It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious Case of Criminal Last Names/My 1st Post

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
About 30 years ago I was looking through the New Dictionary of American Family Names by Elsdon Smith.I happened to glance at a newspaper story about serial killers.Long story short,I discovered that there is a statistical probability that evil people have a last name that means one of the following.
[1] dweller in or near a swamp,marsh,moore,or wasteland.
[2] dweller in a grove of trees or forest
[3] dweller in a deep valleyor hollow.
[4] dweller on barren land that is un-cultivated.

Examples:Richard SPECK:One who came from Speke[brushwood] in Lancashire.
Cheney: One who came from Chenay[oak grove] in France.
Kissinger:One who came from Kissing[swamp] in Germany.
Bush:dweller on uncultivated ground.
Palin:dweller near the marsh or swamp.Sarah's maiden is Heath:wasteland
with low schrubs. [the term "beyond the pale" is related to this meaning.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Another strange aspect of this last name idea is that many of the gunfighters of the Old West have last names

that originate in the West Riding of Yorkshire,which is where many of the battles between the Scots and the English

Crown took place..The battle that the Stewart forces lost [backing Bonnie Prince Charly] resulted in the deportation

of many of the losing side to the American colonies.....So you see where I'm going with this..?

Fighting spirit in the DNA?...Racial Memory...?

BTW..I started a thread like this on the DI forum over 19 months ago...and.it has now has over 19 thousand views...

I was grail on this forum but now prefer to go under the user name cathar....Nobody responded to this thread on this forum so I didn't spend much time here and eventually lost my password....

www.davidicke.com...

PS: I have a new email address and it's too complicated to get a new password under the grail username....
edit on 6-7-2011 by cathar because: incorrect link

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by grail

Just out of interest would that work internationally ? For example I have a friend with the surname 'Marais' - the French translation literally means swamp - should I be giving her a wide berth ?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
My last name is literally "beach". Am I evil?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by slidingdoor
reply to post by grail

Just out of interest would that work internationally ? For example I have a friend with the surname 'Marais' - the French translation literally means swamp - should I be giving her a wide berth ?

"I think that sounds and names carry vibrations within them and linage and ancestral heritage carries a karma of sorts

that repeats itself through future generations.....[ but that doesn't mean a person can't rise above or sink below their ancestral karma." quote Chryosprase of the DI forum....

@ Slidingdoor....I can't say for sure...but if you plan to marry her and have children I'd advise you to check out her family

tree.......Obviously not everyone whose last name is Moore ,Shaw or Palin is a criminal.....but I would be careful

around people with the middle name of Wayne........and Lee is a suspicious name IMO

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
some recent british prime ministers of interest then...

david cameron

tony blair

edward heath

anthony eden

alec douglas-home

edit on 7-7-2011 by justyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
From yesterday's paper>>>>

Tyler Hadley murdered his parents with a hammer & then threw a party while his parents lay dead in another room of their house...Hadley is 17 years old and lives in St. Lucie ..Florida..

Hadley...from Hadda,a personal name + leah...meaning..LEE,,A clearing in a wood,,,,,

almost all names ending in LEY are" wood" names....as in Elmer Wayne Henley..etc..

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Zangara [Italian] Dweller in a mire or in a muddy swamp..
On Feb.15,1933 Gueseppi Zangara attempted to shoot Pres.Franklin Roosevelt in Miami ,Florida..He missed but hit 5 other people,one of whom died.
Lee..a clearing in a wood
Harvey >Carnage worthy
Oswald > Dweller in the eastern forest....
IMO Oswald was a patsey..but he seems to have been involved in some way...
****************************************************************************************************************
John Hinckley...Hinckley means>>Old English>H_nca [a derivation of Hun' >bear-cub+ leah [lee] a clearing in a wood....
Hinckley was the guy who shot Reagen circa 1981....had crush on Jody Foster,etc...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by cathar

@ players in the JKF take down....
Clay Shaw..one who lived by a copse or thicket...en.wikipedia.org...

E.Howard Hunt>>one who hunted wild game,a huntsman.....forum.davidicke.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Unruh:[German] name for a restless or quarrelsome person.
www.ancestry.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Howard Unruh,know as America's 1st mass murderer,killed 13 people in a spree on Sept.5,1948 in New Jersey.
Died in mental hospital in 2009 @ age 88...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I was raised by a man with the last name Beach, he was such an interesting person in his own right. I met him just before he was in his 80's and he found out some interesting facts just before he passed away.

