It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush closes the gap

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Bush closes the gap

www.politico.com

Perhaps the greatest measure of Obama's declining support is that just 50% of voters now say they prefer having him as President to George W. Bush, with 44% saying they'd rather have his predecessor.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I don't know what to say here about this but I was certain there would be somebody here who would want to see the results of this poll. I was a Bush supporter in the beginning. By the end of his 2 terms I was truly sick of his lack of leadership. There was such promise in the beginning and then in the end he wasn't the conservative we had voted for. When Obama was voted in last year I was sick, now that he has been in power for nearly a year, it seems that lots of other people are starting to feel the same way.

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

LOL. He's nothing more than Dubya's third term. All of the same agendas are being served.

Only difference is he can string two coherent sentences together, unlike his predecessor.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

As long as he has his teleprompter in front of him, and the "journalist" lob softball questions at him. I'm sure if somebody asked him to explain his reasoning for spending our way out of debt and told him to take all the time he needs it wouldn't make sense.

Either way, elections aren't going to solve anything and honestly 2, 4, 6, years between elections is way to long. We need a recall option and we also need an option to be able to recall representatives form other states.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

LOL. He's nothing more than Dubya's third term. All of the same agendas are being served.

Only difference is he can string two coherent sentences together, unlike his predecessor.

My sentiments exactly. Obama=Bush as Dem=Repub therefore Americans getting screwed.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

My sentiments exactly. Obama=Bush as Dem=Repub therefore Americans getting screwed.

Not much to add, that sums it up perfectly. At least more and more people are seeing this.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Imagine if we had another Teddy Roosevelt in office.

Heads would roll, possibly even Teddy's himself at this point.

This country is already lost. I think we should go ahead and come up with a new name for this place besides "America" or the "United States," because we are just disgracing what we used to be.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The difference is when Bush said something, he believed it to be true. When Obama says something he knows it is not true, and tries to push it off as the truth anyway. Example: Global Warming and Sending troops to Afghanistan.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
He certainly has...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/60ac1e307baa.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
When are people going to wake up and realize that Bush was the victim of a Democrat slime job. Yes he made mistakes and did several things that I wasn't thrilled with. People seem to have conviently forgotten that he had overwhelming support in Congress for most of what he did.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

True, but it still doesn't make the policies he signed his name on better. They still sucked. But I agree he was victim of a slime job, but remember what goes around comes around.

I was watching Glenn Beck tonight and he really went off on the left tonight it was great.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
When are people going to wake up and realize that Bush was the victim of a Democrat slime job. Yes he made mistakes and did several things that I wasn't thrilled with.

Are you a part of the "Democrat slime job" too, then?

2nd line for posterity.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Originally posted by JIMC5499
...People seem to have conviently forgotten that he had overwhelming support in Congress for most of what he did.

I didn't forget... But I also don't think that excuses bozo from his egregiously damaging form of leadership.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
I was watching Glenn Beck tonight and he really went off on the left tonight it was great.

You're really being left behind if you're still being distracted by "right vs. left." It's all a bunch of BS, literally politics.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Calling me behind. I see through it all, but there are lots of people that still need to see the forest through the trees. So it's great when somebody like Beck exposes the hypocrisy.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Do you get so excited when someone goes off ranting and raving about Republicans, too, then?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

If the left is actually making valid points. But when the leftist media is painting The Tea Party Movements as "tea baggers" and gives legtitmecy to people like Genene Gerafilo, and calling people that are against the president Racist and the like, no then I have no time to read that BS or give any credence to them.

Lately that is all there has been a bunch of distraction tactics from the leftist media. It just so happens that the left is in power so 80% of the media is going to run cover. If a Republican was in office I would pay attention to what the left has to say because they are going to be more critical of the president.

To completely dismiss the entire MSM is ignorance at its finest.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I take that as a "no" considering you didn't give a straight answer, but a rant about so many other things instead, more right vs. left bull crap.

So no, you are being left behind, by those who are tired of listening to YOUR kind of bickering bull that never changes anything. Two sides of the same manipulating coin, and you've been conditioned to hug your side like it's the only thing that makes sense in the world.

I don't listen to anything the MSM says. Ignorance at its finest? Tell that to the Germans, the Russians, the Chinese.

(What's sad is that many Chinese would probably agree with you.
)

[edit on 10-12-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I guess you missed the very first sentence in my post.

If the left is actually making a valid points.

Thanks.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Yeah, which I'm sure is your coy way of basically saying "never."

Lie to yourself all you want.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join