It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking the advice and input of ATS members on an important issue...

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I would support a petition but there are already simple ways to block third party cookies and ads if you wanted to.

A few thoughts......

Online petitions rarely accomplish anything.

The politicians don't really care what you think, or want, anyway.

If 'they' want something passed, it will be passed, even if it has to be reintroduced or quietly attached to other unrelated legislation.

If it passes someone will just find a way to circumvent it. I'm not the best coder but it would probably be simple to create a script to defeat the legislation. Something that grabs the cookies and serves them to the public. Like a middle man. The cookies would then be, technically, coming from the visited site and not a third party even though they are working for the third party.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

If we (ATS) were to organize an online petition effort, would you support that?

Sure thing. I don't see this legislation going too far anyway. I'm sure that there are many more sites that are going to be working toward crushing this as well. Any effort that is devised here, I will support.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
If you think that an online petition will help, or be a step in the progression of saving this site, and many others, then there's no way I'm not in.

This is a brilliant website, without which the time that I spend on the net would be so boring in comparison to what it is with it. Anyway what I'm saying is I, along with so many others, love this webiste. It's full of fantastic ideas and absolutely great people; to see it go would be a real shame.

Ramadwarf on saving ATS

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I will support any action that will protect this site. Though I spend more time reading than posting, I consider ATS to be a significant source of knowledge and wisdom that is rarely found online. If it is a petition, I will sign it. If letters need to be writen, I will write them. If phone calls need to be made, I will dial the number. This travisty of what amounts to small website genocide must be stopped!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Count me in.

I have already written Congress and the Senate about this issue.

Read my location.........the powers that exist do not want us "slaves" talking to each other. There is power in "real" information being passed.

The propaganda we are fed via all the major media does not want the average man to know what is really going on.

"They" want us to "obey", "consume", "money is your god", "no independent thought", "stay asleep", "conform".

Mankind is finally awakening and largely in part to "the net".

"They" desperately want us to remain asleep.

United we stand - divided we fall.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This thread sounds like 'not in my backyard'. If the data also gets used for other purposes behind the ads, to your detriment, are you still for it.

A different business model will evolve.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Count me in. The internet is our last bastion for freedom of speech. We CANNOT allow this to happen. The sixties came and went. In the words of the great Nelson Mandela:

"Sometimes it falls upon a generation to be great. You can be that great generation."

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I wanna just say that I don't think petitions will be very effective when dealing with such tyrant, control freak, power hungry leaders. They can just use aggression to get whatever they want no matter what any people like us can do. Infiltrating them & sabotaging their efforts of complete control would be the most useful thing to do at this point. Of course, they can tell us to use petitions or other nicey-nice means to handle these matters. Only so the greatest of thinkers among us can be killed in car accidents, etc.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
How does the lack of third party cookies mean the end of the internet?

The internet existed before their implementation. Basically this sounds like people believe that without advertising using cookies there would be no internet.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Count me in!! Anything to stop these Nazi scum bags that are running our country into the ground.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Count me in!!! I am so tired of these morons in office. I love sites like ATS and I dont want to see them disappear. This is all because they dont want us to know what is really going on. Screw them! I'll sign anything to keep these sites going!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

You can count on me

So many sites are worried and rightly so, if ATS was not here I would get rid of my laptop and internet

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This site is a wonderous and awesome place. To think it is at risk is unthinkable. To think it is at risk along with so much else on internet is unthinkable.

Not to support you in your efforts to combat "them" is unthinkable.

To say YES to what you propose is thankable. And I so think: Thank You

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Because I hate government intervention on anything that has to do with free speech I want to sign any petition

Still, killing the small web sites will ensure more control for the big fat rats to monopolize content.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It's interesting yet typical that a politician would propose to "protect our privacy" by taking away freedom of speech.

Problem, Reaction, Solution.

Set up a web wide campaign to spread awareness.

Create a mock up of what the web would look like if this joker gets his way. That would be funny, scary, and effective. Like that futuristic pizza order flash animation that went around a few years ago.

I'll sign a petition if you make one.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
count me in too,I would gladly sign a petition

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
i'm in. I'm from Belgium but, i care about the freedom U.S citizens have, especially over the last remaining free-speech source, the internet.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
i suppose it was only a matter of time with the internet as our freedoms disappear one by one. i will support any effort to stop this happening although i think we always knew this was inevitable. it comes as no surprise to me that they say "IT'S FOR OUR OWN GOOD"

WHY ARE SO MANY PEOPLE BLIND TO WHAT IS HAPPENING

[edit on 26-11-2009 by william76]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
i support it all the way

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
We would be fools to resist this obvious plea for help.

I thank the staff in advance for bringing the conversation to the boards and for us being able to give our opinion.

This is a problem. This legislation is not right. It's being sold under false pretenses and resembles much of this whole Internet2 Idea we've seen in the last decade or so.

I think that a petition should be widely circulated, not only on ATS but on various other conspiracy forums or web sities which are similar to ours and who would like to join forces as a community.

I hope you all keep us updated of the situation, and I look forward to doing whatever I can to help.

God Speed ATS!

~Keeper

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join