It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

before ya'll bash our soldiers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I read a ton of stuff where folks either bash our troops or expect them to be kicking in our doors.

Unh Unh!

Have yall not heard the hell these folks are having? Marriages going to pot? Some of them just walking off bases muttering? These people need our help and our support. I really dont know what to do to help but the least I can do is offer them my hand and say thank you.

I swore that my generation wouldnt do to its soldiers what our parents did to the Nam vets! Defend them as they defend us!

Some of you may have seen this in an email. Its simple but true.

Remember our troops before you vilify or bash.

*MODS: Please move this if its in the wrong spot. Seemed like a good place.
-----------------------------------------------------
TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS,
HE LIVED ALL ALONE,
IN A ONE BEDROOM HOUSE MADE OF
PLASTER AND STONE.

I HAD COME DOWN THE CHIMNEY
WITH PRESENTS TO GIVE,
AND TO SEE JUST WHO
IN THIS HOME DID LIVE.

I LOOKED ALL ABOUT,
A STRANGE SIGHT I DID SEE,
NO TINSEL, NO PRESENTS,
NOT EVEN A TREE.

NO STOCKING BY MANTLE,
JUST BOOTS FILLED WITH SAND,
ON THE WALL HUNG PICTURES
OF FAR DISTANT LANDS.

WITH MEDALS AND BADGES,
AWARDS OF ALL KINDS,
A SOBER THOUGHT
CAME THROUGH MY MIND.

FOR THIS HOUSE WAS DIFFERENT,
IT WAS DARK AND DREARY,
I FOUND THE HOME OF A SOLDIER,
ONCE I COULD SEE CLEARLY.

THE SOLDIER LAY SLEEPING,
SILENT, ALONE,
CURLED UP ON THE FLOOR
IN THIS ONE BEDROOM HOME.

THE FACE WAS SO GENTLE,
THE ROOM IN SUCH DISORDER,
NOT HOW I PICTURED
A UNITED STATES SOLDIER.

WAS THIS THE HERO
OF WHOM I'D JUST READ?
CURLED UP ON A PONCHO,
THE FLOOR FOR A BED?

I REALIZED THE FAMILIES
THAT I SAW THIS NIGHT,
OWED THEIR LIVES TO THESE SOLDIERS
WHO WERE WILLING TO FIGHT.

SOON ROUND THE WORLD,
THE CHILDREN WOULD PLAY,
AND GROWNUPS WOULD CELEBRATE
A BRIGHT CHRISTMAS DAY.

THEY ALL ENJOYED FREEDOM
EACH MONTH OF THE YEAR,
BECAUSE OF THE SOLDIERS,
LIKE THE ONE LYING HERE.

I COULDN'T HELP WONDER
HOW MANY LAY ALONE,
ON A COLD CHRISTMAS EVE
IN A LAND FAR FROM HOME.

THE VERY THOUGHT
BROUGHT A TEAR TO MY EYE,
I DROPPED TO MY KNEES
AND STARTED TO CRY.

THE SOLDIER AWAKENED
AND I HEARD A ROUGH VOICE,
'SANTA DON'T CRY,
THIS LIFE IS MY CHOICE;

I FIGHT FOR FREEDOM,
I DON'T ASK FOR MORE,
MY LIFE IS MY GOD,
MY! COUNTRY, MY CORPS.'

THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER
AND DRIFTED TO SLEEP,
I COULDN'T CONTROL IT,
I CONTINUED TO WEEP.

I KEPT WATCH FOR HOURS,
SO SILENT AND STILL
AND WE BOTH SHIVERED
FROM THE COLD NIGHT'S CHILL.

I DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE
ON THAT COLD, DARK, NIGHT,
THIS GUARDIAN OF HONOR
SO WILLING TO FIGHT.

THEN THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER,
WITH A VOICE SOFT AND PURE,
WHISPERED, 'CARRY ON SANTA,
IT'S CHRISTMAS DAY, ALL IS SECURE.'

