It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I don't shop at WalMart!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by ldyserenity

Haha thanks for proving my point. Nobody forced you to have kids, let alone three of them. People need to think about the choices they make in life. I spent my 20's working hard and establishing myself. Not having babies I couldn't support.

Poor people shop at Walmart? Look at the PICTURES........ Sorry but if you're 200+ lbs of blubber there is nothing that screams "poor" i.e. inability to have enough money to buy food. Poor is a kid in Africa that weighs 10 lbs and looks like he stepped out of a concentration camp. The self pity in this thread is amusing if not depressing. What has happened to America. 36 million people on food stamps? Gimme a break......how many of those "poor" have DVD's and cell phones.

i'm a liberal, and have been for decades...but i agree with you 100%...these people need to take responsibility for themselves, and quit blaming everybody else for the way they are. back when i was young and poor, you took pride in yourself, keep yourself clean, worked hard, took crappy jobs with crappy hours, saved money, enjoyed what you had, and didn't complain about what you didn't have. now i'm 57, already retired, living on the money i saved and invested. i didn't take a dime of welfare or unemployment insurance money, because i knew i was better person then that, and my own shame wouldn't let me. get a backbone, believe in yourself, and don't let any bastard get you down, and you'll do just fine.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Sad what big box has done to the mom & pops. But people can't be expected to spend more and sacrifice the convenience when they don't have the luxury or time. It would undermind their thrift. I do admire those who will go out of their way and spend more in an effort to keep the little guy alive. Unfortunately for him, most people are not in a position to justify it. Their world is too fast paced and every dollar counts if they want to keep a roof over their head.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

First off there isn't ONE SINGLE kid pictured on that site. Secondly, there isn't ONE person that looks remotely handicapped or otherwise disabled. I guess they all probably have mental disorders, have a thyroid problem or are otherwise emotional eaters right?

60% of Americans are obese. I guess it's the system's fault right? God bless Universal healthcare. Those of us who actually take the time to put exercise and eating healthy a priority in our life should pay for all the obese and ignorant lazy people of the world. Gimme a break!

No one showed me how to eat properly. I learned on my own. No one forces anyone to smoke cigarettes or drink to excess. And most of all no one forces anyone to have kids they can't afford.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 2compelled

I think you're completely wrong and I used to have the sorry pathetic attitude you have. It's not that people don't have the money to keep the mom and pop stores alive it's that THEY ARE GREEDY! Why go to a local bakery and spend twice as much on some artisan cheese or bread when you can go to Walmart and save $20 bucks that you can spend on more junk you don't need like DVD's, and music CDs. Come on! There are many people that shop at Walmart because they have to. But like people in this thread have stated there are lots of people that shop at Walmart to save money so they can spend their money on other useless crap not because they are too poor to eat and cloth themselves.

Look at all the people that are probably chain smokers. Oh boooooohooooooo it's not their fault that they smoke....its' those big bad evil tobacco industries and their viral marketing campaigns. Gimme a break people! Grow up!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

reply to post by 2compelled

But like people in this thread have stated there are lots of people that shop at Walmart to save money so they can spend their money on other useless crap not because they are too poor to eat and cloth themselves.

Yeah,
I see your point.

I'm always trying to save a buck so I can afford more useless crap like taxes, retirement, mortgage and that pesky doctors visit every year.

Man,
I knew deep down I was evil !

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Originally posted by jimmyx

so let me get this striaght...if a woman goes shopping out in public, with a shirt on that spells out F--K YOU, and i think she's white trash for wearing it out in public for kids to see...i'm an elitist?...right...then i guess i'm an elitist.

Ok....this one is tough...yeah, such a shirt is abhorrent...true...I will stand next to you "thinking the same thing".

But lets just picture a system where such shirts were "banned by law"...then lets picture a country where "said shirt" was punishable by "said law"

Hmmm...I dunno...I mean, Nazis knew how to dress...yes...but should we really adopt their way of "life" just because some people at Wal-mart have "poor taste" in apparel?

