It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blondes are becoming extinct.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
Blond hair blue eyes are both a recessive gene.. when these people mate with dark haired eyed partners that gene loses out...

Actually not always. I have blue black hair. (Actually most of it is grey now and has been since my early 20's.) but I also have brown eyes. My ex hubby had blond hair and hazel eyes. Three of my children had blond hair and blue eyes until they hit puberty. Within a year of the hormone changes all three had their hair turn sandy blond and their eyes all turned green. Only my youngest has black hair and brown eyes. So I guess my dark hair and eyes were the recessive gene in my case. (since I gave birth to them lol)

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Ok, first of all, blondes aren't going anywhere. This rumour of their coming extinction has been around for a long time and it's a hoax.

Also the blond gene being recessive doesn't mean that a blonde and a brunette will necessarily produce a brunette child and that's why blondes are disappearing. Actually, two people with brown hair can have a blonde child if they both carry the recessive allele. Like in my case, my parents have brown and black hair, and i have dark blonde hair.

Oh and finally, why in the world would anyone conspire to exterminate blondes?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by rhiannonslair

A really strange way nature works.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

Yes Nature does work in strange ways.
Whenever I question nature, I take a look at the platypus and realize Nature has a wonderful sense of humor and that not everything has to make sense.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

Blondes aren't extinct.
Just ask Ms. Clairol

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wallachian why in the world would anyone conspire to exterminate blondes?

Some possibly think Blondes are aliens:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Oh, c'mon, in my mom's genetic branch the blue eyes are strongest than hazel. Both her and my aunt have hazel eyes. My dad have deep blue and my uncle a very light green. My cousin and me had greyish blue eyes, the exact colour.
In hair, mom's a brunette, my dad's hair was (when he had it, he's bald like a football now) very black. Mine is chestnut brown with silver strokes (and i'm in the middle of my 20's
this is unfair!) I used to dye it red for that reason but not anymore, i like to be a brunette... with silver hairs

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

Finally somebody with some sense!

This is simply bad science. The way genes work is unpredictable and sometimes strange things happen. Both of my biological parents and my brother have dark hair and blue eyes, but I have blond hair and green eyes. Strange things can happen. There are even stories of black couples giving birth to a white baby, because somewhere along the line they had a white ancestor.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Same here, genes are funny. I was the only kid my parents had with black hair at birth even though both have black hair. Only 1 of bros turned into having black hair later.

So genes are funny, and you may find your relatives are alot more similiar to you than your parents etc....

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
Yeyyyyyyyyy

Give the reds a chance

Pffffft!! If that's your pic I seriously doubt I or any other blonde is a threat!!
You're gorgeous!! lol

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'll worry when hair becomes extinct. I so don't look good bald.

Recessive genes and climate maybe? Doesn't climate have something to do with people's coloring? Just some random thing I remembered.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'll worry when hair becomes extinct. I so don't look good bald.

Recessive genes and climate maybe? Doesn't climate have something to do with people's coloring? Just some random thing I remembered.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyDawn

You would be surprised!! Men love the blonde ladies, my friend always got the guys, however I WAS going through a goth uni student phase at the time..... Ohhhhhh The horror

Yeah thats me, but i scare guys off as soon as i mention im a christian, have my own business, and talk about geology and physics

Luckily for me, my other half is partially deaf lol

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
AHHHHHHHH! I'm endangered!?!?!

Alright, time to save my haircolor!

Come on ladies, who want's to make some lil' toe heads with me?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Fine! If nobody else will say it I will, this thread is pointless and I don't know what in the bloody hell has happened to ATS.

Our men and women are overseas, they are dying. Our country is in times of economic hardship and civil unrest. Our financial system and market are crumbling under our feet....and you write about blondes being mythical creatures?

Another thread like this and my time with ATS is done.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by NewWorldDisorder]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldDisorder

Shhhhhhh!

Can't you see I'm trying to get a date here? ;P

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by redmage

It would be weird to date an ATS chick. Either she would be a super genius and you would have amazing conversation all night, or she would be running to the bathroom every 5 minutes to polish her tin hat.

Anyway, I'm going to go out on a racist limb here and suggest tin hat...after all this is a blonde thread.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Actually the way genes work is very predictable withing certain perameters.

As to a conspiracy to exterminate Blondes....
it goes much deeper than that. It is the plan to exterminate White People.

Consider the immigration law of 1965 which pretty much closed the door on white European folk and opened it Wide for dark colored folk from 3rd world countries.
And then consider all the racially mixed couples on your favorite TV shows.
And all those shows which depict the villian as a white guy and the hero as a black guy.
Racially mixed people will have lost the special talents inherent in the races of their parents. This has been demonstrated in dogs where dogs with different talents were bred together, such as hunting dogs with herding dogs. The resulting progeny were not good at either.

It behooves you to be true to your own race.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Personally, I'm hoping for the amazing conversation all night long option (between sessions of making new lil' toe heads, of course).

One other little tip...

There's only one race... the human race.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

Shhhhhhh!

Can't you see I'm trying to get a date here? ;P

A date?? I thought you were trying to get laid!!

Unfortunately I prefer dark haired men... lol

And what's wrong with a little levity in today's world ???
Lighten up just a little before you stroke please!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join