It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired carpenter has techniques to move Stonehenge and Pyramid-size blocks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hope this is the right spot.

One man can build construction like Stonehenge this video shows it. Wally Wallington has demonstrated that he can lift a Stonehenge-sized pillar weighing 22,000 lbs and moved a barn over 300 ft. What makes this so special is that he does it using only himself, gravity, and his incredible ingenuity.

Following this some of ancient legends from around the world are true. Some megaliths could have been set in place by as few as one man. He said that he could build The Great Pyramid of Giza, using this techniques and primitive tools. On a twenty-five year construction schedule, working forty hours per week at fifty weeks per year, he would need a crew of 520 people to move blocks from the main quarry to the site and another 100 to move the blocks on site. For hoisting he needs a crew of 120 (40 working and 80 rotating). His crew can raise 7000 lb. 100 ft. per minute. He have found the design of the pyramid is functional on it’s own construction. No external ramp is needed. So many myths about pyramids are falling in water.

full story;
mysterytopia.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
That is very cool! Thanks for sharing. Now we know how they did it without using machinery...they were just smart!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
That's genius.

It's amazing what you can do when you don't rely on technology to do your thinking for you.

Thanks for putting that up.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Way cool.

Further proof that there's way more than one way to get things done.

I wish more folks would realize this and extend this sort of thinking into other areas.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Nice vid and cool idea, but I dont see it !!
Pyramids ??

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I love the way he just rolls that huge stone across the wood.

This man is truly ingenious.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Wow, that is truely impressive. I can't help but feel for the intellects who were trying to find a method for lifting the stones and probably tried to think way too complex to solve it.

Well done to that man for not only thinking it up, but to do it with basic tools and carry it out using money out of his own pocket. he deserves alot of credit.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
seen its a nice way of doing so but never could build pyramids with it, the guy that had that info is long passed his name was Ed Leedskalnin.

coralcastle.com...

[edit on 25-11-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

I'm not taking anything away from ed he's one of my heroes!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate

This really blows me away. it's a very simple and reasonable explanation. and could of been used in that time.
Kudos.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This guy is actually in Michigan somewhere. I am going to try and plan a campout with my Cub Scout Pack near where he lives so we can go see him demonstrate. That would be so cool.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
aw crap... i was hoping aliens built it.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by RoyalCanadian]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyalCanadian

Me too!

Omni

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

Sorry buddy didn't see that.my apologies .

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The blocks are far from pyramid sized. I would like to see how he puts the horizontal slabs across the tops of the vertical ones.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Howeird
Wow, that is truely impressive. I can't help but feel for the intellects who were trying to find a method for lifting the stones and probably tried to think way too complex to solve it.

Well done to that man for not only thinking it up, but to do it with basic tools and carry it out using money out of his own pocket. he deserves alot of credit.

Kind of random bnut this reminds me of an episode of SG-1 where the humans help the Asgard solve a huge dillema.....

The Asgard were far more mentally advanced but were incapable of thinking so simply and it was a simple idea which proved the correct method.....

Sometimes we just need to simplify things and the answers will reveal themselves...

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I want to se him work these kind of blocks.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by above

same principle but multiply the man power... i mean he was just 1 old guy imagine if you have a young workforce of 200?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by above

I want to se him work these kind of blocks.

holy sh**!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join