It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Love Exist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Movies, music, people always talk about this thing. I have never seen, felt or experienced this feeling or emotion. I've been happy, hyped, excited, lustful, sad, angry, frustrated, depressed, ecstatic, hyphy, and many other emotions
(depends if the broncos are winning or losing) yet I've never experienced this thing called "love".

I follow Christ and he spoke alot of love, it was his whole message, If you ask me the bible was about love, not about hell yet I don't understand this "love".

So can anybody prove or disprove this phenomenon?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by KyleOrtonArmy

Did your biological parents raise you? Why do you follow Christ if you have not experienced his love? Have you ever had a girlfriend/wife? Do you have children? What is your favorite food, movie, place, or thing?

Love comes in a variety of ways. But to have never experienced love has to be one of the most sad things I have ever heard. Has anyone ever been kind to you without wanting anything from you? That would stem from love.

Try this link out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I think too, that you cannot really feel love, other than blood relatives. I have never felt love too for others. I just think its a selfish feeling, and thats all it is that people pretend they feel.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
get your head out of the sewer if you feel love isnt a real feeling, folks.

what is next, is hatred for others FAKE???

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I too feel sad for anyone who hasn't experienced love in a noticable way. There is nothing "pretend" about it, though it can be selfish. It's the only feeling that lets you xperience real happiness - feelings like fun and pleasure are beneath it.

The most intense kind of love can be felt for:

1) Your parents when you are a small child
2) People of the opposite sex when you're in love
3) Your own children (especially when they are small)

As I see it, there are two sides to love:

1. The Joyous Side

This is where you experience all the happy and ecstatic feelings for your object of love, when you're been near them or longing for them and dreaming about them. Although this love can be quite selfish alone, where the other person is a source of happiness for someone but they don't care much for their wellbeing or emphasise with them. Romantic love is often like this.

2) Compassionate Love

This is a feeling of truly caring for someone and emphasising with their suffering and wanting them to be well in all ways. When you feel this kind of love it hurts you when they are hurting and you want to do anything to relieve the burden for them. A very beautiful kind of love. People always feel this kind of love for their children, while romantic love and children's love for their parents can be more immature and not include much of this love.

It's important to focus on love and strive to make your love stronger.

Happy loving everyone!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Does Love Exist?

I believe it does, but probably more as an abstract rather than some tangible force of nature. And like all things in the universe, there is its opposite, the anti-love, which is hate.

Both true love and true hate are very rare commodities. One can spend a lifetime searching for deep, meaningful love and never find it. Same too for hate... though we often do like to play word games with our politics and apply 'hate' like a scarlet letter upon those whom we disagree.

For many, there is an ongoing search for love and living in hopes of someday finding it as a kind of holy grail to existence. Some will find it, some won't but the quest for love, like the search for the meaning of life itself, is never ending.

Best wishes to you in your own journey

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Summerday
2) People of the opposite sex when you're in love

Nicely done.

Love is just a word, how you define that word is entirely up to you.

I could say I love a cut of porterhouse steak cooked medium rare, I could say I love Rum over Ice. I do love these things.

On a serious standpoint love (for a person) to me is a combination of all emotions which together to create a overwhelming connection to another person which for reasons you cannot explain will be everlasting.

That said most of the 'love' in modern relationships is a fabricated necessity,
trading honesty for companionship.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Th0r

I could say I love a cut of porterhouse steak cooked medium rare, I could say I love Rum over Ice.

Thanks for broadening the perspective here. You are absolutely right.

Oh, and I'll have one of those same steaks, medium rare, when it comes off the grill

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Originally posted by Conclusion

Did your biological parents raise you? Yes

Why do you follow Christ if you have not experienced his love? I've talked to him and he seems like a pretty worthy savior

Have you ever had a girlfriend/wife? Yes.

Do you have children? OH LORD NO

What is your favorite food, movie, place, or thing? I like the broncos, most other stuff is overrated?

Love comes in a variety of ways. But to have never experienced love has to be one of the most sad things I have ever heard. - Well i've never experienced it and i'm not sad at all, i'm very content with my life.

