It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fortune telling is demonical, as I also wonder you want it to be revealed for hope or something...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I started to realize.....

At a time, something succeeds in getting you down, and you start to wonder if life holds anything for you. Your trust in life gets broken by it. Demons get a hold on your self esteem, your confidence, somehow they are able to succeed. The thought of knowing what will happen in your life could get you on top again, and afterwards, it didn't at all. You have been deceived.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Life in your mind gets boring, untill it suddenly pops. You get to hate it. I don't want this discouragement anymore.

You start to grow and get strenght in it because of insight and understanding. Knowing.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here?

That fortune telling is demonic?

Sorry, your writing isn't very clear.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

This is a paranormal forum and your thread is about religion and personal believes I guess you got the wrong forum here.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Hey there 'EW',

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you just say (in your other thread) that some of the Tarot cards have biblical overtones ?

If so does that mean you think the bible is demonic ?

I'm confused ... please clarify if you can.

Woody (the non-demonic, tarot reading, witch) oops !

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Ultimately you may find the biggest demon is yourself, your egotism and that these matters come about as way of it trying to survive through deceit and trickery. Being heavily involved in "fortune telling" activities is a way the ego uses to preserve itself by denying self-realization and thus God-realization.

If I personally tap into knowledge and insight to gain foreknowledge on probable future events, I hardly consider it demonic-- call it reason and intuition if you will. It is effectively fortune telling.

Methods of divination should not substitute for trusting one's inner being. They can help guide thinking in unexpected ways as a way to peer out of one's own self-imposed constraints. Just keep it in perspective.

The same really goes for channeling. I don't put much stock in channeled information. It is far too open to manipulation by the channeled entities and if your own ego has not been killed, your own unconscious distortions, to be taken at face value.

Get back in touch with the source-- know thyself-- first. That's the mission.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
OP, this is the 1st post of yours that I've read, I think!?! Yer newer know...
So I'm wondering, is English a 2nd language for you? If not, please dont take offence, but I dont really get what you're saying?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
yeah, damn, second language, did I came over that clear?

woodwytch, about those cards. The logic is the biblical overtones mean nothing. I can draw the red sea opened with the people of Israel going through it, it means nothing at all. The biblical overtone is of no influence. It doesn't make a deck of cards holy. nja...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

This is a paranormal forum and your thread is about religion and personal believes I guess you got the wrong forum here.

fortune telling is spiritism.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'll give it another shot.

In the bible in Acts chapter 16 there is Paul and Silas whom met a slave girl with another spirit in her and it was because of the spirit she could tell fortune (or how do you say that LOL, this gets kind of funny now)

ah well. It is because of another spirit in herself. It's not a right thing. In my bible it states it is a demon that was with her. Admit there is something deceitfull about fortunetelling. It tries to lead you to such people and find them interesting. Seduction. And what the hell is the use of ever knowing?? It is not liked by God.

Spiritism is a bad thing. I say unto thee, in the name of Lord Jesus Christ for all to become undone of all spirits!!! yeah..

Makes me happy again.

new topics

top topics

join