It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a conspiracy site isn't it? Then act like it people.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Could not have said it better.

There's no debate here...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I agree with you, I mean opposing viewpoints and skepticism are always welcome and healthy, but I see some downright cynics on this site and it makes me upset/angry.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
No. This is not a conspiracy site, it's a complaint submission site.

Point and case.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Some of us are too intelligent to be blinded by the ignorance of seeing a conspiracy in everything. I'm sorry that you feel rational debate about a conspiracy goes against the original intent of this site. Personally, I like the debate about the conspiracies on this site - it has changed my views both ways. There are some topics that I saw as a conspiracy that the intelligent debate changed my views about. Conversely, there are topics that in my opinion were foolish to see a conspiracy in, but the debate opened my eyes to the conspiracy I didn't see.
In general, I am skeptical about a majority of the conspiracies I read about in here and I am personally grateful for the intelligent debate contrary to my skeptical opinion. Often, this intelligent debate changes my view. There are some topics that, so far anyway, I cannot just blindly believe and no debate has changed my opinion on. There are many people on the other side of this debate. As long as there is respect for one another and intelligent debate instead of emotional outbursts toward different opinions, I believe this site is following it's original intent.
If we cut off people who don't blindly believe everything is a conspiracy, this site will shut down within a month.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Since you seem to think you are so vastly more intelligent than many of us here, including myself since you made the remark that only the unintelligent can find a conspiracy in most these threads, may I point out it seems you have seized this as an opportunity to try to elevate your own
ego by making this remark.

It's whether you can agree or disagree with a proposed conspiracy, and consequently and therein comes the bantering and debate. Not merely whether you were able to identify one. Sometimes there may be a mental gymnastic involved in the identification of what the OP is alleging. These are not always clear, although they usually are.

If you believe there is ignorance there, in this identification, and if for whatever reason you choose to boost your own ego in this way, then you go right ahead. But there is no need for the trampling of other's opinions in the process. Your statements are the same as everyone else's. An opinion.

Peace out.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
You can only have so many conspiracies at any given time. In the downtime, it is nice to discuss current issues with other people who like trying to find hidden meaning in events that occur. I have no problem with non conspiracy theories being discussed. I think through these discussions of current issues in the world we find links to actual conspiracy theory.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lister87

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress

It may very well be. I think that there are people on here who's sole purpose is to make those who think that there are conspiracies look bad. That in it's self is a conspiracy. The conspiracy may also be in changing the face of the site by slowly migrating the topics away from conspiracy discussion.

Don't talk rubbish, if people don't agree with certain 'out there' conspiracies thats there choice, i may agree with one conspiracy thread, and not another.

This is exactly what I am talking about. What I said was not "rubbish". We all know that there are people who are employed by the government to be what is best described as "dis-info" agents. They are put forth to cause problems on sites like this. They use their "expert" opinions and constant denial of conspiracies to stop threads from progressing.

I do not agree with some of the ideas on this site but I do not go around making those who wish to post about those topics lifes harder.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

I have learned a lot while I've been on ATS.Sometimes,forums like this
is the only place where you can get news you can trust.I don't believe
half of the news on TV.At least here,you get info from other countries on
what's going on.I still decide for myself what I will ultimately believe.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I agree, this forum is starting to look more and more like mainstream media.

I made a thread the other day about and actual conspiracy in religion that hasn't been talked about on this site, and it got completely derailed by people hating and looking for "scholars" approval of the religious conspiracy.

my thread was here www.abovetopsecret.com...

I guess people are looking for a mainstream news outlet.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

Whats funny about that is that alot of people will not even consider a "theory" unless there is at least some mention of it on the MSM.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Please read this thread.

From skeptic overlord

What was once primarily the forte' of "news junkies," "political hacks," and politicians, the knee-jerk intense hatred of any political ideology not yours has infected our society. The infection is so dangerously deep and harmful we can aptly compare it to stage four lymphoma. The infection has been expertly managed for decades through a combination of media manipulation, repeated political lies, and fringe issue sensationalization. The goal is to keep the American public fixated on hate, hollow blame, and non-issues such that the real persons of power (corporate lobbyists) may shape public policy.

