It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

taking ATS to the next NEXT level (Volunteers Needed)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
We're looking for some volunteers to help with a conceptual project that may evolve to something important for all ATS members, and perhaps even make a difference. We've been discussing a project that is now ready to find some members who can help with the "leg work" of investigating the possibilities of it becoming a reality. This will also be used to reinvigorate the use of the DISC Forum (Deny Ignorance Steering Committee) as this is a perfect project for such a group. Here is what we're looking for. 1) Members with legal connections and/or background. Especially where intellectual property and the publishing industry is concerned. 2) Members with writing experience both professionally, or degree-related in their education. 3) Members with connections to or a background in the publishing industry, especially non-fiction. 4) Members with experience in the philanthropy field, or connections in the charity/non-profit world (this is not for fund raising, but fund-giving). This project may result in something for sale, and all proceeds would go to an appropriate charity that fits with the motto of "deny ignorance". So your work would be purely volunteer, however, our goal is something the entire community can be proud of. If you're interested, please contact me via U2U or e-mail to [email protected] (if you're reading this and not currently a member), and we'll begin getting organized.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Count me in sir

I love to write

Matt

Sorry for the edits...I didn't exactly spell something correctly.

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by US.SecretService]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I will help as I can. I don't have much to offer that meets the criteria of your list, however. I do have some experience in graphics, web design, art, and I am a dedicated researcher when given a topic, I can usually find information on it. I'm not accredited or degreed, however.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Is ATS writing a book???

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I would love to help, but come on I have my name on my shirt

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Yes, yes, yes and yes.

But little time or energy to offer for 90 days or so. Happy to help in an advisory capacity, not writing/editing/designing/packaging.

Good luck to ATS and DISC with the publishing project.

Incidentally, is the focus of benevolence in any way geographic (eg where the majority of ATS members are at) or more global in scope? How do you select a worthwhile charity in keeping with the ATS mission?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
SO,

I meet some of your criteria.
u2u me, if you'd like more detail.

spacedoubt

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar How do you select a worthwhile charity in keeping with the ATS mission?
This one comes to mind www.literacy.org... What better way to promote denying ignorance than through literacy efforts?

joi

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Im mostly visual artsy which doesnt quite fit into the criteria

...but I work as a community coordinator and specialize in arranging community and donation programs. Count me in you need a hand!

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I don't fit the criteria either but I can assist in research and scut work if its reasonable on the time requirements.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Just a thought on charities...
Pick a homeless shelter in like NY or someplace big where it will actually get used and not funneled into some crap and ends up in a pocket.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I might be interested in the writing part. I'm not a professional, but I've been published in small things. I'd like to know more details about the writing, for sure.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I would love to help out in any way possible! I enjoy writing non fiction, although nothing I have posted in ATS because most of my work, is still a work in progress. I'm good at designing things. And also good at art.
I think that a good charity that would support the "Deny Ignorance" motto would be something along the lines of what SO said. Literacy. Education for children came to mind: (some sites below)
net aid
hope world wide
Even if I'm not chosen to help, I feel that this is going to be a great project!

[Edited on 5/20/2004 by smilingsarah82]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
no background or connections with anything, but if i can be of use, just let me know.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Whats the book about?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Nothing professional however i enjoy writing and have done Graphic Work and Web Design. Count me in if you need a hand.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Hey I can write I just can't spell lol But I'm a good manager
I'll help once I know what you need

Are we gettin ready to "set up" a charity to see where the money goes ?

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by Chevy]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I'm a writer, albeit not professionally, but I have written for several local underground newspapers, along with professional business websites and school newspapers. Count me in if it comes to it.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I got some friend publishing magazine in France, Belgium and Swiss. I can help you to translate you're project in french language. I can also help you with some contacts I have worldwide.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   

This project may result in something for sale, and all proceeds would go to an appropriate charity that fits with the motto of "deny ignorance". So your work would be purely volunteer, however, our goal is something the entire community can be proud of.

Why doesn't ATS create its own Non-profit 'charity' organization dedicated to the motto "deny ignorance" and help fund other projects and pursue the site's goals and educating people of the truth. I am an executive of a corporation that I have helped found, and I am somewhat knowledgable as to how to create such legal non-profit entities and how to help them progress. I don't quite see why the profits would go to another organization outside of this one, when there are still goals to be met and pursued. With the money gained through the "sales" of whatever it is you are planning on selling combined with donations or whatever else, this group could make a significant differance and pursue as well as meet goals that it has or may set.

I have had very similar personal ideas and have even been working on a project prior to coming across this site that would be set up close to what I have stated above, and it would fund actual trips to gather information and meet with people who possess a good deal of knowledge or information about certain topics which would essentially be the same as those discussed on this site. I had planned on going much deeper than even what i had depicted here to 'dig up' various information and 'truths' and feel it would be quite benificial to the same causes that this site seems to have.

I am very new to this board and site, but find it to be very intriguing. If any of my ideas or suggestions contradict the ideals that this group and site is based on I appologize.

I look forward to hearing your response. Good day.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join