It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Moon Anomalies III - Other Peoples Work

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by The Shrike

Plus I know things about the moon that you don't.

Like the existence of aliens on the Moon? Hmmm... Are any Borgs there? Careful, you may get assimilated! Wait! Looks like you already are!!
Like those other so called 'anomaly' hunters - mikesingh, John Lear, Zorgon and so on!

Oh boy! This thread is really getting entertaining!
I guess I'll stick around! This seems to be fun!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Like the existence of aliens on the Moon? Hmmm... Are any Borgs there?

Why do you believe so heavily in aliens?

You try to involve them in discussions quite often.

Don't worry OHX, one day someone on the board will admit to thinking about aliens a bit too much and you can attack them for it. It will be a grand display, I'm sure of it.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

This thread is really getting entertaining!

from another thread

reply to post by john124 It's not about believing a particular side. If you investigate thoroughly yourself, you would discover exactly the same as the badastronomy article states. reply to post by andrewh7 What would possibly make the photo roll up on its own? I will say that the surface temperature is about 100C or 212F, normally if it's a platic cover, it will roll. So I search on ATS, then google, no answer. Did somebody know the answer ? I don't found any debunk for AS 16-117-18841 ? john124, did badastronomy.com have the answer to this question ? or somebody else ? Please, provide link to any explanation ?

OK
Do you have something serious to say about picture AS 16-117-18841 ?

Exuberant1: sorry to disturb

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Like the existence of aliens on the Moon? Hmmm... Are any Borgs there?

Why do you believe so heavily in aliens?

I do? Hmmmm....
Probably because I'm crap scared of them borgs and Klingons! They're on the Moon now. Final destination? Earth!!!
That doesn't look good. I'm heading for them hills!

Those fibres and dust on those images are proof of their bases on the Moon! Beware! The end is near!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I'm heading for them hills!

Indeed.

However, my prediction is that you'll hang around here and continue on with your noncontributory ways.

You can't help yourself.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mixmix

OK
Do you have something serious to say about picture AS 16-117-18841 ?

You mean this photograph?

Picture of the Duke family - Charlie, Dotty, and sons Charles and Tom
Courtesy: NASA

So what about it?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

It is interesting how well that photograph and the plastics around it hold up in the lunar conditions.

Temperature was around 200 degrees when the pic was allegedly taken.

Edit:

I'm off to put a photo in the crappy vacuum oven (several photos actually). I had been meaning to do that for some time but keep forgetting in my old age.

I might as well use my good thermometer for this one.

I'll fill you lot in when I'm done. I must find out more about the nature of the Duke image though.

Here's the skinny on that photo:

Now, this photo is some 30 years old, as is its informational content (in these net.days, people tend to label this as 'virtual'). I just tried to imagine the way in which this particular bit of virtual information - the portrait of a family - already has traveled in these 30 or so years.

Are you still with me? Then let the journey begin.

Not sure when and where exactly this photo in a photo was taken. Probably in the garden behind the Duke's house, late 60s, on a sunny day. Taken by a photographer or family friend or relative, or maybe with a timer or remotely triggered. The film was removed from the camera, taken where you get your film developed, and got developed and printed on paper. Back it went to the Dukes, where it stayed for a while.

At some point, Charlie Duke probably decided that it was a good idea to take it with him on his mission, so he took the necessary steps, like having it packed in transparent foil, and it finally got placed in the spacecraft. It was launched with Apollo 16, travelled all the way to lunar orbit and landed with the LM. On EVA-3, Charlie Duke took it out on the surface, placed it down onto the lunar soil, and took a couple of photos of the scene with his Hasselblad.

Apollo Magazine 117, which now contained this virtual information -the photo of the photo of the Dukes - was taken back inside the LM. Up it went with the ascent stage into lunar orbit, and traveled all the way back to Earth in order to make a splashdown in the Pacific Ocean. There it was picked up together with the rest of the equipment and taken to the photo laboratory in the LRL in order to get developed. It got developed, and the resulting film and prints were called AS16-117-18841 and were stuffed away in some archive for the next few decades, just to be pulled back out seldomly, every now and then, in order to have a copy made for whoever desired one.

history.nasa.gov...

[edit on 28-12-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

It is interesting how well that photograph and the plastics around it hold up in the lunar conditions.
Temperature was around 200 degrees when the pic was allegedly taken.

Ok. So what's the big deal? What is it that is so strange and shocking that it requires discussion?

The temperature, for your information, wasn't 200 deg when the picture was taken as you suggest. NASA planned the Moon landings in such a way that it was never at high noon. They always landed during the Lunar mornings when the sun was low over the Moon's horizon and stayed for just a few days when the temperature was similar to that on Earth.

So again, what's the big deal with that photograph?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Surface temp was around 200 degrees when the Apollo missions landed - give or take a few degrees (and depending on the amount of shade; which drastically reduces temperatures).

The temperature on the moon varies from -387 Fahrenheit (-233 Celsius), at night, to 253 Fahrenheit (123 Celsius) during the day. Because the moon has no atmosphere to block some of the sun's rays or to help trap heat at night, its temperature varies greatly between day and night.
coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu...

