It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a conspiracy site isn't it? Then act like it people.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+53 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I am growing tired of all of the threads that are being continually hammered by people who seek to derail every type of thread.

I am growing tired of all of the threads that are being started about things that have no conspiracied but yet thrive full of stars and flags.

I am growing tired of all of the threads that pertain only to political stances.

I am growing tired of all of the threads that discuss religion but not conspiracies of religions.

I am growing tired of all of the threads that show the close mined thoughts of people who say they are the most open minded.

This site is supposed to be about acceptance. Acceptance doesn't mean that you agree with some ones ideas, it only means that you are willing to allow people to be who they are.

This site is not for furthing political agendas. It is not for showing videos of animal rights violations nor human rights violations. If there is a conspiracy in the topics then yes please discuss them. If it is to further you own political agenda then please do not post it.

This site is about open mindedness even if you don't agree with what some one else believes. I am guilty of posting in threads to argue politcal agendas but I now realise that those topics belong elsewhere.

Let us get back to the conspiracies and leave the politics and personal belief systems off of the site. A New World Order will be formed not by the force of a government but by the constant lack of acceptance of others ideas and beliefs. Finally everything will become politically correct and loss of individuality will occur. People who see it their job to press their ideas will be the true NWO.

This is not a Democrat site.
This is not a Republican site.
This is not a Humane Society Site.
This is not a PETA site.
This is not a Military Tribunal site.
This is not a ________ site.
etc... etc... etc ...

This is a conspiracy site. Let us get back to the conspiracies. We are here to find the truth not political ideologies or morals.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Wasn't this site founded on skepticism?
I could be wrong.

+82 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

The only thing worse than off topic threads are threads like these, non-topic threads.

Every week one of these pops up, its actually boring now. How about you start a thread about a conspiracy, set an example.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

The only thing worse than off topic threads are threads like these, non-topic threads.

Every week one of these pops up, its actually boring now. How about you start a thread about a conspiracy, set an example.

Peace.

This is true, but so is this thread.

We are less and less conspiracy threads and more and more news threads.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
There's always the option of going somewhere else if you don't like the subjects I guess.

To seek the truth you speak of, we must weigh both sides of the story equally. To do otherwise would be to embrace ignorance. The perspective that weathers the rigors of debate and/or honest inquiry better is more likely to be closer to the truth.

IRM

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

There is a difference between skepticism and total lack of a desire to see a conspiracy in something. There are people on here who do not discuss conspiracy. All these people do is go from thread to thread pushing thier political and personal agendas. How many times have you seen people try to derail threads that have valid theories? Personally more often then I would like to see on this site. These people have no desire to find conspiracies, they only want to show that there is none. Skepticism is trying to dig through the facts to aid in getting to the truth. At some point in time you have to, as a skeptic, admit that something has merit. We have a rash of people not doing that.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

This is a call out to all of us who seek conspiracies and the truth. We are becoming out numbered and frustrated. This is not a pointless thread. It is hopefully a wake up call for those of us who forgot why we came to this site.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
There's always the option of going somewhere else if you don't like the subjects I guess.

To seek the truth you speak of, we must weigh both sides of the story equally. To do otherwise would be to embrace ignorance. The perspective that weathers the rigors of debate and/or honest inquiry better is more likely to be closer to the truth.

IRM

My point is in the fact that a large part of the discussions this last year have not been of conspiracy in nature. The people that I am talking about are those who go into threads and try to ridicule and make fun of some one who brings what they think might be a conspiracy. I am all for discussing both sides in order to get to the truth.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

I didn't say it way pointless. It certainly makes a point. Its just a point that is made every week on this site.

Today, this thread will gain a couple of hundred responses and numerous flags, all the while, interesting conspiracy based thread will be overlooked. It happens all the time.

There is a problem. We all know there is a problem. This is merely adding to that problem.

You could have at least placed this in the questions section. Are saying this is a conspiracy?

Peace.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

IRM

This is the attitude of those who are trying to put their political agendas on this site. This site is about conspiracies. All I am asking is that we get back to them.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress

IRM

This is the attitude of those who are trying to put their political agendas on this site. This site is about conspiracies. All I am asking is that we get back to them.

There are conspiracy forums, stick to them if you want to discuss that.

