It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shedding some light on the mysterious Hum

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Julie, I did some looking around and there's 2 cell phone towers near me. One is 1/2 mile at the most, the other is maybe 1.5 miles. The closest one is old looking and I called to find out if the city where it is located to find out if they knew what it was for and they confirmed it is a cell phone tower and that it will be replaced soon. It will be interesting to see if the sound goes away when it's replaced.
The other one looks new and I need to call tomorrow to find out when it was put in.

I looked at my calendar from 2008 becaused I wanted to remember what was happening around the time of the hum. I did have some things going on that contributed to my depression which actually started mid August to coincide with my daughter going to a new school (with a lot more homework) and a difficult financial time. But, I still think I shouldn't have been so depressed. It was hard to function.

The tropical storm I mentioned was FLORA which happened around the 26th of September 2008 (3 days after the hum started for me).

So it went: Depression, The Hum, Flora the tropical storm...In case this means anything.

Here's something else... which I didn't want to mention at first because it will really give away my location. Oh well...
My area is being investigated by the State of Florida as a possible cancer cluster area. There has been a lot of kids diagnosed with brain cancers. More than the expected number for an area this size. This is probably due to Pratt and Whitney which is not far from this area (about 25 miles by car). They have been implicated in the Conneticutt area also...

I'm sure someone has a thought or two on this...Thanks

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Julie: I called about the other tower near me and it is on the grounds of an elementary school and it is part of their telecommunication network. I called the person in charge of this and left a message to find out more about it like when it was installed and turned on but he hasn't returned my call...

Just in case, any "hearers" keeping track, it got really loud for a couple of seconds at 10:40pmEST... and it felt like it was coming from the South direction. I wonder why it gets stronger like that at times...

If anyone reading this knows who is responsible for this low frequency sound being generated or whatever it is that is causing this hum, please think of all the people and pets you are affecting. I wonder about the wildlife too. Like the bees... Is this what's messing them up? Don't mess with nature!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I've been wondering lately how many of the people who write to this forum are actually disinformation agents. I would be nice if none were but realistically there's probably at least one. Maybe I watched too many X-files episodes...

How about the weird cold weather in Florida? Which I do not like. And the California earthquake and the three volcanoes that have recently become really active. Is this all connected somehow?

Well the Hum still humming along...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Here is an interesting link if someone who hears the hum wants to find out what Hz the sound is. This site gives a wide range of low frequency sounds, and maybe you can identify the frequency by finding the one closest to it.

Or, for those of you not hearing the HUM, you can just test to see how low you can go. For me, I can hear 40 Hz, but not 30Hz.

users.swing.be...

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I think you are doing the right thing in researching the towers around you.

I think that you are sensitive to some sort of electrical disturbance.

The reason I asked the previous questions was to try to rule out an inner ear infection. You seem to have a couple of the symtoms but I couldn't say its connected.

You might read this and see if it applies or not.

Labyrinthitis

I'm just trying to come up with some ideas and rule out others. I don't have any other ideas right now. If I do, I'll post.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Julie... I've had my share of strep throat infections and minor ear infections and even laryngitis to know that I don't any of those. I just had a physical which I passed with flying colors. There's no obvious physical reason for me to hear this sound. That is why I would love to have an MRI or CAT SCAN to find out what is allowing me to hear this.

I'm still waiting on the call about the other tower. I have a feeling I will not get a call...I called again today.

I did a little unscientific experiment today... In a room (9' X 10') that faces south and west where the sound is strong, I noticed when I quickly closed the door the sound would get stronger for a second or two. It felt like a wave going from one side of my head to the other side of my head.

So you think that the thousands of people all over the world who hear this could all be suffering from some kind of infection? I guess that is a possible theory. Maybe I was infected when I was given that useless vaccine back in 2000. HUM HEARERS WHERE ARE YOU???? I NEED HELP HERE!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Julie... What does your "signature" mean? "The ride of the century"

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I often hear this hum at night when there is no other sound around.
It is just audible and i'm certain it comes from outdoors.It's volume remains constant, and it's pitch which is about mid range also remains constant. I really don't understand it. I live in the U.K

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by notknowing

Julie... What does your "signature" mean? "The ride of the century"

LOL. I think we are living in interesting times and I truly believe there will be some significant event regarding 2012.

I do NOT believe it's the end of the world. But I believe we are going to experience some mind blowing event! I'm looking forward to it!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
My intuition tells me that we are in for a ride but it's not going to be a good one... I really believe that "aliens" are of satanic origin. They have obviously tricked so many into believing that aliens will come to "transform" us that we are ripe for the biggest deception humanity will ever experience.

