Retired carpenter has techniques to move Stonehenge and Pyramid-size blocks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
i would have liked to watch this be performed. i guess the ancients must have used a technique close to this one. i would also like to see this be done on the same scale as Stone Henge itself now!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
So, in Wally World can they also cut granite and diurite with only copper (Bronze Age) tools, as lamestream archaeology is forced to maintain? A ton equals 2000 pounds. The Wally stones were only a little over 10 tons. That's a far cry from the 70 to 80 ton GRANITE blocks around the "King's Chamber" inside the Great Pyramid (Khufu), and a WAY farther cry from the 750 to 1000 ton foundation megaliths at Baalbek (Lebanon), Jerusalem (Solomon's) and the Acropolis.

I think a great idea for a thread would be how the beginning of recorded history was the result of the dirty deeds of vampiric thieves/con artists who covered up the work of the more evolved ancients, and have tried to pass it off as "their own." Devolution, in other words, that's unchanged to this day.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dean Goldberry

Not sure of this Wally world you speak of.
Does not matter if the block weighs one ton or 100 tons you can still use it's mass as leverage.
All you need to be is smarter than the block.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

Great. Let's see Mr. Wallington or whatever Wile E. Coyote of a physics/engineering master actually STACK some 100 ton blocks, or otherwise place them in an elevated position, or simply build SOME kind of even rudimentary form of a truly megalithic structure - the "whole 9 yards." And let someone try to cut granite with copper tools without looking like the biggest idiot ever. The crickets still chirp.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

...It's a news show. Since when do news cameramen shout out commentary while filming?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Seems some of the posters are defensive about the whole pyramid thing. At least this guy took to learning how to do it. You can't handle the truth! Always wanted to say that.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

True, I mean it is pretty incredible and ingenious that this Wally Wallington is able to do such things, but moving them is one thing. Having them perfectly aligned to constellations, incorporating the value of pi, etc, is something else entirely.

There is nothing terribly special about measurements incorporating pi. Suppose I want to build a large 4-sided square structure. Each side has to be exactly the same length and I don't have a long enough tape measure or laser range finder, etc. I do happen to have a wheel that is exactly two feet in diameter.

So I place a mark on the the wheel and a stake in the ground. I start walking from the stake while rolling the wheel along until I have gone 20 revolutions, which I decide is long enough for a side. I do this for all four sides and set about building my structure.

Years later after I'm long gone, someone comes along and decides he wants to know how big my structure is. He has the tools to measure a side very accurately. Each side of structure is 125.663706143592 feet long. Thinking that is an odd measurement he suddenly realizes that pi, accurate to at least 13 decimal places, divides into the measurement exactly 40 times.

But the only thing I knew about pi was that apple with cinnamon was my favourite. I didn't know that the circumference of my wheel was the radius times 2 pi. I just knew that twenty revolutions of my wheel was long enough.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dean Goldberry

Would you believe you can split granite with wood?
Lets say your smart enough to see a large monolith in a granite cliff.
Next step you have the vision to see natural cracks in the stone that will give you the monolith you envision.
Use your manpower to extract the granite block.
Now that you have your block order your skilled stonemasons to shape it.
How?
With diabase- often called doleriter-ie-hammer stones.
Pulverize the granite into shape.
Wet sand and stone will burnish your surface to shine.
Or just kick back and watch aliens do it.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
Does not matter if the block weighs one ton or 100 tons you can still use its mass as leverage.
All you need to be is smarter than the block.

Exactly.

Also, the ‘debunkers’ here keep ignoring the fact that ol’ Wally is doing it by himself. Admittedly, maybe he has some assistance from his family – but it’s not as if he has a labor force numbering in the hundreds or thousands. Also, he’s doing it with his personal resources. It’s not as if he has the backing of an empire to achieve his goals. Imagine what he could do with those sorts of resources at his disposal!

It’s sort of sad when people keep ignoring the obvious and searching for some mythical explanation to something they don’t understand e.g. magic, aliens, Jedi mind tricks. It’s even sadder when they consider that kind of explanation the enlightened, logical thinking process.

