It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart layoffs?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Meh.. I don't know about layoffs, but the store improvements are being done in many Walmarts. And it's not to reduce inventory, that's ridiculous. There is now MORE stuff at my local Walmart, after their store rearranging. Especially more electronics, they now carry a full line of HD sets, where they did not before. There is just as much food (or more), as well as clothing, camping gear, and so on.

So no... I don't see it. What proof can you provide that they are reducing their stock other than supposition?

Good.

As I do not want Wal mart to start laying off.

Maybe this is just rumor not fact.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I hope this is just rumor too, but new construction doesn't mean they are well off financially. I remember an article that was posted here a while back about how Wal-mart had already allocated funds to upgrade stories around the country and they decision was made 18 months before this article was posted.

Also, just because Wal-Mart lays people off doesn't mean it is going into Chap. 11, it just means they are cutting their overhead to meat their profit goals for their shareholders.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Meh.. I don't know about layoffs, but the store improvements are being done in many Walmarts. And it's not to reduce inventory, that's ridiculous. There is now MORE stuff at my local Walmart, after their store rearranging. Especially more electronics, they now carry a full line of HD sets, where they did not before. There is just as much food (or more), as well as clothing, camping gear, and so on.

So no... I don't see it. What proof can you provide that they are reducing their stock other than supposition?

The isles are being made "cleaner" by reducing stock. They are removing items from the main isles. They have removed items between the registers and apparel and in other areas of the store. They are targeting the sales of items that have the best performance for them. Talk to the vendors about how their back stock has been removed and about the reduction in their display areas. The reason you "see" anything is because you see what they want you to see. The fact you now think you have more options and that the store is making "improvements" only reaffirms that the way they marketed the new wider cleaner isles is working to convince people like you that its an improvement! You think you have more of a selection? Welcome to wal-mart......

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

I used to work for a 3rd party experimental marketing company and it is pretty damn interesting the lengths these people will go with the whole "experience" in a store - its crazy to think about, but of course subconsciously works

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Based on my local Wal-Mart, I disagree. They closed it for a year and reopened it this November. This was not a supercenter before and the store was only expanded ever so slightly. Now, the majority of the store is groceries and all the other departments are noticeably smaller (or eliminated, like the fabrics and crafts section). The clothing sections are only a few isles each, where as before the remodel, they had huge departments. The electronics department looked "bigger", but everything is just more spread out. They definitely cut back on non-food items greatly. Same thing with the (non-super)Target near me. Toys, automotive/home improvement, and sporting goods were cut back when they installed rows of freezers and added some fresh produce.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I work at Walmart and have seen none of this. We have three new temp/seasonal workers in Electronics, two of whom have already been asked to stay permanently.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Good evening, your suspicions are correct. Walmart is either laying off, cuttting hours of non essentiasl sales people, and terminating staff the least of indiscretions... like returning from break 1-2 minutes late. One sales person was on break, waiting in line to purchase a salad. The line was taking long and with the end of lunch approaching, the staffer ate a portion in line... paid for it, and went to the break room to finish lunch. upon arrival, he was promptly terminated for eating unpaid for product.
UPS is slower than usual, my nephew is a seasonal helper on call and they aren't calling.
Lastly, one of my customers(I am a wholesale vendor), and her gitrlfriends went to a regional outlet mall popular at Xmas time and at first thought it was closed,... so few cars were there.
Foloow your gut,... things are not getting better.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I WORK AT wal mart and its real bad place to work you cant talk about the union and if you do you get a warning for if talk about it and you cant 1min over time or they will askcutit on your break and alot stuff on like if someone calloff you do there job for the day sucks but ihave job

[edit on 8-12-2009 by amber24247]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by amber24247

Permission to use your post as my signature please?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

why becease i msss types it no sorry but you can be a my slave

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by amber24247

why becease i msss types it no sorry but you can be a my slave

pic of self?

sure, ill be your slave

ziiiiinger

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

yes you are right about wal mart alot bad stuff goes on

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

HI ThERE can you can help me out pics post in like yours is that you?sorry i from am gremany

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Oh, now i feel bad, I thought you were from the USA.

But I usually do pretty good with European women, so this will most likely work for me.

Click reply, then where you see

H1 EX B I U .. etc at the bar right on top of the box where you reply you will see a picture of an easel and a monitor (to the right of the envelope) then you can put the URL from which the photo originates.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
From the numbers I've seen, Black friday numbers are barely above water... but I think they really are lower than last year.

And ``holiday sales`` in total for christmas are down 21% so far from last year... maybe people are waiting at the last minute or after christmas sales to buy.... Sales 21% down

But I'm sure blind bulls like GreenBigMan will say that it doesn't exist or it's a recovery sign...

Anyway this year in my family, it's a no gifts christmas.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Come on Vit, its called layaway

Where is your true sense of Christmas?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
any out there girl need help

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Check your U2U in your menubar. It should be red with Yellow text that says U2U.

2nd line third.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Of course you'll be trolling Wal*Mart threads after making bullish calls on Wal*Mart stock. Did you know.... World's Biggest Retailer Wal-Mart Closes Up Shop In Germany back in 2006?

Perhaps this is why Amber chose to come to America? To follow her dream of working at Wal*Mart and meeting guys that live with their parents?
So much fun! So easy! What a good sport you are.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

HAHAHA

I am up almost 5 dollars on a supposed dormant stock - i own sam walton

edit: if i had real money on it i should say

[edit on 8-12-2009 by GreenBicMan]

[edit on 8-12-2009 by GreenBicMan]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join