It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatred for Christians

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tungus

You have just lost me on your train of thought

As far as having knowledge when being with god. Isn't this the same god that kicks people out of paradise precisely for possessing knowledge?

FYI, It was the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hate for people is STILL hate!
If they are consumed by an evil spirit, you THINK it's the person you hate but it is hate for the SPIRIT!
Jeshua said love your enemy, pray for them, do good to them! In so doing, you may see them saved from torment and become good for mankind!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
[removed quote of previously actioned content]

I know its not ATSs fault but there should really be some sort of screening or an age limit before people like this are aloud on this site. This is ridiculous

Ill pray for you brother. Peace!

[edit on 7-12-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Alright let's agree on this, I HATE REPUBLICANS!
Lol but seriously, I to myself am somewhat of a moderate Christian, I don't bring of much of Church into my heart as to base my daily life and actions on it, but I do believe in morals, but will never say "oh you can't do that, that is not Christian behavior" cause that in it's own way is somewhat opressive, and being a teenager, I extremely disliked being taken to Church on a Sunday morning, because Religion should not be forced on someone for the sake of it, if the person doing it know the person receiving the religion will dislike it. Now if i had my own choice to choose whether to go to church or not, I just might be willing to go if it were in my own will and not forced upon me to shovel and spoon down my throat.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthtothemasses
I feel sorry for people that have to turn to christianity to sort their life out. I see these people like I see people that have an IQ of 80. Borderline retarded.

You do realize Christians as well as Muslims or Hindus, for that matter, come from all walks of life,
Doctors, teachers, physicists, scientists, they are not retarded or stupid,

en.wikipedia.org...

(1924-2009) Father Jaki June 2007.jpg Benedictine priest and Distinguished Professor of Physics at Seton Hall University, New Jersey, who won a Templeton Prize and advocates the idea modern science could only have arisen in a Christian society. Seton Hall University site.[28]
[edit] Living

