It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Cures DB2]: Flu Immunity and Cytokine Prevention

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Sorry Mods, Please Move This To The Correct Forum. My Bad.

FLU CURES DATA BASE #2: Flu Immunity and Cytokine Prevention

This is a fallow up and contains updated information from (but not limited to) the fallowing threads:
1918 Plague Remedies and Knowledge
Collected H1N1/Plague/Pneumonia Defenses and Cures
And an assortment of many other helpful threads.

INDEX

1. H1N1 Overview
  2. Cytokine Storm Definition
  3. Basic Theory & Disclaimer
  4. Flu Immunity
  5. Flu Treatment
  6. Cytokine Prevention
  7. Cytokine Treatment
  8. Sources

Overviews / Definitions

H1N1 Overview

The H1N1 Virus is commonly known as the "Swine Flu," mainstream officials claim the flu is from swine origin. Common in the conspiracy realm of discussion it is commonly believed to be related to the 1918 Plague Flu virus and the Avian Flu virus and had been released as either a bio weapon, or a window for mass manipulation and control. As this post is being written, it is believed there is arguably a moderately serious plague in the Ukraine. A number of victims are dying in a similar manner believed to be related to the avian flu, with reports of patients dying from hemorrhaging and exclamations such as "their lungs were as dark as charcoal." The Ukraine incident is currently receiving limited media coverage.

This manner of death is commonly believed to be caused by a virus triggered "Cytokine Storms"

Cytokine Storm Definition

A cytokine storm is the systemic expression of a healthy and vigorous immune system resulting in the release of more than 150 inflammatory mediators (cytokines, oxygen free radicals, and coagulation factors). Both pro-inflammatory cytokines (such as Tumor Necrosis Factor-alpha, InterLeukin-1, and InterLeukin-6) and anti-inflammatory cytokines (such as interleukin 10, and interleukin 1 receptor antagonist) are elevated in the serum, and the fierce and often lethal interplay of these cytokines is referred to as a "Cytokine Storm". The primary contributors to the cytokine storm are TNF-a (Tumor Necrosis Factor-alpha) and IL-6 (Interleukin-6). The cytokine storm is an inappropriate (exaggerated) immune response that is caused by rapidly proliferating and highly activated T-cells or natural killer (NK) cells. These cells are themselves activated by infected macrophages. The cytokine storm must be treated and suppressed or lethality can result.

Source

In short, the immune system over reacts and begins attacking everything including healthy cells. This results in the destruction of the lungs, causing hemorrhaging and ultimately death.

Basic Theory & Disclaimer

By theory, the first step to ensuring your health against H1N1 and preventing Cytokine Storms is to take proper steps to ensure immunity and prevention against both. If immunity fails, and you fall sick, the next step is to properly treat the flu. If you begin getting symptoms of a cytokine storm, it is then necessary to immediately take steps to suppress it as soon as possible and get to an emergency room.

The supplements listed under "Treatments" are solutions that you should only take occasionally and are not recommended to take often on a regular basis.

The problem with emergency rooms is that if a plague does become serious enough, too many people do not know how to handle cytokine storms, or much less know what one is, and hospitals would quickly become overflown, so you need to absorb as much knowledge as possible.

Disclaimer: I and no one else takes any responsibility for what you do with your own body. Always do your own research and use common sense when making decisions. This thread is a database and a source to bounce and reflect your knowledge against. As a human being you have the right to take responsibility for your own health.

CONTINUED

[edit on 19-11-2009 by Scarcer]
edit on 19/2/2012 by kosmicjack because: spelling in title

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Flu Immunity and Treatments

Flu Immunity

Top 4
  1. Oleuropein

OL10 contains a powerful natural substance called oleuropein, which constantly adapts to new viral attacks on the plant... changing its defense properties as the microbes change their attacks. Now that's something the mainstream's vaccines sure can't deliver!

2. GSE

It's called GSE and it's an all-natural substance that is simply overwhelming to viruses and other disease-causing microbes. They just can't survive it. In fact, one lab study showed it can kill nearly 900 kinds of bacteria and fungi. It seems to prevent infectious cells from absorbing the nutrients they need...so the cells just fall apart. Even better, according to experts on GSE, if it's taken when you already have a flu or cold virus, it appears to speed up recovery and can help soothe painful sore throats on contact.