The policies of tptb are very relevant to a conspiracy site. To deny that would be to always wonder how it was done.

(please don't ban me for quoting the admin)

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

I agree totally. The policies that are put in place by TPTB are most indeed the substance of conspiracies. I think that political discussions about policies that are of a conspiracy in nature such as the restriction of freedoms and what not are part of the back bone of this site.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
reply to post by buds84

Whats funny about that is that alot of people will not even consider a "theory" unless there is at least some mention of it on the MSM.

I will have to agree with you there. Theories are just that...not provable at this point. Now I don't knock someone for stating an opinion of a theory with proof that redirects an aspect of a theory. The main issue I see is that what is proof to one person is not proof to others. An MSM article, doesn't do anything to theories I've held as it's just another theory. I do take scientific data into consideration, however, I have to question if the data really means that some theory is totally impossible. Sometimes all of us have to readjust our theories when confronted with other facts or other theories. I think we are all in a search for truth, so to discount a theory entirely just because one point of the theory is proven not possible is a bit unintelligent.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

ATS is a conspiracy site?

To me it's an alternative news site

Hm

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by tallcool1

Since you seem to think you are so vastly more intelligent than many of us here, including myself since you made the remark that only the unintelligent can find a conspiracy in most these threads, may I point out it seems you have seized this as an opportunity to try to elevate your own
ego by making this remark.

It's whether you can agree or disagree with a proposed conspiracy, and consequently and therein comes the bantering and debate. Not merely whether you were able to identify one. Sometimes there may be a mental gymnastic involved in the identification of what the OP is alleging. These are not always clear, although they usually are.

If you believe there is ignorance there, in this identification, and if for whatever reason you choose to boost your own ego in this way, then you go right ahead. But there is no need for the trampling of other's opinions in the process. Your statements are the same as everyone else's. An opinion.

Peace out.

Lady - you are right. It was not my intent to be disparaging nor to come across as an egomaniac. I chose my words poorly and in bad taste. I do apologize to you and anyone else I offended with my remarks. My opinion really is only my opinion and I should not look down on another's opinion. Even if I disagree with someone elses opinion, I do realize that my opinion is just as foolish sounding to them.

I stand corrected - star for you.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I like it the way it is.

I enjoy the banter.

In the end everything that happens is part of the great conspiracy/mystery of life.

ATS is part of my life

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

I have to agree with you,surprised? I am addicted to ATS.I gave you a star!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

There is a difference between skepticism and total lack of a desire to see a conspiracy in something

There are 2 kinds of thinking on this

There are people who believe everything is a conspiracy

there are people who believe there are no conspiracies.

What you are requesting is that nobody ever challenges your claims of conspiracy.

That's just juvenile.

If you don't want to be challenged or questioned, then don't post. It's that simple.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hahaha, someone makes a thread about stopping all the bickering and half of the responses are people nitpicking and pointing fingers.

He makes a valid point, and no one wins a medal for pointing out how this thread is a non-topic thread. It's those types of responses that people are growing tired of.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
So a guy posts a conspiracy theory that is completely off the wall and we have to accept? We can't disagree? Sounds like what this is aiming towards.

Look you are on a site that covers a massive array of topics. The thing is we have this little thing called freedom..delicate business that....

Anyway this freedom thing essentially says that if you post a CT and I disagree I have every right to blast it

Now let's get to the meat of my point...

As much as you can point out the derailleurs we can find just as many people who are CT'ers and truthers that flip their lid and derail their own topic the second someone disagrees with them

CTer: I believe in theory X

Skeptic: I disagree...here is why

CTer: YOU'RE SO FULL OF YOU. YOU CAN'T SEE WHAT IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU

then one of two words typically comes out...frankly I think they are as ugly as curse words

Option A: YOU ARE A DISINFO AGENT

Option B: YOU ARE A SHEEPLE

yeah hate to break it to you OP but these people exist on both sides. Before you blast the skeptics take a look on your side as well

As with every single "I hate disinfo agents' topic there has ever been I have but one question

Who are you to determine who is a disinfo agent?

People aren't derailing a thread just because they strongly disagree. If the skeptic is acting rude...grow up, report them or ignore them

I do it for your side plenty

-Kyo

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join