It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired carpenter has techniques to move Stonehenge and Pyramid-size blocks

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

Originally posted by VonDutch
OK, i understood what your point is..

Then, next question: why build such a thing ?

It was a symbolic mechanism used for the metaphysical transportation of the pharaoh's soul to the stars. You probably already know of the existence of the two small inaccessible tunnels going in and out of the king's and queen's chambers, well this was the pathway.

Good enough reason?

While looking into the angle of the air shafts I happened upon the fact that the great pyramid is build on the geographic center of all earths landmass. THe Great pyramid is built upon the primordial mound.

ref: www.grahamhancock.com...

In Egyptian mythology, Ptah (also spelled Peteh) was the deification of the primordial mound in the Ennead cosmogony, which was more literally referred to as Ta-tenen (also spelled Tathenen), meaning risen land, or as Tanen, meaning submerged land, though Tatenen was a god in his own right before being assimilated with Ptah.

en.wikipedia.org...

Temple mount = primordial mound?

Now I am wondering if the great pyramid is the temple and is built upon the temple mount (Geographic center of the earth). Perhaps the temple mount is not in Jerusalim but rather eygpt.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by VonDutch
OK, i understood what your point is..

Then, next question: why build such a thing ?

It was a symbolic mechanism used for the metaphysical transportation of the pharaoh's soul to the stars. You probably already know of the existence of the two small inaccessible tunnels going in and out of the king's and queen's chambers, well this was the pathway.

Good enough reason?

While looking into the angle of the air shafts I happened upon the fact that the great pyramid is build on the geographic center of all earths landmass. THe Great pyramid is built upon the primordial mound.

ref: www.grahamhancock.com...

The earth is not a flat plane, it is a sphere. Therefore the center of mass and/or gravity cannot be on the outer layers. Plus you are forgetting Antarctica, so that logic is flawed. The reason that lower Egypt 'appears' to be at the center in some of the images that have been posted in another thread on this board is due to the projection being centered on Egypt's meridian.

So please don't call it a fact.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The earth is not a flat plane, it is a sphere. Therefore the center of mass and/or gravity cannot be on the outer layers. Plus you are forgetting Antarctica, so that logic is flawed. The reason that lower Egypt 'appears' to be at the center in some of the images that have been posted in another thread on this board is due to the projection being centered on Egypt's meridian.

I didn't say that the center of the earths gravity is in Giza. I said that Giza is the geographic center of the earths land mass.

Only a solid stone mountain could endure the Pyramid's immense weight. And indeed, a flat solid granite mountain happens to be located just beneath the surface of the ground directly under the Pyramid.

It is built to face true North.

The Pyramid is located at the exact center of the Earth's land mass. That is, its East-West axis corresponds to the longest land parallel across the Earth, passing through Africa, Asia, and America. Similarly, the longest land meridian on Earth, through Asia, Africa, Europa, and Antarctica, also passes right through the Pyramid. Since the Earth has enough land area to provide 3 billion possible building sites for the Pyramid, the odds of it's having been built where it is are 1 in 3 billion.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a46299fa2c46.gif[/atsimg]

www.europa.com...

Perhaps there is more truth in the movie 2012 than we care to know.

If the earth did go through a biblical type of cataclyism in the past then surley there would be records of it in our mythologies, stories and geological records.

Or it could be that the flood myths originate from humanity's flight from another star system or transition through a space time gate.

Can you prove that the great pyramid is not located in the geographic center of the earths land masses?

As a student of the truth I am not opposed to re-examining my beliefs.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I didn't say that the center of the earths gravity is in Giza. I said that Giza is the geographic center of the earths land mass.

Did you not read what i said in my post?

Therefore the center of mass and/or gravity cannot be on the outer layers.

Or it could be that the flood myths originate from humanity's flight from another star system or transition through a space time gate.

How on Earth would flood myths originate from supposed space travel? Am i missing something here? Almost all major civilizations have had Deluge myths, from Noah's Ark to the tales of Utnapishtim, Manu, Deucalion, Shanhaijing, the tale of Jormungandr, etc, etc. These are not 'global' deluge's, it's just each civilization thinking their own land is all there is and it was further sensationalized through story telling.

Can you prove that the great pyramid is not located in the geographic center of the earths land masses?

No, i cannot. I don't need to. They built their monuments (the Pyramids) there because that is where they lived.

[edit on 29/11/2009 by serbsta]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

No, i cannot. I don't need to. They built their monuments (the Pyramids) there because that is where they lived.

