It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Moon Anomalies III - Other Peoples Work

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Blurry, out of focus, highly-magnified section of larger photo. Ergo, no details. No details, no claim. Next.

Well of course its magnified... That's the best we have to work with

I claimed it "looks" like a pyramid. I stick to my claim

... Next

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
Tycho Crater (I think)
I think it's Copernicus.

- It looks like a pyramid... on the moon
- The pyramid-looking thing appears to be a lower albedo than its surrounding terrain
- There appears to be a lighter band near the top of the pyramid-looking thing.
- Yes, it looks like a pyramid, but it's too small to try to understand its real shape
- The lower albedo may be a result of a different angle to the sunlight or a result of the "pyramid" being behind another "feature".
- Again, it can be just a question of the reflection angle, or it may really be a different, brighter colour.

And The Shrike is partly right, that image is too blurry (but obviously not out of focus) because it was highly magnified and it was magnified with an algorithm that tries to create the missing data.

A "pixel resize" version (along with the original size image) can be seen below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/e0e89c09dad17d41.jpg[/atsimg]

PS: I hope I have used the right area, it would be embarrassing if I used a photo from a different area.

PPS: where have you been, Zarniwoop, nice to "see" you again.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Well thanks and Its good to see you too

I'm going to try and hang out here a little more.

Thanks for your analysis. You are right, that's Copernicus.

As far as the imaging algorythms go, you are correct. But I typically look at entire areas and look for anomalous features in those areas. If the algorythm is essentially the same for an entire area, then anomalies will persist as well. (I think)

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Well thanks and Its good to see you too

I'm going to try and hang out here a little more.

Thanks for your analysis. You are right, that's Copernicus.

As far as the imaging algorythms go, you are correct. But I typically look at entire areas and look for anomalous features in those areas. If the algorythm is essentially the same for an entire area, then anomalies will persist as well. (I think)

Perhaps you ought to reconsider your continuing to look for anomalies since chances are (more than 50%!) that you are not going to find any. Trust me, I've looked at thousands of high-resolution photos of the entire lunar surface and I've never seen anything that looked artificial or OOP.

The one "anomaly" that I did find, which I posted here under - A "Real" Lunar Anomaly - Knock Yourself Out! - and you can still find it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com... is not a "real" anomaly 'cause I'm aware that it's simply a trick of light and shade.

At no time has anyone posted a decent, high-resolution lunar photo showing anything worthwhile. Every photo has been blurry because of over-magnification, or overpixelated so what the claimant sees exists only in his/her head. With possibly one or two exceptions but even those were not good enough to come to a definite conclusion.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Heya Zarniwoop!

Welcome to the fray.

*I'll see your Pyramid and raise you a Hexagon:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
Perhaps you ought to reconsider your continuing to look for anomalies since chances are (more than 50%!) that you are not going to find any. Trust me, I've looked at thousands of high-resolution photos of the entire lunar surface and I've never seen anything that looked artificial or OOP.

OK, well that explains a lot. Don't worry 'bout me

I don't make this my life. I do find it very interesting though. I'll take 50% odds ANY time on finding someting significant. I always operate on about 1-2% odds of finding someting cool.

The one "anomaly" that I did find, which I posted here under - A "Real" Lunar Anomaly - Knock Yourself Out! - and you can still find it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com... is not a "real" anomaly 'cause I'm aware that it's simply a trick of light and shade.

I looked at the thread, but you made it too hard to find whatever it was you saw and I got tired of trying. Please post here if you want. I think one of the most important things in posting these pics is reference... a pic of the anomaly, a source pic, and some thoughts.

I have on many occasions posted something initially that I thought was strange, but then explained it as a natural occurance. That is also part of the fun for me.

At no time has anyone posted a decent, high-resolution lunar photo showing anything worthwhile. Every photo has been blurry because of over-magnification, or overpixelated so what the claimant sees exists only in his/her head. With possibly one or two exceptions but even those were not good enough to come to a definite conclusion.

You do realize we're talking about the moon, right? Pictures that are released into the public domain and their accompanying resolution vary greatly. Like any other investigative process, you need to work with what exists, and go from there. I have never found a "smoking gun", but I have found and seen several things that don't look right... at all.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Heya Zarniwoop!

Welcome to the fray.

Hello Exuberant1.

