It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a conspiracy site isn't it? Then act like it people.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This thread is a conspiracy to support the OPS hidden agenda!

He says he wants more conspiracy threads but then starts a thread that on the surface would appear to not be a conspiracy, yet we know he wants there to be more conspiracy threads! The circular logic of the Paradox is at work here!

A clever and subtle ploy OP! but you don't fool me for one instant!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by bigyin

I have to agree with you,surprised? I am addicted to ATS.I gave you a star!

Ok your star is graciously accepted, thank you very much. Good that we can agree on something.

I do spend too much time on here, sometimes wonder what else I could have achieved if I devoted the same amount of time to something else.

The OP was complaining about everything getting starred and flagged... perhaps an idea would be to ration stars and flags, say each member gets a set number each month. Maybe then members would be more choosy about how they allocate them

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hurm,interesting thread OP s&f for you!
Yeah,I agree there are some people here who are just here to promote their political agenda or some other thing that they champion and woe unto you if it's pointed out that there maybe no merit to whatever cause they are promoting.But on the whole this site is of the the best conspiracy sites around.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

perhaps we could do ATS news and ATS solid conspiracys? it seems like there is a distinct difference in the two. Perhaps the forums should be divided into "off topic" as well. maybe political ideologies, Repucplicrats thread, Libertarian, UK parties (excuse my ignorance)+ other countries.

For example, Bilderbergs have been around. Unless there is new info, NOTHING NEW SHOULD BE SAID. Case closed.

News happens. we dont want MSM news necessarily, thatrs why there is CNBC and bloomberg, unless it pertains to the FED reserve?

Hard solution you post, I kind of like my idea there though.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I find that there is a good mix of conspiracies and alternative news on this site.

I still don't see the main point the OP is trying to nail down here though. You state you want more conspiracies, but don't want debate. How ever will a conspiracies move forward with either new information or debunking information if there is not rational, intelligent, logical thought put into said conspiracy?

I also find it amusing that you have generalized and blanketed anyone that comes here and decides to open up dialogue on why they believe conspiracy X is false, you label them as people who are attempting to derail the topic.

Maybe you fine sir, should be looked into as a conspiracy unto yourself. The conspiracy that pure conspiracy theorist what everyone to think like them!

If you cannot take the tongue in cheek there I am sorry and sad

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
However ATS was framed initially, it has evolved to a more general communications venue that applies to not only conspiracy, all the associated subjects that apply to that, but News, Political and Religious discussion as well as Humor and a free Intellectual showcase. Much more actually, but these are obvious.

ATS has also shown that we as a people want media and a place to showcase this work, sometimes our own. ATS has provided that while innovating in still other directions including many we are not yet aware of.

To isolate ATS to a single subject would be naive. Like any living entity, it is evolving as the people determine through their interests and active participation what ATS is. It is you, me and everyone's place to have voice, be informed, be enlightened and spend quality time away from the programmed, homogenized, pasteurized agenda laced mass media. I would expect such from one of the only media freedom sites that has active and ongoing development.

You want more of something make it. And..

If you do not like the lack of conspiracy, conspire some yourself.

ZG

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I guess we have to take all the non conspiracy topics of the site then

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Sounds like your growing tired of anything or anybody that doesn't agree with everything you do, and everything you say. Get over it man, diffrence of opinion is good for everything and everybody, including "conspiracy's."

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

When I see a thread like this, my red light sparks to the on position. I cannot help but blame the original poster for not conceding to an argument, which he or she most likely lost right before he/she posted this thread. Instead of keeping your pride under control, (regroup and settle down), you chose to extrovert your damaged emotions. I think these threads only exist to blame others for personal failures.

If some of you guys cannot keep your emotions under control, (grow thicker skin), you might want to stay clear of the harder debates.

Even though you guys are seeing an influx of current events being posted, you should not dismiss them due to their origins. We are living through political and corporate corruption, and the events are being played out in real-time.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

The only thing worse than off topic threads are threads like these, non-topic threads.

Every week one of these pops up, its actually boring now. How about you start a thread about a conspiracy, set an example.

Peace.

But this is a conspiracy. Someone is trying to make this site look bad and make the whole idea of conspiracy theories and such sound even more ridiculous.

There are just too many conspiratards here.
Conspiratard - a person who calls himself the most open minded person on the planet while ignoring all the flaws of his theories and labeling the rest of the population sheep and skeptics CIA's disinfo agents etc.

[edit on 18/11/2009 by DGFenrir]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
I am growing tired of all of the threads that are being continually hammered by people who seek to derail every type of thread.

I am growing tired of all of the threads that are being started about things that have no conspiracied but yet thrive full of stars and flags.

I am growing tired of all of the threads that pertain only to political stances.

I am growing tired of all of the threads that discuss religion but not conspiracies of religions.

I am growing tired of all of the threads that show the close mined thoughts of people who say they are the most open minded.

This site is supposed to be about acceptance. Acceptance doesn't mean that you agree with some ones ideas, it only means that you are willing to allow people to be who they are.

This site is not for furthing political agendas. It is not for showing videos of animal rights violations nor human rights violations. If there is a conspiracy in the topics then yes please discuss them. If it is to further you own political agenda then please do not post it.

