It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre nuclear detonation photograph

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Some interesting stuff here, funny how the first part of that one detonation looks a lot like Obama's chamagne poster.

There is a very good video of a detonation of a nuclear bomb, taken with a very high speed, slow motion camera.
I saw it one time and have never been able to find it again anywhere, I believe this is one of the only extreme slow motion shots taken.
It was really cool, because you could see bolt of lightning shooting off it, was very interesting to see.
Does any on know hwere to find this video?

Another thing someone spoke of how foolish the people were detonating these nukes, well I would say they were complete morons.
Now if you watch on TV they speak of the horrors of someone exploding a dirty bomb. Well Trinity was one of the dirtiest bombs ever exploded, for all the brains, it took them long enough to say no more above ground nuclear testing.
I don't know what the half life of plutonium is, but I know that crap is blowing in the wind all over the place and the government will continue to say lies and blame everything else for the posion they have strune about.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Question.
How many atomic bomb tests were launched from an aircraft?
How many from an ICBM that had land targets?
No atmospheric tests, they don't count.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
All I can say is WOW the movie you posted was much more then just disturbing.. I now physically feel ill.

I am wondering if was a good thing to watch before going to bed.

I thought of the movie "The Day After" I was in my very early 20's when I first saw it, I feel the same way now just 26 years later watching "Threads" nothing has changed, being very emotionally disturbed from a movie sucks.

Something frightening to think about being only two minutes away from midnight. O well..... 'Oblidee, Obbladah life goes on' ....or does it?

Wheres my blanky.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This is slightly off topic but back in the 50's the US actually conducted a nuclear test with a high altitude air burst while two scientists were ordered to stand directly under the explosion! They weren't hurt because the explosion was high enough but you have to wonder about the attitude of the US Air Force that they would order someone to do that 'just to see what happens'.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
"They" say that nuclear explosions create rips in the fabric of space. Curious people "they"

You can almost see it in the pic. It feels like a zoom into an atom and the energy of the unknown is almost palpable. The view makes the man made objects seem like an old clay-mation film.

eerie.... but hauntingly beautiful

b

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Whilst the photo is interesting, that camera is truly impressive by any measure!

I didn't know they had such capabilities at the time.

[edit on 19/11/2009 by LightFantastic]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

In Stephen Hawkings book, "A Brief History OF Time" he says that in an atomic blast matter and anti-matter annihilate; forming a body of energy like an etheric universe.

He said that energy then quickly thins out, appearing to disappear into the ether; more or less. I really don't recall his exact words.

Edit to add: It's hard to imagine it would be that size. I wonder if that's what it is. The way he described it I believe it happens very quickly.

No consequencE..

Thank you.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by noconsequence]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy
"They" say that nuclear explosions create rips in the fabric of space. Curious people "they"

You can almost see it in the pic. It feels like a zoom into an atom and the energy of the unknown is almost palpable. The view makes the man made objects seem like an old clay-mation film.

b
If this is true, then all the stars are currently riping the heck out of fabric of space, right this second.
Maybe space is made of kevlar space fabric.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
reply to post by Kaytagg

Thanks for the replies,it certainly is quite a freaky picture.

Kaytagg, appreciate the link -the description of the photograph doesn't realy get any more comprehensive than that.

Don't know if anyone remembers this British scientific docu-drama about nuclear warfare
from 1984 but it still remains one of the most scariest films I've ever seen.

Threads

Google Video Link

en.wikipedia.org...

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

I've never seen it, but I will watch it.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Wow, first time I ever saw Threads. A UK version of "The Day After". I grew up in the 70s (born in 1961) and in my teens I was certain that sooner or later WW3 would happen. A very frightening proposition indeed.

I think that if we ever do get that dreaded 10 minute warning; that the missiles are in the air and there is no Buck Rogers star wars system to stop them...so take cover.....I'm going to have myself an ice cold beer, and run towards the ground zero nearest my location.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex

Originally posted by Bspiracy

b
If this is true, then all the stars are currently riping the heck out of fabric of space, right this second.
Maybe space is made of kevlar space fabric.

