It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hip Hop is raising our children to be ignorant and racist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Yes, there will be some that debate and call me racist. Whatever. The funny part is how people complain about education and culture but watch hip hop videos popular music.

I used to love gangster rap, hip hop and urban music. I actually was a maker of music. Then...thankfully...I grew up. I listen to music today and get disgusted. A bunch of rich jerks with unlimited resources yapping about money cars and hoes while staring into the camera....people sing along and get damn near brainwashed.

The truth is most of these jerks were ugly LOOSERS in the hood and NEVER had nothing and they will say all of this crap in their songs because it is newly acquired. Drop it to the floor, open up your legs, pop a mofo quick...give me that ass...titties everywhere...got that ice..got that bling...roll that whip...BLAH BLAH BLAH. Then parents wonder why their kids grow up with a false sense of reality wanting to be rappers. Then it is wondered why kids are dropping out of school and selling drugs when TV is raising these damn kids. It is DISGUSTING!!!!! Then you hear people complain that they cant get a job because the "man" is holding them back. WTF!!!!! Stop playing play station and turn off BET and read DUMB A$$!!

Now...NO I am not racist. I am half black. But I am rasing young girls and a young man and I cant fathom allowing them to hear that crap without telling them what they are listening to. GARBAGE. Mind trash. Although there is ALWAYS good music in any genre but most of it is MADE to brainwash into a state of stupidity. How these fools even got to where they are is another topic but I have a problem when these fools yell crap about a black president while rapping about their AK and 50k chain. Stupid. What does Obama being black have to do with their success level. If the plan is to rap our country into a state of blackness I will pass. Would rather live in wonderland. I dont want to live in a country dominated by any race why would I agree with black domination after soo many years of racism? IDIOTIC!!!

I am open to the ATS hate process and could care less about any discredit attempts. This was my way to vent about the BS I seen today while visiting my daughters school. If you dont like it....Hey...Ill bake you a batch of cookies. Im not here to please you...Im trying to raise productive children...not insecure hoochies and hoes.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I agree its pretty vacant. The beats can be primal, mesmurizing, though.

People conplained that Elvis was going to ruin kids with his hip gyrations. There are worse things to worry about, IMHO, than what music does. TV and videogames seem far more destructive to the young mind...not only in terms of content but in terms of the way that exposure to the media technology iteself has potential to damage the way people think.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Like anything else there is the good and the bad. I wouldn't mind my kid listening to someone like KRS One or Mos Def or even a group like the Jurassic 5 or Pharcyde. If I ever caught my kid listening to some hollow trash like Lil Wayne I think I'd just drop him off in the nearest ghetto as a lost cause and get on with my life.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
funny,i was thinking the same about pop and rock music... miley cyrus,jonas brothers,adam lambert and the likes....just an observation

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I did say Hip Hop and popular music mind you. The reason I singled out Hip Hop is because that is what bothers me the most for some reason. Maybe because I was a fan in the past. Also because my girls tend to like it in addition to Miley Cyrus. Its all GARBAGE!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
factoid for people in this thread. On average American children watch 32hrs of unsupervised TV a week. Kind of makes you wonder how the future of the USA could even be possible considering it's children are raised on MTV & Reality TV.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by reasonable]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I wouldn't mind my kid listening to someone like KRS One or Mos Def or even a group like the Jurassic 5 or Pharcyde.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

KRS ONE- AH YEAH

"Ah yeah that's whatcha say when you see a devil down
Ah yeah that's whatcha say when you take the devil's crown
Ah yeah stay alive all things will change around
Ah yeah what? Ah yeah! "- KRS ONE

While other MC's are talkin bout up with hope down with dope
I'll have a devil in my infrared scope, WOY! (gunshot)
That's for calling my father a boy and, KLAK KLAK KLAK! (gunshot)
That's for putting scars on my mother's back, BO! (gunshot)
That's for calling my sister a hoe, and for you
BUCK BUCK BUCK, cause I don't give a mother#
Remember the whip, remember the chant, remember about rope and
you black people still thinkin about vot-ing
Every president we ever had lied
You know I'm kinda glad Nixon died"!

One of the most hate filled songs EVER. I do respect his art and opinion, but damn. Really...kill white people??? My mother deserves to live so to hell with that dude too!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

I hear ya, King. There's definitelya lot of crap out there. I think the difference is: pop can surely be mindless a lot of the time, but hip-hop often times glorifies violence and criminal behavior as well as being mindless. That's the one element of a lot of hip-hop artistry that I've never been able to get past. :-/

It seemed more harmless in the 80's with De La Soul and Hammer, etc. But I'm not exactly a rap afficionado, so my history prob isn't very accurate. LOL

~G

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I listened to hip hop for a while but i had to stop because it was making me excessively materialistic and disrespectful towards women and racist against my family

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I think all music is there to hypotise the person listening to it. The pagans have used music for thousands of years, and they know this too well.

Personally hip hop, is trash music. Like christ said, if you hang round with bad people, you will become a bad person.

The music industry just plays on the fact that all teenagers, want to rebel, and hip hop for me, goes way too far.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Yes, there is some #e about at the moment, and R n B and Hip Hop seem to be at the top of the list.
But come on, the state of the top 40 / Billboard charts is pretty dire overall.
The major music companies have far too much control.

But there is still some very good music and bands / artists around still, you just have to look that bit harder to find them.

Unfortunately in these days when kids just expect things handed to them far too few people take the time and effort to look.

There is a relatively vibrant music scene where I live but it is pretty telling that I watch more tribute / cover bands than I do those who do their own stuff.

