It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

before ya'll bash our soldiers

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I would just like to express my appreciation and thankfulness towards all of the enlisted men and women on this site. Not everyone here is as ignorant as some of the people posting in this thread.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Seems like there's some intelligence and insight coming from 3 consistent and controversial posters here in this thread. Its obvious that all 3 have done some reading, some ingesting of knowledge not commonly held by the public at large. Seems to be some enlightenment on taxation, the military industrial complex, shadow governments, drug cartels, mass media propaganda, mind control, and general conspiracy theories applied to societies throughout mankinds existence.
There had to have been some focus and real interest applied and committed to researching and retaining these facts and bits of information.
It's nice to see, and adds some hope that maybe as knowledge keeps spreading, the level of our collective life experiences and treatments of eachother will improve.
Yet, I'm confused as to why the quick default belief in vicious attacking hypocrisy is the repeated first and only level of response?
Regardless of your political,religious,or tax paying status not a one of us has or is operating outside the systems that are in play.
With your awareness comes a responsibilty.
The main responsibilty is to apply and live what you've learned.
You've got basically 3 choices every second youre alive and engaging others on this earth.
Build - Sustain - Destroy.
As I said earlier, youre obviously intelligent and educated, I believe youre doing yourself a disservice though and possibly contributing to the very conditions you state youre against.
I would seriously like to hear some input concerning solutions, remedies, and courses of actions that you feel are answers to breaking through and fixing things.
Perhaps the deep waters of the passion you hold to the subject matter have you very frustrated and the emotional response in all of the attacking verbiage was a safety valve letting off pressure.
The complexity of basic life itself coupled with the built on problems and conditions, doesnt put anyone in a position to expect perfection.
The grand wars and harm and killing and rage you so openly and sternly reject and abhor are only larger versions of the very same behaviors, words, and actions you have used here.
This isnt meant to be demeaning or mocking.
It's simply taking some responsibilty, while becoming more aware.
I would hope that you have more to offer, than just more of the same that you despise.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrysniper
I would just like to express my appreciation and thankfulness towards all of the enlisted men and women on this site. Not everyone here is as ignorant as some of the people posting in this thread.

While it's the enlisted persons who do all the hard work, the commissioned officers provide the cheerleading. XD

Sorry, had to make a joke about how people tend to say "enlisted" when they speak about the military as a whole. Enlisted: Pvt-SgtMaj Commissioned: 2ndLt/Ensign-General/Admiral(?forgot)

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

What "RIGHTS" are you referring to that we are losing daily? I can still vote, I can still own a home, I can still dance my a** off in my yard with twinkies in my ears, anytime I want, I can still say what I want when I want to anyone I want and there is no Gestapo to carry me off into the night (sorry, maybe you didn't know that), okay, except for slander and libel and threats of violence,what actual rights have been taken from us. I can still purchase and own a gun, I can still post replys to clueless fools on the internet who like to pretend they are anti-establish rebels ANYTIME I want. Let's see, we all still have the same rights we had all along. So do not lump this losing our rights crap with a bash at the same men and women who wear the uniform of the US. The military does not have a policy of rape, pillage, mayhem etc. on the civilians of any country. There may be and are members of the service who are criminals and are dealt with by the military for their actions. Why is nobody talking treason charges on the Clintons for selling submarine tech to the Chinese for campaign donations (allegedly]? Eh? But no, the constant moan and groan against the people who take on the task of being ready to defend our country. I really hope you get a little INSTANT KARMA yourself (and the USAF is above any of the allegations you bring up]. Grow up and learn a little more about the world than what

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The soldiers won't be defending our rights. They are already committing an illegal act by fighting an illegal and unconstitutional war. The soldiers are therefore criminals. Not a criminal? Don't join a terrorist organization.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
The soldiers won't be defending our rights. They are already committing an illegal act by fighting an illegal and unconstitutional war. The soldiers are therefore criminals. Not a criminal? Don't join a terrorist organization.

Can you quote ANY sources stating it's " Illegal or unconstitutional" ?

As I have stated already I'm not a supporter of the war but I do support the troops. Can we get confirmation of these claims. It would go a long way to support that argument.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