Exactly. If the Egyptians would have built the Pyramids 3000 miles from their homes, THEN I would be impressed. But, as it is, they built them where they lived.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Exactly. If the Egyptians would have built the Pyramids 3000 miles from their homes, THEN I would be impressed. But, as it is, they built them where they lived.

Neither of you answered the question.

You should look into the Ben-Ben stone.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/27b12e4dcf74.jpg[/atsimg]
Egyptian Benben stone, Louvre, Paris.

Apparently the Ben-Ben stone (Great pyramid?) was the first thing that arose out of the waters. The Ben-Ben stone sat upon the primordial mount (Which appears to be solid bedrock).

Is the Ben-Ben stone the great pyramid?

Ptah (Peteh) (Peter?) - was the deification of the primordial mount. Ref: en.wikipedia.org...

Ptah created Atum (Depicted as a snake) (Adam?) (The first man) to rule over the primordial mount. Ref: en.wikipedia.org...

The children of Ptah included Nefertem (Nephilim?) fallen angels who mingled thier dna with humans. ref: en.wikipedia.org...
ref: en.wikipedia.org...

Ref: www.nemo.nu...
Ref: www.constellationsofwords.com...

[edit on 30-11-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Ptah created Atum (Depicted as a snake) (Adam?) (The first man) to rule over the primordial mount. Ref: en.wikipedia.org...

Just adding to my last post.

Ptah is depicted as holding a rod.

Is this part of the DNA code of humanity?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd43c3421cb4.png[/atsimg]

Why would Atum (Adam?) the father of humanity be depicted as a snake (Serpent)?

The father of humanity = DNA?

Two snakes wrapped around a pole (Which evolved from a single snake wrapped around a pole) now depict medical knowledge which has derived from the greeks. It has been suggested that the greeks derived the snake as a symbol for medicine from the babylonians. Is it possible that Hermes has his roots in anchient egypt as Ptah?

As early as 1910, Dr. William Hayes Ward discovered that symbols similar to the classical caduceus sometimes appeared on Mesopotamian cylinder seals. He suggested the symbol originated some time between 3000 and 4000 BCE, and that it might have been the source of the Greek caduceus.[4] A.L. Frothingham incorporated Dr. Ward's research into his own work, published in 1916, in which he suggested that the prototype of Hermes was an "Oriental deity of Babylonian extraction" represented in his earliest form as a snake god.

en.wikipedia.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8692d7d7f427.jpeg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc4f2e0ede7a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a626272bc6b.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/552a8ff0b824.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 30-11-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Neither of you answered the question.

Neither did you address any of the reasoning in my post.

You should look into the Ben-Ben stone.

I've looked at it plenty.

Apparently the Ben-Ben stone (Great pyramid?) was the first thing that arose out of the waters. The Ben-Ben stone sat upon the primordial mount (Which appears to be solid bedrock).

Let's not deal with 'apparents'. We're having trouble following fundamental aspects of each others posts so to push this conversation to the abstract wont do any of us any favors.

I think I'm happy with believing that the Benben stone was constructed by the Egyptians themselves to support their own myths. The 'risen', that is the 'Benben' [alluded to as the phoenix and/or the Sun] and the mythological associations that were made to it alone shows you what its purpose was and why it was crafted. I don't see what its got to do with the center of landmass theory.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
But it was aliens!!! Humans couldn't have been that smart

Aliens I tell you! With vibrations and frequencies and crystals!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Just adding to my last post.

Ptah is depicted as holding a rod.

Is this part of the DNA code of humanity?

No. There is no evidence that they understood dna. It's like saying that he invented rainbows.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd43c3421cb4.png[/atsimg]

Why would Atum (Adam?) the father of humanity be depicted as a snake (Serpent)?

Can you really not think of a single mundane reason? For someone with such imagination for the wild I think not.

The father of humanity = DNA?

Two snakes wrapped around a pole (Which evolved from a single snake wrapped around a pole) now depict medical knowledge which has derived from the greeks. It has been suggested that the greeks derived the snake as a symbol for medicine from the babylonians. Is it possible that Hermes has his roots in anchient egypt as Ptah?

Anything is possible. But we have never uncovered any tech that would lead us to believe this to be the case. We have also never seen anything other than pictures interpreted by amateurs that bear even the slightest resemblence to anything technical.

Anyway, if we were engineered we would *not* see small, logical, mundane changes in humans all the way back to our ancestors.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Hi Everyone.

First I most tell you thatI've been a member of Ats for a long time, so long that i forget my user and pword, so I rejoined again today.

