It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Army Kidnapped 6200 Children Since 2000

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
An official report, received by Arab League from the minister of prisoners' affairs in the Palestinian Authority (Ramallah), revealed that the Israeli occupation forces have kidnapped about 6,200 Palestinian children since the beginning of Al Aqsa Intifada (2000), including approximately 337 children still detained in Israeli prisons and interrogation centers.

Some important highlights of the official report:

The report pointed out that "any person under the age of 18 is considered a child, according to international law, the Convention on the Rights of the Child and, recently, Israeli domestic law," and according to the definition of juvenile by the United Nations' Basic Principles for the Treatment of Prisoners, which were adopted in the General Assembly Resolution 45/113, dated December 14, 1990.

Qaraqe stated that the Israeli occupation authorities "deprive detained children from the basic rights granted by international conventions, such as the right to know the reason for their arrest, the right to counsel, the right of families to know the reason and the place of detention of their child, the right to appear before the judge, the right to object to the charge and lodge an appeal against it, the right to communicate with the outside world, and the right to a humane treatment that preserves the dignity of the detained child."

The report warned that the occupation authorities, "blatantly violated the rights of detained children"; dealt with them as "potential subversives", "and subjected them to different types of torture and cruel treatment, such as beating, sleep deprivation, starvation, sexual harassment, and deprivation of visits. The occupation forced applied the worst mental and physical means to extract confessions from child prisoners and to pressure them to work for Israeli intelligence."

The report also mentioned that during the first Intifada, massive numbers of children were arrested and detained on charges of throwing stones and other forms of political resistance, whereas, during the second intifada, Tel Aviv began adopting administrative detention against Palestinian children and it started convicting and detaining children under the age of 14 for periods of up to 6 months.

Source: www.imemc.org...
www.middleeastmonitor.org.uk...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
why is america supporting this? thats sad.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Obviously this topic is too hot for the Megaphonies to handle.

otherwise vultures would have descended on this thread already to pick out the O.P.'s eyes.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
In all fairness (and yes, it's still wrong), the US has detained minors in Guantanamo and Bagram Air Base:

he 'IoS' reveals today that more than 60 of the detainees of the US camp were under 18 at the time of their capture, some as young as 14

The notorious US detention camp in Guantanamo Bay has been hit by fresh allegations of human rights abuses, with claims that dozens of children were sent there - some as young as 14 years old.

Lawyers in London estimate that more than 60 detainees held at the terrorists' prison camp were boys under 18 when they were captured.

www.independent.co.uk...

More information

[edit on 11/23/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Yes it's terrible and sad to see young lives ruined by this tragic conflict, and of course one would have to be particularly inhuman to condone any form of (alleged) abuse that takes place in detention centres.

We had internment in the UK during the worst of the troubles as well. If you threw rocks or petrol bombs at British soldiers in Ulster you'd probably just get shot.

A recap of some of the worst of the Palestinian violence that took place during the 2nd intifada, to give these arrests a bit of context:

Dolphinarium discotheque suicide bombing: 21 deaths (15 of whom were children)
Sbarro restaurant suicide bombing: 15 deaths (7 children, including a 2 year old and a 4 year old)
Ben Yehuda Street Bombing: 11 deaths + 188 injuries (including many children)
Haifa Bus 16 massacre: 15 deaths
Tel-Aviv central bus station massacres: 15 deaths
Beit Yisrael massacre: 11 deaths
Moment cafe massacre: 11 deaths
Passover massacre: 30 deaths, 140 injuries
Matza restaurant suicide bombing: 15 deaths (5 kids), 40 injuries
Rishon Lezion massacre: 16 deaths (including an 11 year old), 74 wounded
Megiddo junction massacre: 17 deaths
Patt junction bus bombing: 19 deaths
French Hill attacks: 10 deaths
Shmuel HaVani Bus Bombing: 16 deaths (7 children)

Numerous other massacres listed here. Comparative list of Palestinian casualties here.

Two wrongs do not make a right, but important to put all this in the wider context. There's suffering on both sides.

Final point, statistics originating from the Palestinians are generally suspect and politically loaded. Just sayin'.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by mattpryor]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

So, the Arabs are calling a person under 18 a child when it suits them for their war propaganda, but when it comes to them marrying off 14 year olds the "children" are suddenly awarded adult status?

LOL!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
Yes it's terrible and sad to see young lives ruined by this tragic conflict, and of course one would have to be particularly inhuman to condone any form of (alleged) abuse that takes place in detention centres.

We had internment in the UK during the worst of the troubles as well. If you threw rocks or petrol bombs at British soldiers in Ulster you'd probably just get shot.

