It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dangers of Investigating Conspiracies and Cover-ups

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Squabbles94806

So we're inadvertently working for the Aliens. Will it ever be presented to the general public? No. Will Aliens ever be made known to the general public on a mainstream level? N

It's obvious to me, as well, that we are being indirectly controlled by some higher power. No, I can't say with certainty what that higher power is, but it's something way stranger than what we think. I'm not ruling out aliens or anything. But, let me ask you this. IF you start saying there is nothing we can do, what is the point of even discussing it? Because it's interesting?

I am INTERESTED in this forum because I want to STOP IT. We can do this together. We just can't have the attitude that none of these secrets happening are unstoppable.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
From my experience, the most dangerous thing about investigating conspiracies and cover-ups is that the seductive nature of truth-seeking can end up consuming me and consequently causes me to drift away from other important affairs (e.g. family life, work etc.)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The site is locked out for me. I will keep checking, I really want to read it.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Well I'm new here, but I certainly agree with the premise of the thread title--there ARE dangers associated with investigating and exposing certain events and stories.

Gary Webb comes to mind regarding the CIA's role in drug trafficking. Paul Wellstone's curiosity and public statements probably got him killed.

JFK angered the Dulles brothers and others and ended up dead, so too MLK.
edit on 3-11-2012 by Salander because: spelling

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
There are many events in history that are free to investigation and speculation . One of the few events that absolutely cannot be questioned though, is the holocaust.
I wouldn't be surprised if one day it is realsed that David Irving has died due to 'natural causes', i.e. assasination for releasing too much information.
For the moment, imprisoning and fining him for stating in a public sppech that "less than 6 million Jews died in the holocaust,' is enough for the sheeple to believe anything he says is a 'conspiracy' and that he is just another anti-semetic maniac who simply 'hates Jews'.
Despite the fact that the plaque held at the Auschwitz concentration camp was taken down and replaced with a new one in the 90's, changing the figure from 4 million to 1.5 million; the total 6 million figure was left untouched.

No historian can question the holocaust without being called an anti-semetic or a Nazi.
David Irving was imprisoned with no trial for being a 'holocaust denier'.
It's worth looking him up.

rense.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The only real danger to the Conspiracy Hunter is not the Conspiracy itself but the truth. For instance if someone puts a puzzle together and it seems to fit a long line of historical accuracy but is still discounted as conspiracy even though it is the truth those watching these channels, those who watch for such truths to emerge to inform those that the conspiracy is about , will make every effort to get rid of the conspiracy before it makes mainstream and floods the airwaves thus exposing the conspiracy as truth.

Conspirators love the truth being twisted about but when a conspiracy comes close enough to burn their brows that is when you know that your Conspiracy Bullet has found its mark.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Yea, if you figure out what is really going on, and irritate them enough eventually they will come after you,

but as a disclaimer they dont really care if you hand out DVDs to people on a street corner.

Originally posted by infinite
Just been searching google and came across this, its an article about the dangerous of investigating conspiracies. ATS is a growing community and we have all heard rumours about are local spooks coming now and again.

I don't want to drive fear into people, i just found it very interesting so i thought i would share it with you. Of course, it can be dangerous investigating certain topics. A lot of people have mysteriously died when investigating the JFK assination. Well hope you enjoy the read and be careful

Here are examples of the dangers of investigating conspiracies. When Gary Wean waged a legal battle against the gangsters who run Ventura County, who are the judges and their cronies, they tried murdering him in his front yard. Gary made a legal motion that obstructed the sale of bonds used to build the County Center (where Dennis was jailed), swindling the taxpayers out of many millions of dollars. Building the County Center was part of a plan to make a killing in real estate and other raids of the public coffers. The weekend before Gary's lawsuit delayed the issuance of revenue bonds, he came home one Saturday night to see a strange car parked near his house. Gary had been a policeman for many years, and his instincts saved his life. The assassin was sneaking into his yard in the twilight, and Gary grabbed his pistol from his car and hid behind a tree. The assassin fired and blew off a tree limb next to Gary's head. Gary returned fire as their car sped away. If they had killed Gary, his lawsuit would have been dismissed on Monday morning, and the revenue bonds would have sold without a hitch.[30] That is one way to deal with gadflies like Gary.

Chronicling mysterious drownings, mysterious plane crashes, a bloody murder of a lawyer and his wife in their bed a few miles from where I was raised, and other dark events, such as the county judges controlling the local drug trade, Gary's book makes for scary reading; but murders are the extreme acts. Bribes, framing people for crimes and scandals, media smears and Kangaroo Court were the more common modus operandi of the conspiracies

link

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Great reading here.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I think there is a lot of truth to this. one of my friends who did a lot of important work on the Lockerbie thing got spied on , wire tapped and so forth. when she finished with that she started seeing conspiracies in everything. not because she's a paranoid but because she's probably correct . 911 and Apollo tipped her. especially Apollo. it changed her perspective on the world generally and that is where the danger lay. people become cynical. they lose their love for life because you see things so negatively. my friend once cried for 20 minutes in front of me. just sobbing on and on about Lockerbie and MLK and Bobby Kennedy and the Apollo program.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I have found that I dont trust the government at all now. I cant accept that anything agreement they enter or any program they start or any law they pass is for our good. It has made me cynical too.
edit on 28/12/12 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I would like to but the site is locked.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
looks like the only way to get info from it atm is to do a google search for the URL and read what people are saying about it on other websites. some of them summed up the pages pretty well

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Hi, I dont really know if i could call myself a conspiracy theory investigator, but recently ive just took a step back from everything ive been taught and am questioning it. Maybe im just a naive idiot, but I dont want any kind of repercussions from doing so. Maybe im just some stupid paranoid kid, but i dont want to accept what im told just because somebody tells me too. Ive set up a blog on the matter but dont really know if i should continue doing so?
Sorry to write such an essay but im only 16 and so don't really have much knowledge on these things.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Eloher

good point. of you read the zundel trial tramscript , you read LEARN how reasonable these points and objections are. but talk about a third rail.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
one problem about the conspiracy issue for the creators is when one goes many follow. my surprisingly bright son recently has been questioning the truth about Apollo. he's still on the fence but discovering some problems with he apollo story on his own sent his off to look at a dozen other things.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I think the dangers lie more in driving yourself insane. Unless conspiracy hunting is a hobby of yours, the continuous search for information and things that aren't there is a good way to drive yourself insane.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
You know. You dont have to be a whistle blower to get totaly ruined by tptb. You can just become pratice. Or even a person of intrest. Or even just disliked by some of them. There is no resion i can come up with for what happened to me my life became totaly fake. I lost everything. To them. For no resion i can come up with. Maby i am just pratice.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It can definitely be dangerous doing these things. Take warning.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pathwalker777

This is also very true. You never know whats going to happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join