It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Does Love Exist?

page: 2
2
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by KyleOrtonArmy
 





... I've been happy, hyped, excited, lustful, sad, angry, frustrated, depressed, ecstatic, hyphy, and many other emotions (depends if the broncos are winning or losing) yet I've never experienced this thing called "love".


have you ever felt happy for another person - happy because they were happy?

sad because they were sad?

angry because someone hurt them?

concerned when they're not well?

I think I understand what you're saying - everyone wants to just go ahead and agree that it exists - and that it's impossible to not understand what it is

defining it isn't easy

I think we'd have to start with empathy

that's not very romantic or magical - I know

:-)


This is definitely my favorite response so far.




posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by KyleOrtonArmy
 


S&F! Finally a honest person! 'It's a filthy word, love!", said U.G in a interview. The very meaning of 'love' has been perverted to mean lust and almost without exception is linked with the narcistic needs of I. Only when love is universal, meaning that you love your neighbour as you do love yourself, then there is love.


Originally posted by KyleOrtonArmy
So can anybody prove or disprove this phenomenon?


It is an personal experience, nothing that cannot be universally proven. You feel it or you don't. It is not an objective phenomena in the sense that it would be real for everybody. In modern world, hate reigns over love; many more people, if not all, have felt hatred - but the love is buried under the requirements of modern societies, which support and rewards the feelings that derive from hate, lust and creed.

Also, we are so filled with egoes that make the experience of universal love impossible. Everything we 'love' is because we are being egocentric. We love our partners because they bring us satisfaction - the same thing can be applied to the potato chips. One can only experience love when it is free from gain, i.e the feeling that "I'll get something out of it". Do you get happy feeling from love? Then it is not love. Loving requires nothing back, absolutely nothing.

Hence U.G said that love is a filthy word; because it's meaning has become twisted. "I love this ice-cream.", "I love these clothes.", "I love the way you walk.", "I love (fill in anything that you lust)

True love is without division, without requirements, is free and belongs equally to everyone. There are no boundaries. If you can truly love, you'd love also your worst enemy.

-v

[edit on 30-11-2009 by v01i0]



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
love is not an emotion, it is divine... it is the strongest energy, we can access/ use/ be.

in love,
bertrand



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
reply to post by KyleOrtonArmy
 


S&F! Finally a honest person! 'It's a filthy word, love!", said U.G in a interview. The very meaning of 'love' has been perverted to mean lust and almost without exception is linked with the narcistic needs of I. Only when love is universal, meaning that you love your neighbour as you do love yourself, then there is love.


Originally posted by KyleOrtonArmy
So can anybody prove or disprove this phenomenon?


It is an personal experience, nothing that cannot be universally proven. You feel it or you don't. It is not an objective phenomena in the sense that it would be real for everybody. In modern world, hate reigns over love; many more people, if not all, have felt hatred - but the love is buried under the requirements of modern societies, which support and rewards the feelings that derive from hate, lust and creed.

Also, we are so filled with egoes that make the experience of universal love impossible. Everything we 'love' is because we are being egocentric. We love our partners because they bring us satisfaction - the same thing can be applied to the potato chips. One can only experience love when it is free from gain, i.e the feeling that "I'll get something out of it". Do you get happy feeling from love? Then it is not love. Loving requires nothing back, absolutely nothing.

Hence U.G said that love is a filthy word; because it's meaning has become twisted. "I love this ice-cream.", "I love these clothes.", "I love the way you walk.", "I love (fill in anything that you lust)

True love is without division, without requirements, is free and belongs equally to everyone. There are no boundaries. If you can truly love, you'd love also your worst enemy.

-v

[edit on 30-11-2009 by v01i0]


This post and the one I previously quoted are the reason I made this thread. Most of the posters in this thread did not understand the question, and failed to leave their comfort zone in an effort to try to grow.

This is the kind of response I was looking for, precisely what I was looking for, and these are the kind that can get us further as an entire group, a whole group of people working together to solve possibly the most important puzzle of our time! And our time, I believe, is an important one!



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I would also like to make one more notion, it may clarify the modern meaning of 'love'.

In relationships of today, we may think that we 'love' our companion. The love will last as long as the companion will satisfy our needs, but as long he/she refuses to satisfy us, our love changes into something that can hardly be called 'love'; we begin to act in malicious ways, and eventually we'll begin to hate.

Also, there is point of growing bored. When we want something from our companion, we express the emotions of 'love' (or how many understands it), but as soon as we've got what we wanted, the 'want' or 'lust' becomes satisfied, we become bored. "Oh, I have eaten enough of this crap, I want something else!".

So if above is the love that one is experiencing, it is not love at all.

-v

[edit on 30-11-2009 by v01i0]



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
I would also like to make one more notion, it may clarify the modern meaning of 'love'.

In relationships of today, we may think that we 'love' our companion. The love will last as long as the companion will satisfy our needs, but as long he/she refuses to satisfy us, our love changes into something that can hardly be called 'love'; we begin to act in malicious ways, and eventually we'll begin to hate.

Also, there is point of growing bored. When we want something from our companion, we express the emotions of 'love' (or how many understands it), but as soon as we've got what we wanted, the 'want' or 'lust' becomes satisfied, we become bored. "Oh, I have eaten enough of this crap, I want something else!".

