It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart layoffs?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by amber24247

Interesting. How long have you been here?

Did you transfer from a Wal-Mart in Germany to one in the USA?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
sorry english is jill bad sorry an i am to school for it now sorry if its bad i am working it now

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I was at the Falmouth Wal-Mart today and it was pathetic.

I swear i was the only one in the whole store. Now the supermarket was full, though.

People are buying food. Thats it.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
i have been here about a four weeks now yes all you said

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Facebook?

Every American girl has one.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

where is that i will look it up

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

what is facebook its site for momy boys like you

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
wal mart fall to the nwo life

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Damn, you were just all about it 10 mins ago then you turned into the ice princess. Whats going on here?

But more importantly who took those pictures of you in prison on your media profile?

[edit on 8-12-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

no thats a slave camp for mommy boys like you do you work or just getting money from dum women and how big you i like huge like a rode thick fat

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Yeah, it usually works that way. First you round up about 10 unsuspecting women. So now you get your one best girl to be your bottom bi..

Wait never mind, but realisticly I am just a drain on society right now while I am sick, but I will be better soon hopefully. In the meantime you should post some more pictures on your media profile.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Well I guess it's time for me to put up or shut up in my media profile as welll......

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I have family that work for Wal-Mart here. A hiring freeze was implemented awhile back. They've hired no new employess, temporary or otherwise for at least six months now. They changed job titles and did away with certain positions - many had to take pay cuts in order to keep their jobs. The store hours have been cut in generally, and even during the holiday season. Most employees are doing the jobs of 2 & 3 people. They will not pay any overtime, and will fire an employee for just about anything at this point - and not hire a replacement.
They have built several new stores and remodeled the others. Can vouch for the fact that the new remods don't accomodate nearly as much stock. However, the local WM is filled beyond capacity with stock they can't put out because there is no room.

UPS - not as many seasonal employees this year. Overtime still available, but mostly for the permanent employees and a little less than usual.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by serendipitynow

So from what I can gather it really depends on the area the wal-mart is in, but is near universal for UPS.

Crazy stuff, I have a feeling march is going to be a very bad signal when the numbers for Feb. come out.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I have family that work for Wal-Mart here. A hiring freeze was implemented awhile back. They've hired no new employess, temporary or otherwise for at least six months now. They changed job titles and did away with certain positions - many had to take pay cuts in order to keep their jobs. The store hours have been cut in generally, and even during the holiday season. Most employees are doing the jobs of 2 & 3 people. They will not pay any overtime, and will fire an employee for just about anything at this point - and not hire a replacement.
They have built several new stores and remodeled the others. Can vouch for the fact that the new remods don't accomodate nearly as much stock. However, the local WM is filled beyond capacity with stock they can't put out because there is no room. yes that i was try to say good job

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
We are in a jobless recovery. All is well. That means someone, somewhere, is having a great time with money. But the rest of us? Oh, hell, we don't need a job. All is well.
The magic monkey is making it all better for us. Remember the great words of wisdom, someone, I guess it was the magic monkey's handler said, "We all must give a little bit of skin." Yeh, okay. You peel off the top layer from your own skin first. If it looks good to me after that, I will follow suit.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
the 2 walmarts in my area have already laid off a lot of people in the past weeks, they are not anymore but they both are on a highering freeze.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
well i'm working right now part-time for wal-mart to help me get by, and so far i haven't heard a thing about lay-offs... if i do, you guys will be the first to know!

also, for the person saying that they were rearranging the store to prepare for reduced inventory, well, wal-mart rearranges stuff ALL the time for God-knows why, and they definitely aren't reducing inventory, because i'm an overnight stocker, and i'll get like 9 pallets of stuff for the toy department, but only about 3 pallets will go up. the rest is overstock because no one's buying much this year, but they keep on sending it, even to the point where we have to ship it back on a truck, and they just ship it right back to us!! what a waste of shipping!! ...i guess if anyone can afford to do that though, it's wal-mart...

$800,000,000,000/year in sales means they do whatever they want...

yes, that's right, currently wal-mart makes an eight with eleven 0's in annual sales (800 Billion), and world hunger still exists...

[edit on 9-12-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
More on the rumors and some insight from a couple of employees I know: Most of the layoffs have centered on the Midwest -- apparently, spending for the holidays isn't holding up as well there as it is along the coasts.

I've also heard - complete rumor, we'll see later - that the mart is instating a scorched earth policy on toys. Price nearly every item at a loss and underprice competition on the few "hot" items to force bankruptcies with some competitors (Toys R Us?).

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join