Thanks for the welcome

I CALL...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c9271edc0f6.png[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I'll see your call and raise you an inspiring caption beneath an amazing image set:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Woah... Lot's of stratus on that bottom pic.

Good quote, too!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Hey Exuberant1!! You haven't replied to my post? Probably too red in the face to even contemplate doing that!! Oh never mind. I understand your embarrassment!

Ah! I notice we have more joining the fray - the hidden Moon anomalists! They're all crawling out of the woodwork now!
With their images of strange alien constructs like pyramids on the Moon!

Have you heard of a psychological phenomena in which the brain recognizes certain shapes and patterns in pictures known as parodelia? Of course you guys have!

Nuff said!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Michio Kaku said the following at a recent lecture he gave at Arizona State University:

Source video here: www.youtube.com...

*I like his ideas and the attention he brings to them.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Heya Zarniwoop!

Welcome to the fray.

Hello Exuberant1.

Thanks for the welcome

I CALL...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c9271edc0f6.png[/atsimg]

Oii I want in this game of hexagon poker!

I raise you both 2 hexagon craters!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/84483bcf2c1daad5.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/c5fead49181f7fa9.jpg[/atsimg]
(I think these two images above are of the same crater btw)
another hexaghon with a pretty monolith in it

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/15b188a17ba2a8d7.jpg[/atsimg]
What's in the pot now?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

What's in the pot now?

I'll see whatever you got an raise you a discovery that I made; Ongoing Geological activity on the moon.

*That's right, your talking to THE 'discoverer' - I published this discovery first (As a Pegasus member), beating NASA and every other space agency, scientist (and you) to the punch:

The head of LCROSS saw the same data and came to the same conclusions as me... but he did so After me (publish or perish right?).

Edit:

I suppose nothing you can muster can beat my paradigm changing discovery.

I mean, It just isn't fair at this point is it?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Nice one! BUT I have a LCROSS UFO Flyby! hehe I recorded this live off the NASA site when it was done:

(click to open player in new window)

a gif of the object in question:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/f96e7591d0bd8315.gif[/atsimg]
At 42 Seconds on the right of screen you will see an object move up the screen!

[edit on 29-12-2009 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Interesting find, but it lacks the profundity that was introduced with my earlier post (the ongoing lunar geological activity).

And I too have a video - and with orchestral music to make people feel more sophisticated
:

(Video produced by Ocker using the discoveries of Exuberant1)

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

*That's right, your talking to THE 'discoverer' - I published this discovery first (As a Pegasus member), beating NASA and every other space agency, scientist (and you) to the punch:

The head of LCROSS saw the same data and came to the same conclusions as me... but he did so After me (publish or perish right?).

Ok, we'll give you a Nobel for that,
but what the heck am I supposed to be seeing anyway? What's so Earth shattering about a red dot as seen in the IR spectrum? MASCON? Hydrogen concentration? LCROSS? Lava spewing out from the impact? Or just an alien bunker with a Howitzer shooting out super heated plasma projectiles?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Ok, we'll give you a Nobel for that,
but what the heck am I supposed to be seeing anyway? What's so Earth shattering about a red dot as seen in the IR spectrum?

See below:

Ongoing Geological activity on the moon.

But if you're game for speculation....Are you familiar with the LCROSS White Sands Conspiracy?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
They say a picture is worth a thousands words - well how about a picture of words....

This next excerpt is from the Apollo 14 DSE transcripts.

"They're Mining it"

During the time of this excerpt, the moon-orbiting astronauts were looking down at a curious area on the lunar surface and using suggestive language about the possibility that an ongoing lunar resource extraction operation may be occurring beneath them. . .

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

A picture is often worth nothing without references to the exact source and when/where/who made it/said it/etc..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ffe85274934f.jpg[/atsimg]

I wasn't trying very hard (used an old 1960s typewriter font, but didn't match exactly) ...

[edit on 29-12-2009 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

They say a picture is worth a thousands words - well how about a picture of words....

This next excerpt is from the Apollo 14 DSE transcripts.

"They're Mining it"

During the time of this excerpt, the moon-orbiting astronauts were looking down at a curious area on the lunar surface and using suggestive language about the possibility that an ongoing lunar resource extraction operation may be occurring beneath them. . .

They're mining, drill and built. Take a look at Tycho Crater...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join