The Ugly Little Question Orthodox Egyptology Cannot Answer

page: 5
32
<< 2  3  4   >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
This info is taken from a book "Dramatic Prophecies of the Great Pyramid"
by Rudolfo Benevaides but I won't get into the prophecy here.

When Napoleon invaded Egypt he ordered a topographical map of the valley of the Nile. A master meridian had to be contrived to which the measures could be related. Due to the size and visibility of the Great Pyramid it was chosen as the 0 meridian. It was perfect not only for Egypt but also the entire world. It divided the valley of the Nile in
two and in the same way divides the Delta of the Nile. Also, it is the midpoint of the Earth, geographically speaking. Greenwich seems to be the meridian for political expediency, but the pyramid was scientifically correct.

Questions about the Great Pyramid; for example why the Great Pyramid axis is not precisely on the 30 parallel North. The axis is almost on the intersection of the 31st meridian East of Greenwich and the 30th parallel North.

The parallel passes through the Sea of Sargasso in the Atlantic where there are gigantic mountains, but not at a great depth. Probably inhabited lands years ago. Also, the parallel of the Great Pyramid almost touches the Canary Island, also suspected of being the place of Atlantis.

Egypt is found at the center of the inhabited world, not only in antiquity but in the entire world

The balance pivot of the Earth is precisely Egypt which divides the world into equal parts in the Northern Hemisphere.

This book also contains all of the calculations that are recorded by the measurements of the Great Pyramid and the inside chambers.




posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   




The Great Pyramid is a scale model of the Earth at a ratio of 1: 43,200




My head (was going to say something else) is a scale model of the Earth at a ratio of 1:100,000.



Last time I checked, the Earth was not a pyramid.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by Jim Scott]



posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by catamaran
This info is taken from a book "Dramatic Prophecies of the Great Pyramid"
by Rudolfo Benevaides but I won't get into the prophecy here.

When Napoleon invaded Egypt he ordered a topographical map of the valley of the Nile. A master meridian had to be contrived to which the measures could be related. Due to the size and visibility of the Great Pyramid it was chosen as the 0 meridian. It was perfect not only for Egypt but also the entire world. It divided the valley of the Nile in
two and in the same way divides the Delta of the Nile. Also, it is the midpoint of the Earth, geographically speaking. Greenwich seems to be the meridian for political expediency, but the pyramid was scientifically correct.

Questions about the Great Pyramid; for example why the Great Pyramid axis is not precisely on the 30 parallel North. The axis is almost on the intersection of the 31st meridian East of Greenwich and the 30th parallel North.

The parallel passes through the Sea of Sargasso in the Atlantic where there are gigantic mountains, but not at a great depth. Probably inhabited lands years ago. Also, the parallel of the Great Pyramid almost touches the Canary Island, also suspected of being the place of Atlantis.

Egypt is found at the center of the inhabited world, not only in antiquity but in the entire world

The balance pivot of the Earth is precisely Egypt which divides the world into equal parts in the Northern Hemisphere.

This book also contains all of the calculations that are recorded by the measurements of the Great Pyramid and the inside chambers.



Totally agree with you I have a booked called the Great Pyramid Decoded and it goes through all the measurements you were talking about inside the pyramid and out fasinating how the measurements add up



posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott




Last time I checked, the Earth was not a pyramid.




I thought the pyramids represented a hemisphere, not the entire planet.



posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The projected map used isn't exactly what I would call accurate.

For instance, if you look here: en.wikipedia.org...

you will find that there are several different ways to go about projecting a spherical surface onto a 2d surface.

There is and always will be distortion somewhere and the current maps we use are simply NOT accurate in that sense.

Also, how does one go about showing a centre on a sphere? on a sphere, central point is arbitrary to the viewer.

Also, one of the reasons that Hawass is such a hardball is because for 100 years people have been coming into egypt and stealing antiquities. He is like a guard dog for teh culture of egypt and works very hard to keep people from stealing egyptian heritage and world history for their own purposes.

Like say, sticking a 3500 year old obelisk along the thames or in Concord plaza in Paris or stuff various museums with collections that were effectively stolen from Egypt in a time of turmoil.

There is a lot of material there, and only a few solid minds that can look at it properly. It takes time to determine what things are and what their function was.

going in and guessing and making up stories based on ideas is NOT science and is not the preferred method of artifact studies.



posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hello ATS Folks,

Well, I certainly did not expect this particular thread to spark so much interest! Many thanks to everyone for taking the time to contribute and making this an interesting thread.

A couple of points here that I think need to be addressed. As mentioned already by a couple of posters, you cannot place a straight, diagonal line onto a flat projection of the Earth - bidirectional lines must bend to take account of the Earth's curviture. (This is plainly observed in Professor Smyth's original drawing).

"They built it [the Great Pyramid] there because that is where they lived."
Such is self-evident. The point of this presentation was simply to demonstrate the validity of Smyth's original claim that the location of Giza lies at the intersection of a very unique point on the Earth, the point where most of its landmass intersects. Nothing more, nothing less.

It is now up to each of us as individuals to decide for ourselves whether the placement of the Great Pyramid at this quite unique location was undertaken (by the AEs) in order to intentionally "mark" this spot (perhaps as an ancient Prime Meridian).

Personally, I am of the view that the placement of the Great Pyramid at this unique Earth location was indeed intentional and related to this unique location - I have reasons for taking this view which I am not yet in a position to publish. No doubt, however, this will continue to be debated until the cows come home. What Ortho folks cannot, however, debunk again is Professor Smyth's original claim of the uniqueness of this Earth location i.e. that Giza lies at the centre of the Earth's landmasses (and the reason why Professor Smyth argued for its acceptance as the world's Prime Meridian and not Greenwich).

Best wishes,

Scott Creighton

[edit on 26/11/2009 by Scott Creighton]



posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scott Creighton
What Ortho folks cannot, however, debunk again is Professor Smyth's original claim of the uniqueness of this Earth location i.e. that Giza lies at the centre of the Earth's landmasses.


Antarctica.



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton
 


Great post, but Egyptologists are notoriously anti-science. No further age verification. No evidence for water erosion.

Plus there are a ton of other mathematical influences in its construction they fail to admit to. A ton of things. Search google books, theres some great stuff there.

I admit though, theres only one way to know where to build when going for the center of land masses - obviously to see for yourself. So no, the fingerprint does not belong to us. S&F



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeeperOfGenisis
Totally agree with you I have a booked called the Great Pyramid Decoded and it goes through all the measurements you were talking about inside the pyramid and out fasinating how the measurements add up



You might want to look at other concepts then just lightly accepting what is in that book... I actually read that book some years back and I just couldn't get past how it ignored all the planets. Yes it talks about them, but when it comes to the Pyramids at Giza that book simply ignored the reality that the Pyramids at Giza could have been created to honor a planetary alignment. Here is a thread I created under 2012: Plantary Alignment and Giza...12.12.12 Stellarium Video and 12.2.12 picture. Now I am not saying what I presented here is in fact, the facts... but the measurements do seem to suggest there is one heck of a kawinkadink. Let alone it seems to happen the same month as the Mayan Calendar comes to an end... let alone the planet/moon/Sun convergence that happens on 12.12.12 seems to be another kawinkadink with regards to the Christian Gregorian Calendar. There is a lot happening within those 18 days, that seems to at least suggest a connection between one active religious belief and two extinct beliefs. And that is why that book and the hypothesis mentioned therein might need to be re-examined...


--Charles Marcello


[edit on 28-11-2009 by littlebunny]

[edit on 28-11-2009 by littlebunny]



top topics
 
32
<< 2  3  4   >>

log in

join