It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you remember 9/10/2001?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Not many people seem to remember the big news story on 9/10/2001 because of the timing it was released (obviously the day before 9/11). Do you? I've often wondered about the status of the promised investigation of it... there is no status because there never was an investigation... just an announcement to cover Rumsfeld.

In a nutshell, Donald Rumsfeld (then Secretary of Defense) announces that the Pentagon (whose ?accounting? offices were destroyed the next day) could not account for $2.3 TRILLION - purportedly 25% of their budget although if you add up the Congressional appropriated defense budget from 1996 to 2001, you only come up with $1.6 trillion. That in itself is an investigative story... But... what about what they admitted to??

Then in 2006, Congressmen John Murtha and Jim Moran were asked about it again at a town hall meeting and argued with the questioner that it was really BILLIONS not TRILLIONS but offered absolutely no status whatsoever.

On January 29, 2002 CBS did a story on this subject: The War On Waste. That is the only MSM story I could find using Google today. I remember this being a huge story and all of the main news agencies running it. Have all the MSM stories been scrubbed away?

Damn, we sure could use that $2.3 Trillion right now.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I am more inclined to believe it really was 2.3 BILLION not Trillion .. you cannot "loose" trillions .. it's far to vast of a number. But you can loose Billions within a budget of Trillions. It's like if you had a hundred dollars, and you lost 75 dollars... you'd notice. but if you lost a Dollar, it's like meh, I got 99 more.

But who knows... I guess it's possible, I just don't think "trillion" is plausible.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

In the first video, at around 1:00, Rumsfeld says "We cannot track $2.3 Trillion dollars in transactions" and emphasizes the word trillion then right after that the CBS person narrating says "Trillion with a T". I think that pretty much says that they meant trillion and not billion.

But, I agree with you, you can't "lose" $2.3 trillion, you'd know where you spent it right? Even though the inspector general couldn't find it... that's pretty much the point here. Illegal funding, not appropriated by Congress, equal to at least the legally authorized defense budget.

Did you remember this story?

I don't think very many Americans do remember it...

[edit on 26/11/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
What...?

False flag operations don't grow on trees you know?

Somebody has to pay for them....

Peace

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Just to keep the record straight, the full quote is:

According to some estimates we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions.

www.cbsnews.com...

One of the problems is that we don't know the timespan he's talking about. Ten years? Twenty years?

Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen today released details of President Clinton's Fiscal Year (FY) 2001 defense budget. The budget requests $291.1 billion in budget authority and $277.5 billion in outlays for the Department of Defense (DoD).

www.fas.org...

So even if all of the money disappeared, it would have had to been over the span of several years. Not saying it isn't idiotic, just keeping the record straight.

[edit on 11/26/2009 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You're right, Phage.
2.3trillion is a lot of money... It may have taken several years, decades maybe to spent it all...

...and "for how long" this is happening is something a lot of people would also like to know, right?

Peace

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
From 1 Sept. to 10 Sept. 2001 the military base near me was an open base.

NO gate guards checking I.D. anybody could drive on.

It was going to save millions of dollars by not having the civilian guards.

All that changed on the 11th.

Since then they have spent hundred million dollars or more putting concrete bollards around the base admin,medical and the base theater.

Must be working the base hasn't been attacked yet!

I could easily understand how they couldn't find a trillion dollars.

When I was in we called the DOD the MWR(Money Wasting Racket).

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

it was used on paperclips...as in "project paperclip" and its kind

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

You know what they say, the Elite drops hints of what they'll do before they do it.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The reason the money is missing is because they had to pay for 911 somehow. Those airliners, fuel, black ops operators, cruise missles ain't cheap ya know!?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
It's the black budget probably over the last 15-20 years would be my guess. That would be why accountants would have trouble tracking it....Top Secret, Just Plain off the books, Espionage operations around the world. Advanced Design stuff probably for space. All of these things cost lots of money.

The Above would be my guess as to what they're talking about and that time frame. All those projects are buried deep under cover after cover after cover with security clearances that few have.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
A trillion here. A few billion there.

I believe the first rumblings about this were from Cheney in June of 2001.

