It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recommended Books?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
For me some great intorductions were David Icke's: "The Biggest Secret" and Robert Anton Wilson's: "Everything is under control: Conspiracies, cults and cover-ups".

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
And once youve read thos books, especially Albert Pike, Jordan Maxwell, Mackey, and Manley P hall take a listen to Bill Cooper's Mystery Babylon radio Broadcasts.

I have researched for the truth for some time now and I stumbled on Bill Cooper's work late in the game. He is and always will be a Patriot and a true Christian.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Theres a broadcast called BIBLIOGRAPY in Bill Cooper's Mystery Babylon series that is a very good resource guide.

its on google video, sorry dont know how to link.

video.google.com...#

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I would recommend two "books" by Eustace Mullins, "The World Order" and "Secrets of the Federal Reserve".

Back in the "olden" days the books were not easy to locate and purchase. Today they are available on-line in different formats:

THE WORLD ORDER

SECRETS OF THE FEDERAL RESERVE

Got them for Christmas 30 years ago. One of the best gifts ever. Must reads for everyone, IMHO.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Extant Taxon

Personally, I would question the inclusion of Nesta Webster in your list, not to devalue your contribution. To be fair, I only have her "World Revolution" (1921 printing), but she and Edith Starr Miller's "Occult Theocracy" are two which I consider bad research and the cause of the proliferation of many hoaxes and misinformation repeated to this day.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Personally, I would question the inclusion of Nesta Webster in your list, not to devalue your contribution. To be fair, I only have her "World Revolution" (1921 printing), but she and Edith Starr Miller's "Occult Theocracy" are two which I consider bad research and the cause of the proliferation of many hoaxes and misinformation repeated to this day.

I agree with you somewhat, which is why I included the following proviso from my OP on the book, which she wrote with the full intention to communicate her fascistic, anti-Jew leanings. That is, her belief that the Jews were behind the fomenting of revolutions via Grand Orient freemasonry, both being "Godless" entities as opposed to her beloved UGLE who invested belief in the "one true God." For her it was the "shining beacon" of the British Empire versus the hordes of darkness.

Originally posted by Extant Taxon
reply to post by Animal

Secret Societies and Subversive Movements - Nesta H. Webster

The above book by Webster is a very good overview of the conspiratorial view of the role of secret societies through history. She was inherently pro-Anglo freemasonry, and anti-Continental, or Grand Orient freemasonry; she certainly did her research in the British Library sifting through hundreds upon hundreds of primary and secondary source documents to build her case. Which is something to keep in mind, as she was quite fascistic in her leanings and subscribed to the idea of the "Jewish Global Conspiracy." She was quite rabidly anti-Jew. But if you can filter all that out she produces a very good outline of all the main societies with secrets throughout history.

The research, in my opinion, is not anywhere near as bad as some make out. It is a well researched book. She was however, as I pointed out, extremely biased towards the Jews which is very important to hold in mind. But there is a lot of very interesting information in there if people can filter the "Jew hate" out.

[edit on 14/12/09 by Extant Taxon]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
My personal favorite - Rule by Secrecy by Jim Marrs. I think it's an exceptional work and would be an ideal "starter" book given it delves into virtually every secret society you can think of. (Of course, it they're really secret, ... you won't have heard of them
)

I especially like this book due to the extensive footnoting and bibliography. A great resource and jumping-off point for further exploration. Your local library probably has a copy, if not a local Half Price Books.

Not to mention, Jim has his own forum here at ATS affording an opportunity to ask him some questions or potentially get some clarification.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Okay mate last night the mail man dropped off:

Perfectibilists - The 18th Century Bavarian Order of the Illuminati by Terry Melanson

So far I am loving it, thanks for the heads up.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I highly recommend James Shelby Downard's "The Carnivals Of Life and Death". I'm going through my shelves so I'll be back. Check out Feral House press and the Disinformation books as well.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal

Okay mate last night the mail man dropped off:

Perfectibilists - The 18th Century Bavarian Order of the Illuminati by Terry Melanson

So far I am loving it, thanks for the heads up.

