It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have all gotten in bed with the enemy.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I have just created a thread about SwiftHack/Climategate scandal

The SwiftHack Scandal: What You Need to Know

[edit on 3-12-2009 by December_Rain]

[edit on 3-12-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
America America America..

Yeah, shut it down, coz you yanks are the owners of the world now.

SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO YOURSELF!

blah blah blah me me me...

By the way, if it werent for ATS you'd have nothing to rant about.... Eh?

[edit on 3/12/2009 by Ha`la`tha]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
See what happens when we approach each other with a calm demeanor? We get along...love to see that more often :-p

-Kyo

HA!

the boat is long and the journey vast, it's not likely to meet the same again.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I see General Electric is number FIVE on your list there.

Can someone please verify that General Electrics sponsors or advertises in any of Alex Jones' websites?

I ask because someone said to me a long time ago that Alex Jones' "Infowars" or "Prison Planet" website is sponsored by General Electrics and apparently the CEO of General Electrics is a member of the C.F.R.

Now, this is NOT my opinion, I am a big fan of Alex - I am just bringing a "long-lost-rumor" that I heard to the table in order for that rumor to be supported or debunked. Its a question that has been in my head for a long time.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
GE Money Bank does CHEVRONS credit, so is that counted as 1 ??

CITI bank does all the other gas stations as well....
They are all so intertwined it makes my head spin.....

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Exxon's profit for the year was also the largest annual reported net income in U.S. history, according to Howard Silverblatt, a stock market analyst for Standard & Poor's. He said the previous high was Exxon's $25.3 billion profit in 2004.

www.foxnews.com...

As political heat rises over high oil prices, Exxon Mobil yesterday announced the biggest quarterly profit of any corporation in U.S. history, breaking its own previous record with $11.68 billion in earnings during the second quarter.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Hmmm, it would seem that they have enough money to influence things
and events, and still have enough left over to promote a certain agenda
thats for sure! I am sure they give most of it to charity though!

Good thread! S & F!

Cant wait till you do a health care thread!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
No doubt.. how dare they force you to get credit cards, and spend well beyond your means! Tricky bastages.

Before I got married, when I was younger, I had: No credit cards, awesome credit, used layaway (it's funny to see new Target commercials promoting layaway, as if it's a new, amazing way to buy things), and had 0 debt. Not as debt free now, but I don't blame any corporation for any of my debt. What a crappy cop-out to do that.

But even if you are married, you can completely live within your means, with 0 credit cards. You can invest wisely, and the evil banks can't touch you.

Taking responsibility for one's own actions is a bygone trait. Heavily in debt? Clearly everyone else's fault.

And while I will happily admit that corporations including banks will bleed you dry if you give them a chance, this is capitalism, and has been around since the dawn of time. There are the rare cases were good people who were careful get screwed over. But I'd guess 99 out of 100 Americans are solely at fault for their own debt.

Credit cards are just about legal crime. However, their terms are clearly laid out in the tiny print of those agreements pretty much no one reads. Sign on the dotted line, and you are responsible for entering into an unwise contract.

I know there are greedy people out there. I just wish some people would take some responsibility, instead of blaming everyone but themselves for their debt.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
that 2% of the population's 'mind frame' is the only thing were being exposed too.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

You my friend deserve a $&F! I have stopped spending most of my money on worthless $***(except cigs) but I see the most wasteful spending on junk food here in Iraq. Soldiers think that they can spend all the money they want on junk food and energy drinks and still have cash for when they return to the states, but I know that once we return they will splurge it all on clubs and drinks and cars till they are as broke as they were before coming to Iraq as people in the military dont get enough pay except officers of course.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Great point! War is big bidness!

Indeed, the only legitimate reason we are at war now is to feed
our ever increasing appetite for oil.

