It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw God's face in the river and got the picture to prove it

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
lilblam ....ive seen the divine eye of intuiton thru concentration on the infinite....where as every thing you are perpetuating is based on your limited mind and not experience ....of course youll say ....how do you know you can trust your experiences and i will say how do you know you can trust your limited intellect......once again you have become condescending because you have let your ego believe that you are more intelligent than 99.99999% of the population...

my advice to you is to work on destroying your ego.....

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
cheers darkblade initially god was the first thing that came to mind [still not that it has to be the christian god for i am not a christian] religion seems not to cator for me in my own words, i believe and respect in all gods.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Am I the only one who doesn't see anything at all?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
lilblam

Apparently you feel the need to strike out at people who believe something differently and see the world differently than you do, and thats ok with me.
I relate things to others as I understand it to be,
whether you call it wishful thinking or not, is up to you.
It is your right.

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

no, i cannot even see a face
The last people to ever see God, was Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

LOL!!

Its almost like an ink blot test!
What does that say?
ROTFLMAO

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
There isn't any Santa Clause or Easter Bunny either.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
lilblam ....ive seen the divine eye of intuiton thru concentration on the infinite

And you define the eye as "divine" why? There is a sense beyond our 5 senses, there is another vision, a 3rd eye in a sense (no pun intended). However, why ascribe the notion of divinity to this? It is simply part of our being, our eternal being, not the temporary earth-based personality and flesh that we think is "our being". What I mean is, language is just semantics, and perhaps you use the term divine for anything ethereal, anything that is not scientifically provable. The thing is, religions use this term differently.

....where as every thing you are perpetuating is based on your limited mind and not experience

Unlimited mind! Limited awareness yes, but mind unlimited in potential. The more knowledge I have, the more awareness I have, and there is no limit to knowledge. When I say "mind" I don't mean the human brain, which is a physical conduit that connects my consciousness to my flesh. My consciousness is my true mind, which is not physical.

Oh and I never said that what you claim is untrue! I only questioned the semantics you use to describe it. I never said "there is no divine eye", I just questioned your use of the word divine, and what you mean by it. That's all

....of course youll say ....how do you know you can trust your experiences and i will say how do you know you can trust your limited intellect

Knowledge. We all have experiences of many different kinds, but our interpretation of them is based on our knowledge, is it not? Therefore, the more you are aware of, the more you KNOW (objective reality, not personal delusions aka beliefs), the more accurately you are able to assess and understand the experiences. Best not to assume! So "trust" has nothing to do with it as far as I see it. Objectivity is what's important. So you have an experience that you had no previous knowledge of, and that's fine. But do you seek to objectively understand what the experience was, or do you seek to apply your subjective desires to make this experience what you want it to be? This can be rather subtle, or it can be more extreme.

Example: The guy sees what looks like a human face in a puddle of water. Does he apply his own DESIRE for it to be God and say this? Or does he seek to know what it is, without assumption/belief, which only deters knowledge?

......once again you have become condescending because you have let your ego believe that you are more intelligent than 99.99999% of the population...

No, sorry if that's how it seems. But 99.999% of the population is too busy obsessing to search for truth, and that is true any way you spin it. I'm NOT more intelligent than many people, I simply search for truth, and that is the difference. If Einstein, with all his intelligence, did not get into physics but went into plumbing or something, we'd not have his theories today, at least not by him. Suddenly, he would not be any different, because chances are, there are some people who are not aware of their own potential, and choose not to explore it and find out, and therefore never discover/understand that which they otherwise could. I CHOSE to seek what I seek, and by definition of this choice, it is different from what 99.999% of the population CHOSE. It's not my "intellectual ability" as being better, it's my CHOICE that is different. Anyone can make the choice, but how many actually do?

my advice to you is to work on destroying your ego.....

Well I am actually working on that! Also, I never said this makes me "better" than anyone else, because better is subjective of course. This makes me DIFFERENT, but we are all absolutely unique, so we're all different are we not? I do not feel "above" anyone in any sense, I am simply objectively aware that I chose to understand and seek certain things, and I have found many answers to questions that most people cannot answer yet, because they do not seek the answer. Even if my ego doesn't exist, what I just said still doesn't necessarily change does it? If there are 100 yellow rubber duckies, and 1 blue, does the lack of ego on the part of the blue duck make him yellow? No.

This is what I mean. Please try to stay objective with me, not subjective. Now that I possess this knowledge, and continually seek more, it only makes me more humble in terms of my daily associations. However, it does make me stick to objectivity, and this sometimes hurts another because perhaps their ego cannot accept that someone else may know more than they do, which is invariably true for all of us anyway, someone will ALWAYS know more than you.

If I said I had a rare disease, which made me extremely dumb, and therefore I belong to the group of humans which comprise 0.001% of the population that have this disease. Would you then tell me to work on my ego, and not think that I'm worse than everybody else? This is the opposite example, but can you see that your own ego doesn't react to this one as it does to the previous one, because now I place myself in a subjectively "lower" position than the rest of humans, and that is ok

And yes, ego is something I seek to eliminate asap, hopefully you do too! It keeps you from seeing.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i cant disagree with you on many things lilblam as i am seeking to destroy my ego and divinity in what im refering to has nothing to do with organized religion ....which i am against....and the mind is unlimited by the intellect can only go so far......if youd like ....reseach and practice raja yoga or dont but if you dont you cant say what im saying is not the truth.....im glad your destroying your ego .....i just dont think you should off handedly dismiss what others tell you......you may one day find there is intuition which goes beyond mans normal intuition which is infallible......jnana yoga is the path of knowledge and the one that you are leaning towards but it is dry and hard to tread....but that might be right up your alley....

and lilblam if you destroy your ego all your intellect and emotions will become an illusion and what you said about your consciousness....
......that is where the infallible intuition resides.....
once you know everything .....youll find there will be nothing to know .....sounds contradictory.... but one day i think you will find it to be the ultimate truth........