Also, remember that our ‘advancement’ can also be a conceptually limiting factor. Our success with advanced technology often places the self-imposed burden of reliance on said technology for any or all answers. How many scientists do you know that are playing around with blocks of wood and stones in order to solve fundamental problems? Just because we rely on a laser or microchip to provide an answer doesn’t mean that sticks and stones can’t do it as well – or even better.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by passenger]

[edit on 25-11-2009 by passenger]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I said this on the other thread about this video, but that thread seems to have died, so I'll post it here...

Perhaps this isn't the same technique used by the Egyptians to build the Pyramids...However, this shows that there ARE IN FACT simple ways to move large stones without using modern machinery.

The Egyptians had the same brains we have, so they had the same capacity for solving problems and critical thinking skills that we have. There is every reason to believe that -- with practice -- a method could be developed for moving the pyramid stones into position...

...with no aliens required.

I never understood why the people who claim "ancient astronauts built the pyramids" never give the Egyptians any credit. Ancient Egyptians were modern humans, with the same intelligence we have. They weren't as stupid as these people seem to think.

If Leonardo da Vinci could design the great machines that he did -- mostly straight out of his imagination -- then potentially so could the Egyptians, straight out of their imaginations.

Just think what the Egyptians could accomplish with a modern human brain (perhaps they even had a couple of da Vincis), 1000 years of construction experience, and a lot of manpower. With all those things going for them, I think they could accomplish -- for example -- the construction of the Giza Pyramids.

[edit on 11/25/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

You had a really great post until you wrote this:

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
just think what the Egyptians could accomplish with a modern human brain (perhaps they even had a couple of da Vincis

A ‘modern’ brain? That’s the exact wrong thing to take away from this! Do you really think because Brittany Spears or Matt Damon possesses an MP3 player or desktop computer that they are somehow possessors of greater brain power than those that built the pyramids? Who is to say the ancients didn’t have dozens of da Vincis? They were just limited by what was available at the time.

You are correct in stating that they didn’t have enough time, I think. That’s the difference: just because they were starting from scratch and didn’t have the luxury of utilizing an accumulation of prior accomplishments, that we take for granted, was a limiting factor. But that doesn’t mean they weren’t just as smart or even smarter. Think about it this way: who was smarter – the person that discovered the wheel or the person that discovered the pneumatic tire?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I believe we forget about the past to point we believe we are past it.
This is why we repeat.
The past.
I for one, take for granted everything I think I have.
My power shut off last night I was F^cked.
Why?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I once gave a cashier $11 dollars because my total came to $5.49, he says "Sir you gave me too much money," and hands me back a dollar, well, I wanted a five back. Or a cashier that accidentally hits $100 dollars when you only gave him $10 on a $5 dollar purchase and they freak out! "I need a manager!"

My point is, with folks becoming so reliant on technology today to do the work for them, it's not hard to see why some expect some grand level of tech, so much so it has to be beyond the realms of science, to get jobs done, like the Great Pyramid or Stonehenge. When all it took was some innovation and wit (and lots of friends, tell them there is beer and women for all, surely many will come).

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I saw a documentary about the Egyptian obelisks a while back. They were trying to figure out how they were able to erect these things without machinery so they brought in all these archaeologists and the best method was designed by the carpenter who worked on the show.

He worked out a system using sand where the sand flowed out of a wooden box and stood the obelisks up using nothing but gravity. The method even explained a groove channel which has been found cut into the bases of the obelisks, it was there to allow the last of the sand to be brushed out.

Engineers are great and all that but when it comes to making things happen the carpenters usually have the best skills.

PBS: Raising the Obelisks

[edit on 25-11-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Nice to see some of you guys come out of wood work..

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Did they have water hoses back then to wash the sand away? Ha

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by passenger

Don't be swayed... modernized brain came from them.
Sorry...