To be a conned-sumer is to be a good Americant!
Screw the next generation, we want it all now!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Sometimes we have to remind ourselves if that purchase is a "need" or a "want". Frugality has it's place in a lifestyle. America has wandered into a consumer nation because our investments have been withered by inflation or artificially Fed-manipulated low interest rates. So we say, we might as well spend it, it's not getting any interest. Once we understand inflation is a result of govt. overspending and is NOT a natural product of the economy, we can work to get the Govt. to be more efficient and frugal too. Interest rates shouldn't be manipulated by the Fed either.

I totally agree that we need to look at those that steal us blind and then want to run our lives. We are in greater numbers and if we can lock arms we can beat these robber barrens back to the midevel ages from which they operate.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

You know what I think? (this isn't at you either)

People are way too stinking paranoid...the so called truthers of any CT call us debunkers sheeple but I have seen just as many truthers who swallow the first CT that passes by

CNN just showed a time lapse of icebergs disspearing and I am to understand that the water isn't heating up?

-Kyo
you still don't get it,yes it maybe warming up now, but its a cycle the earth goes through,that's what the scientists were covering up,the earth was hotter in the medieval times,and they fudged the data to make it look as though it was colder then,then it is now.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I gave you a star. Thank you for the post.

Before I go any further, let's just clarify there is nothing wrong with living the good life or having big dreams. I think life should be as grand and awesome and you create it to be.

But... Here's where the problem is, like you mentioned with banks, and credit cards and stuff. The "American dream" has been replaced with debt, like credit cards and bank loans. We are taught that we will probably not make enough money to do the things we want to, so we should run around charging everything, and borrowing money. So, now that $30,000 car now costs perhaps 10 times that much. What do we get out of the deal? Years and years of debt. And a car that isn't anywhere near what it was once worth, once we are through paying for it. And you paid many times its' worth. Who came out ahead? You didn't. What happened to building up and saving for things? Loans and debt should never become a way of life.

And I think you are onto something with the distractions with things like Swine Flu and Terrorism. Terrorism seems like a cover story for an oil war. Swine flu keeps us worried, and we take a shot, with who knows with questionable future consequences. Ok, so what was going on when AIDS was the big scare of the day? I would like to know if AIDS was a distraction?

And let us not forget Big Pharma, crooked doctors and Psychiatrists. "Go ahead folks, it's good to be on drugs. Drugs make you feel better, but please don't read the fine print, just look at our pretty commercials. Look at 'Happy Betsy' on Celebrex. Beautiful colors, beautiful ocean behind her. Isn't she radiant? Again, nothing to see here about the side effects." This is the ultimate distraction. Drugged people don't think as straight, and we might not catch something important. "Now, dammit, I know I'm depressed because the guy on TV said I had this disease called depression. Yup, the shrink confirmed it the other day. I gotta have that pill to help me survive. I don't care about the side effects, because I gotta feel good. Oh shiz, this stuff makes me feel weird, ah, but it's good for me." And, the slime balls make buckets of money at our expense, and they make money off innocent children.

I think one of the keys to solving this problem is to focus what we would want the better world to be like. And focus on doing things to make it a better world. Focus on that. That way the distractions don't become, well, distractions. Noting that we kick from power those who are involved in shady behavior. We can do it, we just gotta keep our eye on the goal.

Troy

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
When the government strong arms banks into making mortgages to poor people who can not repay the loan, when the GSEs dump the bad loans on Wall St. as derivatives, what do you expect to happen? The FED also kept interest rates artificially low. This created the housing bubble which burst. Wall St. put themselves out of business by buying the worthless derivatives. The government decided to accept the moral hazard and dump this all on the taxpayers. So if the government screws up, the taxpayer is out in paying higher taxes.

If government had not been involved, no loans would have been made to people who would not repay them, no GSEs would exist, no worthless derivatives would have been created and sold to Wall St., the banks would not have to be bailed out by the taxpayers, no housing bubble would have been created, if the FED let the market determine interest rates, etc. etc. none of the mess we are in would have happened.