A recap of some of the worst of the Palestinian violence that took place during the 2nd intifada, to give these arrests a bit of context:

Dolphinarium discotheque suicide bombing: 21 deaths (15 of whom were children)
Sbarro restaurant suicide bombing: 15 deaths (7 children, including a 2 year old and a 4 year old)
Ben Yehuda Street Bombing: 11 deaths + 188 injuries (including many children)
Haifa Bus 16 massacre: 15 deaths
Tel-Aviv central bus station massacres: 15 deaths
Beit Yisrael massacre: 11 deaths
Moment cafe massacre: 11 deaths
Passover massacre: 30 deaths, 140 injuries
Matza restaurant suicide bombing: 15 deaths (5 kids), 40 injuries
Rishon Lezion massacre: 16 deaths (including an 11 year old), 74 wounded
Megiddo junction massacre: 17 deaths
Patt junction bus bombing: 19 deaths
French Hill attacks: 10 deaths

Numerous other massacres listed here. Comparative list of Palestinian casualties here.

Two wrongs do not make a right, but important to put all this in the wider context. There's suffering on both sides.

Final point, statistics originating from the Palestinians are generally suspect and politically loaded. Just sayin'.

Statistics from either side are more than suspect, however here are some numbers.

The Israeli non-governmental human rights organization B'Tselem reports[1] that through April 30, 2008, out of 4,745 Palestinians killed by Israeli security forces, there were 1,671 "Palestinians who took part in the hostilities and were killed by Israeli security forces," or 35.2%. According to their statistics, 2,204 of those killed by Israeli security forces "did not take part in the hostilities," or 46.4%. There were 870 (18.5%) who B'Tselem defines as "Palestinians who were killed by Israeli security forces and it is not known if they were taking part in the hostilities."

The Israeli International Policy Institute for Counter-Terrorism (IPICT), on the other hand, in a "Statistical Report Summary" for September 27, 2000 through January 1, 2005 indicates that 56% (1542) of the 2773 Palestinians killed by Israelis were combatants. According to their data, an additional 406 Palestinians were killed by actions of their own side. 22% (215) of the 988 Israelis killed by Palestinians were combatants. An additional 22 Israelis were killed by actions of their own side.
end quote

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit

But, do you accept that there is a difference between a Palestinian civilian killed in military action designed to protect Israeli civilians and an Israeli civilian deliberately killed by a suicide bomber?

Both are horrific but surely as civilised people we recognise the essential moral difference?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   

But, do you accept that there is a difference between a Palestinian civilian killed in military action designed to protect Israeli civilians and an Israeli civilian deliberately killed by a suicide bomber?

Both are horrific but surely as civilised people we recognise the essential moral difference?

Please don't try the moral high ground, there are too many bullet riddled and burnt children and babies killed by the IDF during Gaza.

Do you expect the Palestinian people with a few bottle rockets and AK47's to stand in the open against helicopter gunships and F15's with laser guided bombs?" Come to think of it you probably do.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Oh, my mistake, I thought you wanted a reasonable discussion about it.

Okay, let's get emotive. If it were my government (British), and people were firing ball-bearing loaded 22lb TNT shells into my kids' school, I'd want them to unleash bloody hell. And I wouldn't give a damn how many of their civilians got killed. I'd want every last murdering terrorist to burn in hell. Painfully. And their wives. And their indoctrinated, hate-filled offspring.

If my child died in a suicide bomb attack, I'd want bloody revenge. I'd want to find out who did it, find out where they live, and turn their entire town into smouldering rubble. I'd want to drive their people as far as possible away from me and mine so they could never hurt me again.

How about you?

Luckily Israelis are a lot more forgiving than me, it seems.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Okay, let's get emotive. If it were my government (British), and people were firing ball-bearing loaded 22lb TNT shells into my kids' school, I'd want them to unleash bloody hell. And I wouldn't give a damn how many of their civilians got killed. I'd want every last murdering terrorist to burn in hell. Painfully. And their wives. And their indoctrinated, hate-filled offspring.

If my child died in a suicide bomb attack, I'd want bloody revenge. I'd want to find out who did it, find out where they live, and turn their entire town into smouldering rubble. I'd want to drive their people as far as possible away from me and mine so they could never hurt me again.

How about you?

So do the Palestinians have the same right for revenge?

"And their indoctrinated, hate-filled offspring." have you seen the pictures of Israeli children writing messages on artillery shells?

"and turn their entire town into smouldering rubble" perhaps that's where we differ, I don't blame the innocent.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I don't blame the innocent either. Then again I've never lost anyone to a suicide bomb or a Qassam rocket attack. If I had, I might think differently.

And as someone that hopes for peace between the Israelis and the Palestinians, I'm pleased that the Israeli government doesn't blame innocents either. Otherwise Bethlehem, Ramallah, Gaza City, Hebron, etc, would be levelled by now.

Easy to judge from afar isn't it?

[grammar edit]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalCanadian
why is america supporting this? thats sad.

Because they don't have a choice.

Israel control America.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

How about you?

Wow you better watch out then, with all the imperialistic moves UK has done through out the history, you are in for a big treat if all followed your logic.

Best regards

Loke.:.

Ps.

The suicide bombers also have a purpose, all jews who die must be put into the ground with all of their bodyparts, and in war you normally dont want to kill your enemy, you want to wound them so the logistic gets jammed up with patients, the suicide bombing is another way to do exact the same. I do not condone any means of violence towards civilian or to any one else for that matter.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by Loke.]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Loke.