As suggested this section concerns significant Christian thinkers in science who are alive today. Those who lead organizations of Christians in science or who write works concerning how Christians of today respond to science. Interest in this has increased in recent decades due to continued controversies and recognition from awards like the Templeton Prize.
Name Image Reason for inclusion Sources
Charles Hard Townes
(born 1915) Mainstgvl.jpg In 1964 he won the Nobel Prize in Physics and in 1966 he wrote The Convergence of Science and Religion. He is originally from Greenville, South Carolina, which is pictured. University of California, Berkeley[29] and Templeton Prize's site.[30]
Ian Barbour
(born 1923) Carleton chapel.JPG A physicist who wrote Christianity and the Scientists in 1960, and When Science Meets Religion ISBN 0-06-060381-X in 2000. For years he taught at Carleton College, hence their chapel is pictured. Templeton Prize site.[31]
Freeman Dyson
(born 1923) Freeman Dyson.jpg He has won the Lorentz Medal, the Max Planck Medal, and the Lewis Thomas Prize. He also ranked 25th in The 2005 Global Intellectuals Poll. He has won the Templeton Prize and delivered one of the Gifford Lectures. New York Review of Books
Allan Sandage
(born 1926) M82 HST ACS 2006-14-a-large web.jpg An astronomer who did not really study Christianity until after age forty. He wrote the article A Scientist Reflects on Religious Belief and made discoveries concerning the Cigar Galaxy which is pictured. The religion essay, astronomy article, Bruce Medalist page, and Science and the spiritual quest: new essays by leading scientists by W. Mark Richardson, pg 52
John Polkinghorne
(born 1930) Johnpolkinghorne.jpg British particle physicist and Anglican priest who wrote Science and the Trinity (2004) ISBN 0-300-10445-6. Winner of the 2002 Templeton Prize. His own website.[32]
Owen Gingerich
(born 1930) MnF=postcard.jpg Mennonite astronomer who went to Goshen College and Harvard. An old picture of Goshen is shown. Mr. Gingerich has written about people of faith in science history. Space.com[33] and Cambridge Christians in Science.[34]
John T. Houghton
(born 1931) JohnHoughtonHighWycombe20050226 CopyrightKaihsuTai.jpg He is the co-chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and won a gold medal from the Royal Astronomical Society. He's also former Vice President of Christians in Science. [www.cis.org.uk... Christians in Science
R. J. Berry
(born 1934) UCL Portico Building.jpg He is a former president of both the Linnean Society of London and the Christians in Science group. He also wrote God and the Biologist: Personal Exploration of Science and Faith (Apollos 1996) ISBN 0-85111-446-6 As he taught at University College London for over 20 years its main building is pictured. iv press and Christians in Science
Michał Heller
(born 1936) StMarysBasilicaInterior.JPG He is a Catholic priest, a member of the Pontifical Academy of Theology, a founding member of the International Society for Science and Religion.' He also is a mathematical physicist who has written articles on relativistic physics and Noncommutative geometry. His cross-disciplinary book Creative Tension: Essays on Science and Religion came out in 2003. For this work he won a Templeton Prize. He teaches at Kraków, hence the picture of a Basilica from the city. Templeton Foundation, Journal of Mathematical Physics, and ISSR
Ghillean Prance
(born 1937) Eden project tropical biome.jpg A noted botanist involved in the Eden Project, which is pictured. He is also the current President of Christians in Science. CiS interview
Donald Knuth
(born 1938) KnuthAtOpenContentAlliance.jpg (Lutheran) The Art of Computer Programming and 3:16 Bible Texts Illuminated (1991), ISBN 0-89579-252-4 His website.[35]
Eric Priest
(born 1943) United College University of St Andrews.JPG An authority on Solar Magnetohydrodynamics who won the George Ellery Hale Prize among others. He has spoken on Christianity and Science at the University of St Andrews and is a member of the Faraday Institute. An image from St. Andrews is shown. He is also interested in prayer, meditation, and Christian psychology. Faraday Institute and Eric Priest's website
Henry F. Schaefer, III
(born 1944) H F Schafer.jpg He wrote Science and Christianity: Conflict or Coherence? ISBN 0-9742975-0-X and is a signatory of A Scientific Dissent From Darwinism. He was awarded the American Chemical Society Award in Pure Chemistry in 1979. University of Georgia Athens
Robert T. Bakker
(born 1945) Allosaurus skull SDNHM.jpg Paleontologist who was a figure in the "dinosaur Renaissance" and known for the theory some dinosaurs were Warm-blooded. He is also a Pentecostal preacher who advocates theistic evolution and has written on religion. Interview with him at Prehistoric planet and a Spiritual site linked to him
Kenneth R. Miller
(born 1948) BrownScienceLibrary1.JPG A biology professor at Brown University who wrote Finding Darwin's God ISBN 0-06-093049-7, The picture is of Brown's Science Library. St. Petersburg Times[36]
Francis Collins
(born 1950) Francis Collins.jpg He is the director of the US National Human Genome Research Institute. He has also written on religious matters in articles and in Faith and the Human Genome he states the importance to him of "the literal and historical Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, which is the cornerstone of what I believe." He wrote the book The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief. ASA and Genome.gov
Simon C. Morris
(born 1951) ROM-BurgessShale-CompleteAnomalocarisFossil.png A British paleontologist who made his reputation through study of the Burgess Shale fossils, one of which is pictured. He was the co-winner of a Charles Doolittle Walcott Medal and also won a Lyell Medal. He is active in the Faraday Institute for study of science and religion and is also noted on discussions concerning the idea of theistic evolution. Gifford Lectures, Boyle Lecture, Boston University.
John D. Barrow
(born 1952) Grasshopper-crest.GIF An English cosmologist who did notable writing on the implications of the Anthropic principle. He is a United Reformed Church member and Christian deist. He won the Templeton Prize in 2006. He once held the position of Gresham Professor of Astronomy, so their crest is pictured. The New York Times, March 16, 2006 and Templeton Prize bio
Denis Alexander
(born ????) P7290032.JPG Director of the Faraday Institute and author of Rebuilding the Matrix - Science and Faith in the 21st Century. He also supervises a research group in cancer and immunology at the Babraham Institute, hence Babraham hall is pictured. Faraday Institute Biography
Christopher Isham
(born ????) Royal School of Mines entrance.jpg Theoretical physicist who developed HPO formalism. He teaches at Imperial College London, part of which is pictured to the side. In addition to being a physicist, he is a philosopher and theologian. Stephen Hawkins, the Big Bang, and God, by H. F. Schaefer
Martin Nowak
(born 1965) Harvard Wreath Logo 1.svg Evolutionary biologist and mathematician best known for evolutionary dynamics. He teaches at Harvard University, hence the Harvard seal to the side. [37]
John Lennox Oxsky.jpg Mathematician and Pastoral adviser. His works include the mathematical The Theory of Infinite Soluble Groups and the religion-oriented God's Undertaker - Has Science buried God? He has also debated religion with Richard Dawkins. He teaches at Oxford, which is pictured.

Here is a list of just a few of the living also posted are list starting from,

John Philoponus (c.490–c.570) Alexandria egypt.jpg His criticism of Aristotelian physics was important to Medieval science. He also theorized about the nature of light and the stars. He was also called John of Alexandria, hence the picture. As a theologian he rejected the Council of Chalcedon and his major Christological work is Arbiter. He was a figure in the Monophysitism minority of Eastern Christianity.

to,
Stanley Jaki
(1924-2009) Father Jaki June 2007.jpg Benedictine priest and Distinguished Professor of Physics at Seton Hall University, New Jersey, who won a Templeton Prize and advocates the idea modern science could only have arisen in a Christian society.

I dare say we could not hold a candle to them, to call Christians retards?

You need a history lesson.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I guess alot of the anti christian sentiment is brought on by the small minded view's of your fellow followers.

So you lump everyone into the same category?

Lets take a survey to see who is the more small minded.

I don't really make anti christian posts, ... but I often try to wake them up.

Wake them up?

Who appointed you?

This is just another form of control, and intolerance.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

just because you do research and theorize still does not make you right

impressive names but how much of what they wrote of is fact ?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Some people believe that when a man is starving it is Gods way of testing that man.

