It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired carpenter has techniques to move Stonehenge and Pyramid-size blocks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Great vid, funny how its so simple yet so effective. But the biggest question isnt how they built the pyramids and stone henge but why?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
The blocks are far from pyramid sized. I would like to see how he puts the horizontal slabs across the tops of the vertical ones.

He raised that block up 3 feet so getting it up 20 feet would be just more of the same process.

He might have to make some adjustments to the technique but it should work.

Thanks for posting this vid!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
The blocks are far from pyramid sized. I would like to see how he puts the horizontal slabs across the tops of the vertical ones.

Exactly, How would he have gotten the multiple 50 ton slabs of solid red granite to form the Queens chamber up that high. Also how would he have transported those same slabs from quarries of Aswan 600 miles to the south. Not to mention that if you where "lifting" these blocks with 40 people in shifts, how would you have lifted these blocks the higher you went especially on a pyramid that is slowly going from a large footprint (the base) to a smaller footprint the apex. You would need a girder complex to support the weight going straight up and then have it support the weight going perpendicular to the pyramid. And thats only the few problems with this and other theories, the things that would be needed gantry or a massive ramp would have been feets in and of themselves. A gantry that could support not only the weight of the blocks (7,000 pounds a minute unless you have steele cables that flaxen rope would have had to be replaced after every lift especially the higher you went) but the weight of individuals all over it and the weight of the gantry itself. For the Great Pyramid Cheops it would have at least been as tall as the pyramid itself 481 feet in the air, and to be honest it would have at least been 500 feet in order to clear the top and put the cap on the pyramid. Also with the ramp theory, that's even more problematic. They would have needed a ramp that is at least a couple of miles long so as to have a gradual incline to "pull" the blocks up onto the pyramids. They would also have had to build it to last at the same time building the ramp to gradually go higher to each level of the pyramid (481 feet as of now). The ramp alone would have been a landmark not easily to get rid of, and at the end it would have been three pyramids with their three ramps. Just look at the pyramids and imagine a ramp to the top and you will see how ridiculous that is on it's surface. And what about the heavy polished casing stones, etc. etc.. I've seen this guy on the other thread about how the pyramids could have been built on this website, and he's full of it.

Yes he can move heavy things, but he only answers the things that are semi-obvious. Yea by putting stones or using leverage you can move a large object around, but it's the infrastucture at the start during and at the end that stumps many of these theories. And not to let this go but I never heard of Baalbeck in Lebanon. There is Roman temples that are situated on massive cut blocks. The problem is that it was recorded that the Romans didn't build or cut these blocks, they built on top of the structure. and if you take a look at the Stone of the Pregnant Woman, you will see one of the largest cut stones ever in Baalbeck. Google Baalbeck and do your research on this area, it's also as old if not older than what people say it is. When I look at the pyramids and Baalbeck and other places, I get the feeling that these are ruins of not civilizations that we know, but of civilizations that may have existed 10,000 years ago if not longer.

We are a society that is looking at our past everyday, but our minds fail to accept this conclusion. And that is we are survivors of an ancient cataclysm that befalled a golden age of man thousands of years ago. What we see is whats left on the surface and also if possible whats left in the ocean (which used to be dry land). There is a Conspiracy of Silence in academia because of academic, religious and cultural self interest. If verifiable evidence was found in the Pyramids that showed that those structures where built 9,000 BC or earlier, it would take away the cultural ownership of the egyptians saying that they built it. The religious zealots would be at a loss to try to explain this to their view of how old the earth is and older still man and his accomplishments are. Academics would be in shock because everything they have believed and have written and even sweated blood and tears and even berrated others over not believing the established dictates, would be wrong. They would essentially have to relearn there profession over again. As I stated before in a post, it takes a big man to apologize, how big of a man or woman would it take to admit your whole life work is wrong?

www.s8int.com...

en.wikipedia.org...:Baalbek-stoneofpregnantwoman.jpg

www.s8int.com...

Eventually it will come out about our history and our accomplishments back at the dawn of time, it just takes much of the gatekeepers dying off and or losing touch with the world. We went from the horse drawn buggy to the moon in 90 years, in 90 years. Who's to say it wasn't done before and before that with different technology or technology we don't understand or haven't found officially.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yes, he's very clever, but I doubt he could load a truck full of his "sculpture" in what; 20 minutes? The way Ed Leedskalnin did.
Thanks for those vids, OpTiMuS_PrImE, I'd love to know his technique.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Sorry, have to call BS on this one.

The guy filming this was too quiet. Everyone knows you cannot be silent when you are filming something amazing. Plus, the camera guy didnt show reference points, how can we be sure there wasnt some super silent helicopter using wires to help him lift the pillar?

Furthermore, everyone KNOWS that the Druids made Stone Henge by holding hands in a circular fashion and wishing the stones on top of each other. The Egyptians sent out several invitations for subcontractors to bid the pyramid jobs, including one sent to the Druids. But the Egyptian govt being the General Contractor at the Giza site, they wanted to go with a domestic subcontractor, rather than the Druids who wanted to charge a hefty price for travel expense. CASE CLOSED

[edit on 25-11-2009 by WhiteDevil013]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Honestly, that shows me nothing. He's doing this with smaller stones that do not weigh in excess of over 200-500 tons, and he's doing it in a time of advanced technological research. Although he's doing it in a very simplistic manner, he is still a carpenter with updated skills.