Naw...I think I am fine with people dressing how they want...lord knows I have defended my right in a court of law, to wear weird stuff in public, many MANY times.

it is a matter of degree...then i guess you wouldn't mind if a guy was wearing a t-shirt that said in a short detailed sentence what he would like to sexually do to your kids, or a short detailed description on a how a gay man physically makes love to another gay man?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Spoken by a well-to-do that's not addicted to nicotine, I will guess. I was speaking of society in general and not necessarily my own shopping habits.
When a theory is offered, you should not be so quick to insult. I agree with some of your response, but you only understood a fraction of my statement.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

First off there isn't ONE SINGLE kid pictured on that site. Secondly, there isn't ONE person that looks remotely handicapped or otherwise disabled. I guess they all probably have mental disorders, have a thyroid problem or are otherwise emotional eaters right?

60% of Americans are obese. I guess it's the system's fault right? God bless Universal healthcare. Those of us who actually take the time to put exercise and eating healthy a priority in our life should pay for all the obese and ignorant lazy people of the world. Gimme a break!

No one showed me how to eat properly. I learned on my own. No one forces anyone to smoke cigarettes or drink to excess. And most of all no one forces anyone to have kids they can't afford.

You missed the entire point.

You picked a group of people to make fun of. That's the whole point. You are laughing at the expense of others.

I do not believe for one moment that you started this thread with the pure and honest intent of discussing the state of America today, and all of the politics and problems behind it.

I do believe that you started this thread to make fun of, and laugh at people.

You missed the point, and still are, and now that this has been pointed out to you, you seem to be taking some altruistic stance on how right you are to criticize people in photos from Wal-Mart.

I hate to say it, but you have a lot of points that I agree with, I am loathe to the entitlement generation.

However, I totally disgaree with your intent that I gleaned from the start of this thread which was to humiliate and demean people, and to laugh at them, and to facilitate that in this thread.

You have every right to feel the way you do about the things going on, but there are far better ways than this, and I have the right to disagree with your methods and to tell you so.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Libertygal]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Actually you're COMPLETELY WRONG! My entire point was to shed light on the type of people that shop at Walmart and actually it helps to expose the type of people MANY OF US pay for. the lazy, the obese, the irresponsible, and the downright scum of society. Here are many of the shirts that can be found on people on that website:

I'm That Bitch
I # corpses
My dick tastes like chapstick
Titties and beer make me happy
Don't be a pussy and get a tattoo.......

and the list goes ON AND ON! Let alone the tons of pictures of women wearing nothing but skimpy underwear and slutty outfits.

But according to people like The Mask they are just "expressing" themselves. LMAO! I think some ATSers are really delusional.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Haha thanks for proving my point. Nobody forced you to have kids, let alone three of them. People need to think about the choices they make in life. I spent my 20's working hard and establishing myself. Not having babies I couldn't support.

Poor people shop at Walmart? Look at the PICTURES........ Sorry but if you're 200+ lbs of blubber there is nothing that screams "poor" i.e. inability to have enough money to buy food. Poor is a kid in Africa that weighs 10 lbs and looks like he stepped out of a concentration camp. The self pity in this thread is amusing if not depressing. What has happened to America. 36 million people on food stamps? Gimme a break......how many of those "poor" have DVD's and cell phones.

LOOK YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF # I RAISE MY KIDS, when I got let go for lack of a better word I fell on hard times we struggled without government pukes; like your kind probably live off of, helping us, A**wad!!!!! So you don't know what the f**** you're talking about, and my children have always been provided for.
My kids are and always have been provided for, regardless of our situation you F***** MORON!!!!! I raise my kids where the f*** does it state anything else in my post.You're not only a MORON BUT ILLITERATE TOO apparently. I said we scrape by, doesn't meant that we aren't making it, we are just barely, You're are so stupid maybe we should practice eugenics for your kind first. We can line up all illiterate MORONS like you first....that's a good start I'd say!!!!!!!!

Edit to ads: thank God for Wal-MArt cause that's the reason we did survive!!!!!!

[edit on 27-11-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

My entire point was to shed light on the type of people that shop at Walmart and actually it helps to expose the type of people MANY OF US pay for. the lazy, the obese, the irresponsible, and the downright scum of society.

Wow.

Once again. The man hits a home run in the empathy category.

Do you read this stuff before you post it?