Even the bible warns us of this deception many times (Read Matthew chapter 24). I believe Armageddon will be a war between the so called aliens and humans. But that's just what I believe. I know there are more like me, but sadly most people would rather believe the fairytale of being "saved" by a more advanced race of beings.

But I guess this is a different topic all together...

Still humming along.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Funny how tonight's episode of Fringe mentioned a "hum" caused by an electromagnetic pulse. So ironic to be watching a story about a hum while in real life I have to live with a hum. Hopefully I won't turn into a "monster" when the hum stops. If it ever stops...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Have you seen this wesite?

"The Hum is often known by a local name, such as the Bristol Hum, the Taos Hum, the Larges Hum, the Kokomo Hum and many others but in fact there is no local Hum, it is heard across Northern Europe, the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, it is a global phenomena.

The purpose of this web site is first to let sufferers know that they are not alone and to show that there is a logical explanation to the so called mystery Hum."

The Hum

Looks like it has some good info.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Yes, I am very familiar with that website. It is maintained by a person supposedly named John Dawes. I had e-mailed him a few times. Who is he anyway? I could never get an answer to that question... I mentioned in one of my earlier posts to this site that I stopped e-mailing him. I don't even go on that site anymore. I do not trust it at all. I think it is a disinformation site.

I think at this point it would be hard for me to trust anyone. I TRUST NO ONE. Everyone has an agenda of one sort or another.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I just made an interesting discovery just a few minutues ago... I was vacumming and I went to plug in the vacumm cleaner to an outlet that is on the southern part of the house and as I inserted the plug into the outlet I noticed the hum got louder. At first I thought it was just coincidental, so I unplugged it and plugged it in again, and sure enough it got louder for a couple of seconds and then went back to a lower level. I tried different outlets throughout the house but could not get it to repeat anywhere else. It will only do that at that particular outlet. Weird... I don't know what this means exactly. Does the hum travel through the electrical conduits? So is it related to electricity somehow? I don't know. Someone help!!! We need an electrical engineer or someone who would know.

To the hum hearers out there: Please see if you can replicate what I describe above. First listen for the hum, to make sure you ARE hearing it. Then plug something in an outlet to see if the level of the hum gets stronger. Try this a few times at each outlet. Note in which direction of the house is the outlet located that does result in an elevated level after plugging in. Let us know...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Something else that I forgot to mention earlier is that the sound gets louder when my ears get plugged up as when I'm blowing my nose. Of course, as soon as the ears are cleared of whatever, the sound goes back to the regular level. Why is that? Anybody?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This thread is a great study in the effects of resonance.

The military spends huge bucks conducting modal analysis of stealthy objects, especially submarines, propellers, turbines that all exhibit unique sound signatures depending upon size, environment and frequencies.

I have no doubt that all of these strange hums and vibrations that people hear are uniquely the results of the modal characteristics of where they are in respect to a frequency generating source.

Bose, the ultimate in sound equipment, bases all of it's technology in understanding the properties of resonance and the spatial propagation of sound waves.

Whales use resonant characteristics to navigate and communicate with other whales over huge distances.

Sound can manifest itself in fantastic ways!.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
i remember reading about the Taos hum ,that only some people could feel, they believed it to be ELF`s or possibly underground tunneling.supposedly ther e is a HAARP facility in Arecibo,Puerto Rico

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

I agree with everything you wrote...
but especially: "modal characteristics of where they are in respect to a frequency generating source."

I really believe it is not the house or just me (of course) but rather the location of this house. Maybe the fact that there is a very big canal to the south of the house (right across) and also the electrical wires run parallel to the canal. Maybe it is a combination of things that allow me to sense this increasingly annoying sound. I should try not to focus on it so much. It seems when I'm busy doing other things not related to the sound I'm not bothered by it as much.

Please, to people reading this, who are in any way connected to this sound, hear me out, I need this to stop. I want to be a normal non- hearing person who is oblivious to whatever the military might be doing to this poor earth of ours. If it's not the military, could it be just the earth?
Maybe like a dog, sick of its annoying fleas, shaking to get them off, our earth is getting ready to shake us off?

Where are the other hearers? It seems only non-hearers are contributing to this blog...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by somthing
looked around and found something interesting.

its a sample of a humming sound
Sound Sample
Most people won't be able to hear it, but if you play it in something like Windows Media Player and turn on the visualisation you will "see" the sound waves. ( I just maxed out my volume and put headphones on )

recorded in New Zealands city of Auckland
They discovered the frequency but the source is still unknown

Source

Not sure if I'm on the right track but worth looking into

[edit on 3-1-2010 by somthing]

I can hear your sample hum just fine. It's a pulsating hum, quite soothing actually.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by notknowing

I can also hear the sample hum and it seems to heighten my tinitus ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join