Thing is, when the administration "changed hands" would they not have done a clean accounting? That kind of work begins right after the election no? Act quick, steal a few trill and bring attention to it and surely everyone will blame it on the last guy. Brilliant!

I understand that this may not be what happened at all...it may well have been "misplaced" for over a decade or so, but I doubt it. We'll probably never know. However, the Bush administration wasn't exactly fiscally conservative or responsible. Not even close. And the US GAO knew too and called them out...and nothing was ever followed through on?

During the Bush administration, a few billion were "misplaced" in Iraq too no? First from the country's treasury and later in a few pallets full of money sent over to stimulate the Iraqi economy. And didn't another $60 billion or s0 get misplaced over at HUD?

Not to even get into the trillions poured out into the "war effort" (and directly into the pockets of the likes of Halliburton...i.e. Cheney), the pharma industry (i.e. Rummy), and the oil industry (Condie and the Bushies). This kind of thing happens in government, sure. But not to this degree and with this kind of blatancy.

And with no steps taken to remedy it or recover it for the taxpayers for 8 years? Oh wait, we had an elective war to worry about...one that's nearing a trillion officially and two trillion unofficially. Geez.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Building colonies in space is expensive.
Thank you for posting this!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
haha geez...so its finally caught up with us,our country yea OUR country is being stabed in the back by the people who run it?wow sweet so every tax payer has to pay for their little endevours...ahh i could go on and on with this but i think all i need to say is our goverment needs to be flushed straightup viva la revolution...people need to die

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
If and when the people that are scamming the citizens are caught, they will need to have a speedy trial and if found guilty, taken out an executed immediately, as they can't be trusted in any way, shape or form.

To allow them to rot in prison isn't harsh enough for the criminal and treasonous acts they have committed, not just against their respective countries, but against the human race as a whole.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
How do you loose tha much money? does the governemnt pay full salary and beebfits to poelpe who cannot do basic mathematics? that much money dosnt get up and dispaper i bet it was used in fact, to fund the war in afghanistan and for 9/11
we will nerver know..they will get away scott free,a nd who knows, become our lawmakers and president even... if we did it, wede have every CIA IRSA pentagon general and goon all over us they (governemnt ) people do it they get a promotion!!!
its THIER fualt were in a recession, and a depresion may come..they cannot balance thier own stuipd checkbook, how are they supopsed to balance US?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
The cover of a large Chicago paper, the Sun Times, ran a cover story on 9/11/2001 showing a man in his car with a huge caption beneath a large photograph: "WHY IS THIS MAN DRIVING?" Initially I thought the story came on the 10th..I recall now it was on the 11th that they got the 'big break', so I apologize.

The story was all about some schmoe whose license had expired. Yet, he was driving..., as the newshounds had uncovered by stalking his house all night waiting for the man to get in his car and go to work, based on some records they'd gathered from the DMV. These are the same one worlders who rammed global warming down our throats, aidshoax, too many to count really. And now they offer us jewess palin coverage as a treat for the owebama joke they unleashed on us.

The paper seemed to say 'What News are we Hiding?' I believe I have a copy of it. AH..the good old days. I thought about it for a few moments after the deliberate false flag attack, and decided to save the paper with the man without a license to drive. At least there was, after all, some truth to it. This was not to be after 911. You will recall how it transformed every TV set in every living room in to a 'terror ticker' for israel's gain....

[edit on 27-11-2009 by davidmann]

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
It is not just the money missing which is fishy. It is also very telling, which people were killed on 9/11. 38 budget analysts and accountants working for the Army budget office were killed, when the pentagon was hit.
www.libertyforlife.com...

But here is a real kicker. Guess who was overseeing the Pentagon's spending program? No other, than Dov S. Zakheim. He served as undersecretary for defense (comptroller) from 2001-2004 . Prior, Zakheim was not only part of the nefarious PNAC, but also the CEO of the System Planning Corporation. A corporation, which developed a remote controll system for aircrafts.
911research.wtc7.net...

Pentagon part starts at 3:15, but the whole video is worth watching

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

If by "lose" you actually mean "steal". Sure no ones dumb enough to lose that much money, that's the point, they never"lost" it. it sure the **** is gone though.
on all of em.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I think I said too much. So I deleted it.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Chastral]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join