It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

usa will rule space!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kogigaiden
"I would think that the military would want it to be more accurate then a 25 foot radius though." thats plenty accurate considering the blast radius of their bombs are around 900 ft!

i read an article in popular mechanics about gyro planes....they can lift 2,000,000lb, just think of the military aplications! they could drop an entire army onto a country. space bombers could bomb the country then a half dozen gyro planes come through and drop thousands of troops and tanks! for the invasion...they are making it just too easy for us.....

hey i just bought the new popular mechanics magazine,,and them gyro planes you mentioned are freaking great!!! the invasion method you described is very possible,,,they are making it to easy for you guys,,,

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Why does America spend so much on its weapons if they can help the world? All that money called support ethiopia.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Iam with you guys!!! Uk,Russia,China send me funds and ill take over america and make it a dictatorship.........................................F*#k off America could own all of your &%$$^$#

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Warhappy
Iam with you guys!!! Uk,Russia,China send me funds and ill take over america and make it a dictatorship.........................................F*#k off America could own all of your &%$$^$#

great
ladies and gentlemen of the united kindom THIS is the mind of your allies
i personally feel so safe being thier allies im now off to hide in my underground bunker bye
seriosly why do u americans want to rule the world i mean at least russia and that had a reason but u guys cant even come up with a reason

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hard Red
The point to remember is Star Wars was never really canned...funding was stopped...temporarily. I say temporarily because The U.S. hunt for total dominance is unwavering...President Bush himself reaffirmed the United States stance on further space exploration in these past six months or so. Orbital stations and satellites are not out of the reach of the United States. When the Hubble Telescope was first built and sent up, it had a flaw in the lens...that flaw screwed up the Hubble and we put I dunno how many hundreds of millions into fixing it. Don't think for one minute that we are not willing to create Orbitally located/and/or controlled WMD's...in the race to make nukes, although Germany started to work on it, we perfected it and deployed two of them with extreme prejudice on Japan even after they expressed their willingness to surrender to the Potsdam Proclamation. I Don't like to say this much, but when it has to be said, it has to be said...The U.S. gets off on making examples of other people. It's in other nature...mess with the bull, you get the horns...bomb a little island off the coast of Hawaii, we muder hundreds of thousands of your people with two bombs...The U.S. is a nation of evil MacGuyver's! we can take an atom, split it and destroy nations...we did it first we did it best...and I hope everyone who reads this doesnt think im a kill happy type of guy...i hope you get the point of what im trying to say...that the U.S. WILL DO ANYTHING TO MAKE BIG BOOM COME OUT OF LITTLE BOMB FOR THE SAKE OF HAPPY BLISSFUL NATION.

Whether or not that means orbital space stations, underwater weapons Bays (Which I think are also a reality) or come what may. I don't want to hear anyone say the U.S. wont stoop to this or The U.S. bow so low or the U.S. would never this or The U.S. would never that. The philosophy of our nations military is never to engage in a fair fight if it can be helped...The U.S. military philosophy is in a nutshell to strike first, strike hard, strike best. I've heard many an enlisted man and officer alike tell me about how our nations military will never do anything even remotely resembling a fair fight if it can be helped. We like to be sneaky. When we bombed Hiroshima and nagasaki, the Japanese saw our planes they thought we were from the relief efforts...that we were gonna drop supplies. All we supplied them with is mass death in a hundred vibrant colors. The next time you think the U.S. won't do something because they go so low as russian said or because it wouldn't be a viable course of action, take a look at the picture attached and think again. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were two cities that had ONLY woman and children in it...their men were off fighting in the war. Japan knew that. We knew that also in the form of intercepted radio messages they sent to russia, urging them to tell the U.S. that they (Japan) was willing to surrender. When is the mass murder of innocent women and choldren ever a viable course of action? But the U.S. still did it. The U.S. will put weapons in space, underwater, launch ICBM's...hell, they'll even sprinkle fairy dust on the enemy if they knew it would kill them quick and with minimal engagement! Take a look at the picture...is that a picture that tells you The U.S. has a can't do or won't do attitude...I don't think so.

Kudos, Kudos, Kudos! I completely agree with your post!

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Thank you, Dirtbag Howie

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

great
ladies and gentlemen of the united kindom THIS is the mind of your allies
i personally feel so safe being thier allies im now off to hide in my underground bunker bye
seriosly why do u americans want to rule the world i mean at least russia and that had a reason but u guys cant even come up with a reason

Dude - America doesn't want to "rule the world", we want to be able to live in it without fearing a Communistic USSR, or some Islamic wack job. Thus, we have the means to get our results. In short, we spend so much time and so much energy and so much money on our military because after 200 years of watching you guys over in Europe, we realized that we needed to be able to defend ourselves and our national intrests from any and all threats. You guys better be happy you are our ally, because if you weren't you'd be speaking German or Russian right now.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
dude sorry about pun
just angers me so much that some americans think that the USA should rule the world
frankly i dont mind americans guys build some good planes and such but some of u guys like some people here are NEDS
we should be bothering about putting weapons in space facing outward not inward

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
dude sorry about pun
just angers me so much that some americans think that the USA should rule the world
frankly i dont mind americans guys build some good planes and such but some of u guys like some people here are NEDS
we should be bothering about putting weapons in space facing outward not inward

You have a point there, and I believe the majority of Americans DO NOT want to rule the world.

