It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ugly Little Question Orthodox Egyptology Cannot Answer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'm reading "Dead Men's Secrets" and they talk how an ancient civilization mapped the entire world so precisely that it could only have been done by inspecting everything by air, so it's plausible that they mastered the art of flying (airplanes, helicopters, etc)

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Without reading the entire thread, I'm pretty sure this is more paperback pseudo-ancient history BS. Like the lining up of the pyramids with the Bel of Orion.

You could get away with this sort of stuff in the 70s, 80, and 90s. Sella book contract, fill it with pictures and diagrams. A lot of ignorant people would by it with no way to check factuality.

We know a quantum leap more about the past than we did a decade ago.

We also recognize better the charlatans trying to make a name capitalizing on the "Undiscovered Ancient Civilization" fantasy market. A marginal market on satellite TV, Youtube, cheap hotel convention circuit. Pretty much same marketing and audience as UFOS.

Mike

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Very Interesting indeed. I believe that Egyptian civilization is much older than any scientist wants to make us believe. Also Freemasons have a deep connection with Egypt and Geometry....

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
An interesting look at the pyramids from David Sereda...Has to do with topic...enjoy.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Mathematics is the science where one doesn´t know what he´s talking about, much less if it´s true...

-Bertrand Russel-

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

It was on "ancient aliens" from the discovery channel. they had a bunch of people claiming that the earliest pyramids were of highest quality, and then were built in descending quality/size.

This is of course, something I cant verify on my own, at the moment.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

Originally posted by Scott Creighton
Question: how is it even remotely possible for a technologically 'primitive' civilisation such as the Ancient Egyptians - who we are told rarely travelled beyond their own borders - to have known this? Does this not smack of a civilisation with far more knowledge than is presently being attributed to them? Or is it the case that what we are in fact observing here is a 'fingerprint of the Gods'?

Answer:

They didn't know they were the center of the landmass. They built the pyramids in the area they lived in. I would be more impressed if the Chinese went to Egypt to build The Great Wall there.

Exactly! And, I said in earlier posts:

They built the Pyramids there because they lived there,
--AND--
they lived there because that's where the very fertile Nile River farm land was.

So, it's not a huge mystery as to why they built the pyramids where they did. It would be a bigger mystery if they DIDN'T build the pyramids near their homeland.

[edit on 11/25/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
every civilisation thinks themselves to be the centre of everything, i guess one of them had to be right.

Ah Pieman your wit never ceases to to bring a smile to my face, absolutely priceless

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

Dude always a pleasure to read you, any thoughts on the "Egyptian Power Plant " theory ?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Personally I would argue that the one question that Egyptologists cannot answer is they the sphinx that created around 2500BC shows water erosion signs that indicate it was built 8000 years prior ...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Except you guys with your straight lines keep forgetting the Earth isnt flat!

The lines have to go in accordance with the distortions that a ball would have if you tried to draw a straight line on it.

However, I do believe you're right, L.A. IS the center of the new world. Why do you think all the celebrities live here? Why do people flock here like the mecca of the entertainment world? Rare coincidence? I think not

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

The lines have to go in accordance with the distortions that a ball would have if you tried to draw a straight line on it.

correct, AND...not to mention, the Meridian lines are the funny part to me...as if they too were all part of this 'great' mystery, and yet, of course those were a 19th century invention...thats why the 0 meridian runs through GREENWICH England... LOL

I think the Egyptians were some brilliant people indeed, but come on....this topic is beyond crazy, its becoming laughable.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lunica
Its indeed extraordinary they new this. Flag and star

The builders knew more things about the earth and the universe then we can imagine. Well, most of us cant seemly

Yes they(egyptians) did.... and We are just as intelligent as they were, it's just the fact that all egyptians put Earth and the Universe FIRST in their lives (studies ect) and humans today, ha!.. maybe a very small percentage
do the important studies that every human should be involved in!

..I think the Egyptians had basic knowledge and common sense. Everything they learned came from everday living... and their motivation was Longevity in life,health and afterlife.

..I bet if you were born in the middle of knowhere and lived there your whole life and learning only what you experienced day by day... you would
be able to have you own perception of time,create days,figure out star constellations, direction, seasons, how to build, hunt, ect, I could go on forever!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrailGator

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

correct, AND...not to mention, the Meridian lines are the funny part to me...as if they too were all part of this 'great' mystery, and yet, of course those were a 19th century invention...thats why the 0 meridian runs through GREENWICH England... LOL

I think the Egyptians were some brilliant people indeed, but come on....this topic is beyond crazy, its becoming laughable.

And modern Egyptians haven't figured out how to create and market flaky theories to reel in gullible audiences hungry for fantasy archeology.

It takes Western snake oil selling know how.

Someone must be trying to warm up a "New Secret Mysteries of Ancient Egypt" book deal.

M

[edit on 25-11-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
What were the sea levels like 4,000 years ago? You have used a map that looks current.

I agree with the perosn who questions the age of the sphinx and I can accept that some of this is much older. We look back at how in Greek times, technology was way in advance of anything even 1,000 years ago - steam toys, Aristotles sun magnification weapon), so the idea that Egyptians had lost technology that is in ways advance of ours now - well makes a lot of sense; and surely the greatest display of these are the pyramids (only surpassed in height last century).

Again not all technology neds to be in advance, some of the critical stuff may have been though.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Maybe Egyptoloy and all of Science are wrong and have known the truth the entire time. Just like politics, Science has an agenda. They control which artifacts we are allowed to see and only look for things to fit their way of thinking. The scientific method is not used anymore.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight
What were the sea levels like 4,000 years ago? You have used a map that looks current.

Ah, there's the rub. When were the pyramids supposed to have been built, again? Isn't the claim 12,000 years ago or something? Find a nice map of the world as it was when it's claimed the pyramids were actually built, and try it again.

You can't have that cake and eat it, too. Unless you're going to bend over backwards and make a claim that the pyramids were built in anticipation of what the land masses would look like in 2012, or something foolish like that.

P.S. -- Also, if we're really going to give these ancient folk credit for understanding the shape of the Earth, why stop at knowing the shapes of the continents? Why weren't they able to figure out the true center, which allows for varations in the ovoid shape of the globe, itself? They should be able to account for that, right? Anyway, if they could, that would really be something.

www.esri.com...

[edit on 25-11-2009 by 2000 Yards]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Hey, where is scott? Isn't this his thread? Maybe we should wait for scott?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Nobody seems to want to have anything to do with my conclusion that the pyramids may of indeed been built by the egyptians but for the sphinx its over 10000 years old and the ancient civilisation Atlantis which i believe lays Kms below the ice in the Arctic built them in the era of the constellation leo hence the lion of course this is what i believe and if you want a good read buy Fingerprints of the Gods by Greame Hancock and it might just sway you towards my direction

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
hey, lets wait for scott. He hasn't been here for awhile. Where do you thinks he's been?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join