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Well, this doesn't mean that ancients moved stones in such a way. Today we have modern equipment/technology and yet we build houses using bricks and concrete plates, but never 100 ton granite rocks. Why?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by strNick

Much to expensive.
Now days if you need elevate a structure you have "steel".
Back then you had "stone".
If you need to elevate in stone your limited to say..Hmm pyramid..
With steel, well let us see..

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dean Goldberry
So, in Wally World can they also cut granite and diurite with only copper (Bronze Age) tools, as lamestream archaeology is forced to maintain? A ton equals 2000 pounds. The Wally stones were only a little over 10 tons. That's a far cry from the 70 to 80 ton GRANITE blocks around the "King's Chamber" inside the Great Pyramid (Khufu), and a WAY farther cry from the 750 to 1000 ton foundation megaliths at Baalbek (Lebanon), Jerusalem (Solomon's) and the Acropolis.

I think a great idea for a thread would be how the beginning of recorded history was the result of the dirty deeds of vampiric thieves/con artists who covered up the work of the more evolved ancients, and have tried to pass it off as "their own." Devolution, in other words, that's unchanged to this day.

I totally agree, As I remember about Wally he says his technique is what he thought was used for STONEHENGE not the Pyramids. But the funny thing about his demonstration that the international newscaster and others ignore is how do yo but the top stone on top of the two stones that are upright by about 15 feet or more thats number one. Number two, since all of wallys stone movements are done on a flat concrete surface, how would his experiment have worked walking a large stone across mud and grass and wet conditions and before any of the others start saying that they at stone henge could have used what Wally did make a wooden tread that allow movement of an object you should consider a few things. His wooden tread was NAILED together to allow some form of movement, also even the wood was on a CONCRETE flat surface (so that the 300 pound stone wouldn't push it into the ground, no telling how a 19,000 pound or heavier stone would have pushed on soil).

A few of the posters have went back to the casting or concrete issue for the pyramids and that has a few problems as I have said before on this subject in a previous thread. One, it's a waste of energy and time to pour individual blocks the size of men and weighing 3.5 tons a piece. It would have been easier to pour long strips (like a concrete wall) so that you wouldn't have to have thousands of men making sure the forms are right and perfect for each one of the 7 million stones. And two, how did they get the concrete substance up to the higher levels without risking it setting improperly. If you say they ran it up like a bucket brigade, you would have needed a gantry that was massive and able to hold thousands of individuals on it in the process of pouring the buckets of solution to harden. And if not the only other way and is a way we use today is to use a pump that is able to push the concrete up 500 feet and that means an engine pump. Also those wooden forms would have had to been water or solution tight in order to not have the pour start spilling out from the bottom and coating the blocks on the bottom. And then why haven't we seen wood pieces in between the blocks. Because if each block was set side by side in forms until they hardened, it would have been impossible for them to remove the forms that where next to other blocks because of the weight. And I'm not even going to mention where they got all the wood to do the construction and use as one time forms for 7 milliion blocks (remember the didn't and couldn't use the date palms because for one they ate dates and two not all forms are equal).

It's the logistics and the infrastructure that gets them all the time. For the people who believe in the pour theory look into the issues and problems associated with pouring concrete. Those individuals and con-men have done the world a disservice by coming upon said ruins and making up a stories saying they did this and they did that. Go to Lloyd Pye's website and look into his explanations dealing with the pyramids, interesting stuff.

Also on another thread a few months back on this same theory of megaliths but in regard to Pumapunku, somebody made a comment about the WALKING TREES in Mayan or Peruvian myth. I'm wondering if anybody can post or knows about this myth because after I heard that I started to wonder about the Megalithic structures in South America and other places. And this goes straight to science fiction (which our past may eventually be like) What if these Walking Trees where really giant automated or manned machines that did the heavy lifting and placing of the stone when needed, and when I mean machine I mean a form of Mech. Far fetch, but it could explain why we don't see a massive batch plants or massive digging machines and cutting machines lying about. Just that if anybody knows anything about the Trees myth I would like to know because that could point or not point to another part of the puzzle.

www.lloydpye.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join