It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1918 Plague Remedies and Knowledge Thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
1918 Plague Remedies and Knowledge Thread

This is a response to the Plague Warning Back In August? thread. Plus the Theory explaining ... Depopulation

Ok folks, I decided it would be a good idea (just in case) to have a basic archive of knowledge on how the 1918 virus affects the body and known affective remedies to counter and prevent it along side with new ideas. Homeopathy may be our best bet in the case this outbreak does happen. Please do not troll, thank-you.

As others post important knowledge on possible remedies; I'll update this post to make the knowledge quick to access.

If you like it, flag it!

Known 1918 Remedies/Prevention:
-Inhaling Sulfur (Pouring on wood and lighting on fire.)
-Gelsemium (One of many brands I found)
-Vitamin C (A must for any illness)
-Thieves Oil

Possible Methods for Cytokine Storm Remedies/Prevention:
-Turmeric
-Fish oil
-Aspirin

-Acambis Biotechnology Vaccine: Acambis announced on August 4, 2005 that it has entered into collaboration with a Belgian research centre to develop a single-dose flu vaccine that could offer permanent protection against all strains of both influenza A and influenza B, potentially offering protection against future influenza pandemics.

-ACE inhibitors and Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers (ARBs) have proven to be beneficial in treating the cytokine storm (the major cause of lethality in Bird Flu). PUBMED: The cytomine storm and the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system. More information is found on ACE inhibitors and the Bird Flu in this e-book.

Possible 1918 Remedies/Prevention:
-Oscillococcinum
-Fasting
-Miracle Mineral Solution
-Colloidal Silver
-Garlic (Eating and Inhaling Fumes)

Some Sources/References:
-UNIFIED VACCINE/PANDEMIC THEORY (Must Read)
-Some Elders Experiences in 1918
-Information on Gelsemium & Oscillococcinum
-Detailed Information on Cytokine Storms
-Cytokine Storm Cures: Turmeric, Fish Oil and Aspirin

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Scarcer]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
H1N1 didn't exist in 1918, also, why would you somehow think that anything used as a treatment in 1918 would have anything over modern medicine?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Add to your list the use of Gelsemium by homeopathic doctors. They were very successful in saving lives and having far fewer deaths among patients in comparison to practitioners of allopathic medicine.

With the obscene laboratory revival of the 1918 Spanish Flu in the last score of years together with the fact that many of the characteristics being reported in Ukraine are eerily similar to the symptoms of the 1918 flu, it is a simple matter of wisdom to ask what was effective then that could be made available to large populations at a much lower expense that the fees being charged in Europe.

[edit on 9/11/09 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
H1N1 didn't exist in 1918, also, why would you somehow think that anything used as a treatment in 1918 would have anything over modern medicine?

This thread is a response to another thread about a (possible) risk of the 1918 plague virus being released, or another like it. Also any homeopathic treatment affective against the 1918 virus by logic should also be affective to existing flu's.

As far as homeotherapy being more affective than modern medicine, that would take too long to explain and you can easily educate yourself through research.

Thank you.

And thank you for mentioning Gelsemium, I've added it and will do some research.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Scarcer

I am a health care professional, but don't let that get in your way. The strain of flu virus that caused the 1918 flu pandemic doesn't "exist" anymore. Not sure how it can be magically released "now". Time travel perhaps? Also? It's not very wise nor helpful to put these voodoo cures into possibly panicked people's minds at this point but hey!? What do YOU stand to lose?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

reply to post by Scarcer

I am a health care professional, but don't let that get in your way. The strain of flu virus that caused the 1918 flu pandemic doesn't "exist" anymore. Not sure how it can be magically released "now". Time travel perhaps? Also? It's not very wise nor helpful to put these voodoo cures into possibly panicked people's minds at this point but hey!? What do YOU stand to lose?

Well I'll be as least prejudice as possible. But being a health care professional means you should only know as much as what you have learned through specific education, which would usually mean the bias of modern medicine. Everything else would be through personal research and experience. But I'm not in your shoes and wouldn't know whats going on in your head.

There are documentations that the flu has been reanimated in labs.

The rest of your comment leaves me to the impression your very prejudice and or close minded.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

Weren't so scientist dudes able to recover the Spanish flu from some victims? They are always trying to get those sort of samples - I thought I'd read something about an Eskimo corpse buried in the permafrost? Or was it a lead coffin maybe - something along those lines...

They try to get the strains supposedly to create vaccines - or maybe something sinister, who knows?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Any deaths caused by the "treatments" the OP is posting lie only on his head, not mine.

:: Throws his hands up in disgust. ::

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Any deaths caused by the "treatments" the OP is posting lie only on his head, not mine.

:: Throws his hands up in disgust. ::

Rather than trolling,

Please show me compelling evidence from multiple sources that conventional medicine practitioners have far higher success rates than homeopaths and naturopaths.

I also challenge you to research the opposite viewpoint and see the numbers that lie there.

Propaganda is everywhere.

Remember, this is about initial method vs method. In the end, there is no replacement for an emergency room should either fail.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Has anyone heard of "thieves Oil", it was suppposed to help ward off the Plague....

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nytiger
Has anyone heard of "thieves Oil", it was suppposed to help ward off the Plague....

No sir, but I'll get on it promptly.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Thieves Oil is simply Oil of Wild Oregano. Known natural antiviral.

During the "plague", legend has it thieves would wear a handkerchief over their face that was infused with oil of oregano. They'd move from house to house looting and stealing.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Scarcer

As a health care profession you might want to do some more research. The strain of flu that caused the pandemic does exist. It has been recreated in the last 10 years. Further the swine flu is a composite containing in part the spanish flu.

kx

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

reply to post by Scarcer

I am a health care professional, but don't let that get in your way. The strain of flu virus that caused the 1918 flu pandemic doesn't "exist" anymore. Not sure how it can be magically released "now". Time travel perhaps?

How about more simple explanation: What if it was taken out from the refrigerator?

-v

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

reply to post by Scarcer

I read an article somewhere that stated they had obtained the original 1918 virus a long time ago. Evidently they extracted it from an Inuit woman who died of the flu, and was buried in the permafrost, thus protecting and storing the virus. I will try to find the article, and if I do I'll post a link here later.

I brushed off the article when I read it, but I'm starting to wonder now with all the new info.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by susp3kt]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well thanks so far for what's been attributed. Does anyone else have any known/possible candidates for the list? Also any important information about the 1918 flu like symptoms, etc. Any info that could be useful in the situation that this comes true?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Personally, if it gets bad in my local area I'm stocking up on white onions, garlic, turmeric, premium white tea, and ascorbic acid powder. Should be enough to knock out any virus.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Personally, if it gets bad in my local area I'm stocking up on white onions, garlic, turmeric, premium white tea, and ascorbic acid powder. Should be enough to knock out any virus.

Nice, but wouldn't it be wiser to stock up as soon as it hits the continent? Cause by the time symptoms appear in your local area, anyone could already be infected. Just my thoughts. Personally after I finish researching I'm going to stock up in a couple weeks. Even if this plague doesn't happen, the supplements/ingredients have countless other uses.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbianchi513

Thieves Oil is simply Oil of Wild Oregano. Known natural antiviral.

During the "plague", legend has it thieves would wear a handkerchief over their face that was infused with oil of oregano. They'd move from house to house looting and stealing.

Thanks man. Kinda makes me wonder if face masks would actually become useful if we poured some on them. Garlic works in a similar way too. You cut it open and poor boiling water on the garlic and inhale the fumes.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
My thread available on this topic located here;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join