You're welcome.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
New book here from a Swedish ex-mason that will upset quite a few of the Brotherhood for sure. Not yet available in English though:

Secrets of the Freemasons: Told From the Inside by Roger Karsten Aase

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/707e3d17d9d9.jpg[/atsimg]

Dictatorial and religious sect - Defector Roger Karsten Aase reveals everything about the Masonic movement.

Have to wait and see if this gets translated into English...

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Just finished The Anglo-American Establishment by Carroll Quigley. Excellent introduction to the Milner Group and the rest of the hidden forces influencing world affairs up the point Quigley finished the book. Very useful to read together with Quigley's Tragedy and Hope: A History of the World in Our Time.
If anyone wants to have some insight into a clandestine organization that may indeed have had real and measurable influence on the global scene then look no further than Quigley's works.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

What did you think of that book on the Bavarian Illuminati, Perfectibilists?

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I guess most of you are wanting to read about Freemasons, or other groups like that, and try to figure out what they are doing. To me, Morals And Dogma was an interesting read that put my mind in the state necessary for advancing further. I didn't get any real information out of that book though.

If you want to get clues about an insane secret then read Blavatsky's Isis Unveiled and Secret Doctrine, and then read Neumann's The Origins And History Of Consciousness. Blavatsky was from Russia and she drops it in her books like nobody else. She isn't talking about what some group does in regards to current world power scene, but she tells something astonishing. And it is in effect today. Neumann studied with Freud then moved to Tel Aviv so go figure. Who is utilizing this secret? I don't know for sure. But I know it is being used world wide. I figure it is being used by anybody and everybody who knows.

Oh, I have to add this in here also.... parts of the Bible back up these claims. So there. Blavatsky, Neumann, and the Bible dudes. When I found these three seemingly disparate sources coming together on some secret stuff, well, it was a wrap.

[edit on 8-2-2010 by Cabaret Voltaire]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

You can find some of this books for download here :

Books for download

Also :

Second link for download

All the best.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

No Blavatsky for me thanks. I'm not a fan of New Age Kool-aid.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
does that not depend on how you plan on revisioning what is the history of man and the history of men who liken themselves as the totality of man.

any 3rd grade world history book corroborated by further reading about societies and why some would feel the need to be hidden would be good subject matter.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The Pilars of Tubal Cain.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extant Taxon

No Blavatsky for me thanks. I'm not a fan of New Age Kool-aid.

Blavatsky dropped enough hints for me to discovery the nature of the puzzle. I guess it is all in the Bible also, but I couldn't figure out the Bible alone. I guess somebody could do it by themselves or have some Bible super decoder teach them. I had to get the Blavatsky hints. And the Neumann book gave me another way to look at it all.

And if I could somehow find the whole scheme in the Bible I would be amazed. I sort of think it has been obscured greatly by translation. Maybe purposefully.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

The only hints Blavatsky dropped (via the subtext to her entire work) were almost certainly concerning Synarchy. And how to bamboozle her readership with occult doctrines and to attack Christianity in the mix. Just like the ancient Gnostics who venerated the serpent in opposition to the orthodox Christian paradigm. Which she did. It's the whole bloody tedious orthodox Christianity vs. Gnostic heresy that has been going on for two thousand years, and is being carried on to this day within the sphere of conspiracy theory and alternative media. It's saturated with the stuff. Plus a recursor to the racial doctrine of the superior Aryan race in the mix which the Nazis appropriated. Lots to like with Blavatsky. With her seven-foot tall, hermaphroditic egg laying Lemurians. A mother of invention she certainly was.

Most of these occultists are frauds, or have been conned by fraudulent occultists into believing a "doctrine."

I wouldn't bother looking for a "code" in the bible either. Just pick and choose from the many, many bible "codes" already out there. But why stick with just one?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join