It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant serves half fried fish - head still alive...body cooked!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This disgusts me. I wouldn't doubt that people who find it and entertaining novelty to prod a barely-alive fish with their chopsticks and laugh about it, were also children who delighted in pulling legs off bugs and watching them squirm.

We kill, we eat. Causing prolonged suffering to a creature is an option we shouldn't choose.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mokoman

I said "something about ", You did not quote me correctly. Point to me where I said all Chinese. Are you defending what was in that video? Live and Let Live is a cowardice approach. Here in the US atrocities happen everyday, and when we learn of them, we try and make things right. Ever heard of cage free of free range chickens? This is slowly becoming the new norm here. We have the ASPCA, SPCA, HSUS, Best Friends, and PETA fighting to change things. You can "not judge" all you want, because you don't want to seem hypocritical, I suppose. Myself, I will never "let live" be my motto as long as there are animals out their suffering at the hands of useless humans. When it comes to animals, I do not play the political correctness game like you do.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mokoman
reply to post by badgerprints

No matter what your background or your beliefs, is it necessary to make sure something suffers longer than it needs to?

Longer than it needs to? What do you recon would be an acceptable amount of suffering? And what would make your 'norm' more acceptable than another?

Are you saying here that suffering is alright, as long as we keep it to a minimum?

There is no need for any animal to suffer on our account, we only make them suffer to indulge ourselves. There is no need for any of it.

Nice job seeing things from an incredibly obtuse position.

You read plenty of steaming garbage into a straight forward and simple post.

Nothing needs to suffer. That's the whole point.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Mokoman

do you think plant really want to be eaten? or that they just evolved to deal with it? You can sit and mumble about the respect for life and never eating any meat, but even going and having a carrot is just as disrespectfull to all life LOL. Carrots dont want to be eaten.... no plant wants some #$%hat to rip it from teh ground and grind its body up with teeth. So just go $%^&ing die.

still making something needlessly suffer is very bad and i do not condone it... although we all got to eat.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Wertdagf]

I never said that my respect for animals is the reason why I don't eat meat. If you had read my posts I also said that I respect everyone's way of life. If people want to eat meat I won't try to stop them, it's their choice. Yes, I do respect animals and I also greatly respect plantlife. I grow most of my own veggies. They are grown with love and indeed... I brutally slaughter some of them when I want to eat. What's your point?

I was not always a vegitarian, I did eat meat in my younger years. I even slaughtered some animals before preparing them (chicken / rabbit / duck amongst others) so that makes me just as guilty as anyone. Nowhere do I claim to be a 'saint' of any sorts. I just made the decision not to eat meat anymore.

The point of my posts was to try and make people aware that they are applying crooked measures when judging other people's habits. That is all. Try to see the bigger picture. Just because our 'norms' don't match up doesn't make one better or worse than the other.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

I will never agree with Japan, China, or any other freakin' messed up place in the world that treats animals with no respect.

This is the generalisation I was referring to.

If me 'judging' everyone by equal measures makes me politically correct than I confess. Is there really something wrong with that?

You're right... free range chicken have a great life. They don't suffer from our influences at all, I'm sure they feel exactly the same as they would in the wild...

This is what I mean by using crooked measures. You seem to be in a position to judge what level of suffering is acceptable or not. I'm saying all suffering is needless, yet I respect other's opinion, however different from my own. Is that criminal? It's just my opinion, don't get upset about it please.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Mokoman]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mokoman
reply to post by av8r007

Are you serious? You judge how other people treat animals even though you kill for 'sport'? (fun)

Could you explain to me what the difference is between wanting to eat your meat as fresh as possible (killing for food) and killing for fun? Although it might seem cruel to you to serve a live fish, at least the purpose of the whole scene is to feed someone.

I don't eat meat and don't approve of any of this personally but you really should try to see things from a broader perspective.

It's hypocritical to think that hunting is more 'humane' than the scene in the restaurant. You either value and respect life or you don't.

Are you serious? You can compare taking an animal with one or two shots which results in near instantaneous death to frying a fish alive to be served for the entertainment of dinner guests? Hunting is 10x more humane as I don't start gutting the animal until it's dead. I don't throw it on the grill while it's still alive either.

While it is for sport I do eat the animal I took don't understand what you mean by "Well at least they're doing it for food." Deer hunting is good for the deer as it removes surplus deer from the population resulting in healthier deer all around. That's not a good thing? This particular act on this particular fish is pure cruelty and bares no resemblance to sportsmanship in anyway whatsoever.