The phrase Novus ordo seclorum ,Latin for "New Order of the Ages", posted under your user name, is an indication of your alliance to the current operations of which you are condemning? You are both sides of the argument?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I am blown away by this whole thread, not by the topic or the poem but by the civilian reactions. This is just insane, the man posted a poem that he thought was of importance during the festive season and some keyboard "soldier" decided that not for a second should anyone forget how horrible the American Servicemen are, are you kidding me??
Firstly on persons whole argument seems to be predicated on an assumption that the whole American forces are going to soon round them up and execute them. Aside from whatever you may believe will occur in a martial law society its asinine to engage in an argument relying on a "doomsday" scenario that has not occured. You say they are drones and break the law? How about assuming guilt before any action? What makes some of you people the Judge on these men? Is it all the "research" you have done.
Frankly i find it disgusting the way in which many people on here interacted with your own Soldiers. These are your soldiers people, they are fighting the wars of Old men, and because you think it to be an unjust war does not mean every aspect of it to be unjust. You really dont think the Soldiers realize a vast majority of this war is being fought for oil?? Two points to this,
a) how many of you asshats making comments about the legallity of a "legal" war are driving electric vehicles? Thats what i thought.
b) Is it not possible to go into an "unjust" war with just causes? Perhpas many of these Soldiers are fighting because they truely believe they can make a differen in the world, not just secure oil. They didnt start this war but they can decide for themselevs why they choose to fight.
Lastly this is a point that always rubs me the wrong way, when people call "our" (Im canadian so im reffering to MY soldiers, Both American and Canadian these young men fight for us all!!) anyways back to the point. When people make comments like our soldiers go out and murder innocent civilians it drives me nuts. People this is what you do not understand, in a WAR, which we are in Soldiers must firstly look after the safety of themselves so they can in turn protect your safety. Now that means there have been civilian casualties and this is horrible no-one iwll debate this.
Let me ask you this though, was it American soldiers that decided to dress up like the civilians and mix within the populous? Did the Americans violate one of the major rules of war by not having a distincable uniform to seperate them from non-combatants?
You keyboard "soldiers" think conflicts should be decided behind a closed door between a few men. Ohh wait no you dont thats NWO, but we cant have Wars those may get ugly, like this was a fact you didnt know before Iraq? I mean common people.
I speak for the rest of the world when i say the type of Americans on here lost their right to bitch and moan about their Soldiers, or the War, when you did NOTHING to stop it. Re-elected the man in fact, so before you go off and bitch about anything to a soldier why dont you re-visit 2001 and try and recall how many doors you were knocking on to prevent these things.
Bunch of armchair "soldiers" without opinions strong enough to do anything other than type a message. We as North America will not need you opinions if and when things get out of control, but we will need the American and Canadian Soldiers and their never ending fight!!
All those who have served/ are serving/ have helped out, the nation of me can not fully express the appreciation that people have for you. The ones who can get out of chairs that is.
Want to see how to honour soldiers?
google Canadas Highway of Hereos.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
lmao the guy who made this post sounds like a redneck....y'all?? wtf go fight the war if you support the troops cause we dont!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Thank you for posting that OP. I rarely star or flag anything, but I gave you one of each.

To the soldiers who sacrifice so much to protect our country, I thank you.

To the bashers, well, it's your right to say what you think and feel, even if it cost the lives of our soldiers for you to be able to do so. I'll never agree with you, but I'll never begrudge your right to say it.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

EVERYBODY LOVES THEIR SOLDIERS
EVERYBODY HATES WAR BECAUSE WE LOSE SOLDIERS
If you don't argue against the people, parties, and corporations that stand to profit from engaging in war, and do everything they possibly can to crank up the volume of dissension and CAUSE WAR- how can you hope to minimize or end that death toll?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Level X

Lets reverse that... It's more like.. what proof do we NOT have of America's murderous combat roles...?

Well, if you have proof, then do your patriotic job and turn it into the appropriate authorities.

You can reverse everything I say, it still boils down to one thing

Your just a yapping and can't answer a simple question.

Answer the questions or get out of dodge. I don't have time to play your reverse games.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by jam321]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Soldiers are state sanctioned killers. They are trained to KILL people.

They don't exactly follow the teachings of jesus christ.

Would god differentiate between soldiers who have killed and serial killers?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by satanUK

Maybe not your god but mine isnt such an asshole.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by satanUK

Geez, are you kidding me?
Shall we talk about the Crusades?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

There was just so much in this post i had to quote it so i could remember.
Soldiers wont be defending your rights eh? hmm so i take it your defending your own rights? You must wrack up a TON of travel miles going back and forth from the east, okay okay thats a bit reductio ad absurdum (google it if you dont know) so lets say then its fair to assume your standing up for your rights in your home town. You've defended your gith to free speech? To privacy? Youve taken up a sign, or heaven forbid a weapon in defence of your rights? Thats the thing you people forget about "rights" you dont have the right to "rights" its not something just given to you. They are fought for, men killed for them, "rights" are NOT A RIGHT they are a priveledge in this world and lets not forget how you got them and keep them!!!
If this is an illegal (not proven) and un-constitutional (again) war this is not a crime of the Soldiers, are you familiar at all with the military? By your logic not a single war was legal and constitutional so we must have millions upon millions of criminally guilty Soldiers. No soldier in fact could be non-criminal by your justification, and i wish we could
"twilight zone" you into an episode where all the soldiers are arrested, lets see how well you do.
Finally your cou de gras, the profound statement of "dont wanna be a criminal, dont join a terrorist organization". Perhaps this would be a good time for you to use the internet as a tool, go and research all the clubs and people who have been labeled terrorists and see if your narrow minded ways of thinking stand.
You the kind of person who in their head thinks "im ready man, ill die for this constiution and our laws, bring on an enemy if they are on our soil ill fight em i am ready to die. Whats that? My resistance group is deemed a terrorist organization? But im resisting evil? Ohhh it is you say, one mans opinions have labeled me a terrorists, well geese THATS NOT FAIR!!"

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Yes.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Yep, He would. I get general absolution during wartime; care to hear about our conversion package??

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Level X
Don't think you are Super hero's in Cammo, because you are not ---

I don't think anyone in the military believes this

Originally posted by Level X
you are not making much more than a guy pushing burgers out a Burger King window. Is it worth it??

Well, I think I'm making more than some fry slinger at the local BK, but even if I wasn't, I know my job has a lot more perks then theirs does.

BTW, Level X, you seem to have fallen for the rumor that all US troops are stupid. I have a BS degree, and I'm one of the more "uneducated" ones in my section. I have a kid that's 28 and she's working on her second Masters Degree.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join