In most suicide bomb attacks during the Al Aqsa intifada the terrorists usually loaded their suicide belts with nails, ball-bearings and other bits of metal to cause maximum injuries.

I see no military objective in blowing up a bus full of school children, or a nightclub, or a childrens' disco. I see no purpose in it other than senseless death and destruction.

In my opinion if preventing this kind of attrocity means interning children who throw rocks / petrol bombs (and other "minor infractions") to teach them that attacking Israelis is not a good idea, then that is preferable to seeing Israeli kids blown to pieces by suicide bombs.

That doesn't mean I support abusing them, if that takes place (we only have the Palestinians' word for it, who will accuse Israelis of anything if it gives them political leverage), and if that happens then I would welcome reform to the internment procedures.

Presumably all of these people have Red Cross access as well? What do they have to say about it?

As for Britain's past colonial history, very few of us are whiter than white.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

reply to post by Loke.

I see no military objective in blowing up a bus full of school children, or a nightclub, or a childrens' disco. I see no purpose in it other than senseless death and destruction.

How about a hospital? or three?

WHO today announced that Israel has targeted 3 Palestinian hospitals which are Al Wafa and Al Fata Hospitals, and the Al Quds which is run by the Palestinian Red Crescent Society.

Like it wasnt enough for Israel to attack UNRWA schools twice but Israel is now targeting hospitals directly.

WHO also expressed its deep concern about the serious implications on patients, medical staff, health infrastructure and the provision of critical health services.
end quote

[edit on 25-11-2009 by prof-rabbit]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I'm a bit confused by this. I've looked at the WHO website and the latest report on the Gaza situation was released in January, here.

All three of the hospitals you name above were up and running again within days as far as I'm aware. The damage to them was minimal (Al Aqsa hospital for example suffered damaged water pipes).

If you have updated information I'd be very interested to see it.

Second question, I don't believe for a second that the IDF would deliberately target things like hospitals unless they were a valid military target (e.g. being used as a rocket launch base) any more than, say, the Australian army would. Do you? If so, why?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Second question, I don't believe for a second that the IDF would deliberately target things like hospitals unless they were a valid military target (e.g. being used as a rocket launch base) any more than, say, the Australian army would. Do you? If so, why?

The Australian Army would not fire at a hospital period. You seem to think an excuse is possible, even plausible, for the IDF.

I apologize for spending so much time on this thread, it would seem you can justify anything the Israeli Military do, one of the many reasons the world is coming to grips with the mindset that is Israel, the pictures, the devastation and the excuses are clear for all to see.

You should watch District 9.

Thank all the gods the rest of the world knows the reality that is Israel.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

You see this is my problem. First of all you tell us that WHO has just released a report condemning Israel for bombing three hospitals.

I reply to you that as far as I'm aware Israel did not bomb the hospitals, as they were all back up and running shortly after they were supposedly hit.

The WHO reports on the Gaza situation stop in January. After that, silence. Why is this? Two possibilities: It didn't actually happen and the hospitals are fine, or WHO are for some reason keeping quiet about the full extent of the damage. Do you believe that Israel controls the World Health Organisation as well?

Since "no building materials" are allowed into the Gaza Strip, it would have been quite an impressive feat if they'd managed to rebuild them, wouldn't it? So why no further reports?

Here is a Red Cross report about Al Aqsa hospital dated January 9th. You'll notice I hope the following section:

Water pipes supplying the facility were badly damaged by the shelling. Hospital services are expected to be back to normal in three to five days.

Red Cross, also under Zionist control?

I don't know about the other two hospitals you mentioned, but here is a photo of the damage to the hospital to give an indication of the distortion of this event in the media:

This is the photo that was widely distributed by the MSM:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/027bdb3ad96e.jpg[/atsimg]

And here is the hospital from another angle. As you can clearly see, the hospital itself is not the building that was hit, but an adjacent building:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c993bb88d5d0.jpg[/atsimg]

Also you do know that the brave resistance movement that is Hamas has been documented on video using civilian buildings such as schools and hospitals to store weapons and ammo and to launch attacks from, and they also frequently booby trapped them with explosives?

Can you at least admit that what actually happened is unclear and a subject of much dispute, and could very well be pure propaganda? And do you not find that possibility extremely disturbing?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
More excuses.. Look here.

imeu.net...

www.normanfinkelstein.com...

Or here.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

graphics8.nytimes.com...

Can you at least admit that what actually happened is unclear and a subject of much dispute, and could very well be pure propaganda?
And do you not find that possibility extremely disturbing?
end quote

Propaganda was Israel's "secret" weapon, and they were good at it, until Gaza.

What disturbs me the most is your attempts to somehow legitimize the targeting of hospitals, schools, UN compounds and the like, the deliberate shooting of small children, air burst phosphorous shells.

Sorry but the rest of the world is horrified!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join