Silly politicians created this mess.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

I haven't forgotten how we bailed out all the big financial institutions so their CEO's could continue making their million dollar salaries and not held accountable.

Joe Smo down the street robs someone for $50.00 and gets thrown in prison for 5 years.

The people heading AIG, Fanny Mae and all the rest of them robbed all of us, the general public for billions and get to continue going to Hawaii every year and buying a new "summer" mansion.

I work with AIG, Zurich and a host of other institutions and if your spreadsheet figures are off by just a few pennies - you hear about it.

Don't kid yourself, the big sh%$s running these organizations know where the money went (right into their pockets).

It's all part of the "big boy" network. A handful of the elite "haves" and "have mores" running the game.

Our entire system of justice sucks big time - but the average sheeple is being kept so busy and so entertained they either don't care or have the emotional stamina to climb out of the enemy's bed.

One person alone cannot make a difference.

If a large enough group of people were to put down that remote, that cell phone, fantasy novel, or Big Mac long enough and banded together in protest, we might have a chance to turn things around.

But, if things are going to be put right, you must first know your enemy and understand that there is strength in numbers.

The choice is up to every person reading this thread.

Pod person or revolutionary.

Service to self or service to others.

We either hang together or die alone.

A great revolution is never the fault of the people, but of the government.
- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

And then, Sir, there is this consideration, that if the abuse be enormous, nature will rise up, and claiming her original rights, overturn a corrupt political system. - Samuel Johnson

Do people demand a really just system? Well, we'll arrange it so that they'll be satisfied with one that's a little less unjust ... They want a revolution, and we'll give them reforms -- lots of reforms; we'll drown them in reforms. Or rather, we'll drown them in promises of reforms, because we'll never give them real ones either!! - DARIO FO, Accidental Death of an Anarchist

A little rebellion now and then is a good thing and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. - THOMAS JEFFERSON, letter to James Madison, Jan. 30, 1787

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Global warming is really happening, in fact every planet in the solar system is warming, the hoax is that "we humans are responsible for it".

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Saying people at ATS are "in bed with the enemy" is a foolish remark, IMO.

I think most people on this website are very well aware of the points you mentioned, OP. Like somone else said, preaching to the choir. Go make this same thread on some other non conspiracy board, maybe your advice will fall upon people who have not considered or cared about this.

But saying that ATS is in bed with the enemy, and Americans specifically, is a dumb move.

We know we are being economically raped and enslaved by the federal reserve and bankers dude. Do something about it, instead of making another pointless thread telling people how badly they are getting screwed. Its old news my friend, and if you have been on ATS for a few months at least then you should be well aware.

Also..its hard to live without the help from stores and super markets. Not everyone is a hillbilly armed to the teeth inside a home made bunker with hydroponic farms and water filtration.

Untill something BIG happens, things are gonna stay this way. Making a thread bi*tching at other members to wake up is pointless, especially on this board. And if you did teach someone on this board something new, then I dont know where they have been at.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mc_squared
Part of the problem as ADVISOR pointed out above is there is too much information and it's become too convoluted. But this is exactly what the NWO propagandists want to happen.

ATS has grown a lot over the years...Every site that gets to a certain size will become more "popular." At a certain threshold, the site starts attracting increasing numbers of...How shall I say it?..."undesirables." But, to keep in the same context that ATS has maintained for this many years, to keep speech as open as the Law & civilized behavior can allow, I think the Three Amigos have done pretty good. Even though they've probably all gone mad from the strain by now!

I guess you might call it one of the Laws of Nature...Then again, you might not.

Yeah, but there are still people around who have some idea on how to separate wheat from chaff. You can probably find some of these people by looking in the Member's List, start near the beginning & kind of work you way through, and compare your findings to names you still see hanging around here from time to time.
Of course, if/when you're looking in the Member's List, pure seniority doesn't count for jack-squat, but it may help by pointing in a forward direction. So it might be good to run a search of Threads & posts authored by certain people you've taken some note of while going through the Member's List. Check out their "track record in content" so to speak. That should help you pick out more wheat & slog through less chaff.

