It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "Global Warming" the biggest scam in human history?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I guess by now we should all be ready to line up for our "carbon allowances". Remember, Al Gore got a Nobel Prize for this.

The whole thing looks like bad science or for some just a straight up fraud.

Let's examine this in a way that the Nobel Committee could possibly understand. You have a chicken and an egg, which came first? Does the earth get hotter because there is more co2 or is there more co2 because the earth gets hotter?

Looks like the sun is causing the global warming, and then during inactivity, there is global cooling.

Do people on the Nobel Prize Committee have to have more than a high school diploma or a GED?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Yes it is,
Or I should say, regardless is the earth is heating up or not, the systems that the PTB are putting in place under the guise of curbing global warming certainly does have a chance of being up there with the biggest scams in history.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I don't think it's a scam. It's something we have to worry about. Now this whole global warming denial movement- that IMO is one of the biggest scams in history. We have to be worried more about those people who want to deny the global warming made by human theory so they can pollute more and act like it's all going to be fine.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by total newbie

I would say that the fractional banking system is the biggest scam in the history of mankind. It's the very source of many of our problems we encounter these days...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I don't think it's a scam. It's something we have to worry about. Now this whole global warming denial movement- that IMO is one of the biggest scams in history. We have to be worried more about those people who want to deny the global warming made by human theory so they can pollute more and act like it's all going to be fine.

It is something to think about. Originally, I thought that Al Gore was right. I have been fooled many times.

Anyway, take care, and happy holidays!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

Hi, I'm a denier of anthropogenic global warming. It has nothing to do with wanting to pollute, we humans have done terrible things to the Earth and it has to stop. I don't believe humans are the primary cause of the warming (though we are hurting the Earth I don't believe we're hurting the climate), we've only had industry for maybe 150 years while billions of organisms have been pumping out CO2 for Billions of years and during that time when the climate changed it wasn't based on life forms producing CO2.

And I resent the "We're ALL GONNA DIE IF WE DON'T DO SOMETHING IMMEDIATELY" attitude that the proponents of man-made Climate Change have been pushing. Whenever they hype something like this it's too create panic and fear and an atmosphere of impatience amongst the public. We cry out to leaders to save us from CO2 and now they are bringing strict control on what is simply a natural building block of life. I have no issue if they want to shut down big oil or any of the other industries producing mass pollution but we all need to take our time and think seriously about each and every measure they try to bring in and what kind of consequences it could have.

Climate Changes slowly, we need environmental reform, let's do it right the first time and not get tricked into some money transfer scheme that TPTB are rushing through and let's not do anything hasty. TPTB will claim to have good intentions, they even make the phony claim they are saving the planet (absurd as our species has already survived Ice Ages and Warm Periods, as has the planet), it's all controlled by fake politics now, the science when out the window when we turned to Al Gore as the "Expert".

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I don't know if I would call it the biggest scam, but it sure as heck is a contender for first place.

This thing is just getting started though. The full force of lawsuits haven't even started to surface, yet. Only 3 Intents so far. More are coming though.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Well, I tried to follow all those informations, but it seemed to me that scientists just couldn't decide what's going on. First I read we have a global warming, then some discovered the Earth is cooling down, then again it was allegedly getting hotter but it was normal course of events, because the Earth do that from time to time. Some scientists write that ice bergs are melting, others add it doesn't really matter yet because their layer is very thick, so no need to worry. And of course there's Al Gore and his Nobel Prize.
I kind of get lost in all that. Now I don't really care that much. I mean, maybe the climate is changing, and maybe it's even our fault, I always believed that people will sooner or later bring the Earth to it's end anyway.
So I don't think about it, if there actually is a global warming, then in few years I will start growing oranges in the garden, if not, I'll keep on living as I did up till now (or I will move to some nice, warm, place, and start growing oranges in the garden).
Also, maybe at some point the scientists will agree "Hey, what do you know, there actually is a global warming" or "Ha, ha, funny story guys, you know that Al Gore who received Nobel Prize for his theory? Well, he was wrong". And there will be one less thing to worry about for everyone.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
in their own words, yes.

its admitted people. case closed. biggest fraud in history. read their emails.

From Phil Jones (modification of data to hide unwanted results):

I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline.

What exactly are you trying to hide, Phil?

From Kevin Trenberth (failure of computer models):

The fact is that we can’t account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t. The CERES data published in the August BAMS 09 supplement on 2008 shows there should be even more warming: but the data are surely wrong. Our observing system is inadequate.

Your models wont account for global cooling? Travesty.

From Michael Mann (truth doesn't matter):

Perhaps we'll do a simple update to the Yamal post, e.g. linking Keith/s new page--Gavin t? As to the issues of robustness, particularly w.r.t. inclusion of the Yamal series, we actually emphasized that (including the Osborn and Briffa '06 sensitivity test) in our original post! As we all know, this isn't about truth at all, its about plausibly deniable accusations.

Deny Ignorance?

From Phil Jones (witholding of data):

The skeptics seem to be building up a head of steam here! ... The IPCC comes in for a lot of stick. Leave it to you to delete as appropriate! Cheers Phil
PS I’m getting hassled by a couple of people to release the CRU station temperature data. Don’t any of you three tell anybody that the UK has a Freedom of Information Act !

Information is not free!

From Phil Jones (destroying of emails / evidence):

Mike, Can you delete any emails you may have had with Keith re AR4? Keith will do likewise. He’s not in at the moment – minor family crisis. Can you also email Gene and get him to do the same? I don’t have his new email address. We will be getting Caspar to do likewise

Why not delete the email that suggested deletion?!
not so smart after all...

From Ben Santer * (witholding data) :

We should be able to conduct our scientific research without constant fear of an "audit" by Steven McIntyre; without having to weigh every word we write in every email we send to our scientific colleagues. In my opinion, Steven McIntyre is the self-appointed Joe McCarthy of climate science. I am unwilling to submit to this McCarthy-style investigation of my scientific research. As you know, I have refused to send McIntyre the "derived" model data he requests, since all of the primary model data necessary to replicate our results are freely available to him. I will continue to refuse such data requests in the future. Nor will I provide McIntyre with computer programs, email correspondence, etc. I feel very strongly about these issues. We should not be coerced by the scientific equivalent of a playground bully. I will be consulting LLNL's Legal Affairs Office in order to determine how the DOE and LLNL should respond to any FOI requests that we receive from McIntyre.

umm....

need we go on?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I feel scam or hoax is a little to light for a title maybe Fraud is more appropriate, afterall if i fudged my income i couldnt go to my accountant and call it a hoax

interesting video ive seen with a great speech

regards

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sianara

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sianara

Great video! I had read the Limits of Growth by the Club of Rome back in the 70's. I hadn't given much thought to the aspect of how they have hijacked the environmental movement. Think of all the good, real work that could've been done FOR the environment instead of the banks lining their pockets with "carbon offsets". It truly is the perfect racket. The other aspect I despise is how I cannot even talk to others who do care about the Earth if they find we are in disagreement about Global warming. It shuts down any communication automatically - all because Al Gore put on his dog and pony show of fake science as put forth from the auspices of the UN.
How anyone can believe that these people have our best interests at heart is amazing. Since when did they give a flying #$% about us?
Choose your sides now people, if this thing goes much farther we will all be living under the yoke of carbon taxation. Charged for the very breath that comes out of your lungs. Chutzpah? I can't even find a word that is appropriate for the occasion. "Let them eat cake" is ringing in my ears right now. Is it time to storm Versailles again?

top topics

join