It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw God's face in the river and got the picture to prove it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
junglejake thanks for reminding me. while in portugal the other year i took a drive from faro to mertola, and along the way i stopped at a stream which came off of the guadiana river. i took some film of it with my cam corder. it was a nice peacfull place and quite picturess [except for little bit of fly tipping]. i was zooming in on the stream, filming little waterfalls and i was trying to catch the sun glistening on the water.

when i got home i rigged the camera upto the computer and to catch the stills from the film i used smart capture. i admit its not the most reliable way of getting good qaulity pictures, but this one caught my eye. at first i spotted an old man with a beard, then i spotted another old man then a distorted face a crucifix and what i reckon looks like a soilder. this isn,t the only photo i have either thats strange. if you take a close up of it u can see its quite spooky. i had thought maybe my openess to spirituality had somthing to do with it, i was just wondering what you guys made of it?

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by John bull 1]

[edit on 19-7-2004 by kode]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Ummm, silly question, but since no one, no Man, has seen the face of God, how are you sure that that is the face of God, eh?

seekerof

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Great rishis and saints have seen god .....if you believe it .....i do...but other than the cross im having a hard time seeing this but i do see the distorted face down in the corner...
my advice is to concentrate as much as possible on god and he/she/beyond gender....will eventually reveal itself to you.....

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
how do you know for sure no one has seen god, but granted it could be an old man but it also resembles the kind of long white haired old man some identify with god.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
i just get the feeling its an old wise man

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
Great rishis and saints have seen god .....if you believe it .....i do...but other than the cross im having a hard time seeing this but i do see the distorted face down in the corner...
my advice is to concentrate as much as possible on god and he/she/beyond gender....will eventually reveal itself to you.....

Kinda hard to concentrate on all that there is.. but one can surely try! We're all God, and he has many faces!

d1k

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
God is pretty much shown in many differnt places exactly how Gandolf the white looks in the the LOTR movies.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kode
i just get the feeling its an old wise man

What does that have to do with God?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by d1k
God is pretty much shown in many differnt places exactly how Gandolf the white looks in the the LOTR movies.

Because we live in a patriarchy that resides in a hierarchy of control, which depends on this control for its physical aggrandisement and service to self goals. In light of this, he BETTER look like an old wise MAN, otherwise you'd have trouble getting people in millions to worship him! If he "looked" like a turtle, or a young girl, you might not be able to convince the "male domination" club to join your religion.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
First off, lay off the watching the 10 Commandments with Charleston Heston, k?

As to me seemingly knowing this and besides what watcheroftheskies is saying, here:

Exodus 33:20 God said to Moses: �You cannot see My face; for no man can see Me and live.�

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time.(cf. John 6:46)

1 Tim. 6:16 Whom no man hath seen nor can see.

Despite other scriptural references that seem to contradict this, there simply is NO contradiction. The answer remains NO man has seen the face of God.
Is the Bible Contradictory Concerning God's Visibility?
Has anyone seen God?
Has Man Seen God--Yes or No?

seekerof

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam

Kinda hard to concentrate on all that there is.. but one can surely try! We're all God, and he has many faces!

The Atma ....aka ....your ultimate self is surely god.....many faces yes...but you may concentrate on a aspect of god and begin to feel the presence and eventually see what is beyond the beyond......one of the best things ive found to do is to keep what ever aspect of god you care to concentrate on upper most in your mind and the divine will begin to reveal itself....
its good that your here lilblam ...havent heard from you in a while..

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
who said it was a christian god, there many gods.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Dude, you can beat this anyway you want to, k?
Riddle me this:
Where is a verifible picture of God to compare with what you have seen that allows you to make the assertion that you have seen the face of God in those pictures?

seekerof

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
of the top of my head i cant think, but i got the notion from somwhere, i admit to a bit of sensationalism, but, if any god had a face then thats as good an interpretation as any.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Despite other scriptural references that seem to contradict this, there simply is NO contradiction. The answer remains NO man has seen the face of God.

seekerof

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by Seekerof]

classic interpretations....no doubt....but did jesus see the father and was he a man..?

and those are the physical eyes ....not the divine eye.....which is the eye of intuition.....

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
And here's a couple of animal faces looking towards the bottom right of the picture.... What seem to look like a dog face (top picture), and a llama face (bottom picture).

I found more things, but cant be bothered wasting my time in this thread anymore.

You look at something and you see something, or many things. Beleive what u want...but it's just mass organised in a certain way....not by gods intentions.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
here is an interpretation of the divine eye of wisdom and also biblical references to it

oaks.nvg.org...

there is a divine eye and beyond the physical .....this i know....

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
kode, if to you it felt like god, then for you, it very well could have been.

The signs we recieve often are personal. It could be as simple as a butterfly. But your spirit goes....That was god! And for you, it was.
I use the butterfly because I had an experience when I was about 19 with a butterfly LOL

God will come to you in a way that you will understand, if its faces in a river, then thats awesome!
its all in how your spirit reacts to it.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

The Atma ....aka ....your ultimate self is surely god.....many faces yes...but you may concentrate on a aspect of god and begin to feel the presence and eventually see what is beyond the beyond......one of the best things ive found to do is to keep what ever aspect of god you care to concentrate on upper most in your mind and the divine will begin to reveal itself....
its good that your here lilblam ...havent heard from you in a while..

I'm concentrating on my toilet, which is also an aspect of God. Maybe I should keep the toilet uppermost in my mind, and God will be soon revealed? Or is this not what you meant? (I'm just teasing you, but hopefully you see that this falls within the bounds of your statement). There is a lot that you can imagine in your mind and choose to concentrate on, but are you seeking a psychadelik sensation or truth? Anyways, why would you ever use the term "divine", when it's an obvious allusion to a hierarchy of control, something that is somehow "closer to God" than something else. This is an obvious religious lie, there are no "divine" beings, just beings more knowledgeable than others (and more delusional). Would you care to define divine as you use the term, if that's not what you meant perhaps?

Oh and I'm not "back" per se, I'm just not posting here as much as I used to. My enthusiasm for "revealing the truth" to those who ask not for it has passed, it is time to communicate with those who do seek it, as I now take free will under consideration. When the time comes, I must be ready to teach those who ask. Therefore, I must get myself ready, because the "time" is indeed running out. Notice the difference between asking for the sake of argument, and being truly inquisitive, open minded, objective, and patient. When I say "ask" I speak of the latter, but sadly on this forum, when it comes to certain subjects, mostly the former pervades.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
kode, if to you it felt like god, then for you, it very well could have been.

The signs we recieve often are personal. It could be as simple as a butterfly. But your spirit goes....That was god!

You think the SPIRIT did that, or a wishfully-thinking mind?

And for you, it was.

This has nothing to do with objective reality of course (as seen in the words "for you"), but belief and truth don't mix.

I use the butterfly because I had an experience when I was about 19 with a butterfly LOL

God will come to you in a way that you will understand, if its faces in a river, then thats awesome!
its all in how your spirit reacts to it.

Too bad you're really just aware of your own mind's reaction, which lives in a wishfully thinking illusion. Remember, assumption doesn't make it true! And what is this thread based on? An assumption.

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by lilblam]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join