Who is to say stars are not. Are there not immense electromagnetic and gravitational fields.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I have a question -- why are we worried about other countries obtaining nuclear weapons when we've nuked ourselves over 100 times?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircow

I admire that!
I mean, what else is there in that case? The hotter, the quicker; in the case of those knowing they're not going beyond that place in time.. They could be better off that way.. Not that I wouldn't give an effort; "if" the opportunity was there..

I do not, "strategically", think I'll get past the coming events. Damn!! Anyway; I have sought that some of the well motivated might.

Edit to clarify: Good post that is, "hearible".. The price we pay in that case might benefit someone we love some how too!!
And I now have a thread to go to on, "my ATS" cause I deleted all the rest because of, "dis-enchantment"..lol

No consequencE..

Thank you.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by noconsequence]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
So looks like underground testing and above ground from a tower.
Also lighting or some ground to high altitude streamers are generated.
No altitude test included.
The risk live atomic bomb delivery from bomber or ICBM seems
to high to deal with without a wartime importance.
Sounds like tptb took advantage of a waring atmosphere of the
world to develop the atomic weapon.
And had the airborne delivery an up most importance.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

So I'm thinking LHC, for example; as a collective here. Hmmm.. So if they accomplish it on an atomic/galactic, "scale"; aren't the implications greater than those of the small scale that an atomic bomb is producing?

I can't ever get past these bas#ar#s enough!

Edit to add: I am not trying to go away from the topic; it's just that there are more implications to the question than meets the eye..

No consequencE..

Thank you.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by noconsequence]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Calculon386

It's Not Bizarre, These nukes were tested a LONG time ago. They (TPTB) have tested many others - and refined them! Watch those vids, and You Will See!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
I have a question -- why are we worried about other countries obtaining nuclear weapons when we've nuked ourselves over 100 times?

When we nuked ourself we didn't do it in or above a major city. Luckily!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Whilst looking through these pics showing a great many impressive (and destructive) nuclear detonation photographs I found this very strange image:
Haven't realy ever seen anything like it before -any scientificaly minded members have an idea of the mechanics involved?

Thanks for sharing these photos karl 12,

I did not saw so many different shaped killing mushroom photos before.
It’s without question the evil side of E = m . c2

Look at these guys; I wonder how much it has affected their lives after that happening?
Because they are as I see it pretty close to it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63306e463b66.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by karl 12

That is the most disturbing film I've ever seen in my life! Not kidding. All the horror flicks in the world don't come close. I'm glad to have watched it once, to gain perspective, but will never allow myself to sit through that again.

I'd like to say I agree, but it's really not all that troubling to me.
The spider in the beginning is, though.
I have arachnophobia.
I almost threw up on my keyboard. :/

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Lithium

Originally posted by VonDoomen
I wonder what causes the "tunnels" within the explosion. You would assume that such a force like that would spread out evenly fairly evenly.

The downward directed "tunnels" are, to my understanding, caused by the vaporized support cables that keep the tower upright. What you see there is a few ionized clouds of steel.

The hollow spaces within the main cloud are probably caused by the uneven structure of the bomb, which makes some parts of the explosion wave front be slightly delayed. And of course the timing of the photograph was just right for them to be visible for a tiny fraction of a second.

I find these photos very interesting to a scientist's eye, very scary to the other eye that belongs to a mortal, if you don't mind the expression.
[edit on 19.11.2009 by Doc Lithium]

Indeed.
The spaces are due to uneven propagation from each individual fission reaction overlapping. Some fission before others. Not to mention the human end of it, where the design of the shell is likely stronger in some points and weaker in others.
Then there's the fact that there is material within' the immediate vicinity of the blast, which probably melt right away in to a molten liquid and are then propelled to the ground by the shock wave.

It's strange. All it is is atoms ripping apart chaotically, but even then it creates something so... beautiful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join