It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking the advice and input of ATS members on an important issue...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I'm in.

I was thinking we need a battle plan though. A petition is one thing, but we need something concrete to go after this guy.

I think you should start a donation fund and start a gurella(sp?) campaign against this guy in his district. Billboards cost to much, but you can get thousands of flyers printed out for a few hundred bucks.

I say we make up a fly that states this guy is against small business that has the web address to the bill he is proposing. Have to sensationalize it a little, but if we are going to play this game we have to play by their rules.

Also Skeptic, maybe you can make use of any lobbying contacts you have made. We should also need to find out who has co-sponsored the bill and do the same to them.

The only thing that are going to make these guys stop is to threaten their job. It would also be helpful to dig up any dirt on him too and put it in the flyer. Good old gurellia marketing will reach more people and be cheaper than a billboard.

So yes I will sign a petition, but I am also willing to donate monetarily in order to stop the erosion of our rights.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Where do I sign? This is just one more attempt to take over the net. They will keep trying again and again unitl they do so. I wish to put that day off as long as possible but I am afraid in the end they will get what they want. I fear that the internet is now at is zenith. It is going to go down hill from here. I fear that in 5 years (or less) the internet we have now will be dead and gone or at least changed to the point we do not recognize any more. The "peope's" internet is in danger. This bill and ones like it will kill countless of 1,000's of web site and small businesses. Only the big sites will around. And there to will lose in the end as fewer and fewer people will even use the net any more. Be afraid, be very afraid.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
You have my full support

And thank you as well for all you have always done for us.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Internet threat? Bollocks.

This alleged threat is totally exaggerated if not completely fabricated.
It's a way of reducing independent websites and allowing the mainstream internet to reign and dictate within its glorious boundaries of ignorance.

If there's a petition count me in. I just hope it amounts to something.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
i think its a great idea.. to be honest i wouldnt think ud have to ask any ATSers if it was a good idea. love each other or hate each other, im certain we'd all go to bat for the site.

that said im assuming its only US citizens that can sign..

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
You have my vote.

Second line --- I think this is pathetic and the twat should be kicked rather hard. I am the first to volunteer!

- Oni

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I'l sign, count me in. It'd be great if my other 5 or so personalities could sign as well. They did it to me, everytime the government shuts me down , i have to start up a new me. I am endless, and overtime, with any luck....the government is not.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Oh, it' s on!!!

Without a robust, independent on-line media presence, the media monopolies can feed the masses all the filtered, pre-approved, mind-numbing, soul-crushing crap they want.

We have to pull together and take a stand for independent information and free thought.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Alright, (phew) that was close.
Listen everybody, all SkeptOverlord wants is to get an impression of what we think.
We can't go running off willy nilly causing things to happen.
Imagine what would happen if we actually accomplished something here!
Changing minds, changing laws, acting based on being incentivised by and arranged by some (any) person or group of people on ATS.
It's a fantastic dream.
One that is strictly forbidden.

Everybody take a deep breath and calm down.
We need to be a board of little Fonzie's, and what's Fonzie like?
He's cool.
Are you cool?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
lets get this petition up and going ASAP.....................we should all link it to our facebook and social networking accounts to bring as much attention to this issue as we can !!

[edit on 25-11-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I think, by the continued, unhindered existence of the majority of this thread, that decorum has all but ceased to exist.
It didn't even take long.
It's the Lord of the Flies

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

I don't know about you, but I'm a citizen of the USA which means this country is for the people by the people. Which means we have the RIGHT to change the laws and actually accomplish something.

The time is fast approaching, where do you stand? Are you going to "be cool" while the corruption runs rough shed over us, or are you actually going to stand for something?

Because the pace at which things are moving, it will be illegal to stand for anything that isn't government approved.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Calm down please. I'm not saying there aren't things that need to be done. I'm saying you can not arrange such things on ATS.

It's against the rules.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

Skeptic Overlord is one of the Owners of the site, he has the liberty to break the rules.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by briantaylor
I think, by the continued, unhindered existence of the majority of this thread, that decorum has all but ceased to exist.
It didn't even take long.
It's the Lord of the Flies

Your metaphor is fallacious.

Decorum is the ability for all people to discuss without the need to worry about financial issues. I would never have signed up if there was a fee. Not because I disagree with the site. But because I don't have the bank account...because I am "off the board".

Decorum is mindset. Not a law. Not legislation. It is a willingness to accept alternative perspectives in the interest of reaching consensus. It's the social application of the scientific method.

Corporate interest on their level discourages decorum. Precisely because there seems to be (implicit perhaps) a mind to direct our attentions.

On ATS, we can voice our opinions. Here we can argue. With decorum and civility.

The Lord of The Flies denoted "unintelligent social interaction" as a theme. That is not ATS in my opinion...precisely because we enforce decorum. If there is a ludicrous idea, it is imperative that we as a community help to explain why.

Such is the nature of responsible community interaction.

And that is what we are defending.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by briantaylor
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Calm down please. I'm not saying there aren't things that need to be done. I'm saying you can not arrange such things on ATS.

It's against the rules.

Erm, what good are rules if there isn't a site?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Skeptic Overlord is one of the Owners of the site, he has the liberty to break the rules.

It should be noted that this thread was created to gauge the reaction to making an exception to the rule.

We have (or are deciding) whether we should "break the rule"...for the interest of all of us.

Big Media does not have an earmark on information.

We do.

Edit for spelling.

[edit on Wed, 25 Nov 2009 20:53:36 -0600 by MemoryShock]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
shut the site down, and reload it based on a IP hidden server and if so use onion layered encryption or PGP.

Not allow non members to see what is being written, and filter out known government IP's and ban them, bitguardian is similar.

Use a CGI proxy.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lavey2
bitguardian is similar.

Or take after Pirate Bay. That website just will not die!

I'm all up for it.

If that's what it takes to keep speech free, and not a corporate product, so be it.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Lavey2

But how do new people, who are 'waking up' and become interested in making changes, find this group and decide to join?

I say, rulz are meant to be broken.

I will sign a petition against this new proposed 'law'.

ATS: You can count on me, cuz I'll be there.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join