It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jews back Muslims on minaret ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Jews back Muslims on minaret ban

www.jpost.com

Citing religious discrimination, a diverse coalition of Jewish organizations is objecting to Switzerland's ban of minarets on local mosques.

Swiss voters this week approved by a strong majority a referendum outlawing the construction of minarets. The measure, pushed by the right-wing Swiss People's Party (SVP), was supported by 57 percent of the population.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Swiss leader calls for Jewish cemetery ban
Swiss voters favour minaret ban: exit polls

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
You know before a group in Switzerland decided to push for no Jewish cemeteries this was a non issue. Now all of a sudden it seems that the Jewish community cares.

I linked to two threads I've posted on this situation.

I say the Swiss have a right to remain Swiss.
I'm sorry but the people put it to a vote and the Majority chose a stance against the minarets.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I agree, if that's what the Swiss want then let them have it. However, I don't agree with the ban at all. But you won't see me throwing a fit and telling other people how to live their lives.

If people would stop being so soft I think our world would cooperate a lot more effectively.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The world has been objecting to the ways the Jews have been treating the Palestinians, but do they care? Nope.

No one likes a hypocrite.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
How long before the boycott Switzerland crowd come out?

Anybody out there from Switzerland care to tell us whether this vote will stand or is there a way to dismiss the vote?

BTW, have to agree with Slayer. The Jews backing the Muslim may be because they want to protect their own religious ways.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
who cares about the minarets
who cares about swiss xenophobia

we have a precedence for a little unity here between two groups of people who despise each other

this is good even if it's hypocrisy

the larger picture is more important

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
N/A ...
sorry slayer...you touched on what I was saying, but I didnt see it!!

[edit on 3-12-2009 by benoni]

However, how do you conclude that minarets make Switzerland less Swiss??

[edit on 3-12-2009 by benoni]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I don't find your stance in this issue consistant to your main wave of thoughts. Is it because you want to challenge yourself or do you really believe that the banning of minarets makes them more Swiss?

Do you suppose the banning of Blonds would make Arabs more Arabs? Or the banning of Western architicture make Chinese more Chinese?

oz

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

I don't find your stance in this issue consistant to your main wave of thoughts. Is it because you want to challenge yourself or do you really believe that the banning of minarets makes them more Swiss?

Do you suppose the banning of Blonds would make Arabs more Arabs? Or the banning of Western architicture make Chinese more Chinese?

oz

Hey ooz

I was wondering when you would pop in.
I'll let the OP speak for itself.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Citing religious discrimination, a diverse coalition of Jewish organizations is objecting to Switzerland's ban of minarets on local mosques.

One of the reasons for the successes of the Israelis is that they have allowed the Muslims of their country religious freedoms including mosques and even minarets with prayer callers!

Photo: Israel allows minaret over Temple Mount

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has given permission for Jordan to build a large minaret adjacent to a mosque on the Temple Mount to call Muslims to prayer at the holy site, WND has learned. The minaret will stand at a site on the Mount where rightist Jewish groups had petitioned to build a synagogue.

This is consistent with Israeli Jewish policy and beliefs. Not hypocrites?

[edit on 4/12/09 by plumranch]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
If she asked nicely, Aylisha could build all the castles she wants on my side of the sandbox. But she never asked nicely, instead she started forcing herself to my side and demanding that stuff be built because its her right. Then the pinkos came over to the sandbox and said that the whole sandbox belongs to everyone although I had built my side with my own hands. So thats why I decided to ban Aylisha from my side. Now I am getting attacked from all sides and even Ruth is trying to tell me what I can or cannot do at my side of the sandbox although Ruth and Aylisha normally dont get along.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Israeli jews should get US involved and keep the pressure on along with UN, EU and muslim countries around the world.

How can jews share cemetries with muslims?

The Swiss will eventually give in.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch

One of the reasons for the successes of the Israelis is that they have allowed the Muslims of their country religious freedoms including mosques and even minarets with prayer callers!

This is consistent with Israeli Jewish policy and beliefs. Not hypocrites?

Israel does only that which is necessary to avoid being called out as a nation of racists. Their success is first and foremost at the expense of the Muslim population ( who do not even have the same democratic rights as Israeli Jews). They are the epitome of hypocrisy.

In contrast, Israeli democracy is careful not to talk about the constitutional status of the Arabs within its borders. It has established a devious system of laws and regulations to expropriate from them rights reserved only for Jewish citizens, and even for Jewish non-citizens. The real estate laws are an example of this, as are the actions of the Jewish National Fund and the Jewish Agency, which behave as if the state were only for Jews.
Yitzhak Laor - Ha'aretz: Democracy for Jews only

[edit on 4-12-2009 by fumanchu]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkey
The world has been objecting to the ways the Jews have been treating the Palestinians, but do they care? Nope.

EXACTLY!

And you expect them to share graves with the muslims?

That's like burying gillad shalit next to hasan nasrallah.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
lol, could this unite Jews and Muslims?

Probably not.

It seems Jews don't give a damn about anything unless it happens to them. Not being anti semitic, just pointing out what I've noticed throughout time.

new topics

top topics

join