It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

before ya'll bash our soldiers

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Is not the sword an extension of the man?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster

Nope, it's just a tool. Same as any other tool wieled physically. The same can be said for propoganda.......just a tool.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Are there levels to your distaste for the military or is it all lumped together in one big mass?

This may come as a shock to you.....

But human beings are capable of living together in peace..

The few 'people' that are running this world are manipulating all the wars, and the 'unenlightened' soldiers ask no questions and follow orders....

It's time for them to STOP playing the 'war game'....

People who choose a 'career' to kill other people is a little sick if you ask me....

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
[ The boots on the groung hyave done nothing to you, or your/our rights.....blame TPTB for that one.

The boots on the ground took an oath to protect my rights.

Thanks for nothing.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall

People who choose a 'career' to kill other people is a little sick if you ask me....

no no no rainfall, it's ok, they are "protecting freedom"

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

Well. That was a nice post, quite preachy.
Didn't answer my questions at all.
Care to try again?
No deflection this time...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Nope, it's just a tool. Same as any other tool wieled physically. The same can be said for propoganda.......just a tool.

correct, the troops are tools.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

i answered.

2nd liner

3rdy

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

I think I heard somebody mention that there is a Pearl Harbor thread...

Do you think they'll welcome us...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Care to try again?

Not gonna happen............I think he's ignoring you. Then again, he'd have to either say non combat troops are o.k., and the ones in harms way are bad, or he hates them both. Seems he's a little too hung up on the military taking "his rights" away. Gee, I don't remember any part of that.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I would like to hear some suggestions, applicable and valid ones, on what should be done. Stating the obvious repeatedly and with venom does no good. Vermonster, Rainfall ? What do you see as needing done and how does it get implemented?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

correct, the troops are tools.

As are propogandists, welcome to toolville. Funny, I thought you might actually have had something to add earlier, seems mindless drivel bent on trolling is the only thing you hope to accomplish.......

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Care to try again?

Not gonna happen............I think he's ignoring you. Then again, he'd have to either say non combat troops are o.k., and the ones in harms way are bad, or he hates them both. Seems he's a little too hung up on the military taking "his rights" away. Gee, I don't remember any part of that.

foolishness is next to dumblyness.

the same hand that takes our rights, leads legions of poppy protectors to battle.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Care to try again?

To answer your question:

There is no difference...a thug is a thug...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
I would like to hear some suggestions, applicable and valid ones, on what should be done. Stating the obvious repeatedly and with venom does no good. Vermonster, Rainfall ? What do you see as needing done and how does it get implemented?

simple.

respect the oath.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

While my troops were off killing for money, these rights were NOT defended.

