It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatred for Christians

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster

I never said all Atheists hate Christians... Please forgive me if I gave that impression... i Believe it is only a minority of Atheists who hate Christians... I just want to know why!!

I have experienced this hatred first hand... I have had things said to me in the work place that are so bigoted, if they were used in the same way regarding sex or colour the person would lose their job.

But, for some reason, it is acceptable to poke fun at and abuse Christianity.

They do it because it is easy, and safe. Christians, as they are today, won't kick their butts. Jews will, Islamics will, Hindus will, Buddhists might all depending on the sect. They are cowards in that they don't demonstrate the same level of hatred in the same way toward other religions. They are atheists of convenience.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

OK you sound like quite a literate person,good.

I FULLY believe and support most everything jesus is reported to have said.
I don't believe the "only through me"bit, that sounds like the use only approved parts in your car mess.
Isn't his message more important than his name?

As a direct descendant of adam and eve am I not ALSO the son of god?(just kidding people,no need to nail me to anything!)

If I hold "original sin" for the sins of eve and the apple,how do Christians NOT bear responsibility for all the atrocities committed by their church's fathers?

And if we cannot commit adultery without it being a sin,how can god impregnate a man's wife without so much as a by your leave or hello how are you?
she was married to Joseph and GOD got her pregnant

BY GODS OWN LAW he should be stoned to death.
but hey I mean she was asking for it wearing a robe that showed too much of her ankles.

sorry if these questions sound hostile,I had a few years catholic school and won't go within two yards of a nun.
So i'm hating the sin and not the sinner so to speak.
:-)

[edit on 5-12-2009 by the_grand_pooh-bah]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Sigh, another poor christian carrying the cross for christ. Will the torture never end, ... woe is meeeeee !!

I guess alot of the anti christian sentiment is brought on by the small minded view's of your fellow followers.

I don't really make anti christian posts, ... but I often try to wake them up.

It's like watching a man walking into a river full of crocodiles, .... I'm just trying to warn them but they dont' listen and cant' see where their going because they can't see past their bibles.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I have given this some thought too. I believe it is simply because it's the local religion of the Western world, that many people have grown up feeling annoyed/bored with, or felt that it's trying to limit them in some way. A more exotic religion, like Buddhism, seems to be far more attractive and tolerable. The hatred towards Christianity is largely unfair, in my opinion, and says more about people's attitude towards religion than the religion itself. There are beautiful ideas in Christianity that help people too.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca

“Of all religions, Christianity is without a doubt the one that should inspire tolerance most, although, up to now, the Christians have been the most intolerant of all men” Voltaire

“As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit atrocities” Voltaire

[edit on 6-12-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

your religion teaches you to turn the cheek,

Our religion teaches us to give the other cheek.Not to walk away.

Matthew 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

FYI

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_grand_pooh-bah
reply to post by troubleshooter

I FULLY believe and support most everything jesus is reported to have said.
I don't believe the "only through me"bit, that sounds like the use only approved parts in your car mess.
Isn't his message more important than his name?

There were two separate consequences to the fall of man.

1. Adam lost access to the Tree of Life that had the nutrients necessary to maintain physical life indefinitely.
2. Adam lost the fellowship of the Spirit.

What Jesus did reversed these two consequences...

1. He defeated death and transformed into a new physicality..
...that believers too will receive at the first resurrection.
2. His Spirit came to dwell in all who believe.

There is simply no other solution to the human condition.

As a direct descendant of adam and eve am I not ALSO the son of god?(just kidding people,no need to nail me to anything!)

If I hold "original sin" for the sins of eve and the apple,how do Christians NOT bear responsibility for all the atrocities committed by their church's fathers?

If someone steals your identity and they kill and steal...
...how are you responsible for their actions?

And if we cannot commit adultery without it being a sin,how can god impregnate a man's wife without so much as a by your leave or hello how are you?
she was married to Joseph and GOD got her pregnant

BY GODS OWN LAW he should be stoned to death.
but hey I mean she was asking for it wearing a robe that showed too much of her ankles.

