It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here it is..... My First Post. [HOAX]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
If the OP is legit - and this is just hypothetically - why would you risk getting federal charges for what you have shown us here in this thread? Which includes a tidbit of knowledge about what you do, no sensitive information, and a very short video of a monitor with a program that anyone with time on their hands can pull together very quickly... Doesn't make sense.

If you were going to be a whistleblower then why not build up some information, something 'juicy' so to speak, compile a nice story and background, then post it? That would be much more effective than doing what you did - which is giving us very little to go on.

If this guy is legit, I really hope he realizes that he can easily be tracked by his home IP address, or his mobile phone if he uses the internet on it...

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LenGXV6

If that is his purpose, he might've not thought it very far, as now there is real chance that he will get banned - and also, not so very nice way to start ATS career with a hoax, eats lot of credibility and also tells a lot about the person.

If this will be proven as a hoax, I truly hope he will get an eternal ban

-v

[edit on 2-12-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
lol ... why would someone waste their time creating a software to create a hoax in this board

really, u guys really think you are so important to some random guy create a software ...

its not that easy to create something like that ... it would take a lot of time ... and it wouldnt be wort it cause there are always some people to say its a hoax no matter what

lol

weird is that after 10 posts, appears 5 guys posting like crazy that this is a hoax, but really, if this is a hoax doesnt matter, everybody knows that the government watches the web ... so really ...why the anger?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

Your opinion justifies a hoax?!
Some how you managed to divulge that he lives in his basement with mom and dad? Do you have any evidence? Pics or it didn't happen. Are people who live in basements more inclined to hoax? Nothing left to do but inject insults and make judgments. Lame.

I'm not saying that I believe his claims, however if (as he claims) his dept is facing layoffs, that can push people to do things that may result in termination or make judgments that are not best for their career. Open a newspaper and not a comic book.

Batman and Joker?! All I can think of is The Simpsons comic book guy.

Or is that a bunch of codswallop, skulduggery or balderdash?!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

I am very curious "mckyle", as to just how a formerspook writes, and how you would be privy to this ?

Are they not merely "people" who speak or write like anyone else ?

Is there a distinctive form of language for "spooks", that is a prerequisite for writing or speaking, in order to address this particular issue, as well as other subjects that may be of concern to the general public ?
Or are "they "prone to this manner of speak you allude to ?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
another thing

if the guy created a software just to get flags .. well, flag him .. it took a lot of time either way

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Why flag him if this proves to be a hoax - and it is looking more and more like a hoax.

Why feed his ambition

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Th0r
Video doesn't really provide much information, a quiet dark room. no back ground noise, no light, surely it can't be an office building.

How do you know the room is darkened? The black that you can see outside the application looks like the desktop background, it's not the edge of the screen as far as I can tell. Anyone familiar with Windows Vista or Windows 7 will recognise the window design that this computer is using.

Dunno if it's real or not, but anyone with knowledge in programming could build a piece of software like this pretty easily. The commands look pretty simple - my older bro is a programmer.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky
reply to post by mckyle

...Your opinion justifies a hoax?!

No, common sense indicates this is a hoax, and a pretty poor one at that?

... Are people who live in basements more inclined to hoax?

People who live in basements are inclined to do a lot of weird things.

Who are you anyway? The OP's big brother? Or perhaps the legend himself?

You seem rather sensitive about my posts. Hmm. Interesting!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
reply to post by mckyle

I am very curious "mckyle", as to just how a formerspook writes, and how you would be privy to this ?

Critical thinking is an art in some ways. There may be many styles and interpretations, but they all share a commonality.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I am completely unable to download the video. Can someone please download it and U2U me so I can be emailed a copy? I'd greatly appreciate it!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by formerspook

I've scanned through the posts in this thread, and maybe I missed someone else asking the question, but you said you found THIS site while at work...

What thread were you reviewing?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by formerspook

I've scanned through the posts in this thread, and maybe I missed someone else asking the question, but you said you found THIS site while at work...

What thread were you reviewing?

Yours

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
lol ... why would someone waste their time creating a software to create a hoax in this board

really, u guys really think you are so important to some random guy create a software ...

its not that easy to create something like that ... it would take a lot of time ... and it wouldnt be wort it cause there are always some people to say its a hoax no matter what

lol

weird is that after 10 posts, appears 5 guys posting like crazy that this is a hoax, but really, if this is a hoax doesnt matter, everybody knows that the government watches the web ... so really ...why the anger?

Rubbish mate. I could run a program like that up in about 10 minutes using nothing more than MS Excel running a macro with some well placed graphics. I did it at work a while back as a joke. I made a replica of one of the pieces of software we use, except whatever button the person pressed, it threatened to "Format the hard drive" and then displayed a completely black screen. It was harmless, but funny to see my co-workers panic for a second. I believe it's still doing the rounds within the organisation I work for.

I am calling a hoax on this one too.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle

reply to post by mckyle

Who am I? You should know. Cant you filter my words with your common sense and come up with the answer? Can't you tell that I live in a 3 bedroom house with no dishwasher?
People in general do weird things last time I checked.
I like how I intrigue you now. Now in your head I am th OP.
I love it.

Back to the comics for you!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
you guys are making too much a big deal out of this.

Ever watch enemy of the state?

they have had these programs since information could be recorded or monitored.

when the OP is mentioning is probably a small portion of whats really being done. its probably where the crap information that gets sifted through, and that the good hits, are sent to other more secure facilities.

OP also said he works in a 2 story building. i don't think they are incredibly serious about security if he was able to get a 30 second clip. either he is James bond, r got lucky, or is lying.

But all this monitoring has been happening for a while. just imagine back in 1980 they had the capability to screen calls for key words such as bomb, nuke, etc, just imagine what their capabilities are now.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
You Stated:

"They keep what we can and can't see very secret. We basically can see the one URL in one window at a time and nothing more. What others rated a site can not even be seen by us. We usually forget what we rate a site as well so we can't discuss it outside of work as we see thousands a day and are expected to rate a quota of sites per day."

In the video, it LOOKS like on the bottom left, you scrolled over something that stated the site was deemed safe already, so this would conflict the above comment..

Correct me if im wrong

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle

reply to post by mckyle

Who am I? You should know. Cant you filter my words with your common sense and come up with the answer? Can't you tell that I live in a 3 bedroom house with no dishwasher?
People in general do weird things last time I checked.
I like how I intrigue you now. Now in your head I am th OP.
I love it.

Back to the comics for you!

Why would I want to go back to reading comics, when you and the OP, are giving me such a good chuckle??

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Interesting that only a few other spooks showed up in defense.
You are easy to spot. I wish I had clearance to divulge your names.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Ahum...

...I don't want to spoil anything for the enthusiasts and believers on this guy..

...but that is a Parental Control software. You make up a list, and after that he will show up each one and you have to label it, if "safe for viewing" or not.

The review stuff is about "how safe" the content is.

For example, a website can talk about sex, but it can be educational for kids, so instead of being "unsafe", it just needs "further review".

And I'm with most of you guys... There is nothing new to what he said. And honestly, I think the governaments have much more effective ways of spying than what he told.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join