Yes, we've created ways to do this ourselves, but, the mayan pyramids, the egyptian and the sumerian pyramids were built to perfection during an ancient period where there weren't any engineers with pre-conceived knowledge on how to construct buildings. ALSO, WHAT MACHINES DID THE EGYPTIANS HAVE TO CUT THE STONE? Because, I know that this guy didn't do it himself. Stone is usually cut at the quarries by huge machines that can handle such an undertaking. So, you're looking at this thousands of years later in 2009 as opposed to what they had at that time when they were building the "PYRAMIDS" and other megalithic creations.

The guy may be intelligent, but, this doesn't explain the precision of quality masonry during ancient times. Its a no go for me.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Pretty cool, but it has been proven just recently that the granite blocks, other solid cut stones used for the interior structures of the pyrimids were put there using similar techniques.(history channel show called "the lost pyramid" www.history.com... about the disassembled pyramid a ways from the 3 giza pyras., (in a military preserve so no-one can look at it and actually figure out/prove how it's done, therefore paving the way for billions of dollars in "research" to be done trying to figure out/prove how it's done!))

The filler blocks were "poured" in place, as it is done today.(framed with wood, then remove framing) With a previously unknown concrete formula, (also in that show).

The casing stones were all stolen by the "rat people" to build their homes/businesses.

Just proves how we are all lied to about how things were done in antiquity(they know how it is done, they just need to make stuff up so they can get grants to study their redictulous theories), we all are brain-washed into thinking that WE are SOOO Smart when actually we are, as a race of people, by far the stupidest we have ever been! Completely dependant on others to do everything for us,(if you believe that you can't change your own oil, then someone can start a business changing oil for you, then paying sales/use/disposal/ fees/income taxes to a govt who then uses that money to set up govt vacations/symposia paid for by you!

WAKE UP!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

True, I mean it is pretty incredible and ingenious that this Wally Wallington is able to do such things, but moving them is one thing. Having them perfectly aligned to constellations, incorporating the value of pi, etc, is something else entirely.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." -Albert Einstein.

A true genius, all he needs to work out is how the rest of the stones were placed on top.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

I thought it was wonderful. A regular person decides to work with weights that are capable of compressing him into a red, yellow and bone blotch, and he chooses to do it himself, using natural law instead of mechanical brawn.

I bet if you asked him what he thought about the pyramids, he'd probably ponder a while, sit down and start drawing. It's the kind of abstract reasoning that really has been the spirit of beneficial advancements. It's personally inspiring too, especially for a concrete dawg such as myself.

I always wanted a henge.

Edit to add:

Thanks for this thread. It's a keeper.

[edit on 25/11/09 by argentus]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I've seen this video referenced on this site about thirty times now.
Don't get me wrong, it is a good video, and obviously something for people to watch, so no problems with the thread.
My problem is that people actually tell themselves that people could have done this to build the pyramid. This dude is just really good at amplifying leverage. Good on him. But he's no engineer. And you would need to be a master of engineering to accomplish what was accomplished at Giza and elsewhere in the neohistoric world. The intricacies of the buildings have been spoken about at great length numerous times here and elsewhere on the internet. No need to rehash the same old tired statements.
I just think that this is doing exactly what proponents of conventional archaeology often accuse alternative theorists of doing. It is an argument from ignorance. "Wow, look what he just did! That was amazing. Therefore, that is how the Great Pyramid was built."
As if it is that easy.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yeah he can move them, but what happens when he tries this on the soft ground. The stone is just going to be pushed into the ground when that huge thing is on top of it.

I did stop watching part way through just because my movie finally loaded, so if their was something else that changed my previous statement, sorry.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

yeah Ed was great but i dont think they could have built the pyramids using this guys method just my thoughts.

Since you like Ed here's you 2 more videos someone claiming to decode Ed's work within masonry.

www.code144.com...

[edit on 25-11-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Very interesting.

How would anyone lift those stones in Baalbek in lebanon though?

Granite stones easily over 1100 tonnes each (bigger than the size of a double-articulated truck) and over 50 feet off the ground!

Furthermore, they were brought unscathed over 300 miles.

Even more interesting that...

Edit: To Star and Flag though

[edit on 25-11-2009 by NibiruWarrior]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Wow
I did not realize that a video thats in numorous threads on the pyramids, could get so many flags.
This is at least 3 years old and been in 10 or more threads.
Not that its not interesting, but wow, noticed that mostly it was new members, sorry for the rant..

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Wow, gee willakers, this guy must be an alien.

I always laugh to myself when peeps think the pyramids were made by aliens because of the logistics nightmares with their 50 ton stones.

Then I think of the 1,000 ton stones used as foundation stones under Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem and I'm at a loss for words.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by above

I want to se him work these kind of blocks.

lol. That's in Baalbek. It's the largest cut stone ever. No wonder it's still at the quarry!

The one who noted about simplifying the approach to problems is closer to the truths about these sorts of engineering and feats of applied physics.

Not everyone can do a card trick as simple as they may be.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by djusdjus]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Dude! This kinda reminds me of what my mom uses to move the couch or something heavy. She puts those plastic casters (I think that's what they're called) under the couch. She then slides the couch on those casters. The brand name of them is called "Moving Men".

Interesting stuff indeed!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Good stuff guys.
When I was young I was just as amazed as anyone with the ancient building techniques.
Now days I really appreciate how ingenious the old school builder were.
I work for a crane company and we are tested all the time when it comes to moving heavy objects that we can't get to with our cranes.
The other day we had to remove a three thousand pound broiler from a basement up a flight of stairs,down a hallway and through a room.
How did we do it?
Wood,ropes,bars and men.
As amazing as the pyramids are. I know how they had the brains,time, and manpower to do it.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Cool. Now let's see him move it across the grass, sand, and set one atop the others. Also, let's get some irregularity in the blocks, so they won't be perfectly balanced in the middle, and not square.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join