Sites evolve, things change. I for one enjoy the site the way it is, if i want to read conspiracies i go into that forum, if i want some 'alternative' news i'll go there, or to discuss religion, go there..... etc etc...

I think it's the best site that collectively has all of the 'alternative thought' news, and opinions out there, and whilst i do enjoy some of the conspiracy sides of it, to tell people to ONLY talk about conspiracy would be a shame when so many interesting debates and topics are going on right now.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Lister87

Then go to a site that is intended for debate of the topics you are wanting to debate. Use the debate forum. I just want people to not change this site into a huge politico site. It is a conspiracy site not a debate site.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

It may very well be. I think that there are people on here who's sole purpose is to make those who think that there are conspiracies look bad. That in it's self is a conspiracy. The conspiracy may also be in changing the face of the site by slowly migrating the topics away from conspiracy discussion.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Then go to a site that is intended for debate of the topics you are wanting to debate. Use the debate forum. I just want people to not change this site into a huge politico site. It is a conspiracy site not a debate site.

I've been reading it for the past 3-4 years, and it's been the same for most of that, and i've enjoyed it.

Why should i go elsewhere? If topics are already there i won't be told not to post in them just because you don't like it.

Most of them are conspiracy related if you look at it anyway, just because they aren't all NWO, or "OMG THE MOON LANDING FAKE" etc etc, doesn't mean the thread isn't conspiracy based, look at ones with people arguing about religion, i mean, take that down to it, imo it's a conspiracy in itself (religion), look harder.

I'd say about 8/10 topics on here are still conspiracy related.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I am growing tired of all of the threads that pertain only to political stances.

I am growing tired of all of the threads that discuss religion but not conspiracies of religions.

I am growing tired of all of the threads that show the close mined thoughts of people who say they are the most open minded.

Then obviously, you have missed my threads.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

It may very well be. I think that there are people on here who's sole purpose is to make those who think that there are conspiracies look bad. That in it's self is a conspiracy. The conspiracy may also be in changing the face of the site by slowly migrating the topics away from conspiracy discussion.

Don't talk rubbish, if people don't agree with certain 'out there' conspiracies thats there choice, i may agree with one conspiracy thread, and not another.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
i have been following this site for about 8 months. many times great new finds of information found its way here first, and i tracked things daily.
however what you are talking about is another example of just how "conditioned" the human population has become- even those who post on a conspiracy website do not even want to discuss things about the government, that swine flu might be a depopulation tool, that , that, that..

it goes to show you just how good the system has been in making people believe they are on the fringe, when really they are still in the herd, just on the sidelines

"the best way to make someone a slave, is to let them falsely believe they are free."

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
we're not more normal, the worlds just more nuts.

between the dubious global conflicts, ecconomic collapse, the rise of china and the seemingly orchestrated fall of the dollar, overt political support for elitist banking cabals, genetic manipulation, global pandemics and media panic, the rise of the surveillance state and, weirdest of all, the vatican not only actively supporting the belief in extra terrestrials but trying to bring them into the fold the only non-mainstream conspiracies left, it seems, are big foot and the loch ness monster.

what do you want ATS, as a collective, to do in the face of that?

[edit on 18/11/09 by pieman]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

As far as I can tell, the headline on the ATS Mainpage states the following line:
THE MOST POPULAR WEBSITE FOR ALTERNATIVE TOPICS

It's fine the way it is for me. Like a poster before me already stated, there are different sections for different topics. If you like conspiracy just don't read the other topics, it's as simple as that.

There are always going to be responses which are not to your liking, it's an open forum after all. Restricting people to only talk conspiracy won't change that, believe me. Generally speaking I feel that ATS is one of the few forums where you can have an intelligent debate. If people type a response in an attempt to derail the topic, just ignore them and continue the conversation in a manner you find fitting. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Off topic posts are very often removed by the Mods, they do a good job at that.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Just a thought....but there is a conspiracy in most all threads, sometimes you just have to look for it a little more.

I have caught myself thinking at times, hm, what is the conspiracy here?
Then, I see it. It's usually there if it remains on one of the conspiracy boards, and I think the Mods are pretty good at moving things around once they see it's inappropriate for a particular board.

Side rant: But if I see another thread on "How Do I Make an Avatar?", I truely may run screaming through the streets while tearing my hair out. These should be closed the very instant they are posted.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join