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The bumping of egos....lol

My take on the ego is it needs to be balanced not destroyed.
It serves a purpose,
but sometimes gets so big that all sharp objects should be removed from the room or it will get popped and destroy your self esteem.

Its not hard to tell if it causes a problem.

Ego isnt a bad thing IMO.
It keeps a person in check,
and depending on personality, lack of ego, and even an overly big ego can be a good thing or a bad thing.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
all in all, if you can see whats in the picture, it is strange. thats why i wanted to share it with you all. i had forgot about it until reading junglejakes post. this is the the picture i took from westbury hill in sussex. it has just one face that i can see [maybe you wont but i do]. the point from which i took the picture is an old viking burial ground and if you ask me looks just like a resting viking. i have darkened the photo a bit to try and make the face clearer.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Actually, in that photo,(the one dirrectly above this post) I see a part of a skull poking out of the ground, jumped right out at me...LOL
Should of waited to say what it was,
would of been interesting to see responses.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
im surprised no1 else has seen the face i have.

(im having trouble uploading it here so plz check this URL to see my trace of the pic)

randomnous.iamthecheese.com...

look at that, then back to the orginal

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
and i think, exaclt what i said, my openess to spirituality and nother more has lead to what i think are interesting photo' s. what i believe is the more open your are to all things including each other, the more you,ll discover. for me now the face will just be a wise old man, the crucifix, a crucifix, the soilder, a soldier, and the contorted face, a contorted face. i see the wise old man frowning upon the crucifix for what the soilder fights for and the torment of man in the contorted face. and the sun has just come out.

[edit on 26-6-2004 by kode]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
i agree pineappleupsidedown, thanks for the scketch this appears to be a picture of many faces, has anyone noticed the detail in the soldiers helmet and the rinkles of his poncho. it looks like a wwii uniform. im no expert.

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by kode]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I think that you can find information in everything.
Everything does have meaning to a person who looks for it. Messages do come that way, and certain people do have certain abilities to pick up things out of seemingly nothing and get some personal message. Just my 2 cents on paranormal information and photos, and that goes for tea leaves,coffee grounds, tarot, and everything else that can be a tool used for divination or personal growth of all kinds. If it speaks to you, then go with it. You get people who will say its a bunch of BS, but thats ok. Its what you get out of it that counts.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
....reseach and practice raja yoga or dont but if you dont you cant say what im saying is not the truth

Don't have to have any specific "practice" to know the truth, as all paths of truth ultimately lead to the same thing, right? If that is what you seek, that is what you get. Ask and ye shall receive. Receive without asking, and ye shall be deceived.

.....im glad your destroying your ego .....i just dont think you should off handedly dismiss what others tell you

I do not dismiss if I don't know, for the most part anyway (as there's still the ego issue).

......you may one day find there is intuition which goes beyond mans normal intuition which is infallible

That is the only intuition! What you describe as "man's normal intuition" which is fallible as you say, isn't really intuition. People confuse many things like "a hunch" or "wishful thinking" as intuition. When it truly IS intuition, it is infallible, because intuition is based on knowledge, which resides in the soul. There is no such thing as false knowledge, and therefore, if it is based on knowledge, it is based on true. It is best to not anticipate, to see clearly.

and lilblam if you destroy your ego all your intellect and emotions will become an illusion and what you said about your consciousness....
......that is where the infallible intuition resides.....
once you know everything .....youll find there will be nothing to know

The only way to know everything, is to be everything. And when you ARE everything, you no longer have any "individuality", you are literally God, or all there is. And all becomes ONE. At this level, the duality that we perceive in our world ceases to exist (positive/negative, ying/yang, creation/destruction, white/black, matter/antimatter, microcosm/macrocosm, existance/nonexistance etc). However, until then, there's PLENTY to know, because all there is is lessons, nothing else. When you know everything, you finally know yourself, because each and every one of us possess in our subconscious absolutely everything there is to know, absolutely every possibility out of the infinite potential of creation. You are a reflection of the reality in which you reside. We're like computers and reality is the internet - when our bandwidth is infinite and storage capacity is also infinite, we BECOME the internet. However, we're limited by our awareness, and by expanding awareness, you know more of reality and therefore more of yourself, or so I think.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Jesus said "Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall SEE THE FACE OF GOD" I believe this means that people WILL SEE GODS FACE!

It says in Acts I think or somewhere in the NT that no one has ever seen the face of God. But in the OT the prophet Isaiah saw Gods face and an Angel brought him a coal from the fire to cleanse him of his sin(because he felts so guilty after seeing Gods face). So there is some major condradiction there ESP as Isaiah was the one MAIN prophet who predicted Jesus Christ as Messiah.

I dont think that was Gods face in the stream though, trust me ...if God wants you to see his face you WILL SEE IT CLEARLY!

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
seekerof, so i may have seen god for his image seems clear to me. i supose it comes down to the purness of my heart. but seeing as i belive in all gods it may have been anyone of them. its just speculation. i have an ego but as i have said in another post i by know means ever consider myself better than any other man or woman. even the dirtyest scumiest bum on the street, he is still my equal. no matter what his mental state. i guess growing up in a christian society would have lead me down this path. so i thank jesus for that.

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by kode]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
this is still open to discussion if you would like to add your comments i still like to kknow what the rest of you think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join