3. HexoseCC (Think it's also called AHCC)

It's an extract of a unique hybridization of several kinds of medical mushrooms known for their immune-enhancing abilities. On their own, each mushroom has a long medical history in Japan, where their extracts are widely prescribed by physicians. But when combined into a single hybrid mushroom, the resulting active ingredient is so potent that dozens of scientific studies have now established HexoseCC to be one of the world's most powerful — and safe — immune sti mulators. In fact, these studies, published in respected peer-reviewed journals, have established the health benefits and safety of HexoseCC more conclusively than nearly any other natural supplement. What is especially remarkable about this super virus slayer is how it works to help boost immune function: * Increases your natural NK cells ("killer" cell) activity against diseased cells as much as 300 percent * Increases the formation of explosive granules within NK cells — and the more ammunition each NK cell carries, the more invaders it can destroy. * Boosts Interferon levels, which stops viruses multiplying and stimulates NK cell activity. * Increases the formation of TNF, a group of proteins that help destroy cancer cells.

Source

4. Vitamin C (Atleast 2-3 Grams or 2000-3000mg a day)
  5. Vitamin D3 (Or get a lot of sunlight)
  6. Turmeric
  7. Sauerkraut (Interesting read)

Possible Candidates

8. Medical Mushrooms (Reishi Preferably)
  9. Onions - eat, also cut and allow to permeate the air
  10. Garlic/Leaks - eat, rub on the body, under nose, permeate the air (cut and poor on boiling water)
  11. Thieves Oil

Flu Treatments

1. Colloidal Silver
  2. Sauerkraut (Interesting read)
  3. Increase Vitamin C
  4. Gelsemium

Cytokine Prevention and Treatments

Cytokine Prevention

1. Essential Fatty Acids (Cod Liver Oil, Fish Oil. Flax seed is said to not be as affective) VERY IMPORTANT in preventing Storms

Cod liver oil is a longstanding traditional preventive method for flu and cold prevention, and a very good idea year round. Sorry, plant based EFAs just won’t cut it, so go for the ones found in fatty fish and certain other wild and grassfed meats.

2. Elderberry

Avoid a hyperactive (or hypoactive) immune system (and theoretically, the cytokine storm ) with immunomodulators (rather than simple immune stimulators) like Elderberry. Elderberry is extra nice because it has also been shown to disarm flu viruses and prevent them from replicating in the body. Elder flower is a fine relaxant diaphoretic and lung tonic as well, and all around near perfect flu prevention and treatment remedy. I especially like my Elderberry Elixir recipe (scroll down til you see the recipe) to treat and prevent a variety of flu and cold bugs. Other herbs useful in the treatment of hyperimmune or autoimmune conditions include Peach, Cherry, Rose and Reishi.

3. Vitamin D3 (Or get a lot of sunlight)

Get your Vitamin D. Not actually a vitamin, this necessary steroid hormone is usually obtained through normal exposure to sunlight and diet, but supplementation is becoming increasingly necessary for those who live in Northern climes or spend much of their time indoors (that would be most of America, I suppose). Vitamin D (cholecalciferol) is important for a properly functioning immune system, especially in the respiratory tract. Up to 10,000 IU/per day is safe, and Paul Bergner says that “In order to rapidly raise se rum levels to ward normal, up to 40,000 IU/day might be safely given for a period of six weeks, followed by daily doses of 4000-10000 IU.”

4. Reduce sugar and simple carbohydrate intake. Even the sugar contained in honey or fruit is perfectly capable of supressing your immune system.

5. Turmeric
    Source 1/Source 2

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Cytokine Treatment

(Still Researching)

1. Aspirin

Aspirin may block cytokine storms by altering COX-2 to produce anti-inflammatory eicosanoids and lipoxins. Aspirin also blocks the major inflammatory transcription factor, NFkB. Of course, the administration of aspirin to children with viral diseases, is counter-indicated, because of the risk of Reye syndrome. The omega-3 fatty acid EPA is converted by COX-2 into an anti-inflammatory prostaglandin. Curcumin is one of the most potent inhibitors of NFkB. This trio of anti-inflammatory natural compounds may ultimately be major players in blocking the killing capacity of swine flu. Read more: diseases-viruses.suite101.com...

Source

Sources/More Info

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Ok, I've finished most of the information I have. Anyone who can help research so I can complete this database before the Editing "Time-limit" is up, would be great. Thank you everyone!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Thanks for all your research and work on this thread :-) S&F from me

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
i had tried to do some research on this, but your work here is far more complete than mine was
you got all the things i found, plus more

well done my friend

as no nos i found honey, chocolate and surprisingly eccinecea

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well thankyou on your input so far. I hope more people get wind of this thread.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
SNF from me, friend. A great bit of research

I did a thread about a month or so ago as a summary of H1N1 and a possible theory as to what it does. Especially in regards to the vaccine.

But back on topic, You obviously did way more research than me, and even the little I did (just an hour or two) led me to many of the same things you found.

If anyone is interested in my thread, its Here

Again, thanks for the great info, it will be a great help.

NEXUS

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Another couple items to look into for you for preventing the cytokine storm greatly as I've heard are the following:

STATINS- normally used to treat people with high cholesterol and are fairly common prescription that is extremely well tolerated.