This site is about open mindedness even if you don't agree with what some one else believes. I am guilty of posting in threads to argue politcal agendas but I now realise that those topics belong elsewhere.

Let us get back to the conspiracies and leave the politics and personal belief systems off of the site. A New World Order will be formed not by the force of a government but by the constant lack of acceptance of others ideas and beliefs. Finally everything will become politically correct and loss of individuality will occur. People who see it their job to press their ideas will be the true NWO.

This is not a Democrat site.
This is not a Republican site.
This is not a Humane Society Site.
This is not a PETA site.
This is not a Military Tribunal site.
This is not a ________ site.
etc... etc... etc ...

This is a conspiracy site. Let us get back to the conspiracies. We are here to find the truth not political ideologies or morals.

This is a site for free thought and discussion. That includes the things spoken that YOU don't want to hear as well. Good and Bad. This is not a site just for people that agree with each other. This is indeed a _______ site.What you're suggesting is that we suppress free speech on here.That is not very "openminded" of you.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Phenomium]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I know what the OP is saying though and can agree, at least in part. There are a few people who seem to bounce from theory to theory, maybe within one area, like religion or government conspiracy and then they only post to debunk the theories put forward. They offer no alternative, they don't put anything productive forward. They are the eternal know it all skeptic, and they only live to tell you why you are wrong and your theory is wrong and ignorant but have nothing else to say. On this fact I'll agree with the OP. Those people make me want to just bang my head on the wall. I just would think that as a person you could better spend your time looking for answers instead of being a cynic who brings nothing but insults to the table...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I hate to be a thread whore, but you could always read some of my most recent threads.

While a few generated some interest, some of the REAL conspiracies threads I presented barely got a glance.

There are also plenty of other good threads by others out there. I've seen them! We just have to catch them before they get drowned by some of the less substantive ones.

In any event, happy reading.

The Poisoning of America's School Lunches.

The Biotech Puppeteers.

The Colossal Oil Fraud You Probably Don't Know About.

Cyber War: Sabotaging the System. We are under attack!

China Robbed of Half Billion Eco Dollars.

High-Tech Companies Face Shortages as China Hoards Metals

‘We have already entered peak oil,’ says IEA whistleblower

KBR may have poisoned 100,000 people in Iraq: lawsuit

World’s third largest ice store vanishing!

The Overpopulation (Rate) Myth.

Criminalizing everyone.

MEN: You are being chemically castrated.

The Train You Probably Couldn't Stop.

Blobs: Disease carrying mucus on the rise!

Are Algae Mass Murderers?

The Decline of Mammals?

[edit on 18-11-2009 by loam]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Sounds to me like you are one tired dude!
How 'bout this...start your very own conspiracy topic.
Better to light a candle, than to curse the darkness.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I don't care where you go on the www there is always people that are pushing their political(mostly conservative) or religious agenda.... These are the same people that can't stand to hear of any conspiracy unless it is about who they oppose their views even if the blatant truth is being told.... It seems to be epidemic everywhere at the present time.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I am growing tired of all of the threads that are being continually hammered by people who seek to derail every type of thread.

I am growing tired of all of the threads that are being started about things that have no conspiracied but yet thrive full of stars and flags.

I am growing tired of all of the threads that pertain only to political stances.

I am growing tired of all of the threads that discuss religion but not conspiracies of religions.

I am growing tired of all of the threads that show the close mined thoughts of people who say they are the most open minded.

This site is supposed to be about acceptance. Acceptance doesn't mean that you agree with some ones ideas, it only means that you are willing to allow people to be who they are.

This site is not for furthing political agendas. It is not for showing videos of animal rights violations nor human rights violations. If there is a conspiracy in the topics then yes please discuss them. If it is to further you own political agenda then please do not post it.

This site is about open mindedness even if you don't agree with what some one else believes. I am guilty of posting in threads to argue politcal agendas but I now realise that those topics belong elsewhere.

Let us get back to the conspiracies and leave the politics and personal belief systems off of the site. A New World Order will be formed not by the force of a government but by the constant lack of acceptance of others ideas and beliefs. Finally everything will become politically correct and loss of individuality will occur. People who see it their job to press their ideas will be the true NWO.

This is not a PETA site.
etc... etc... etc ...

This is a conspiracy site. Let us get back to the conspiracies. We are here to find the truth not political ideologies or morals.

I agree. More so on the stance of religion. You talk about God as a real entity than you get 20 atheist attacking your forum saying that your wrong lol

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If you don't like it leave and un=bookmark the site.

No one is forcing you to be here.

If you think you can do better then start your own.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
I don't care where you go on the www there is always people that are pushing their political(mostly conservative) or religious agenda.... These are the same people that can't stand to hear of any conspiracy unless it is about who they oppose their views even if the blatant truth is being told.... It seems to be epidemic everywhere at the present time.

The grass isn't always green on one side. You can be religious and still believe in opposed ideas and come to terms with them. They want to listen. well I only speak for myself in terms. very open minded here

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This thread is a conspiracy to stop people from talking about conspiracy and instead to give attention, good or bad to the original poster.
:-)

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

This is not a PETA site.
etc... etc... etc ...

Lame.

It's a DISCUSSION site. We all want the truth, so by all means everyone needs to offer their opinion so we can obtain the truth.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join