I'm serious guy. You might need a vacation or something.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Actually you're COMPLETELY WRONG! My entire point was to shed light on the type of people that shop at Walmart and actually it helps to expose the type of people MANY OF US pay for. the lazy, the obese, the irresponsible, and the downright scum of society. Here are many of the shirts that can be found on people on that website:

I'm That Bitch
I # corpses
My dick tastes like chapstick
Titties and beer make me happy
Don't be a pussy and get a tattoo.......

and the list goes ON AND ON! Let alone the tons of pictures of women wearing nothing but skimpy underwear and slutty outfits.

But according to people like The Mask they are just "expressing" themselves. LMAO! I think some ATSers are really delusional.

I suppose we will have to agree to disagree then.

You cannot judge a book by it's cover, regardless of what you wish to *assume* about people by the way they dress.

I am overweight due to being disabled as well as having hypothyroidism. I am sure you will *assume* it is because I am lazy, have no self control, and do not care about myself.

Due to my disability, I wear clothing I can put on easily, without help from someone else. I am sure you will *assume* I cannot afford better.

I make almost 100k a year.

I shop at Wal-Mart, and if you were to see me there, heaven forbid what you would think of me.

You may *assume* because I wear comforatble easy to wear clothing like sweat pants and slip on shoes and pull over shirts that I am poor and a slob.

I don't have $100 manicure, I do my own, but you may *assume* because it is so nice, that I paid to have it done.

I did not spend a lot on my nice jewelry. I make my own jewelry, with precious and semi-precious gemstones, yet, you would probably *assume* I shop at Wal-Mart to afford my diamonds and sapphires at the expense of the tax payers paying for my food stamps.

I cut my own hair, I make a lot of my own things, yet, you may *assume* a lot about me that would be incorrect.

Why? Because you don't KNOW me, nor do you know the people in those photos.

I do not care how you choose to justify your making fun of people, I will stand by my other post when I said it reminds me of children in grade school.

No, there weren't pictures of children in the photos. Again, you want to miss the point and continue to defend yourself.

The point was, it's childish to laugh at people. What a boring world it would be if we were all like you.

link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Originally posted by jimmyx

".

But lets just picture a system where such shirts were "banned by law"

Thank you I am going to pront tht shirt out right away...I'm onit!!!! and I'm going to sell a million of then to WAL-MART!!!! Thanks for helping me make my first mil you want some royalty for the idea I am happy to oblige....YAY!!!!!!! Lucky my son is in comm tech he knows how to do this!!!!

link   

Wow I must have struck a nerve lol.
Are you overweight?
Do you have a husband? Man of the house?
Do you own a cell phone? Do you own a DVD player? Do you get your nails manicured? Do you get your hair done once a month?
I never said your kids weren't provided for. I said no one forced you to have three kids. But nowadays having kids is a privilege like anything else.......i.e, a car, higher education, cell phones, computers. Kids are expensive and A LOT of time and money should go into planning for them. It's called FAMILY PLANNING for a reason. Obviously you're not doing too bad because you're typing on the internet using a computer. Are you at the library? Or do you own a computer as well?

Haha........poor people in America are funny. Go to Africa or any other third world country and see what poverty is REALLY LIKE!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Are you overweight?
Do you have a husband? Man of the house?
Do you own a cell phone? Do you own a DVD player? Do you get your nails manicured? Do you get your hair done once a month?
I never said your kids weren't provided for. I said no one forced you to have three kids. But nowadays having kids is a privilege like anything else.......i.e, a car, higher education, cell phones, computers. Kids are expensive and A LOT of time and money should go into planning for them. It's called FAMILY PLANNING for a reason. Obviously you're not doing too bad because you're typing on the internet using a computer. Are you at the library? Or do you own a computer as well?

Haha........poor people in America are funny. Go to Africa or any other third world country and see what poverty is REALLY LIKE!

See, you continue to laugh and make horrendous assumptions.

In my opinion, you are really reaching here. For one thing, you have no idea what her relationship is/was, and frankly it's none of your business.

Perhaps she married someone that changed, people do that. Perhaps she married someone that died. People do that too, silly, I know... but you sure do assume a lot based on what little information she gave.

Then you go on to insult her about family planning?

How in the world can you compare people in t-shirts that you may find offensive at Wal-Mart to the poor and starving people in Africa?

Having kids 10-12 years ago is not "nowadays". You have no clue about this person, yet you insist on trying to categorize and humiliate her.

Shame on you and shame on the degeneration of this thread into your continued attempts at justifications.

Remember that old saying about ass u me?