And this is my first post ever here at ats. Just to let you know.

But this time I had to make an - shall we call it an adjustment to the Stonehenge post.

Take a look at this site:
www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

So - now we know who build SH the way it looks today!

Any better?

Regards

Dan Norway..

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Hi Everyone.

First I most tell you thatI've been a member of Ats for a long time, so long that i forget my user and pword, so I rejoined again today.

And this is my first post ever here at ats. Just to let you know.

But this time I had to make an - shall we call it an adjustment to the Stonehenge post.

Take a look at this site:
www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

So - now we know who build SH the way it looks today!

Any better?

Regards

Dan Norway..

Note:

I posted wrong first time - sorry for that.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xelamental
But it was aliens!!! Humans couldn't have been that smart

Aliens I tell you! With vibrations and frequencies and crystals!

I detect sarcasm.

You are an unbeliever I see.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by xelamental

Anyway, if we were engineered we would *not* see small, logical, mundane changes in humans all the way back to our ancestors.

Perhaps each dislocation allows us to evolve to the next species.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I think I'm happy with believing that the Benben stone was constructed by the Egyptians themselves to support their own myths. The 'risen', that is the 'Benben' [alluded to as the phoenix and/or the Sun] and the mythological associations that were made to it alone shows you what its purpose was and why it was crafted. I don't see what its got to do with the center of landmass theory.

It is obvious that the Ben Ben stone depicted earlier is a representation of the Ben Ben stone. Now the Ben Ben stone itself may be the promordial mound or it may be the great pyramid. (My intrepretation)

The center of landmass is the primordial mound. Land appeared out of the water. Now we can take this literally or figertively. I really don't know. If we take it literally, there was nothing but ocean and land appeared.

If we take if figeratively. The sea or the abyss could be space itself or a dimention of space/time.

I nothiced your thread on dragons. It is interesting to note that the abyss is associated with a snake headed woman, NU. Nu (Naunet) is the female.

You are familiar with Joseph Campbells work I expect.

Benben or Ben-ben, in Egyptian mythology, or more specifically in the Heliopolitan tradition, was the mound that arose from the primordial waters, Nu, and on which the creator god Atum settled.

In Egyptian mythology, Nu ("Watery One") or Nun ("The Inert One") is the deification of the primordial watery abyss. In the Ogdoad cosmogony, the name nu means "abyss".

Nu, being a concept, was viewed as not having a gender, but also had aspects that could be represented as female or male as with most Egyptian deities. Naunet (also spelt Nunet) is the female aspect, which is the name Nu with a female gender ending.

Naunet is represented as a snake or snake-headed woman.

Ref: en.wikipedia.org...
Ref: en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2-12-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I gotcha. Sorry, I did misunderstand you. We were basically making the same argument from different rooms; I just wasn’t listening closely enough to hear everything you said.

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
You're right -- he didn't show how to build a pyramid

HOWEVER, the point is that he did show that one man could develop a way to move large stones without complex machinery

Also, an excellent point. Again, I think you are right in your assertion that some people are missing the point. Wally is not showing exactly how the pyramids, et al were built. But he IS showing how simple, fundamental techniques and tools can be utilized to achieve such feats.

Again, to the poo-pooers: this guy is doing this on a small scale with limited resources! If he had relatively unlimited time, labor and funding of an empire, his achievements would be proportionally that much greater.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Very nice example straight forward, out of the box and back into the box thinking. With these techniques one can surely built some awsome structures. But my gut says that this is not how some known mystery structures are done. Blocks like the huge ones erected in Baalbek must have seen some other incredible awsome ways.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
For ChenBreather and the rest, check out my new thread about the Pyramids. This guys tells how they too could have been built by human hands,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Thats a very interesting video. thanks. It left me with a couple of questions though.

How does he get that little stone under those big blocks?
I guess just leverage from that lever he uses to pivot the blocks around...

Also, wouldn't those big blocks just crush a little stone to dust?
Especially if you are grinding a massive block of stone around on top of it...?

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: serbsta
Almost all major civilizations have had Deluge myths, from Noah's Ark to the tales of Utnapishtim, Manu, Deucalion, Shanhaijing, the tale of Jormungandr, etc, etc. These are not 'global' deluge's, it's just each civilization thinking their own land is all there is and it was further sensationalized through story telling.

Ummm... but there WAS a global flood. It's called the end of the Ice Age... WHICH, strangely enough, coincides with the beginnings of "civilization," around 10,000 BC, depending on the region.
edit on 30-3-2015 by theCheddar because: Because I'm awesome

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join