Has anyone ever been kind to you without wanting anything from you? That would stem from love. - Are you sure? people can be nice to be nice, it doesn't have anything to do with love if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
For all those who are tired of this worn out question:

Does God exist?

We now have this question:

Does love exist?

My heart bleeds for you.

Oh! Where is Richard? Richard! oh Riiiiiiiiichard!

[edit on 26-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Does love exist, tut tut......... is the sky blue?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Of course Love exists!

She's currently in CAFE which directed by writer Marc Erlbaum. Project is currently just going into production and should be released in 2010/,

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I guess the emotion you feel when you are depressed is what you can call love nowadays.

FIGHTING FOR LOVE IS TO MERGE WITH DEPRESSION AND TO WORK YOURSELF OUT OF IT yyyeeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh yaaaaaaaaiiiiiyyyyyy!!!!!!! People with no problems don't exist or something must be terribly wrong with them. yeyeeeaaaaiiiii

yaaaaii

"fell face down on the floor"

[edit on 26-11-2009 by etherical waterwave]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

... I've been happy, hyped, excited, lustful, sad, angry, frustrated, depressed, ecstatic, hyphy, and many other emotions (depends if the broncos are winning or losing) yet I've never experienced this thing called "love".

have you ever felt happy for another person - happy because they were happy?

sad because they were sad?

angry because someone hurt them?

concerned when they're not well?

I think I understand what you're saying - everyone wants to just go ahead and agree that it exists - and that it's impossible to not understand what it is

defining it isn't easy

I think we'd have to start with empathy

that's not very romantic or magical - I know

:-)

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Th0r

On a serious standpoint love (for a person) to me is a combination of all emotions which together to create a overwhelming connection to another person which for reasons you cannot explain will be everlasting.

thumbs up,

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Some people go through life never meeting their true soul mate.

Once a person does they will know what true love is.

I met mine many years ago.

It took only a few months to realize we were soul mates and had been together somewhere in time.

We were even suppose to meet years before but fate kept us apart.

She eventually moved a way.

I later set down and wrote her a heartfelt letter to tell her how I felt about her and that I just wanted her to know.

She called me from half way around the world to tell me she had always felt the same way.

We were married to others at the time and even though she and her family eventually moved back here, nothing transpired.

Life is like that.

But we both know how much we will always love each other.

Maybe the next time.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Love is the most real thing in the universe. It is more real to me than anything I see around me. It is more real than the sky, the earth, the stars, the moon, the sun.

Love is, we are.

Sometimes I have spent 14 or more hours just saying the word "Love" over and over to myself. Love, love, love. The mystery only deepens, the reality only deepens.

Open yourself to love. There are a million gateways in but they all lead to the same thing.

Love is all you need.

I love you.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Love is something that has multiple meanings...in Greek you have several types pending on your relationship to that person. C.S. Lewis help me understand what love is and of course, the Bible. Anyway, Here is a link in which you can read for yourself what Lewis had to say on the topic: en.wikipedia.org...

I have thought a lot about the concept of love and honestly I believe that love is meant to be more about a commitment to someone then about how you feel about him/her. Love is being able to forgive someone when they have hurt you, love is about dieing to self in order to better serve the one that you are committed too. I believe that if you can do those two things it is then that the true feeling of love will take place.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Yeah, I believe love is a real thing, although it is not something you can see, like a physical object but sometimes you can see it, if you look hard enough. Love is something you feel and experience. I guess it’s a lot like, liking something, only a hundred times stronger.

As for proving it’s exist, well that’s pretty hard to do scientifically speaking…I mean you can’t always prove you like something or someone, other than just saying you do, but that isn’t necessarily, absolute proof, that it is true. You for example, “like the Broncos”, but can you prove it?
(Rhetorical question)…maybe, deep down, you really love the Broncos.

This song explains it best…

Is This Love

- JC

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I love quite a few things, my dog, mam, nephew, south park, animation, movies, sunday roast, haribo starmix.

It deffinately exists, in all different shapes and sizes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join