ONE LOOK AT MY WATCH,
AND I KNEW HE WAS RIGHT.
'MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIEND,
AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT

+24 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Boo Hoo

I'm not buying it...

After slaughtering over a million innocent people, torturing, maiming and raping countless others......the soldiers are lucky they can sleep at all......

Karma can be b!#ch....

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Nice thread. I liked the Christmas poem. Good touch.

You're absolutely right. Our troops are fighting for reasons that they might not understand completely but in their minds, they're fighting to keep our freedoms alive.

Most people have no clue why wars are fought. We all know wars are fought by the richest men in the world, just to gain more wealth.

Our servicemen/woman are honorable people. (most, anyways, I have seen wretched videos of some dis-honorable people, but that's everywhere.)

That, my friend, is heroic enough for me. Support 'em.

reply to post by rainfall

That's the problem, you see it as the soldiers slaughtering millions?

They are doing their job. Following orders. Doesn't matter what the orders are in warfare. War kills people. Anywhere you look. You can't just take aim at the US. Look around in Africa, and even Russia. Same problems.

Talk about a flame.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by havok]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Your right, Karma can be a b!tch, and hopefully if you ever need a soldier like me to defend your life or your rights thats the moment we all decide to lay down our arms and leave you to fend for yourself

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Oh and i wait for the day that war comes on our home land
your family is killed your brothers your sisters your dog and your cat
Not that I want anyone or anything to be killed
but just so you get the other side of your stance
that innocent people die
and its ok because its war and thats what happens

Wake up its not ok

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by blankduck18
reply to post by havok

Oh and i wait for the day that war comes on our home land
your family is killed your brothers your sisters your dog and your cat
Not that I want anyone or anything to be killed
but just so you get the other side of your stance
that innocent people die
and its ok because its war and thats what happens

Wake up its not ok

Wake up? My friend, I've been to hell and back. Innocent people die everyday because of more than just war. I never said people dying is "ok".
There is no other side, I support those who fight for my freedom. Not those who start the war. It's not the soldiers fault they are put to work in a battle over ego-driven idiots trying to control oil, money, or power.

Thank you very much. Who's side are you on?

Just to add:
Our soldiers swear to an Oath to protect the Constitution, and the Citizens of the USA. If you talk to those people, like I do everyday, you will find that soldiers will protect our country and people before dis-mantling it.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by havok]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blankduck18

And you somehow think we don't realize this? You are so blind, you don't know about the kind of stuff my brethren and I have seen.
You have never seen the war from my perspective and I know that you never will, hardly anyone here on ATS will for a few exceptions.
A war in America would be far far different than the war in Iraq or Afghanistan. 2 completely different cultures, it's like comparing apples to oranges you just can't get away with it.

These anti-war individuals preach peace and accuse us of war atrocities, they don't know anything when it comes to seeing the atrocities of war. There are certain things the media will cover to make a buck, but other things they simply won't because it's "bad for business."

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Please explain what freedom we are fighting for?
It is not our own?
We are free as long as we abide by every law in the book
we are not free lol we have rules we have guidelines we must follow
or you are a bad guy!
Whos side am i on? The side that says war is not the answer
Please explain what this 8 year long war has done for us?
what has been solved in the 8 years we been there.
More death. Death death death
Or the next 3 we will be there for
death death death death
what freedom?
Please explain how this war makes us free

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok

They are doing their job. Following orders. Doesn't matter what the orders are in warfare.

So when the 'order' is given to open fire on the U.S. citizens are you still going to say 'they are just doing their job?'.....

It's time for these brain-dead grunts to start using their own minds and start thinking for themselves.....

It's time to Evolve....

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Darn you posted this 2 seconds before i was

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by blankduck18

I think you are taking my posts out of context.
I am not saying war is the answer. I am saying I understand the fundamentals of war. It happens, just like alot of things we can't control.