Yeah.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

.. should be against the law.

I can't believe it's not against the law. I'm only referring to being anywhere with obsenities written all over your clothing. Obviously the photographers had a certain yen for the obese and the cross-dressers, but I was amazed at the obsenities. I truely have never seen that before.
Aren't there laws such as "public lewdness", "indecency", and such?

....And this......when did women stop wearing panties?

I had no idea.

This is OT because I'm really not talking about Walmart. Just being in public. After I've read some of the posts here, I wouldn't dare comment on Walmart. Walmart is Walmart.

[edit on 11/27/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Are you overweight?no
Do you have a husband?yes
Man of the house? Yes he works I have been out of work for a year
Do you own a cell phone? yes it's metro unlimited service for a minimal fee...bought second hand at pawn shop.
Do you own a DVD player? no we did it broke a year ago, still live without one.
Do you get your nails manicured? hahahaha, what nails I bit them all down from nerves trying to find work.
Do you get your hair done once a month? HELL NO my mom paid for me to get a trim oh I think it was about March for my bday.
I never said your kids weren't provided for. I said no one forced you to have three kids. >I love My kids and I wasn't making that my point at all...I was simply stating I didn't have five.<
But nowadays having kids is a privilege like anything else...(I also worked at a state job getting paid very well in NJ and had plenty of cash to raise them when I started having them.
higher education IS NOT A PRIVELEGE EVERYBODY SOULD BE GIVEN HIGHER EDUCATION! . , cell phones, computers. Kids are expensive and A LOT of time and money should go into planning for them. It's called FAMILY PLANNING for a reason. Obviously you're not doing too bad because you're typing on the internet using a computer. Are you at the library? Or do you own a computer as well? My computer is now over three years old it's been added too but I haven't seen a new one in a long time this was bought with my income tax return...So yes I do have one.I don't have real internet use a hub for wi fi connect...lucky there's a cafe that provides patrons free net and I can p/u their signal.

No I weigh 110 lbs and very slim, always have been but that's what you stated about me, so do I need to post a pic? HMMMMMMMMMM I'll see if I can find a full shot of me. I had a crash so I lost alot of pics, what I was stating is we have always raised our kids and sacrificed all that garbage you stated dvd's and such because that's what we had to do, we've had to hunt and fish and make our own bread and get hand me downs from cousins before and used yes wal mart to be able to feed and clothe our kids,but what you are saying is stupid.That is not a good consensus of whom always shops at wal mart, beleive me those are the minority, I hardly ever see those like the pics posted in Wal MArt that's why they post the pics cas it's unusual....not because it's typical.

***I'm agreeing here: right if they're poor it's not possible for them to be overweight about 85 percent of the time...I know first hand that's how I stay slim, always hungry. true.

But I've also gone to the MALL in all those fancy shops and seen worse as well....you are simply stating a fallacy, what you see on that website I have seen in a number of places one of them a Red Lobster!!!SERIOUSLY, no joke...and they wre dressed like that and weighin in at about 300 pounds give or take.

ALso my kids are fifteen, fourteen and ten...and yes that entire span I was having them, I worked in the state of NJ for the state of NJ making very good income I live elsewhere now.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more. Almost everybody goes to Walmart for one thing or another. (I hate you feel you have to disclose personal information to this..this...person. You don't, I know you know that. What you do is none of his business.

The pictures were taken because they were out of the ordinary. Most people who shop there look like everybody else. Tons and tons of young Moms buying "kids stuff". Bubble bath and Barbie dolls.

I have to go to buy x-box games at some point soon. Sigh. I dread the crowds.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

You've taken things way too personally and have projected your own anger and insecurities into this thread. I never assumed you were anything hence why I asked the questions that I did. By the way didn't you say your mother is "well off"?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Thank you that's what was my entire point... I guess people wanna see what they wanna see... I was trying to open eyes...but some people are too dense to open their eyes!

And wal mart didn't put mom and pops out of business the governement did by keeping things so high like taxes, so that those smaller stores couldn't make it anymore no matter how much they raised their prices I know "MY MAN of the house'"s parents owned a flower shop,,,it just got too high on taxes and stuff they had to close their doors. This is what they told me, why can the corporations keep prices low? Because the government is for corporate greed, and they hate the little man...plain and simpel. This is your governments fault NOT WAL MARTS!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join