It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dont buy fur from china

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Holy !#$@

I'm usually a pretty "tough" guy...BUT THAT IS JUST SICK...I couldn't even bring myself to get half way through the video...what monsters...have they no compassion or feelings at all...what poor excuses for human beings...just when I think there is hope for humanity...it's things like this that take away any hope I have...

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

There is no anti american, sorry if u took it like this maybe you think there is truly something wrong with americans?

I just said you cant talk about another country madness, criticize, when your own country is doing the same sick things. You are just disturbed because they slaughter animals that are considered here like "friends" (dogs, cats) and not meat. Don't forget we westerners, slaughter a lot of animals, probably even more. One cant teach others when one is so ignorant and wrong.

I saw you even removed my post, lol, well i dont care, you are hopeless, if you like this virtual power of yours (remove post, ban member when they are not on your side, etc), go on.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by _damon]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by _damon

I just said you cant talk about another country madness, criticize, when your own country is doing the same sick things.

And I corrected you by saying I am involved in American affairs, too. It's not a matter of bashing a particular state. It's a matter of standing up for those who can't stand up for themselves regardless of who the culprit is.

You are just disturbed because they slaughter animals that are considered here like "friends" (dogs, cats) and not meat.

You again assume incorrectly. There was just a thread a couple of days ago that involved a fish. Fish aren't cute and cuddly. In fact, they're kind of gross, cold, and smelly. But I still stood up for it. I don't even kill bugs in my house (Yeah, I'm kind of fruity). Nothing to do with cute warm and fuzzies.

Also, to address your concern. Staff members are not allowed to moderate in threads they participate in. I did not remove your post nor was it removed due to your opinion.

[edit on 11/20/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by _damon

You are just disturbed because they slaughter animals that are considered here like "friends" (dogs, cats) and not meat. Don't forget we westerners, slaughter a lot of animals, probably even more.
No...we are disturbed because of how they are treated...packed into cages and thrown off trucks for Christ sakes...look at them...innocent f'ing animals treated like garbage...don't we at least treat our animals with respect and try not to frighten or hurt them as much as possible before their time comes?

EDIT: When I say "we" I mean most western countries...I'm not American...

[edit on 20/11/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I make a generality because i think people are all the same apathetic BS. And wont come back on my words.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

But don't get me wrong, i wont defend these people. Im just realistic and know that in my own county, the same things are done daily. Im powerless for now and i won't deny it.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by _damon

Enough. If you've got something to add to the topic please do so but cease the personal jabs.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
ADMIN NOTE: I removed your post. Please refrain from making this personal and do not personally attack any members.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by Crakeur]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by _damon

Im just realistic and know that in my own county, the same things are done daily.
Yes...but I think the point of this thread is to show how this animal cruelty happens legally and is taken advantage of and commercialized in order to make money...at least we stop as much of it as possible...even if it does still go on in the underground...or am I totally off and this sort of thing isn't legal in China and we are watching illegal activities take place in that video? If so your totally right and this thread shouldn't have been started...

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

The difference is, the fur trade in China is largely unregulated. They have some organizations for show but for the most part, the furriers have no real watchdog agency or humane societies to keep them in check. It's pretty much 'do as you will.' There are movements to get it changed, though, generally from the international community.

For instance, we have renegades in the States that are constantly getting busted for inhumane practices. They can receive hefty fines, suspension of business, and even jail time in extreme cases. China, at this point, really doesn't have any sort of system to regulate cruelty with animals. Some Chinese furriers are more humane than others, though, but it is mostly because they wish to be. Not because they are required to be.

[edit on 11/20/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by _damon
You are just disturbed because they slaughter animals that are considered here like "friends" (dogs, cats) and not meat.

And with good reason: they are considered as "friends" because that's what they are. I have seen dogs (and other animals) display love such as you'll rarely see in people, even people who love each other.

Not that it matters. I do not kill or advocate killing any living beings, unless one is objectively in mortal danger from them.

And BTW, I am not an American and do not live in the USA.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The question now is: what are we going to do about it?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ethereal Gargoyle

The question now is: what are we going to do about it?