The mid-day temperature on the moon is indeed around 260 degrees Fahrenheit, however, the low temperature in the dark of night is about minus 250 degrees Fahrenheit! The lunar landings and following exploration was done when the sun was low, within a day or so of local sunrise at the landing site at the time of the landing, so that temperatures were actually quite moderate, even after a full 3 days on the lunar surface. The film in the cameras was also kept in magazines that provided some protection from the extreme temperatures even when left in direct sunlight. In a vacuum without an atmosphere to conduct heat, film inside the magazines it was carried in is quite well protected from the heat of direct sunlight.

Surface temperature

During the lunar day, the surface temperature averages 107 °C, and during the lunar night, it averages −153 °C.[49]

The Moon has the coldest place in the Solar System measured by a spacecraft.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

The Apollo crews landed when the Sun was low in the eastern sky, a configuration that gave good shadow definition of the landing site terrain. Solar phase angles (0 degrees at local sunrise, 90 degrees at noon) at landing ranged from 4.7 degrees (Apollo 12) to 14.7 (Apollo 16). The last three crews stayed for considerably longer than the others and the phase angles at EVA-3 termination were 45.6, 48.6, and 43.1 for Apollo 15, 16, and 17, repectively.

from Working on the Moon: Thermal Environment

see Last Page
LONG-TERM WARMING OF SURFACE AND SUBSURFACE TEMPERATURES OBSERVED AT
APOLLO 15 AND 17 SITES: IMPLICATIONS FOR FUTURE LUNAR GEOPHYSICAL MISSIONS

I don't know if it's 200F
but I provide source for non entertainment discussion.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by mixmix]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mixmix

Armap can probably find the temps during the moonwalks.

I'll keep looking though as I too am unsure about the 200 Fahrenheit figure.

*I like the .pdf you posted - it has good charts.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mixmix

Temperature measurements made with thermocouples positioned within a few centimeters above the surface are available for Apollo 15 and A17. As indicated in the following figures, temperatures at EVA-3 termination for those two missions were about 69°C and 52°C, respectively.

(From your link above).

Considering that the phase angles for the last three Moon missions were almost the same, I take it that the surface temp at the Apollo 16 LS whose phase angle was a trifle more than the other two missions, was around 70 deg C.

If so, Exuberant1 is not correct when he says that the surface temp was 200 deg C, which should have screwed up that photograph!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I specifically used 'Fahrenheit'.

You don't even read the posts you reply to. You miss whole words and sentences at a time.

I also said that I might not be correct and left room for error. You have to read the posts OrionHunterX.

(Otherwise you look like an intentional ignoramus - which is much worse than looking like an unintentional ignoramus
)

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Just look the most recent post page

OrionX have diseapeared.

completly, no any post today.

some special healing ??

Exuberant1 you are also out of the recent post page.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Nice stuff!!! ,

Each time when I see such pictures I feel how absurt it is of the govenments to lie and cheat about these things. How stupid do they think we are? Well pretty stupid I guess because no population of any country has succeeded to force their government for complete disclosure.

Now, the last few years some governments are opening up with probably the most lame info they have stored away on the subject. But what is the US government waiting for? What should the rest of the world make of these figures that keep all this ET-stuff tight behind bars.....just for themselves?. Can't they understand that they are the ones living the lie? Is their plan to keep it away for us until the end of times....idiots.

Sorry had to express myself.....still nice to see all these finds.

EDIT: spelling...

[edit on 28-12-2009 by zatara]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I specifically used 'Fahrenheit'.

Oh, did you? I must be blind! But here's your post that doesn't say Fahrenheit...

Surface temp was around 200 degrees when the Apollo missions landed - give or take a few degrees (and depending on the amount of shade; which drastically reduces temperatures).

And then....

Surface temperature during the lunar day, the surface temperature averages 107 °C, and during the lunar night, it averages −153 °C.
en.wikipedia.org...

You don't even read the posts you reply to. You miss whole words and sentences at a time.
(Otherwise you look like an intentional ignoramus - which is much worse than looking like an unintentional ignoramus
)

Look who's talking!
People in glass houses shouldn't be throwing bricks at others!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

Yeah, something to do with the non-existent Apollo 20. Just some creative filmmaking. There will always be those individuals who enjoy fooling the gullible. P.T. Barnum did it with his "EGRESS" sign above a door. People thought it led to an exhibit until they found themselves outside unable to get back in!

If it's too good to be true...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Woah, how'd I miss this thread

I posted this find, one of my favorites, a couple years ago. However, I looked back on the old JL moon pics thread and noticed I did not do a good job with the pic.

So... here it is (again)

Tycho Crater (I think)

Why I think it's strange:

- It looks like a pyramid... on the moon
- The pyramid-looking thing appears to be a lower albedo than its surrounding terrain
- There appears to be a lighter band near the top of the pyramid-looking thing.

Image Source Page:
astrogeology.usgs.gov...

Filename: vhr_5150_h3_raw

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9791de0750a.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/409ce377e94e.png[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Blurry, out of focus, highly-magnified section of larger photo. Ergo, no details. No details, no claim. Next.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join