Can you wake up everyday and do whatever comes to mind? Yes.
You don't have to obey rules. You choose to.
You don't have to obey the laws. You choose to.

Those choices are freedoms.

If you lived in a country where you couldn't make as much money as you can, buy a decent car and travel the country, etc, I don't think you'd like it.

You or I may not completely understand the reason behind this latest war, but it doesn't matter to me. Because its out of my control.

If our soldiers didn't fight in any wars (i.e, Revolutionary War), this country wouldn't be here.

I know, things are looking bad lately, but keep yer head up.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall

They are doing their job. Following orders. Doesn't matter what the orders are in warfare.

So when the 'order' is given to open fire on the U.S. citizens are you still going to say 'they are just doing their job?'.....

It's time for these brain-dead grunts to start using their own minds and start thinking for themselves.....

It's time to Evolve....

Here we go...

Did you read my last post? They take an Oath to protect us!
Every serviceman/woman I talked to will NOT hold arms on the citizens.

Paranoid...eh?

I'll be back later to finish. Because there are alot of servicemen/women here that I'm sure will be around to add posts soon...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Yup, time to evolve beyond the paranoia of your own. Not everything ends in the shtf with domestic forces opening fire on their own civilians. Paranoia is not healthy for you people, it simply kills the mind and causes further health problems.
You people presume far too much, it really doesn't help your side of things.
You think that we're all brain dead and mindless zombies, wrong again.
This is a job that requires one to think, we receive far more morality training than anyone in the civilian sector even tries.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAFJetTech

Your right, Karma can be a b!tch, and hopefully if you ever need a soldier like me to defend your life or your rights thats the moment we all decide to lay down our arms and leave you to fend for yourself

don't even bother getting mad at them, USAFJetTech...those few minutes are a waste of your time even thinking about it. there are plenty of people out here that are proud of your service...even a old liberal democrat like myself. i had a close buddy that came back from vietnam...he never was the same again. he told me about some 2nd louies going over, and always trying to get their next bar, playing john wayne leading the grunts. he told me you had to survive your own command as well as the cong. damn dirty shame.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe

This is a job that requires one to think, we receive far more morality training than anyone in the civilian sector even tries.

How much training did the USAF have before they helped pull off 9-11??

How come nobody in the military has tried to arrest the Bush/Cheney criminal cabal for the treasonous acts of 9-11-01???

Where were the 'good guys' in the military at when the (un) Patriot Act was passed???

What a bunch of wimps...

Go slaughter some more innocent children and make yourselves feel like 'Big Men.'

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Hahaha, calling us a bunch of wimps now?
It's called we have better oversight of the situation than any civilian conspiracy theorist does.
There is theory on the internet, then there is fact verified by the people who actually investigate this stuff for a living. The only way for anyone to get through the matrix and into the actual areas where this kind of knowledge is common place, not simply an internet forum where anyone can make any load of crap and make fake websites to back up their crap.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
There is a reason I will give my thanks to the troops, and then there is a reason I will take that thanks back.

I thank them for doing the job no one else wants to. Let us be serious...in todays world, there has to be a fighting force for the U.S.

But I take my thanks back because they have no idea what they are truly fighting for. Yes, they are saving us from horrible memories and possibly death, but not to "spread freedom". They allow citizens to live in a life of bliss.

Do not bash our soldiers...whether they know what is going on in the world or not, they are still preventing you from doing the dirty work.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I believe there are around 21 military bases in Florida. The next time you leave your parents' basement, to interact with the grownups in the real world, why don't you find one of them and run your mouth to one of our fine soldiers. Directly to their face, rather than hiding behind your keyboard.

I doubt it. So, who is the "wimp"?

Do me a favor and stop breathing my oxygen.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall

It's time to Evolve....

Brain dead grunts....hmm. You must not know many military or police personally. OUR people will not turn against our citizens. Period.

Individuals, such as yourself, are the reason I posted this. Thanks for proving a point.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by USAFJetTech

Thank you for your service by the way.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join