As for the racist thing?
I don't know, but they are very stereotyping.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Remember, you cant have CRAP with out RAP.

And Miley Cyrus is freakin awesome man....did you see the way she worked that stripper pole on top of the ice cream cart? OMG!!!!

I would never let my daughter listen to her music...but she can ALWAYS watch the shows..as long as I get to watch it too
(BTW she's 16...perfectly legal and moral to look at for a guy my age.)

Oh and as for Elvis...people back then DID worry that he was going to ruin kids with his hip movements...but I submit that they were right...jesus H. How many unplanned pregnancies and unwed mothers do we have to see to realize that maybe our parents were right?

Morals don't fly out the window because of one person...but one person can cause the slippery slope that we all end up sliding down.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gaudeamus
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

It seemed more harmless in the 80's with De La Soul and Hammer,

~G

The garbage seemed to begin with the NWA era which happens to be around the same time Regan was in office and the CIA flooded the streets with crack. I mean think about it....WHY THE HELL would some black dudes from the hood be allowed to make records saying "fu$% the police" during this time era? All a CIA plan and ploy. Smart one at that. Hell it worked. Kids started dying in VAST numbers after this. Not that there wasnt gang violence before this but this is when it was accepted as an OK way to display the plight of the hood. The funny part is NONE of the members of NWA were actually gangsters. Dr. Dre, Ice Cube...see where they are today? RICH AND FAMOUS! Sounds like the CIA to me. Anything they touch is gold. Its sick!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
isn't heavy metal, goth, emo and other type of rock not making kids behave as badly and ignorant? yes.

dont just point it at one type of music.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
isn't heavy metal, goth, emo and other type of rock not making kids behave as badly and ignorant? yes.

Yep too true, i remember when i was young, the first band i liked was nirvana, and it changed me alot.

Music hypnotises you, so if you listen to negative music, you will find that it comes out in you.

I am not sure if you can have positive music, but certainly negative music, can help make you very negative inside, without you knowing it.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by platipus

Why can't I point a specific type of music if it applies to my childrens lifestyle? I have never heard nor was subject to the types of music you are listing. Please don't guide me on how to post my opinions if what you are saying has nothing to do with my SPECIFIC topic.

While appreciated and agreed, your direction is unnecessary.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mplsbookworm

I'm going to have to strongly disagree with you on your above statement and this is why:

1) music doesn't brainwash people i know MANY people who have listened to gangsta rap and dark suicidal rock, but guess what ? they are very productive individuals.

2) Not to call your parenting into question but you should have the biggest influence on your children not 2pac.

3) You should be passing down your morals and beliefs onto your children, and YOU should teach them about their actions and reactions.

And if you want me to further expand then just let me know i'll be happy to!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The problem here isn't the music. A society that starts banning cultural expression, what ever it be, is condemned to die. The problem is who listens to it, I.E. kids. Depending on the child's intelligence and education, I would stress that during adolescence one acquires the brain and the ability to distanciate one's self, so as to understand that music is a show, and to grasp the contexts in which certain music is born.

The problems really are :

1) Parents.

If parents took more interest in their child, and i'm not saying interest as in "no I think such and such musical styles are rude/immoral/satanic/make you blind, so you can't listen to it" (=moronic and counter productive), but on the contrary help them to understand, by nuancing and explaining the how's and whys of certain music, then there would be less problems. The OP' says "Hip Hop is raising our children to be ignorant and racist". Well maybe. But that's not the problem. Hip Hop should not be raising children at all. Their parents should.

2) Education.

As statistics show, the USA is getting dumber and dumber. Lots of kids, and many people in general, don't have the IQ to differenciate reality from fiction, let alone understand emotionalo nuances in art. This problem has more to do with society, so I won't go there. But this aggravates problem number one. Parents are, in many cases too thick to be allowed to reproduce, because to them, education means "don't do that because if you do you'll go to hell and gawd will hate you/i'll kick you out/i'll beat you silly like my daddy did to me". That's not education. That's threatening. Parents should be instructed about education, and in fact just generally more instructed about "how things work", as their kids should. When kids grow up in environnements like that, and listen to violent music of which they only understand the violence, then yeah, youbetcha, they will grow up to be ignorant and racist.

Who's fault ? Society made parents inadequate because many have low levels of instruction. Society makes kids incline to violence, ignorance and racism, because that's what they rightly percieve of their society every day. Hip Hop music sprung up because society is the way it is : it created ghettos, social stratification, and segregation. Change society, you'll change it's children. Hip Hop is irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

it's the devils music, it's ruining our youth, turning them into depraved sex-crazed lunatics with no respect for their elders!!

if you play a 50 cent record backwards you can hear him say "eat at mcdonalds, eat at mcdonalds".

two kids entered a suicide pact after hearing subliminal messages beamed directly into their brains via their ipod.

music is to loud nowadays.

man, nothing ever changes
you guys are just getting old

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
we live in a townhouse you know the type tiny well groomed front yard big parking lot... what most would call "Up Scale"
anyway my neighbours girls listen to rap and hip hop, odd for a bunch of silly white girls if you ask me.. they loudly sing verses out there in the parking lot... I would quote some but for the sake of good taste and civility I'd skip that.
I used to think they said those dirty words and phrases just for the shock factor we did something similar when I was a kid, just not so vulgar.

I learned just how harmless it was when they caught their ten year old in a car with a grown man engaged in oral sex. at twelve she ended up pregnant and was quite proud...

Yeah I agree it sends the wrong message and these girls took it hook line and sinker. glad to be gangster ho's

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join