As for the weapons facing outward - I'm sure that it has been taken into consideration

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
American Mad Man, I agree...however I do believe, as far as military might goes, that we have it within our ability to conquer the world. That scares the hell outta the world because it's human nature to not like it when only one world power has what it takes to complete level any and all enemies come what may.

Yet on the other hand still, I'm inclined to say tough s**t and live with it to the rest of the world...Everyone knows that if a massive superweapon destroyed the entire United States, the entire world would suffer grave economic and personal loss...and I guarantee you that if the U.S. were the first to go down by that hypothetical superweapon, that the rest of the world would say..."The U.S. is gone...what chance DO WE have now if the most powerful nation has been destroyed?"

www.trumanlibrary.org...

If the U.S. were turned into this I guarantee you the world would have a collective gasp in fear and bow to the world power that did it!

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by Hard Red]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
the power/profit motive has accomplished alot in our history - there is no need to be ashamed of it

where would we be without mans greed - embrace it

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
well actually i dont think the world would be quite that bad
also i u think the USA can take the world ur gravely mistaken
u may be the most powerful force in the world but NO country thats right NO country can take the world, you dont have the man power or the supplies for a war against the world
mabye against 1 or 2 mabye even 4 countries but not 6 continents
BUT america isnt some 1 time wonder this is thier time of glory and they should embrace every country will gets its glory time just u wait.
america needs us as much as we need them

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

American Mad Man, I agree...however I do believe, as far as military might goes, that we have it within our ability to conquer the world. That scares the hell outta the world because it's human nature to not like it when only one world power has what it takes to complete level any and all enemies come what may.

The US CAN NOT conquer the world. We are few in number (only 300 million people), and cannot stumache heavy loss (see Iraq - 800 dead. Imagine the US invading, say, Russia and taking 50k KIAs the first week).

Yet on the other hand still, I'm inclined to say tough s**t and live with it to the rest of the world...Everyone knows that if a massive superweapon destroyed the entire United States, the entire world would suffer grave economic and personal loss...and I guarantee you that if the U.S. were the first to go down by that hypothetical superweapon, that the rest of the world would say..."The U.S. is gone...what chance DO WE have now if the most powerful nation has been destroyed?"

You are correct in your view of "screw it." For all of our misteps, we are the first good modern superpower the world has seen. We don't have a dictator killing millions of his own people, and we (the public and government) for the most part truely does want to do the "right" thing.

Devilwasp is right here - we (USA) could take maybe 1 continent if we are lucky. Thats more then any other country could do, but sure as hell isn't the world.

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by American Mad Man]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
What if i told you that The Usa will be destroyed in the next 10-40 years then what??????

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

What if i told you that The Usa will be destroyed in the next 10-40 years then what??????

I'd say the rest of the world is coming with us

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

I'd say the rest of the world is coming with us

haha, got that right

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
well the united states of america will push its weight around cause it can. look at the school bully,,he is bigger meaner and stronger..but he cant take on the whole school!!!!! yet he does as he wishes with the other kids couse they are all afraid of testing his wrath,,so you see one can rule by fear .....its a great weapon.

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by wararts]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It will be like how spain ruled the Americas to start with.

The USA will control space but gradually as other nations start to launch into space, and the USA become too complacant, and possibly natural events take their course. The USA will not dominate forever. No-one ever has and no-one ever will.

I love it how americans seem to want to rule the world, and seem to think that their power is infinate. I think their desire for power is an attemp to compensate in other areas that are lacking... but i just hope to live to see the day when their power crumbles and the world can finally rejoice...

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by specialasianX]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Progress through conflict - something worth having is something worth fighting for.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   

NO country thats right NO country can take the world

Maybe true but is that what a country/individual would choose in real life. I was watching a game of poker on TV the other day and the fella described his strategy which i think will be a useful analogy. He said if he isnt stealing from someone else someone will be stealing from him. It would be irrational for countries and individuals not to exploit opportunities because someone else will just take them.

Some ethical theories suggest that self interest is the foundation of morality. To a certain extent the dominant power wont neccessarily decide to shaft everyone else sideways for self benefit - maybe not the case in dictatoral superpowers whereby individual utility is dictated. I dont think its the goal of capitalism to impose itself on the rest of the world. Its a world of survival of the fittest - there is no rational alternative

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by Vanguard]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join