Mary was betrothed (promised) to Joseph but not married.

Is a gynecologist that implants a test-tube baby guilty of adultery?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Because Christianity and the other Abrahamic faiths base their entire doctrine on text which implicitly dictate murder of non-believers - no question about that very explicit.

Any moral code which is operating outside of that - is done in the name of said religion - and also implicitly murders, torture, segregates, denigrates, persecutes, based on the creeds of the religion.

I am yet to hear of atheists waging wars in the name of Atheism - never happened. (Atheists may have engaged in it - however unlike christians, arabs, jews) have never actually carried it out in the name of atheism.

All you need to know.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

I do not consider the human condition as a problem needing a solution. I do have my own moral ideals of how people should behave but christianity (as a religion) has not shown itself to be leader in morality.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley

I do not consider the human condition as a problem needing a solution. I do have my own moral ideals of how people should behave but christianity (as a religion) has not shown itself to be leader in morality.

So you don't see disease, death and selfishness as a problem?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley

So you don't see disease, death and selfishness as a problem?

Disease and death are not caused by the supernatural so christianity is not the solution to them.

..and selfishness? the Catholic church has been telling people not to be selfish for eons. They just tell people to put their money in the collection plate instead.

Christianity has NEVER stopped people from being selfish.. and you are here telling people that your belief is the only belief that is right so I don't see it curing your own selfishness. What an ego.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by riley]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
To the OP.

Lots of talking in this thread. It can all be boiled down to fear.

Humans tend to fear what they don't understand.

You have faith in a Deity.

I do not believe one exists.

For many (on either side of the argument) this is enough for at best a general hatred, at worst pogroms/jihads/crusades/revolution and bloody slaughter of the "opponent".

Not all think that way, but it does appear to be a very dominant trait even now.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Violent, hatred, judgemental and trying to control others just like the fantical Moslems - all the qualities humanity must now grow out of.

I thought this was a thread was about hatred for christians not avatars?

[edit on 6-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
There is definately something dodgey about a collective group of people who believe in an invisible being who lives in the clouds and is at the same time " omni present " , who loves you but will throw you into a firey pit if you step out of line . Funny how this all knowing ,all seeing , all powerful dude is always short of a dollar or two !!!.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by mjtwelve]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Muckster

I don't like your avatar.

Violent, hatred, judgemental and trying to control others just like the fantical Moslems - all the qualities humanity must now grow out of.

Er... ok... I take it you have never seen the big lebowski then?

It’s a joke!!

Not aimed at any particular group of people... just a joke!

Dude... Chill out

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by EdCase512
To the OP.

Lots of talking in this thread. It can all be boiled down to fear.

Humans tend to fear what they don't understand.

You have faith in a Deity.

I do not believe one exists.

For many (on either side of the argument) this is enough for at best a general hatred, at worst pogroms/jihads/crusades/revolution and bloody slaughter of the "opponent".

Not all think that way, but it does appear to be a very dominant trait even now.

OK... this is what i am talking about...

I don’t not agree with this reply... however, I respect EdCase512's opinion and the fact that he got his point across without hatred, inflammatory remarks and childish snipes. It is simply an opinion that is different to mine. (Star for you)

I am getting a lot of responses saying thing like...

Sigh, another poor christian carrying the cross for christ. Will the torture never end, ... woe is meeeeee !!

This is missing the point... its not about people who disagree or don’t believe in Christianity... it’s about hatred... When people post deliberately inflammatory comments. How can you expect people not to respond when faced with such hatred?

I have never had a problem with a good honest and open debate about religion.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by Muckster]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

If a Christian hates he can't truly be a Christian.

You should get 100 stars for the best response on this thread.

Short sweet and to the point.

Live long and prosper.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You are most correct and I edited my previous comment.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I feel sorry for people that have to turn to christianity to sort their life out. I see these people like I see people that have an IQ of 80. Borderline retarded.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by truthtothemasses

I feel sorry for people that have to turn to christianity to sort their life out. I see these people like I see people that have an IQ of 80. Borderline retarded.

Well thats not a very nice thing to say.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join