So if above is the love that one is experiencing, it is not love at all.

-v

[edit on 30-11-2009 by v01i0]


the 'feelings' you describe got, imho, nohing to do with love. they are projections of the ego, moved and motivated by 'negative' emotions such as fear.

love,
bertrand



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bertand cantat
 


That is true. I pointed that out in my initial post to this thread.

Just wanted to clarify how the word 'love' is generally used and understood today.

-v



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
reply to post by bertand cantat
 


That is true. I pointed that out in my initial post to this thread.

Just wanted to clarify how the word 'love' is generally used and understood today.

-v


indeed, i appreciate your thoughts, i placed it in a nutshell...

another thought
i seems that nowadays a 'consumable' good, which i find very sad.

love,
bertrand



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by KyleOrtonArmy
 


we aims to please :-)

if it can't be explained by a billion or so hallmark cards - or hallmark specials for that matter - I say it can't be explained



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Summerday
I too feel sad for anyone who hasn't experienced love in a noticable way. There is nothing "pretend" about it, though it can be selfish. It's the only feeling that lets you xperience real happiness - feelings like fun and pleasure are beneath it.

The most intense kind of love can be felt for:

1) Your parents when you are a small child
2) People of the opposite sex when you're in love
3) Your own children (especially when they are small)

As I see it, there are two sides to love:

1. The Joyous Side

This is where you experience all the happy and ecstatic feelings for your object of love, when you're been near them or longing for them and dreaming about them. Although this love can be quite selfish alone, where the other person is a source of happiness for someone but they don't care much for their wellbeing or emphasise with them. Romantic love is often like this.

2) Compassionate Love

This is a feeling of truly caring for someone and emphasising with their suffering and wanting them to be well in all ways. When you feel this kind of love it hurts you when they are hurting and you want to do anything to relieve the burden for them. A very beautiful kind of love. People always feel this kind of love for their children, while romantic love and children's love for their parents can be more immature and not include much of this love.

It's important to focus on love and strive to make your love stronger.

Happy loving everyone!


I've found that love hurts more than it soothes.

It takes more than it gives.

@OP - maybe you are better off. I wish I never knew what love was



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by valiant
 


I love haribo star mix too, all though i like to throw the Tanfastics in for a change, although a whole bag in one go can go straight through you.

Back on topic.

I love my family. I feel it, when we hug and when your in a room full of people you can "feel" the love. I know it sounds cheesy , but there can be momemnets in life where an emotion is so strong it can be felt.



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nine0099thousand

Originally posted by Summerday
I too feel sad for anyone who hasn't experienced love in a noticable way. There is nothing "pretend" about it, though it can be selfish. It's the only feeling that lets you xperience real happiness - feelings like fun and pleasure are beneath it.

The most intense kind of love can be felt for:

1) Your parents when you are a small child
2) People of the opposite sex when you're in love
3) Your own children (especially when they are small)

As I see it, there are two sides to love:

1. The Joyous Side

This is where you experience all the happy and ecstatic feelings for your object of love, when you're been near them or longing for them and dreaming about them. Although this love can be quite selfish alone, where the other person is a source of happiness for someone but they don't care much for their wellbeing or emphasise with them. Romantic love is often like this.

2) Compassionate Love

This is a feeling of truly caring for someone and emphasising with their suffering and wanting them to be well in all ways. When you feel this kind of love it hurts you when they are hurting and you want to do anything to relieve the burden for them. A very beautiful kind of love. People always feel this kind of love for their children, while romantic love and children's love for their parents can be more immature and not include much of this love.

It's important to focus on love and strive to make your love stronger.

Happy loving everyone!


I've found that love hurts more than it soothes.

It takes more than it gives.

@OP - maybe you are better off. I wish I never knew what love was


if it hurts, it is not love. simple as that. pure love never hurts.
but dependence, expectations, jealousy, distrust, fear, worries do hurt.

love,
bertrand



posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis
 


So we're collectively chalking this one up to things that exist but can't be explained?

Because I still have some reasonable doubt of the existence of love.



posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyleOrtonArmy
Movies, music, people always talk about this thing. I have never seen, felt or experienced this feeling or emotion. I've been happy, hyped, excited, lustful, sad, angry, frustrated, depressed, ecstatic, hyphy, and many other emotions
(depends if the broncos are winning or losing) yet I've never experienced this thing called "love".

I follow Christ and he spoke alot of love, it was his whole message, If you ask me the bible was about love, not about hell yet I don't understand this "love".

So can anybody prove or disprove this phenomenon?


I am glad too see you questioning Love.

Love: It is what emanates from the Oneness. The very present moment contains love, there is love in the moment.

A family, is Love, it is Oneness. A relationship is Love, it is Oneness.

All love emanates from the Oneness

You can feel the Love once you feel the Oneness, I know I repeat the same thing over and over again but it is so simple.

You are Love and Light, Light and Love. The physical reality that you percieve is merely Light that is slower in vibration, but it is all the same energy and that energy is Love.

Namaste.



new topics

top topics



 
2
<< 1   >>

log in

join