And ALPHA BLOCKERS- used for treating high blood pressure amongst other things. It also has been shown to reduce the effects of a cytokine storm greatly at doses typically given for treating blood pressure from the time you get sick till feeling better.

Anyways both are worth looking into as they are reported to be extremely helpful at blocking the cytokine storm and while being a script, have heard they will be a lot easier (and more useful) than even tamiflu at treating this flu. Anyways check them out for yourself!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Thank you, op!

Wanted to ask if Ibuprofen might work the same way that asprin would?

Also wanted to mention, colloidal silver is good stuff, but if a person has systemic candida and alot of toxins in their body, they should ramp up the cs slowly. Once CS enters the blood stream, it attacks the gut and if you have alot of candida and overgrowth of toxins, it will become possibly more harmful than helpful when one is already sick with something else.

I'm in no way giving medical advice, this can be researched on your own. I'm speaking from my personal experience in regard to cs. I became very very ill, and not prepared for the herx affect that laid in store for me!

Thanks

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
These kinds of threads scare me a bit.
The reason being is that the ultimate goal is to keep your body in balance, and healthy and the best way to do that is to eat right (lots of fruit and vegetables) control portions, exercise and get enough rest.
It's very simple: you treat your body right in this way and wonderful things happen, you stay slim, happy, and healthy (for the most part), and most of the time the only thing you might need to add to your diet is a multi-vitamin.
My problem here is that most of the substances your sending our way either, a) have no proven efficacy in fighting disease and in large amounts can be downright dangerous, or b) you can get them naturally if you eat right. Your whole post sounds like a commercial for your alternative remedy store.
Listen, we all get sick, best advice I ever got was from my awesome doctor who I've been seeing for almost a decade.
Here's what she told me: get 7 hours of sleep a night, exercise and cut your portions... and when you get sick (which you will) REST.
The rest is just window dressing.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
This is becoming a very good site for info on this topic. I must look into some of these suggestions. Just remember folks that not everyone can take these things. You must be careful for allergies and interactions with other medications. Knowledge is power.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I know one medicine and it's not some hypnotherapy or any magic stuff or not proved homemade drug.

There was one man professor Stanislaw Tolpa. Polish scientist during communist time. The thought that he discovered the ultimate medicine for cancer. It was extract from peat

However he had significant success in curing cancer and gain even some fame in sixties the mechanism of curing cancer of this peat extract was not properly explained and many other scientist questioned his discovery. Not all cancers was curred so many years later that fame of this cure was forgotten but not at all. Some scientist continued his work and discovered how it was possible to cure cancer by this extract.
And now please concentrate it is the point why I'm telling about this in this thread.
They discovered that extract from peat made by Tolpa gives human so significant increase of natural immunity that the body could fight cancer itself. In other situation in usually conditions it gives a supreme immunity for most popular disease like flu especially. It's much much better than vitamin C, garlic, honey and other products which rising immunity.

I heard about Tolpas work long time ago in context of curing cancer but I rediscovered it recently when I was wondering how to protect myself from flu. Fortunately extract from peat is now officially approved medicine but there is very pure marketing of this drug and comparing to other drugs which are rising immunity like vitamin C is rather expensive.
In Poland it is selling as medicine called Immuno Complex and it cost about 30$ for month supply for one person.

If you look for ultimate protection check if in your country any pharmaceutic group is selling something similar on Tolpas license.

I'm not afraid of swine flu because I think that all of this is only panic in media but I have enough of all this runny noses, coughs and temperatures every year during winter. Be clever. Use this advice and stay healthy.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by odyseusz]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
STATINS- normally used to treat people with high cholesterol and are fairly common prescription that is extremely well tolerated.

And ALPHA BLOCKERS- used for treating high blood pressure amongst other things. It also has been shown to reduce the effects of a cytokine storm greatly at doses typically given for treating blood pressure from the time you get sick till feeling better.

I never saw anything about the statin drugs helping with the flu or cytokine storms. Can you explain that a bit?

I did read about the alpha blockers (I thought it was beta blockers though), Maybe I should of included them as well. But it makes me nervous when ever it comes to pharmaceuticals because your directly tampering with your bodies own mechanisms. Though if I was hemorrhaging I'd definitely try it.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah
Wanted to ask if Ibuprofen might work the same way that asprin would?

Also wanted to mention, colloidal silver is good stuff, but if a person has systemic candida and alot of toxins in their body, they should ramp up the cs slowly. Once CS enters the blood stream, it attacks the gut and if you have alot of candida and overgrowth of toxins, it will become possibly more harmful than helpful when one is already sick with something else.

