It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I don't shop at WalMart!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by HotSauce

MORE IMPORTANTLY DISCIPLINE!

Perseverance and discipline are not mutually exclusive.

Agreed.

Discipline is a very important ingredient to success.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

So you all in this thread can take your poor me attitude and SHOVE IT!

Wow.

And all of this time I thought that you didn't have very good people skills.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
i'm concerned abt the attitude in this thread. sorry, no. this is not a level of discussion.
prejudice, judgements and assumptions never help... it is obvious, which kind of world capitalism and globalisation created... and the breakdown is neigh...

no coppers left

best,
bertrand

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Walmart has a great selection and decent prices. I dont give a sh*t what the name of the store is, if it has those two things.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Mr Mask

No you're just the type of hypocrite that will excuse laziness, ignorance, irresponsibility, drug use, as long as it fits your mold of people. Rich, white elitist scum don't happen to fit your mold.

Maybe...or-

Perhaps your bigoted small mind has lead you to thinking the OP was addressing "laziness, ignorance, irresponsibility, drug use" where he was actually just making a shallow statement on people's choice of dress.

As for "you" being "elite scum"...no no no Sir...I never said that...I said you were "proto-elite-scum"...meaning, you "try" to be above "lesser folk" but fail in coming off as...yknow..."intolerant of people's freedoms and choices".

Do I support the bad fabrics of humanity? No...do I point to them and attach them to every little "stupid post" I make? No sir...I do not look at a post on "people dress badly at walmart" and bend it to be evidence of my "hate" towards dysfunctional "types"

You do that...meaning, you have an agenda.

Any races you also hate?

How about religions and philosophies?

Anyone need to worry about you becoming a radical in a radical anti-something group?

I mean...you seem very "ready" to share your thoughts on certain "people" when such a debate was not even in place to begin with.

Like I said...agenda...boo.

I guess if there is one type of person I would HATE to meet at Walmart...it would be degenerate scumbags who look down on me for my clothing and then try to say I am a product/supporter of laziness, ignorance, irresponsibility and drug use.

Can you imagine what kind of total-loon would even begin to suggest such things over my choice of garb?

Yeah...get outside more...start doing work with people to better the world around you. A few hours a week isn't much...

Hey..if you do that...Maybe I wont assume you to be "lazy" or a "tumorous bigot doing nothing but growing fat on your ideas of supremacy over your fellow man".

Cancer grows in a working body, Until it destroys the host.

Peace...you super awesome person, you.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Mr Mask]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Yeah...it is always funny when the "type of human we need to remove from our world" thinks he/she is the type of person that "belongs here" more then the rest.

People's skills, indeed.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The OP just doesn't want to be put on this website, right? Am I correct in my assumption??? Well, take those photos as a what not to do advisor, then you'll be OK. Oh if you mean looking at those people, hell go to a beach sometime if you think that's bad!!!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Mr Mask

haha yeah "titties and beer make me happy" and "shut the # up you #ing #" t-shirts are really an expression of individuality. Please!

Some of you are the biggest bunch of hypocrites. You'll sit there foaming at the mouth all day screaming at the rich elitist scum on WallStreet yet sit back and excuse the lazy, obese, drug using lower classes because "it's not their fault, they are just poor and unlucky". Yeah it's poor and unlucky to be spread your legs and have 5 kids by the time your 25. No wonder America is so screwed up. Every feels sorry for everyone else. No one is held to any expectations. Except the middle class.

Would it make you all feel better if I put up pictures of Tim Geithner and Barack Obama? As if all the countries problems are a result of Wallstreet and liberal presidents. LOL.

OKAY I am officially offended, I am poor and have to shop at wal mart and I also worked there, but I am not lazy nor fat nor a drug user or alcoholic, not a redneck, of course you won't see me get caught like the people in those pics because I know how to dress on low budget and still look fine, my mother is very well off and she also shops at wal mart in this economy I see more and more middle class shopping there as well. You have no idea what you're talking about, what about single mothers who bust their A*** and can't make enough to live off of how about two working parents getting by by the skin of their teeth working their a*** off all the time, getting paid slave wages???? No nobody like that exists in this America right? Are you F***** kidding me, boy watch out, KARMA is a real BIG B***** hope it don't bite you on the A*** anytime soon, or maybe I DO!!!!!!
OH BTW I have three children, unlike brothahs and sistah's I can't get help, but you wouldn't know about the unfairness of a system who'd give MY hard earned TAXES to minorities whom have NEVER Worked, would you? Nooooooooooo.....it's always the poor person's fault right? Just because You feel better saying that right????

[edit on 27-11-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I just think it shows a certain something about someone who feels any sort of need or justification about laughing at someone else.

It reminds me of grade school when the kids picked on the fat kids.

Or the handicapped kids.

Or the menatally retarded kids.

Or the kid that got burned in a bad accident.