He was contacted by a Lawyer who was making inquiries over a land dispute in South Padre Island off of Galveston, TX. It turns out his father owned a large percentage of the Island and when he died his Aunt took control of the estate and he never was told about it. He said he always wondered why her and her "no-good" son lived so well their entire lives but never did anything. Turns out they cheated him out of his inheritance.

Well, since his father had remarried before he died he had another child, but there was a twist. At the time Bill, that was his name, found out about his father's estate his half-brother was barely 20-years old. His father had a child in his 90's! Seriously! In his last years he moved to Juarez, Mexico, and married a young Mexican girl to care for him. So Bill gave that information to the Lawyer and told him that he relinquished any and all his rightful inheritance to his half-brother. There was a subsequent phone call from the Aunt's side of the family and they were furious that he would meddle in their affairs! LOL

The man, Bill's father, who owned land on South Padre Island was named Sanford S. Beach, even the name sounds like "Sand for Beach" LOL

Of course this was long ago as I was only a teen when he found out and I am now nearing 50-years-old. I do hope that boy in Mexico got the call of a lifetime and discovered that he and his Mom were suddenly "gifted" with such a great reward. I am sure the Aunt's estate included portions of the original estate which would have then gone to him.

Bill Beach once told me a story when he was 10-years-old living just within the Border of Mexico somewhere near Chihuahua, that Pancho Villa came through with his troops and as often were received and fed by the locals. Pancho went up to Bill and asked him personally for his burro, a pet that Bill was attached to; Bill didn't want to let him have him and Pancho told him that he would only use him for a season but promised to return him. Bill said that following season Pancho return and sure enough he was given back his pet burro. He said he always had the deepest respect for him from that day forward. What a fascinating thing to be able to share with someone as I was captivated by his stories of the old west and how things used to be!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Not to scare anyone that might know me personally but my original last name on my birth certificate was "Woods" in a different language. (I won't divulge in case they find out who I am)

I have subsequently changed my last name legally and my new name means two names together in parts "Moor" and "Shelter", so I assume that means I am likely to be a "caretaker" to a property that houses those in need! I do hope by taking on a new last name that the old last name has no validity and the new one becomes the energy.

Although I have probably been considered a criminal to some! LOL

I can verify that my biological father (original last name) is a criminal and thief as well as the biggest "bull-S'r" and liar you could meet! He was involved in an armored car robbery and also committed theft of which he was arrested while working as a manager of a really big grocery chain! He was not too bright! He worked his way to the top so he could steal.

Such is my Blood! I wash myself of that name!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Oh so it is a last name in english too? By using " I meant that it literally translates to Beach. First time I've heard it as an english last name.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
@ greensage...interesting story..thanks for sharing....
************************************************************************************************************

en.wikipedia.org...

here is info about a family of criminals that spanned generations.....

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Brisbane ,Australia

Brisbane [Eng,Scot]..nickname for the official torturer who broke bones,,

page 60,,,New Dictionary of American Family Names...by Elsdon C. Smith

I'm not making this stufff up....

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Haha, that's funny. Although I thought you were going to list serial killer names, not politicians.

That reminds me of America's first serial killer Herman Webster Mudgett. I always thought that a name like Mudgett was fitting for a serial killer. Can you look up what that name means in your dictionary?

Speaking of Beach as a last name. it would be interesting if a woman's name was Virginia Beach. Makes sense because Virginia can be a first name, hehe.

edit on 10/8/2011 by Xaberz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
My last name is literally "beach". Am I evil?

Mind is "one who brewed beer."

Darnit! I get to brew it but kNot drink it!

Now to find a gyrl with a last name that means "one who drinks beer."

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Mine means the fifth. I could drink a fifth right now, logged too many ATS hours haha!

Well all my children's first names are messenger or gift from God and that's cool...my first name means beloved (HAR HAR) and that's BS! If I was "beloved" well I wouldn't have been tortured my entire life. Oh I am glad I chose those first names cause their last means "coward" "bad" "sad" or "weak".

edit on 9-10-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaberz
Haha, that's funny. Although I thought you were going to list serial killer names, not politicians.

That reminds me of America's first serial killer Herman Webster Mudgett. I always thought that a name like Mudgett was fitting for a serial killer. Can you look up what that name means in your dictionary?

Herman Mudgett is covered on page #1 of the original thread on the DI forum....post #8...just click this link>>>

forum.davidicke.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The Poiriers - meaning "pear tree" - our viking ancestors, of Rollo's blood, settled in Rouen, Normandy, who founded The Duchy of Normandy in, 911 A.D.

I have a scroll that says we held a family seat on the Council.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join