^
|
|--(above the avatar pic)----BTW, the Title of Scholar has to be earned at this website...

People are way too stinking paranoid...the so called truthers of any CT call us debunkers sheeple but I have seen just as many truthers who swallow the first CT that passes by

Yeah, sloughing of naivete is tough at first, but some diligence is required to Deny Ignorance. (Do you like how I slipped that in there, Advisor?
)
Personally, I look at history...It does repeat itself, because the same families of power-mad, greedy megalomaniacs keep trying to build their empires & they keep crumbling down. So, comparing history to current times, I can recognize many of the same patterns of insanity (probably due to inbreeding over centuries).

Leading up to the American Civil "War" (I use that term loosely because Congress couldn't officially declare a war), it was the burgeoning industrialists that couldn't stand the fact that the seceding states had access to free labor & pressed the government hard...Then they had to convince Lincoln to declare Martial Law, when there's no provision in the Constitution that denies the States from seceding in the first place & delegates no authority for the National Government to maintain the Union either.
Similarly, this pattern shows up time & again all the way back to the dawn of human "civilization." It started getting worse when humans figured out how to read & write, so that the "Merchant Class" could actually keep track of how much they'd cheated out of you.
In short, most of humanity's woes can be laid squarely at the feet of bankers & corporatations playing on the natural tendency for greed in governments & people. The evidence is in our own history & in this Information Age, much of it is a matter of Public Record.

Originally posted by mc_squared
But this "new enemy" is exactly what they're manipulating now isn't it? Maybe not in the same context as that quote, but like I said in the OP: Communism, Terrorism, and now Environmentalism. Their methodology just changes with the times.

Well, they change the details to fit with modern times, but it's still basically the same overall strategy. They simply have have to save us from ourselves by building their empires (& watch them eventually crumble) & ruling by oppression, threats & violence, making tremendous wealth for themselves & denying the masses all the while. After all this time, you'd think some of these jerkwads would've thought it'd be nice to change their strategy...Like, teaching us the truth & generally enlightening the whole human race...Naw, that would never work because human social evolution might actually go somewhere; Maybe even unify the whole world population by choice, instead of by force.

All in all, I think, after all this time, people have finally earned the Right to be paranoid...Don't you? And is it really "paranoia" when they really are out to get you (& always have been)?

Originally posted by dnvrliz
GE Money Bank does CHEVRONS credit, so is that counted as 1 ??

CITI bank does all the other gas stations as well....
They are all so intertwined it makes my head spin.....

Yeah, it's all tied together, even if it doesn't make any sense...To an outsider of the organization & even many of the "underlings" on the inside too.

reply to post by StaceyWilson

Hmmm...Your whole post...Sounds like you've got a plan laid out. Any ideas on implementing it?

[edit on 4-12-2009 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Do you really think they would just start giving out these new technologies for free? Even if it is coming from a cleaner more efficient source, they'll still charge us for it. Why do you think those companies such as GE are jumping on the renewable energy bandwagon? Because they know oil will be irrelevant in a few decades. I just don't see that as a possible debunker to the whole climategate scandal. I really don't think they're worried about whichever direction this heads in because either way they win. If we stop thinking global warming is man made so we start consuming oil at full speed again, they win. If we decide to switch to renewable energy's, well that's fine too, they have the money to spend on building new infrastructure for their new venture.

The world would be much better off without money. A society where everyone does their part. The world would continue running as is but without money. People worked because they understood they needed to do their part in society and were content with that. That would be the life.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Its a well thought out post and worthy of praise, but my bigger concern is the further erosion of the Constitution as a result of Copenhagen restrictions for instance. We cannot sacrifice our rights for the promise of safety.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join