1st AMENDMENT FREEDOM OF SPEECH
• The Patriot Act broadly expands the official definition of
terrorism, so that many domestic groups that engage in
nonviolent civil disobedience could very well find themselves
labeled as terrorists.
• The Government may now prosecute librarians or keepers
of any other records if they reveal that the government
requested information on their clients or members in the
course of an investigation. It has become a crime for these
individuals to try to safeguard your privacy or to tell you
that you are under investigation.
1st AMENDMENT FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION
• Government agents may now monitor the First Amendmentprotected
activities of religious and political institutions, and
then infiltrate these groups with no suspicion of criminal
activity. This is a return to domestic spying on law-abiding
religious and political groups.
• You may now be the subject of a government investigation
simply because of the political, activist, or advocacy
groups you are involved in, or the statements you make
within these groups.
1st AMENDMENT RIGHT TO ACCESS
GOVERNMENT INFORMATION
• A U.S. Department of Justice directive actively encourages
federal, state, and local officials to resist and/or limit access
to government records through Freedom of Information Act
(FOIA) requests.
• The Government has conducted immigration hearings in
secret behind closed doors. Such proceedings were once
open to the public. Hundreds, if not thousands, of immigrants
have already been deported in secret.
4th AMENDMENT FREEDOM FROM UNREASONABLE
SEARCHES &SEIZURES
• Law Enforcement authorities may now conduct secret searches and wiretaps in your home or office
without showing “probable cause.” They need only to claim that intelligence gathering is “a significant
purpose” of their intrusion, even when the primary goal is ordinary law enforcement. They may also
monitor where and to whom you send and receive e-mail, or where you go on the Internet, recording
every e-mail address and website you have been in contact with.
• Law Enforcement may now demand any personal records held by any source including your doctor,
employer, accountant, or library. All they have to do is claim that it is related to an investigation into
“terrorism.” The record keepers may not reveal that your records were provided to the government.
• Judicial oversight of secret searches has been effectively minimized. The Patriot Act directs judges to
consent to secret searches based only on the Government’s assertion that a “significant” purpose of
an investigation is gathering information related to “terrorism,” as the government defines it.
5th AMENDMENT RIGHT TO DUE PROCESS & FREEDOM FROM BEING
HELD WITHOUT CHARGE
• Americans can now be jailed without a formal charge & without the right to confront the witnesses or
evidence against them. American citizens are now being held in military jails without charge and without
a clear path of appeal for their indefinite confinement.
• Hundreds of Arab, Muslim and South Asian men were rounded up in the Ashcroft raids following
September 11, and held for weeks without charges until all were cleared of terrorism charges
6th AMENDMENT RIGHT TO LEGAL REPRESENTATION
• Hundreds of U.S. residents have been detained for months at a time, and denied access to the advice
and advocacy of an attorney. The Government may now monitor conversations between attorneys &
clients in federal jails.
• The Bush Administration filed papers in court that arguing that an American citizen held in a military
jail without charge should be denied access to legal counsel because such access would interfere with
the process of his interrogation.
6th AMENDMENT RIGHT TO A SPEEDY AND PUBLIC TRIAL
• The U.S. Government may now jail its residents and citizens indefinitely without charge & without a public trial.
8th AMENDMENT FREEDOM FROM CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENTS
• The U.S. Government has taken into custody individuals they identify as “material witnesses,” transported
them across the country, and held them for months in solitary confinement without charge or
contact with their family.
• According to the Justice Department’s own Inspector General, immigrant men rounded up in the
Ashcroft raids following September 11 and held in the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, NY
were subjected to a pattern of “physical and verbal abuse.”
14th AMENDMENT RIGHT TO EQUAL PROTECTION
• Over 82,000 men from Arab, Muslim and South Asian countries registered with the Government
under the Special Registration program. Over 13,000 are now in deportation proceedings. None
have been charged with terrorism.

So much for taking an oath, ceremonial now, like congress.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Some one high up in the military has to DEMAND a real investigation into the treasonous acts of 9-11-01.......

That will open 'pandora's box' but it has to be done in order to move on to a new paradigm..

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Exactly.........It just gets awfully quiet when solutions are requested, and that's okay. It's just a micro example of why, the common folk like ourselves dine on each other while those who manipulate and create the chaos, purchase their way up through the ranks, ending up further away from the mud and the ditches that we all struggle in daily. Until one, and then a group of us, we the basic and simple men and women, realize we're all fodder, and unite against whats done to us, our families and friends, our loved ones..... we are nothing more than complaining broken records entertaining our own egos with our loudly professed self righteousness, and equally entertaining to those who's boots in one form or another press on your dirt covered necks.
There should be no soldiers, ask most anyone who's been a soldier. Yet until there are no more manipulating, chaos addicted, hate filled evil rulers above us commoners commanding our lives with their greed and power.....there will be soliders.
There will be drug lords as long as there are drug addicts and profit.
There will be control freaks as long as they go unchallenged.
There will be evil as long as its allowed to survive.
So I ask again, how does it get fixed?
Stating the obvious for 10 more pages? 30 more threads?
Calling other people names? Acting angry and holding a mini war of words on an internet forum?
Whether you subscribe to Cain and Able, or Enlil and Enki,
Yahweh and Satan or Set and Osiris there have been battles and alliances and killings and good and evil forever.
The odds of this blink of an eye time period in the annals of human history being the first to debate it, criticize and condemn it are zero,
but the odds are 100% that nothing but the repeated foul consumption of each other will take place as once again.....nothing changes.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Yes they were violated. They were not protected. We all were, once again duped and used. How does it stop? What do we do?
Soliders did not do this. Congressmen did.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Yes they were violated. They were not protected. We all were, once again duped and used. How does it stop? What do we do?
Soliders did not do this. Congressmen did.

without the soldiers, they have no power.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Should an investigation be suggested by a high ranking official, that person would be eliminated. The proper procedures are safe guarded and useless. The powers that truly run the world you and I live in operate on an entirely different and unknown level. Your sandbox is in your back yard, their sand boxes are hemispheres.
Now what?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join