It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blondes are becoming extinct.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I always thought red was the more rare hair colour?

Ahh its a recessive gene, that makes sense! I spent years wondering how both my parents had dark brown hair and I came out blonde. Its a pretty awful hair colour to have actually... I spent the last 8/9 years dying it brown because naturally it just didnt look very nice. Only recently decided to go back to blonde because when my roots came through it kind of looked like I was going bald... not a good look.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I always thought red hair was created when the Norse and the Irish mixed genes, because I think thats the first time it came up in history

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wallachian
Ok, first of all, blondes aren't going anywhere. This rumour of their coming extinction has been around for a long time and it's a hoax.

Also the blond gene being recessive doesn't mean that a blonde and a brunette will necessarily produce a brunette child and that's why blondes are disappearing. Actually, two people with brown hair can have a blonde child if they both carry the recessive allele. Like in my case, my parents have brown and black hair, and i have dark blonde hair.

Oh and finally, why in the world would anyone conspire to exterminate blondes?

Yep, totally agree. It's impossible for the blond, light eyes and skin trait to ever die out as long as the genes are being passed down those traits will still pop up in the families everywhere. There is a lot about genes we simply have not uncovered yet. I've been finding an increasing number of these interesting cases like these:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

<< 2  3  4   >>

join