For that matter so would Buddhist, claiming karma,

But for the most part I agree with your post,

The message was simple,

Mt. 25:31-46. "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. And all the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on His left.
Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.'
Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You drink? And when did we see You a stranger, and invite you in, or naked, and clothe You? And when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'
And the King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'

and Love one another,

but then if we understood love we wouldn't need commandments or call each other retards.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by tungus

As far as having knowledge when being with god. Isn't this the same god that kicks people out of paradise precisely for possessing knowledge?

Think about it. He removes people from the garden for having tasted the knowledge of good and evil, which is just the beginning of the first stage of knowing. There are many kinds of knowledge and many stages. We are not even at the stage of fore-knowledge, or clairvoyance, of future events.
If the statement "when with god we see things as they are" has any validity -this would include the knowledge of good and evil, the very same thing that got us expelled. Clearly, someone deliberately does not want us to know. Not now, and especially not when with him.

This is why the statement "when with god you see.." is pure Yahweh propaganda.

It is not your fault, you are caught in his web like so many people.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

You could say that about science today too.

It is a process, theory, at least they did eventually create schools of higher learning,

There are brilliant men and women that call themselves Christian.

I am not denying the sordid past of Christianity, but you could show that all of humanity, nations and religions, have caused incredible pain through out history of mankind.

Christianity has come a long way, there comes a time when we should acknowledge that fact,

Why continue to fan the flames?

Live and let live, if they are not harming you.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
reply to post by Stormdancer777

just because you do research and theorize still does not make you right

zerbot I also want to point out that during ancient times there was no distinction between a priest and a scientist,

From ancient Sumeria and Egypt, to the prophets of Israel, the priest were the scholars and scribes, the astronomers were astrologers as well,
en.wikipedia.org...

Take the book of Daniel,
or Moses who was said to have been trained in the ways of the Egyptian priesthood,

They were all great minds, I think they were the greatest of minds, we are just a shadow of what once was.

In my mind there are many ways to interpret the Bible, because it can be read on so many levels.

Takes religion out of it and it is a totally new experience.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'd say many atheists have problems with all religions. I'm not an atheist but I don't like Christianity (I liked what Jesus did, but IMO it got so twiested it's not the same thing anymore). Many don't talk about Islam because... it's obvious. And if an atheist has got a faithful friend - he/she usually is a christian, bacause of the place we live in.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tungus

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by tungus

Think about it. He removes people from the garden for having tasted the knowledge of good and evil, which is just the beginning of the first stage of knowing. There are many kinds of knowledge and many stages. We are not even at the stage of fore-knowledge, or clairvoyance, of future events.
If the statement "when with god we see things as they are" has any validity -this would include the knowledge of good and evil, the very same thing that got us expelled. Clearly, someone deliberately does not want us to know. Not now, and especially not when with him.

This is why the statement "when with god you see.." is pure Yahweh propaganda.

It is not your fault, you are caught in his web like so many people.

I understand what you are saying 100 %. However, you are very cloudy on your perception of man and why we are here according to the God of the Bible.
This "knowing" is in a spiritual sense, not a physical one.How can one have fore-knowledge, or clairvoyance of future events in a physical state unless you are a prophet.
It cant happen.

If the statement "when with god we see things as they are" has any validity -this would include the knowledge of good and evil, the very same thing that got us expelle

Where did you get that statement from?

when with god you see

This one too. are you making these up?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

If the statement "when with god we see things as they are" has any validity -this would include the knowledge of good and evil, the very same thing that got us expelle

I think maybe they are thinking of this passage,

1 Corinthians 13:12

King James Bible
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

King James Bible
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Thank you, That clears up things a little, But Im sure thats not what that passage pertains to. Could be wrong though

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

King James Bible

Ok lets say Im wrong
I forgot what we were talking about

Sorry Im a little slow today.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Well - I had a few mins and did a quick search. The study is a little old (05) - but its the only one I could find on short ntotice.

Scientists' Belief in God Varies Starkly by Discipline

About two-thirds of scientists believe in God, according to a new survey that uncovered stark differences based on the type of research they do.

The study, along with another one released in June, would appear to debunk the oft-held notion that science is incompatible with religion.

Those in the social sciences are more likely to believe in God and attend religious services than researchers in the natural sciences, the study found.

The opposite had been expected.

Nearly 38 percent of natural scientists -- people in disciplines like physics, chemistry and biology -- said they do not believe in God. Only 31 percent of the social scientists do not believe.

In the new study, Rice University sociologist Elaine Howard Ecklund surveyed 1,646 faculty members at elite research universities, asking 36 questions about belief and spiritual practices.

"Based on previous research, we thought that social scientists would be less likely to practice religion than natural scientists are, but our data showed just the opposite," Ecklund said.

Some stand-out stats: 41 percent of the biologists don't believe, while that figure is just 27 percent among political scientists.

In separate work at the University of Chicago, released in June, 76 percent of doctors said they believed in God and 59 percent believe in some sort of afterlife.

It does make sense I think that it would vary by what field of science they are in. However, its still a bigger % than I had thought it would be.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Frogs]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join