It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change in You Corner of The Planet.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I wanted to start this thread in light of the Global warming debate, but it is not about proving or disproving the GW theory,.

This topic is about personal experiences pertaining to climate change in your area,

Personally I have noticed it for quite a few years,

Actually, I have been interested in catastrophism since I was about twelve years old, from reading the book of Revelations, ( this is not about religion either.)
www.endtime-truth.com...

www.varchive.org...

abob.libs.uga.edu...

www.burlingtonnews.net...

From The Book of revelations to the Sumerian, Babylonian, and Genesis flood myths, man has been obsessed with understanding our ever changing planet and universe.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This year we had a late summer, spring was cool and wet,

Summer was cooler then usual and fall was cool with a lot of rain,

The plants didn't do well,

There is still corn in the field in our area.
NCDC: October USA – temperature 3rd coldest on record, wettest ever on record
wattsupwiththat.com...

# The average October temperature of 50.8°F was 4.0°F below the 20th Century average and ranked as the 3rd coolest based on preliminary data.
# For the nation as a whole, it was the third coolest October on record.
The U.S. recorded its wettest October in the 115-year period of record. The nationwide precipitation of 4.15 inches was nearly double the long-term average of 2.11 inches.

According to the NOAA Midwest Regional Climate Center in Champaign, Illinois, more than half of the long-term stations in the Midwest had one of their five wettest Octobers on record, with one out of five observing its wettest. Combined with the cold, this delayed crop planting and stunted crop maturity. Corn development was as much as four weeks behind in places, and the soybean harvest was well behind schedule throughout the region.

wattsupwiththat.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
In london we have same weather, with rubbish summers and hardly any change in the real weather at all.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I dont think its Global warming more like Global cooling..... The winter in Ohio was Harsh, Spring came late, Fall came Late. We had a mild summer not to many 90 Degree days, My cousin diddnt even open her swimming pool because it wasnt warm enough to go swimming some of the time. We even had an Indian Summer which kept is in the 60s which isnt very normal.

So yes there is something going on but I dont know if its Man Made or nature.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I noticed it - it is getting COLDER.

We had record lows in 2007 (-12°C).

Note carefully that we are in a solar minimum (a cycle lasts for 11 years +/- 2 years) and this minimum is the quietest for a long time, if not a record.

Note that the record highs in 1998 coincided with maximum solar activity.

news.bbc.co.uk...

This was an article posted in 1998:

Climate changes such as global warming may be due to changes in the sun rather than to the release of greenhouse gases on Earth.

Climatologists and astronomers speaking at the American Association for the Advancement of Science meeting in Philadelphia say the present warming may be unusual - but a mini ice age could soon follow.

The sun provides all the energy that drives our climate, but it is not the constant star it might seem.

Careful studies over the last 20 years show that its overall brightness and energy output increases slightly as sunspot activity rises to the peak of its 11-year cycle.

And individual cycles can be more or less active.

The sun is currently at its most active for 300 years.

Note the scietific mood at the time, before anyone realized how powerful the psychology of climate change fear could be in less than a decade (that's where we are now, BTW).

Now that temperatures are better fitting the effects of the sun than of any so-called "green house gases", they have had to change tack and focus on climage change instedad, and scare us with 4 ft sea level rises in a century.
Wow... big deal. Find higher ground.

Strangely they seem to ignore the sun cycle though... Must be a control thing.
The psychology goes that we can control "green house gas emissions" (actually - only our tiny bit), whereas the sun is a raging nuclear fireball that will swallow us eventually.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Kewl Stormdancer!
I have noticed changes around here also!
I have followed much the same path as you!
Unfortunately I got into it a little later in life.
It is nice to have a wider perspective!
Star and flag!

The biggest thing seems to be the extremes!
Seems like when things change the way they seem to be,
it wouldnt neccesarily mean it would be warmer locally.
Who really knows whats up?
We havent even been around long enough for starters!
Extinctions happen, if thyis is what it is, theres prolly not
much we can do about it anyway. Just sayin'....

I'm gonna go read your links, thanks!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well, in Finland where I live in, it's quite the opposite.
There should be snow and minus degree celsius in this time of the year - But there isn't.
It's what, 5? degree plus every day and it rains water, not snow.
Also, November was the most warm November we've had in 100 years.
I'm also worried about the plants, it was colder for a while and then it warmed quite a lot coming to the end of november, and some trees started to "wake up for summer" If you get what I mean.
Also, some insects started showing up again, which shouldn't happen before summer.
It's quite interesting really, yet it troubles me quite a bit.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
In london we have same weather, with rubbish summers and hardly any change in the real weather at all.

LOL, TY, andy.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Klavier

That is what I have noticed, a strange, kinda confusion, like the plants and animals don't know what season it is.

For about 15 years now I have noticed, something is odd, it is not all about climate either.

It is in the air, you can feel it, you can sense it.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Who really knows whats up?
We havent even been around long enough for starters!
Extinctions happen, if thyis is what it is, theres prolly not
much we can do about it anyway.

You know I agree,

Long before the GW debate some friends and I would talk about how there seems to be something shifting, just can't express it, or what it is.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

Yes, I have been following the sun activity and the ocean currents,

There is also volcanic activity, in certain areas that might be playing a role.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

I dont think its Global warming more like Global cooling..... The winter in Ohio was Harsh, Spring came late, Fall came Late. We had a mild summer not to many 90 Degree days, My cousin diddnt even open her swimming pool because it wasnt warm enough to go swimming some of the time. We even had an Indian Summer which kept is in the 60s which isnt very normal.

So yes there is something going on but I dont know if its Man Made or nature.

That is the way it was around here.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Here in Oslo, the last 4 years or so, there are never any sunlight, we are lucky if we have 100 sun days during the year..

two years ago, there were a new record here on 128 sundays during that year..

It is cold, this summer people used jeans and sweaters mostly.. sad stuff.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

It is also getting harder to grow crops!
That cant be too good!

I think the weirdness will prolly continue,
hopefully not get much worse though!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

It is cold, this summer people used jeans and sweaters mostly.. sad stuff.

WOW,

I did notice for FEW SUMMERS PERENNIALS, would bloom to early, and trees would bloom to early,

new topics

top topics

join