Boycott! Talk about it with more and more people you meet on everyday basis. The more people know the better. There are still many guilible people out there who dont know the ugly truth behind those furs they are wearing.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I was not able to watch very much of that video and I tried but looking into the eyes of a dog I was overcome with such a sadness it filled me up and I had to go and lie down.

I know the world is at war and I understand that humans are killing humans with as much gusto as they ever did in any other time in history but horror of seeing humans kill animals in such an inhumane fashion is too much for me to watch.

I have seen people die in front of me and though horrible to witness, to see a animal like a dog die in such a violent manner seems to affect me much more because unlike humans, dogs I have met have such an innocence. Dogs have never volunteered to be put in a position where their life could be put in danger.

They live in the moment and emit a joyful need to please the human they are attached to. To look into the eyes of a dog about to die in such a manner broke my heart; a dog deserves to be treated much better than that!

I am a little confused as to why I am more upset over the death of a dog compared to the death of a human but seeing a dog die is enough to send me to my bed but seeing a human die has more to do with a loss and waste of a life that could have made a difference. The loss of a dog is a loss of an innocent beast that under the right conditions is the most unconditionally loyal of beings to ever know.

Human loyalty always comes with conditions!

I still have hope for humanity but every time I see a video like this I feel degradation in my spirit and anger contaminate my karma.

I live with a dog and I would lay my life down for her. I was attacked by a large pit bull cross a couple of years ago; she caught it in midair and protected me. However that is not why I love her and is not why I would give my life to keep her safe.

When I am sad she is there beside me just looking into my eyes and she just looks and nuzzles my face with a knowing look.

To imagine such a fate for such a being as a fate in china is enough to make me grind my teeth and drive me to despair because a dog is a dog and they all have the capacity to be the best of all friends, you can see it in their eyes.

“Aspen” the Alaskan malamute, the best friend a person could have!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7812b3499d04.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 20-11-2009 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I have bought a headphone amp from China. It was very cheap. But I wouldn't buy fur from China.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

Don't be "confused" about your feelings, SmokeJaguar: it's a perfectly natural reaction. There is nothing more terrible or disgusting or unacceptable than the destruction of an innocent, trusting, loving living being.

I'll repeat my question (and I'll keep repeating it): what do we do now?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Absolutely. But I do that anyway!

I think the time has come for decisive action on a global scale.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiote

I am grown up, I don't eat cats and dogs either. I grew up in a rural town with an Ag program in the high school. One where you would raise a animal, mostly sheep/cows and then sell them for meat etc... you learned the process in and out. I do know what goes on. and I say again I do not eat cats and dogs... And Sorry for all that say "don't buy fur from anywhere" I agree, unless its furs are of say deer, cows etc... I am not a fan of wasting and if you hunt and kill for food and sell furs I don't mind that fur trade. Only exotic animals including all cats and dogs = Naaaaaaaa.

DK

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ethereal Gargoyle

I'll repeat my question (and I'll keep repeating it): what do we do now?

What can we do but make a personal statement in that a personal statement involves a boycott on a personal level.

At this current juncture there would be little to be gained from putting pressure on our respective governments about the dire situation for animals in china because the west is courting china as the new power in the ascendant. The west does not even make a serious stand in regard to Chinas appalling humans right record toward their own people so what do you think can happen in regard to a bunch of animal lovers putting pressure on to save dogs and cats?

I for one will never visit china as a tourist even though I find their ancient history to be a fascinating thing but that said, will never accept china as a civilised nation in our present time and until things in regard to respect toward sentient beings (animals and humans) is seriously acted upon as a thing that needs to be changed then China in my eye will always be the land where anything that moves and is not human will be tortured to death (if it is lucky), stripped of its flesh (sometimes while alive) and eaten.

Until those changes become reality I will never holiday there and China will never see my tourist pounds.

It is a small and futile step but my principles could have it no other way. China is a vast country and that vast country is being courted by the west so nothing I can say or do to my government on behalf of the tortured dogs in china will make a blind bit of difference and even if I did have the ear of my bumbling prime minister he would shout me down and tell me to worryh about hurting the feelings of a powerful trade partner.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Completely agree with you. Boycott on a personal level and spreading awareness among the people is all can we do. Also, thanx for sharing your dog's pic. She's very cute, I also have a dog, a golden labrador. He's very loving and very innocent.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by December_Rain]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join