I'm not sure, I don't know much about Ibuprofen since I never use it. Aspirin may work differently. Try doing some research and bring back what you find

And thanks about the colloidal silver. I've never heard of someone getting a herx/healing reaction from using colloidal silver. But at the same time I find it safe to take no more than a spoonful at a time. Colloidal silver does attack some toxins though so I'm sure its possible. Same way with MMS and such.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by Scarcer]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Scarcer

I have heard other sources cautioning AGAINST use of elderberry.
I managed to dig out one of them.
the-health-gazette.com...

Personally I will only go for the things which seem to be universally accepted.

Also there is mixed advice on NSAIDS. I have definitely heard that aspirin should be avoided.
transd-tropin.com...

www.russiansentry.com...

[edit on 20-11-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenochs
These kinds of threads scare me a bit.
The reason being is that the ultimate goal is to keep your body in balance, and healthy and the best way to do that is to eat right (lots of fruit and vegetables) control portions, exercise and get enough rest.
It's very simple: you treat your body right in this way and wonderful things happen, you stay slim, happy, and healthy (for the most part), and most of the time the only thing you might need to add to your diet is a multi-vitamin.
My problem here is that most of the substances your sending our way either, a) have no proven efficacy in fighting disease and in large amounts can be downright dangerous, or b) you can get them naturally if you eat right. Your whole post sounds like a commercial for your alternative remedy store.
Listen, we all get sick, best advice I ever got was from my awesome doctor who I've been seeing for almost a decade.
Here's what she told me: get 7 hours of sleep a night, exercise and cut your portions... and when you get sick (which you will) REST.
The rest is just window dressing.

The main point of my thread is to prevent cytokine storms. If you don't catch the flu, then your good. But if your immune system fails to prevent infection, then your at possible risk for getting a cytokine storm and dying from hemorrhaging. I'm not sure whats going on in the Ukraine and England but there's a rise in deaths, might be a new strain or it could be related to the vaccines, I don't know. Though after doing research, I believe most of the american vaccines are currently pure. But the european vaccines are contaminated with squalene and such additives. I'm not taking either though.

And your right, eating right is the most important step in staying healthy and dis-ease free. But sometimes there's more you want to add in. Look again at the majority of the thing's I've added there. The majority of them are plant extracts and have been either proven through labs or through cultural medicinal systems to be affective.

Vitamins are good. But I hope your not taking "one a day" multivitamins. Those are basically powdered cardboard in quality. 3 a day of ALIVE is the best I've found yet.

And the only affiliation I have with iHerb is that I Shop There.

Way cheaper than the nutrition stores around here. Plus it's convenient to use as a reference to show the different kinds of products and ratings available for a substance. I just made it convenient since a lot of people are a little lazy to even bother. They can go buy supplements from where ever they want, not my money lol.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
A note of caution from the American Liver Foundation regarding the risk of Reye Syndrome in children who are given aspirin as a treatment for flu or other virus.

The National Reye's Syndrome also warns nursing mothers not to take aspirin, as there can be a transferrence in milk to the infant. This organizations also extends the warning about aspirin and other salicylicates to teens with the flu.

P.S. linking to my post regarding compounds/foods that may be cytokine storm fighters, as well as compounds/foods that may actually increase a cytokine storm, inlcuding honey, chocolate and echinacea. Not conclusive, of course, however they are backed by articles/studies as found at pda.med. My post here.

Excellent thread, well researched. Seems like our flu kit is getting fairly sizeable.

[edit on 20/11/09 by argentus]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by odyseusz

Thankyou, I'll have to look into that later

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1
reply to post by Scarcer

I have heard other sources cautioning AGAINST use of elderberry.
I managed to dig out one of them.
the-health-gazette.com...

Personally I will only go for the things which seem to be universally accepted.

Also there is mixed advice on NSAIDS. I have definitely heard that aspirin should be avoided.
transd-tropin.com...

www.russiansentry.com...

Thank-you a ton for your reply. It's a kind of complex deal between protecting yourself from infection, and also protecting yourself from cytokine overload. They just don't go hand in hand.

Apparently aspirin needs to be looked into more. Though aspirin and blood pressure medicine are the only emergency treatment suggestions I've heard of.

Avoid a hyperactive (or hypoactive) immune system (and theoretically, the cytokine storm ) with immunomodulators (rather than simple immune stimulators) like Elderberry. Elderberry is extra nice because it has also been shown to disarm flu viruses and prevent them from replicating in the body. Elder flower is a fine relaxant diaphoretic and lung tonic as well, and all around near perfect flu prevention and treatment remedy. I especially like my Elderberry Elixir recipe (scroll down til you see the recipe) to treat and prevent a variety of flu and cold bugs. Other herbs useful in the treatment of hyperimmune or autoimmune conditions include Peach, Cherry, Rose and Reishi.

So people have to decide for themselves. I personally believe immune adaptogen supplements may help.

Thing is though, during our time, cytokine storms don't happen very often, I've only been able to find limited information.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join