It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking the advice and input of ATS members on an important issue...

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
i'm in.
i don't want this thing to be a future thing of lore.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The founders of our nation pledged their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor.
I do the same.
And I am afraid of what is happening to the Republic.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I believe that FREEDOM is what most of us
are looking for.
Now is when we should find a solution.

It is interesting that we only have one choice as
far as the net goes.

Maybe we need another internet or more that
"Floats" over the the one that we now have.

Would you like REGULAR or UNLEADED?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by briantaylor
I have a great deal more to say on this matter but I'm holding my tongue (fingers?). It's amazing what one can learn about a person in only a few lines.

I don't really understand why you are 'holding out' on telling everyone what you want to say...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Count me in as well. I agree that we should try to protect small sites like ATS. Bring on the petition.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

It would be best to say what you have to say now while you still have the freedom to say it.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Being counted in on this should be a no brainer. Take it a step further and write your congressional representatives as well.

The internet is the most REVOLUTIONARY communications device since the Gutenberg press. We cannot let them take it away. A world wide open exchange of ideas and problem solving exists like never before.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I completely support the effort and am glad that ATS is taking a proactive stance!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'm all for campaigns against big government; globalism; etc. in all it's forms, including this one.

HOWEVER,

I also deplore greedy excesses on the part of some ad folks.

COULDN'T THERE BE A MIDDLE GROUND?

How about 2-3 levels of tolerance of ads?

Say on a site such as ATS, everyone not members would have to see the most ads and suffer the most info collected.

Members would have less ads and less info collected from them.

Perhaps paid subscription folks would have none of either.

I resent big government fiercely.

I resent intrusive advertisers profilling me ALMOST as much.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I would definitely support an on-line petition. Our freedoms are too important and too threatened during this sad time in America. Anything to stop the socialization of our great country!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
As a owner operator of a very small web site I will support you in any way that will help. Its plain and simple helping you helps me, and those that frequent my site. I make a little money from advertising but never enough to pay the bills but it helps. If this goes threw I will make no advertising money to pay the bandwidth bills and my site will have to shut down. So you have my support.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
i will sign the petition. i cant believe the length's to which crooked politicians go to help their elitist corporate friends. this disgusts me. where is the freedom in america?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Whatever has to be done, count me in.

They are removing our freedoms at an alarming rate these days.
IMO, this is just a way to silence the dissidents and those opposing
govt control of our lives.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
They'll do what they want regardless of what we say.

never the less, count me in!

Ballot box, jury box, cartridge box.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I am in. The internet must remain unteathered from any kind of control by government. it was just a matter of time before some idiot would make a proposal such as this.

This is free speech by it's very definition and to lose any part of that would do more damage to public freedom than just about any other form of oppression.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The web may be the best that,s happened in my lifetime , and i,m pretty old. Go for it, I will support it.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
You have my full support. Please, if there is anything I can do, or any service I can render in any capacity let me know. If a petition is circulated I would definately sign.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I support a petition. I doubt it will matter because legislators don't really care about the public tbh but i'll sign one for sure and hope it works.

This is a great site and i would hate to see it or any site like it go

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

Dude
We here at ATS know you are anti US so lets not BS everybody!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I think a petition is just a first step. What we need is a media campaign, a movement of independent companies and individuals who operate on the internet to sound off with one powerful voice.

Consider it signed.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join