Me. I was badly burned when I was 2 years old. I have become a disabled adult from a car accident a few years ago that was not my fault.

I work for a living, I make enough money to be comfortable. I do not feel the need to elevate myself above any group, because you know what? We are all human beings, that makes us all the same.

Like it or not.

When you single out a group of people, or a stereotype, you do it to somehow elevate yourself.

In reality, you are only exposing your insecurities.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

reply to post by ThaLoccster

Actually your examples of Capitalism are terrible. MCI, SWBell, and AT&T got heaps and heaps of government bailouts and tax breaks. So they are not the best examples. Also there is nothing wrong with capitalism but when a company like Walmart or Nike blatantly breaks the law and uses slave labor to make their bottomline that's not capitalism. For capitalism to function properly capitalists have to be accountable, honest, and operate with some sense of integrity.

NIKE and WAL MART aren't the only companies that do this, every single american company does this period!!!! WAKE TF UP!!!!!! Ford does this, GMC does this... Sprint, Verizon....Time Warner you name it they alllllllllllllll do it get your head out of your A****!!!!! PLEASE for GOD'S sake!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
People are people. Never judge a book by it's cover. If your intuition tells you something is not right with someone then use it, because you never know.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

i feel ya,when i see people like that,that just dont give a s%^t about how they look or their health and respect for other people... i say F***'em kids are at walmart and being exsposed to crap like that... should be against the law.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Haha thanks for proving my point. Nobody forced you to have kids, let alone three of them. People need to think about the choices they make in life. I spent my 20's working hard and establishing myself. Not having babies I couldn't support.

Poor people shop at Walmart? Look at the PICTURES........ Sorry but if you're 200+ lbs of blubber there is nothing that screams "poor" i.e. inability to have enough money to buy food. Poor is a kid in Africa that weighs 10 lbs and looks like he stepped out of a concentration camp. The self pity in this thread is amusing if not depressing. What has happened to America. 36 million people on food stamps? Gimme a break......how many of those "poor" have DVD's and cell phones.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce

Oh you mean like this?

You can take the snob out of your a-hole but you can't take the a-hole out of the snob.

Oh and one other thing. They didn't send them to private school and they do lots of charity work with their money. They still shop at walmart because they would rather use their money to help others than waste it on some overpriced store just to say they don't shop at wamart.

So I bet you shop at a very fancy place like target because that is so much higher class.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by HotSauce]

so let me get this striaght...if a woman goes shopping out in public, with a shirt on that spells out F--K YOU, and i think she's white trash for wearing it out in public for kids to see...i'm an elitist?...right...then i guess i'm an elitist.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

I never thought the day would come when I heard people who have respect and take pride in their appearance, their health, and have some self respect would be called elitist snobs. And we wonder why America has fallen from grace. I'd love to send my kids to school with a other kids who's parents wear "titties and bear make me happy" t-shirts! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

reply to post by ldyserenity

Haha thanks for proving my point. Nobody forced you to have kids, let alone three of them. People need to think about the choices they make in life. I spent my 20's working hard and establishing myself. Not having babies I couldn't support.

Too bad someone forced your parents to make you...eh? I wonder if they knew they would end up raising a man who mocks strangers on a web-forum over their dress code and weight.

Man...how proud I would be if you were my spawn. Gee wiz, you really DO raise the bar of humanity for us all.

Hey...since you have such strong opinions on people by how they look, let me have one on you?

"you are a sad, lonly man, with a shallow grasp on what it means to be a man".

Before you call me fat, poor, drugged or whatever you use to feel better about your laughable self, just keep in mind I am AWESOME and damn near perfect.

We wouldn't like how you talk, look or dress where I come from...but hey...we are just learning from you.

PS- You are so gross, that my vomit on your shirt would only make you look "better". Nasty backward bigot.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Why don't you post a picture of yourself on here so we can all see what a "real" and "decent" person looks like?

We must learn from you.... please show us the light.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Wal-Marx...Always corporate prices...always.

I don't shop at wal-mart because I'm growing intolerant of whining fat bodies.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

so let me get this striaght...if a woman goes shopping out in public, with a shirt on that spells out F--K YOU, and i think she's white trash for wearing it out in public for kids to see...i'm an elitist?...right...then i guess i'm an elitist.

Ok....this one is tough...yeah, such a shirt is abhorrent...true...I will stand next to you "thinking the same thing".

But lets just picture a system where such shirts were "banned by law"...then lets picture a country where "said shirt" was punishable by "said law"

Hmmm...I dunno...I mean, Nazis knew how to dress...yes...but should we really adopt their way of "life" just because some people at Wal-mart have "poor taste" in apparel?

Naw...I think I am fine with people dressing how they want...lord knows I have defended my right in a court of law, to wear weird stuff in public, many MANY times.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Everyone should be free to let their freak flag fly!

But there is really no reason to walk around with your bits and pieces hanging out.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join