When I fish I rarely take anything. I handle each fish I catch with care. Remove the hook and send the fish on its way and as a bonus he got a free lunch. I fail to see your argument. I am a hunter and I can see a barbaric act when it's sitting in front of my face. Treat every animal, especially if you're going to kill and eat it with tremendous respect, for they gave their life so that you can continue yours.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

if it gets eaten, it doesnt matter how it dies. its dead.

Perhaps it's this sort of attitude that encourages little grey dudes to whisk people off for a good butt prodding.

Let's hope that if their real they go after you not me.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Who am I to judge...

Personally, I couldn't watch it all the way through, but I'm sure that is due to my upbringing.

If this is something you are brought up with... then of course they wouldn't see any harm in what they are doing.

Remember... it's society that tells you what the norm is!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

You didn't mention before that you eat everything you kill, I just assumed you were a 'sport' hunter like most others. My apologies.

I'm sure mother nature is very greatful to you for keeping the wildlife populace under control.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Perhaps the people doing this for profit -
will come back as fish -
- and have this done to them.
One can only hope.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Just my 2 cents, I felt it's horribly wrong for anyone to kill a living being slowly even if it's for food. Just kill it and get it over with, you can spend weeks or years doing decoration on it or just looking at it but a slow death like that is horribly wrong.

I am non-veg. but I also believe animals should not be tortured or killed in such a cruel way no matter what part of the world.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Here is a competition regarding the cooking of live animals...

Don't watch if it is going to offend you. It's your right.

[edit on 11/18/2009 by staple]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This is a great thread only because I can run through it and quickly add people to my "foe" list so in the future I will remember easily exactly how evil they are.

Good to know the jeffrey dahmers when you are approached by them.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by staple

Thanks for that video, Staple. It helps [me] to see this kind of stuff as a cultural socialization acceptance.

I don't have any problem with the snake, as they chopped off its head first, before preparing the body. Its chopped up body reflexively wriggles. Don't want to eat raw snake, but fine.

Then it moves on to fish fried, served, still trying to suck air. I still find that to be disgusting and unnecessarily torturous to the animal. Sadistic, even, although I'm sure those that prepare it and those that are served it don't see it that way. Disrespectful to the life of the creature at the very least.

I kill bugs sometimes -- those that the frog that lives on the windowsill or the lizards outside don't get to first. I hate roaches. I would never prolong the death of one though -- one quick smack, roach gutz. Finished.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Color me sadistic or whatever but as was previously mentioned ... Culture and/or Society reign supreme.

If you've been raised or have grown up Not knowing otherwise ... What is the "Norm"?

What's "animal cruelty" versus "day to day life"?

Me?
NO. I've no interest in nor do I feel any sort of appeal for this type of supposed "delicacy"...

Much the same as with a small monkey being caged table center, only to have their life and skull "hammered" into oblivion ... if only to afford those Paying for such their "Experience".

BUT... to each their own. (?)

If there weren't a Market for such...

... just sayin'

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Is this really any different than eating live octopus, or boiling a lobster alive?

Cruelty is cruelty, regardless of where in the world it is.

For those who eat meat, you really need to ask where your meat comes from and how it's killed.

Even a humane kill is still a kill, you've still depriving that animal of a full natural existence.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This is horrifying, but the Western way of processing meat is no better. About all you can say for how we do it is, most of the time it's not deliberate. Still, pain is pain.

I think if you seriously investigate some of our "delicacies", you'll see enormous cruelty there. Check out how lobsters are cooked (boiled alive); shellfish in general, actually; how pate de fois gras is made; veal; sushi; and so on.

Look - we don't even treat our own species right. How can we be expected to treat any other species any better?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Because when you bite through a grub, it twitches for a second or two, then it's dead.

When you fry half of a fish, it seems to stay alive and in pain for quite some time.

Let me put it to you this way. Would you rather have a steak cut off a cow that died relatively quickly, or one cut off a still-living cow that's chained up in front of your table and bellowing for your entertainment?

I have confidence you'd opt for the dead cow.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
is that restaurant korean? they have some sick ideas. your supposed to kill the fish before you eat it not after

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by chillpill

The...fish...that poor *snip* fish was cooked alive, kept alive and forced to watch itself being eaten alive?!

*snip*
Excuse my language but that is meeeeeessssed up!

How can you even eat it with it looking at you?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by GAOTU789]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join